FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP WANTED: Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars....

+8
Weiss
Deadpan
Adrius Frostglare
Digital Muse
Baker
Igraine
Rittermeister
Gunneh
12 posters

Go down

HELP WANTED:  Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars.... Empty HELP WANTED: Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars....

Post by Gunneh Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm

OK, here's the plan: My buddy EnRohbi (other sites, IRC, etc) has an RP/story that he's been trying to get going for ages now, and every time he gets it going, it fails for some odd reason. I've convinced him to think about moving it to FoG, but he;ll only do it if I can find him some damn good RPers that won't give him any crap about posting and won't disappear for ages at a time.

It's a Hard Sci-Fi plot set in our own universe, loose enough plot to have fun with, but you've got to be mindful that En has notebooks filled with information on this universe at his house. Hell, the guy even had his friend come in and help him make blueprints for a space elevator! If you're looking for a good RP, this one is it.

Post below if you're interested Very Happy
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

HELP WANTED:  Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars.... Empty Re: HELP WANTED: Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars....

Post by Rittermeister Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm definately interested.
Rittermeister
Rittermeister
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

HELP WANTED:  Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars.... Empty Re: HELP WANTED: Sci-Fi RPers Who Want To Get Away From Star Wars....

Post by Gunneh Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Sounds like a plan! Anyone else?

NOTE: For anyone interested, En is having a meeting in the "Treehouse" tonight on the IRC. Just go here select GameSurge from the "IRC:" dropdown menu, type in whatever you'd like to be called in the "Nick:" space and then put "#rpgchat" in the "Channel:" space. Whenever you connect to the channel...talk about the RP lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rittermeister Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I've spoken to the creator, and this definately seems like a good one. Recommend you guys sign on while you can.
Rittermeister
Rittermeister
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:53 am

BUMP

Come on, guys! It's a really fun RP!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 am

Hey there Gunneh - would you mind giving maybe just a little more background on this one, before I commit? If you say it's fun, I'll certainly take you at your word, but I'd like to know a little more of what you do, actually. And to be honest, I simply wouldn't have the time to spare, to read encyclopedic amounts of material just to get started. If that's what would be required, I'm afraid I personally couldn't do it - but I'd definitely like to hear more of the "bare bones" of what your friend has, at least?
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:06 am

Heh, I'll give you what I can, Igraine, but En has so much thought up for this idea that I can't even begin to cover a lot of it: The year is 2975, and the Earth is a mere shadow compared to what it used to be. The people of Earth are more primitive and the "governments" are run by different warlords who are all vying for more power and more land.

The people who could afford it ventured out into space, mostly to Mars if I'm correct. Most of the planet is impoverished and it's difficult to make a living, so some people have taken up a living doing whatever they can to get by, whether it be by selling drugs and weapons, or running other types of missions on "pirate" ships known as Back Alley ships.

The story focuses on one Back Alley ship called the Jerry Jackson and it's crew. That's really all that I can give you from my knowledge, but En will have more details if we can get more people, so if you know anyone it'd be very helpful for EITHER of you to invite anyone how would be good additions to the crew lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:07 am

Yeah, I'm interested. I should have paid attention in the Treehouse when he had the meeting >.<' but, I'm definitely interested.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm

If you'll have me, I'm interested too. Been a while since I've done a gritty, dark space RP
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Sure thing, Muse! If you will, would you please make an appearance in the Treehouse and talk to En? He won't let anyone join that doesn't talk to him.

NOTE: For anyone interested, En is having a meeting in the "Treehouse" tonight on the IRC. Just go here select GameSurge from the "IRC:" dropdown menu, type in whatever you'd like to be called in the "Nick:" space and then put "#rpgchat" in the "Channel:" space. Whenever you connect to the channel...talk about the RP lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Hey there, Gunneh,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to be honest here, and just say that trying to catch all of this in chat and everything else, well - it might be a bit more work at the moment than I really have the time or energy to invest for just one RP. No offense to you or to the guy whose "world" this is, but I simply won't be able to coordinate things like that at a moment's notice. I'm fairly sure my writing is at least good enough to meet anyone's standards, but it doesn't look like I'll have the time to devote that the OP would want for this.

tl;dr: Just giving notice that I won't be able to meet the requirements in time this RP looks like it will need - but thank you for the consideration. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm

I'd join in if I hadn't created/started an interest check on my AoG universe yet. This is certainly my type of RP, though.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpan Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm in.
Deadpan
Deadpan
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:56 am

I wouldn't mind taking part in this. Since nearly all of my other RPs have reached their Time of Death from stagnation, I have plenty of time for both this and Adrius' AoG RP, and I've been looking to expand my horizons into the realm of Sci-Fi, since it's my least-played genre.

