FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If School was Cancelled...

Go down

If School was Cancelled... Empty If School was Cancelled...

Post by Teph Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:40 pm

In High School having school off was like a little piece of heaven, especially if it was because of snow or a Hurricane. (Hurricane for the surfers in my town, and the photographers like me.) However, I'm in college now and things are a little different.

I go to the Fashion Institute of Technology up in the Big Apple, and lately there has been a scary talk of N1H1. Six students from my school have already been infected as of yesterday, and the school is having whispered voices of closing if it gets out of hand. The problem students are talking about are what about the rest of the semester? I'm in a very strict, very difficult program that builds as the next two years go on. Missing half would be devastating, even if they just cut the semester short I'd miss out of half the education I paid for.

The questions that are arising are what about taking into winter break.

If your school closed, would you be excited or pissed?

If you're in college, would you want money back in return? Do you think your school would give it to you, because I know ours is as cheap as they come.

If you got sick, would you expect to be given the chance to retake a semester or take those classes online?
Teph
Teph
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

If School was Cancelled... Empty Re: If School was Cancelled...

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

I would imagine that my own college is really not far from simply shutting down, considering they can't accept admissions for at least two years because they can't afford new students...
And, yes, if that happened I would be pissed, even if I was refunded for the money I've put into this year. They can't refund me the time I've spent there. Even if it was temporary, in the case of the Swine Flu, I would be angry. They could offer the classes online, but then you still aren't getting what you originally paid for, which was class time with a professor.

Back to top Go down