FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chatterbox Thread

+31
Mattipus
ACK!
Weiss
Baker
Mur
Hello Danger
Ragter the junior greeter
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Adrius Frostglare
Kædai
LunarScorpio
Sunni Ookami
vitamin_kitten
Arthmael
Loki
Lara
Inerio
Reffy
Kaito
Gunneh
Fluff
Shades Of Gray
Mezrin
Kathryn Lacey
Tempest
Eternity
Fate Flyer
Hope
Sighlent
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
35 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

The Chatterbox Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Chatterbox Thread

Post by Weiss Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 am

I don't think that would work at all. I'm far too mean of a person for people to care what I look like. They probably imagine me being a big, mean, bear-like guy with sharp, pointy teeth and stuff! Since that's not too inaccurate, I figure we let it stay that way. [Nods.]

The idea of using a Neko Elric as incentive isn't bad, though. I see potential there. Maybe a couple picture of the two of you when you go on our date? [Nudges.]

I was thinking, though, that we could do something that only happens in the chat room. Perhaps then people would feel there's a reason to come in there. But I'm not sure what. I don't even know how to use trivia bots and such, and we're limited on what we can offer as prizes if we do any kind of "contest" thing. When it comes right down to it, there's not much to motivate people except the prospect of growing closer as a community, and that just doesn't seem to do it. Sweat Drop
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:23 am

You mean you look like this?

The Chatterbox Thread - Page 33 Cheer2

I dunno... I think that's pretty cute. Your definition of mean must be pretty out there. I figure lots of people would want to spend time with you. You just look so cuddly!

If I ever make it to Arkansas, it's a deal! After all, Elric isn't the only one who should have fun with that. I'll make some neko Elric merchandise and distribute it here on FoG. Muhaha

Hm, well you could go somewhere with that. As in, once a week, at a certain time you could have some type of event in there. Someone could host a trivia night(maybe a themed one), as you said, and the prize could simply be an icon/stamp thingy for your signature(such as, 'FoG's reigning trivia champion'). You could even have a thread dedicated to the winners.

I doubt that any more incentive than that would be needed. It's not like chatting takes as much effort as writing a short story does. If people expect more than that... well, they shouldn't. End of story.

I know that I would enjoy something like that and most people here are fairly like-minded. I'm certain that if you, or someone else were to create an interest thread you'd find out for sure whether fellow Foggers would go for the idea. If they don't like it, they can always suggest their own.

Either way, if there were events going on in there I'd show up as often as I could. But as long as it wasn't overdone. By which I mean, as long as there wasn't something big going on all of the time. Because eventually people would grow tired of it. Who knows, by luring more people in there with the events they might find that they really enjoy it, and will pop in regularly. If not, at least you'll have them attending the events and socializing then.

This is all theory obviously. I'm just trying to suggest a few things. Maybe you can work off of/add onto something I've said. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 am

Well, I could see how difficult it would be to get a nice little bot up and running that would run a trivia game. I've got some friends that are good with scripts and it could be fun to do.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:27 am

Yeah, they used to have some really simple ones for mIRC (and related clients, but it had to be run through mIRC) where you just load it up and use some really basic commands to have it do this or that. I have no idea where to find them anymore, though, since it's been ages since I've used mIRC on a regular basis.

I suppose I could try looking it up, though.
I wonder if they have any "Literature Trivia" scripts, or if it would be possible to make one using a pre-formatted template...
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 am

Ugh... I had to wipe my computer again, but Misery helped me through everything. He's amazing.

Anyway, as I generally feel a need to reply to almost everything, I'll do that. ^^_^^

Danger, you and I seem to have switched roles. The fact that I had to wipe my computer after I already had most of my story written has made me lose massive amounts of interest in the contest. I've decided not to write a story, but you have decided to create one. It's neat. I look forward to reading it and possibly proofreading it as I did your last story.

Weiss, I think my main reason for avoiding the IRC chat is because I have dial-up. A chat room like that just slows down the tiny amounts of speed I get while browsing. Another reason is that I like to multitask, and I always seem to miss something important when I'm doing something while I'm in a group chat. It makes me feel like I have to do nothing other than sit there and wait for people to say things. It sucks.

I do see the benefits of it, though. If I wanted to simply devote my time to chatting with a bunch of FoG members in real time, I think it would be a great way to get to know them better. After all, we can't all be as intellectual when we have to give instant responses as we can be when we have a lot of time about which to think of something to write.

It's a good way to get to know our members as much as one honestly may without meeting them face to face.

I would also like to tell you that while you have irritated me on occasion, and I've felt a couple of times that you've behaved like a pompous ass, I still don't really think you're mean. You're just honest, and you declare what's really on your mind. You don't beat around the bush, and I respect that.

Honestly, I've pictured you as being of average build, perhaps on the thin side, with glasses and a slightly severe bone structure... Not really fitting with how you believe many may picture you.