I'm also on the boat of not wanting to spend too much time reading information about the RP just to take part. I don't mind doing some light reading, but if it isn't pertinent to the storyline of the roleplay, and if it isn't something my character should know, in depth, then I really don't particularly care about extraneous details. I'm making an exception for Adrius' RP, but that's a one-time thing.

On another note, it seems like his RP concept draws some of its inspiration from Firefly, judging by the information you've given thus far.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 am

The RP is coming, boys and girls...I'm just not sure -when- lol En isn't going to post an OOC till he gets ready to start the IC...just makes sense that way, I reckon lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:23 am

Yeah...En is the world's worst procrastinator. >_<

But we still love him. Smile
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:28 am

I was wondering....
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aslanemperor Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Well, it seems like it could be interesting. When's it gonna start up?
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm

It seems to have fizzled. *sighs
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Still gonna happen....En's just a lazy fuck lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Oh, what the hell, no one except Weiss took interest in my idea (or had the saintly patience to read my extensive universe) so I might as well toss that idea out the gutter and join yours. It's probably better anyway.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:27 pm

SOON! VERY SOON! I promise ^_^
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EnRohbi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 am

Hi, guys
Just wanted to drop a little UPDATE for anyone who showed interest.

I may be starting Back Alley (This RP) extremely soon.
Anyone who was interested, send me an EMAIL (dcshaw.en@gmail.com) with your Character Sheets. Which means, make your character and get them to me ASAP. I don't care what's in your character sheet, put in as much information as you feel is relevant.

Also, everyone who is joining the RP from the start will be an already established character. Which means: I will be writing you into the first post. Because, due to the setup of the RP, it would be unrealistic to have 5-10 people randomly all being introduced at the exact same time.

I'll take as many people as want to be in the RP, but if I find there are too many of you, I'll start thinning the herd after a few pages.

If you have any questions about the RP (I believe there are a few of you that I haven't had the chance to explain the RP to), you can find me either on MSN (Email address above) or you can go into IRC. You can find me on irc.gamesurge.net in #RPGChat (That room is not associated with roleplayerguild, don't worry, I'm not doing advertising)

Anyway,
If you guys don't talk to me or get your character sheets in before I write my first post, you'll still be welcome to join, you just might have to wait for a spot for me to introduce you. I'll try to start the RP in an ambiguous enough way to make that possible.

I'm sorry I took so long to get the ball rolling, I hope to see you all sending me Character Sheets. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

Sooner would be better, because I might get bored in my next class and start it -today-.

Hell, I might get bored in 20 minutes and start it -then-.

-EnRohbi

EDIT: to the people who said "I don't want to read an assload of shit just to participate" I really don't cover more than is necessary, unless you start asking me questions (Which usually happens.)

I try to only cover the information that your character needs to know. It still takes a little while, but I usually aim to only have to cover it once.

HOWEVER: the alternative, which I am not overly opposed to, is I give a much lighter explanation of it, and then when your posts contain errors, I let you know and you change it. Now, I don't like being crazy picky about posts, which is why I usually try to explain everything at once: However, if you'd rather it be done that way, I will certainly accommodate.

EnRohbi
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:30 am

Woo-hoo! *races off to send email!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by EnRohbi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 am

Digital Muse wrote:Woo-hoo! *races off to send email!

You should stick around the treehouse too, incase I need to get a hold of you.

That goes for everyone, by the way, not just Digi here.

EnRohbi
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IRLGoat Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:25 am

Hellu En.
And everyone.
I am joining this.
Again.
=w =
IRLGoat
IRLGoat
Mist
Mist

Female

http://vocaladies.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EnRohbi Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:38 pm

This is the last time I'll be posting in this thread, the RP is up now.
I'm not going to make an OOC for it, because, frankly, I hate them and would never use it.

If there's anyone else who wants to join, come find me on IRC.
Preferably in #RPGChat on irc.gamesurge.net.
PM me if you need help getting in.

Also, if anyone needs to see someone else's character sheet, I have them all saved.

EnRohbi
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down