FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description..

+5
Kalon Ordona II
Igraine
Tempest
Fate Flyer
Ab'Sinthe
9 posters

Go down

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description.. Empty Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description..

Post by Ab'Sinthe Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 am

Heylo ^^

A friend of mine showed me this site today and naturally I felt compelled to join this lively community.

I might not be able to live up to the standard of role-playing around here just yet since I lack experience with advanced role-playing.

Anyways, I hail from Holland, Utrecht to be more precise. I'm currently still attending to high school in my final year and the exam pressure will probably murder my time later this year but I'll see what I can do.

I consider myself a fan of dark literature such as Stephan King, Clive Barker and my all time favourite H.P.Lovecraft as well as fantasy tales by writers like Tolkien and Gav Thorpe.

And on top of that music is my true passion. From Death and Black Metal to EBM and Electro to Gothic and Folk Metal and hard rock, synth-pop, industrial etc. Pretty much anything with more sophistication than your average pop-song.

When it comes to style I love Gothic, Victorian and Steampunk the most.

Any questions? Very Happy

With love,
Abby (in the most manly way of the nickname Cool )
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

https://www.youtube.com/NoOoDLe666

Back to top Go down

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description.. Empty Re: Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description..

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am

Hey, Ab'Sinthe! I really love your name. I have a question for you -- Do you drink absinthe? I always wanted to try it, and I hear it's quite good. Smile

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description.. WelcomeToFOG

That was sweet of your friend to show you here. From what I can tell from your introduction, you seem to be quite a good writer. :] I'm sure your abilities surpass what you give yourself credit for.

It's wonderful to have someone from Holland amongst us! We just had someone from the Netherlands join us, so someone here is at least around your region. How do you like Holland?

Thumbs up on your interest in the darker forms of literature! Thumbs Up I'd love to get The Call of Cthulhu by Lovecraft.

I hope that you enjoy yourself here, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description.. Empty Re: Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description..

Post by Tempest Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 am

Welcome to FOG Ab'Sinthe! Smile

I have got to say I am also fascinated with Dark Literature, and all those authors you noted are favourites of my own as well!

Tell me, if you like heavy Gothic and dark literature, would you by any chance happen to be into Warhammer 40K?
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:36 am

For the first question, yes! I do drink it. Love it personally although many find it a wee bit too bitter for their taste or they can't handle the smashing alcohol percentage. I can truly recommend it though if you're looking for something with a brutally twisted effect on your senses.

Also, Holland is great except for the weather.. The weather is unpredictable, rainy and surprising. Ah well, I suppose one can live with something like that if you live in a blob of freedom compared to most of the outside world.

The Cthulhu Mythos are definitely my favourite short story sagas and one of Lovecraft's best by far although stories like The Outsider of which I won't reveal any spoilers are as interesting and fascinating as the more known works. ^^

And last but not least before I gotta blaze to pick up my watch from repairs, yes, I'm quite familiar with the lore of 40k although I don't actually play the game. (Except for Dawn Of War =P) I also hosted an rp loosely based around the 40k fluff in the past. ^^

~ Ab's
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 am

Well I am hosting a role play on 40K down in the Advanced Area called A Clash of Interests. I think you might find it quite intriguing. We've just begun so we can definitely accommodate another player if you want to join! Check it out!
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 am

Welcome to FOG, Abby (of the most maculine "Abby")! It's wonderful to have you, and I'm sure you'll find any number of roleplays to walk into here - don't be too put off by the "Advanced" thing. It is mainly meant not to scare off anyone, but simply to remind people who might come that general, habitual language sloppiness and posting like they're writing an IM is generally not a part of the RP to be found here.

It's wonderful to have you though - and so glad you made your way here! Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Abs! Awesome avatar! XD

Like Igraine said, no need to worry too much. We've got a Casual section, which is still pretty advanced in the sense of literacy standards, so you get quality in either section. Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Thank you for the compliments and more importantly the warm welcome ^^

Makes me feel right at home here =)
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I KNOW YOU SECRET! BEHOLD!

Ladies, Gentlemen and those who don't fit either description.. Guildmage

I see you may have an interest in MTG. Several of us here do. And if not, I have just revealed my nerdiness, for knowing where your picture came from.

My plan has backfired.

*Pushes his thick rimmed glass up on his nose, and snorts*

Would you like to trade your MTG for some of the pokemans I has?

*Does not know how to increase the quality of his intro. AbSinthe will have to settle for half an intro.*

Welcome to the boards.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ab'Sinthe Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd rather trade you some of my pokemans for your MTG ;]

And yes, you discovered my geekiness.. But I take pride in it so..

>.>
<.<

Thanks for the welcome :3
Ab'Sinthe
Ab'Sinthe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:33 pm

I got rid of all my pokemans.

I haven't played MTG in months. All my friends who played seemed to lose interest.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Ab'Sinthe wrote:
I might not be able to live up to the standard of role-playing around here just yet since I lack experience with advanced role-playing.

Advanced isn't that bad. You won't remember the standards once you start. Wink

Welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamster Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Friend, fellow Dutchmen, and classmate even, reporting in. Wink

Now, I'm used to Noods, so I'mma call you Noods on here. Razz

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. Smile

(Yarr, smiley attack. @_@)
Hamster
Hamster
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:14 pm

WELCOME TO FOG!

NOW LET'S ROCK OUT POKEMAN STYLE

CHARIZARD USED FIRE BLAST

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

IT DID 50 DAMAGE

WAIT, WUT?

*game explodes*
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 pm

O.O

I did not realize that would happen!

Mind = blown.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Diodri wrote:Mind = blown.
Does that mean YOU have a dirty mind...?
Or does that mean I have a dirty mind?
Shocked
Laughing

Oh dear, forget I said that. Surprised

(cripes, Inerio's gonna glomp me for sure!)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:51 pm

Welcome to FoG, Ab'Sinthe. It's good to see another geeky face.

I've only ever read one book by Clive Barker, and that was recently. It was The Thief of Always. I rather liked it. My boyfriend recommended it to me. I was really surprised to learn that he's the very same one who did the Hellraiser movies. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down