I was one of those who was disappointed in having missed seeing your picture. heheh

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:16 am

I don't really have a mental image of Weiss other than the guy in his avatar, which I made myself based on a previous iteration of the character! Isn't that sad? Aren't you ashamed, Weiss? Razz

A guy who cooks for the joy of it, among other pastimes, can't look THAT mean. Laughing Maybe a bit of a sneer and a penchant for raising one eyebrow, but also with a twinkle in his eye... and possibly an epic theme-song in his heart. ^^
Maybe we should start a petition to get a picture. xD
*signs name* Muhaha
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 pm

:: proceeds to sign her name to the petition to requisition a photograph of Weiss ::

I'm in!

Actually, part of my picturing Weiss comes from seeing his avatar, but I actually picture him having darker hair. I guess I'll never know until I happen upon a photograph of him.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 am

Don't do it Weiss. You'll lose your sex appeal! Laughing

Btw

Night of the Living Dead (1968) is so lol! but I can't stop watching it! I love it!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm determined to get my entry done tonight!!!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

I've been dancing to Happy Feet all morning with Taeo. Swinging a blanket like a mexican ruffle dress and shaking a toy tambourine to my hearts desire!

Boy it's good to be a kid.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Aww. That's sounds like a lot of fun. I love how even if you're a grown adult, as long as you're entertaining a small child, you can be as silly as you desire.

I celebrate the fact that with Misery's help, I was able to download FireFox, so until I get my laptop, I'll at least be happy with the speed of my internet.

I mentioned a laptop, and I'll celebrate having bought one yesterday for college. Once I get it, I'm going to get DSL, so I'll have even better Internet enjoyment! :: squees ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 am

Well, I tend to agree with you but I know there were moments post adulthood pre parenthood where I was acting like a silly little kid because...well, I didn't have much of a childhood and I guess that resulted in a peter pan complex...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 am

Mer... I think everyone acts like a silly little kid whether it's appropriate or not. I've done it... In fact, in larger groups, I get kind of "actressy" like I'm putting on a show for people. It's not to say that I'm lying about anything. It's just that I tend to throw a lot more jokes and energy around than when I'm just in a one-on-one. Sometimes that "energy" serves to make me less mature acting, so yeah...

Anyway, I wanted to say that the World Builder Project has inspired me to sketch a little. I've never been particularly awesome at sketching, but I really wanted to sketch the way I imagine the portals to appear, so yeah. I mean, I had a screen cap for a general idea, but it's different in it's own right, so I wanted to do what I think is a better representation.

Of course, I'm not all that great at sketching, and I already misjudged the amount of room I had for one of the dial's pieces, so the symbols on it start rather wide-set and become more scrunched as one goes. XD The dials aren't perfectly centered either, but at least I had two different sized bowls, a desert plate, and a glass to use to make nicer circles. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm studying scientific evidence to support cannibalism, as well as learning how to distinguish cremated bones from roasted ones. Anybody hungry?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Sounds like a modest proposal to me. [/pun]
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Smile

It's a horrible coincedence that I am watching this lecture at dinnertime -_-
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I'd lend you a hand with your work, but I don't think that would be in my best interest.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I don't know...the professor wants my head in the game but I don't think it's in my best interest Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 pm

No surprise, professors typically ask for more than students are able to de-liver.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I know, I often feel stripped to the bone with all this work!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm

It does take a lot of effort to dig to the heart of such topics, but I'm sure it is something that you can stomach.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 am

Haha, you sure are funny! Come to think of it, I've never met a man I didn't like.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:43 am

Sounds like you've had good results from meating people.

(That typo is intentional; so don't line me up in your sights yet, Kathryn.)
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:47 am

Yes, many people I've met are quite generous, and I enjoy them for quite some time.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 am

Does nothing slick your appetite for partaking in exchanges of the minds?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 am

Kathryn lowers her rifle. "Damn..."

"Oh, wait!"

She takes aim with a renewed sense of purpose and pulls on the trigger.

BANG!

"It's 'slake' not 'slick.' 'Slake' means 'to relieve or to satisfy' while 'slick' means 'very smooth or slippery.'

Last edited by Kathryn Lacey on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am

Damn! Every time!

*Counter Attack*

Italic tags don't work unless you remember to close them with a "/".
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 am

Damn it all I had a wonderful comeback and I was logged on as freaking Silvone -_- ruined, just ruined...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 am

Psh... You think those counterattacks work on me? I noticed my BB Code error before I read your remark. Dial-up just slowed my fixing it.

Besides, grammar is way more important than BB Code. Thus, the only counter attack that could have worked was one where you pointed to an error in grammar.

:: pats Ryona :: I'm sorry. Maybe next time, eh?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 am

"She's got you where she wants you, and now she's gonna EAT YOU!"

I just wanted to tie the two topics together.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next