FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy goes it

2 posters

Go down

Easy goes it Empty Easy goes it

Post by Stray Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 pm

So, I thought the best way to break into this is with a one-on-one. That way you can see how I do and I can get a feel for the site. I've got an idea that I'd like to take a shot at and wanted to see if there was another who might find this an interesting character study.

The setting is Star Wars. The time period is the Old Republic. Mainly because it is fresh on my mind at the moment. It is a period where there are plenty of jedi and sith about. Tensions are high as peace between the Republic and the Empire is starting to fall apart.

For this story, however, it will be much more personal. I would be playing a human female youngling that was once a padawan. Sadly, when some former enemies of her master caught up with him, he was killed and she was taken into slavery. It has now been several years and she has been rescued by a group of jedi who are taking her back to the enclave to begin her road to recovery.

I'm looking for another who would be interested in being a jedi knight or master who is willing to take her in, not as a padawan, but to help her learn to live once again.

As always, I'm open to other ideas or expansions on this one. So, please feel free to post your thoughts.

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Easy goes it Empty Re: Easy goes it

Post by skull_mech Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:15 pm

This looks promising and interesting. Rather than the usual Jedi trying to make a young Sith turn coat, this is probably rehabilitation as well as retraining for a young padawan.

Though I'm not sure about her being missing for several years. At least from what I know, I don't think the Jedi order would allow for a padawan to go missing for several years. probably weeks or months, but not years. But if you want it to stay that way its fine with me.

Other than that, is this setting before the rise of Darth Revan, or after the Exile has left for Revan?

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:03 am

That is correct, you understand it completely. My reasoning for the several years is to make her slave girl personality believable. If it had been only a few months, her recovery would be faster and she would not nearly be in the mental state that I have her in. Keep in mind, the Jedi are not all powerful and seeing. There are only so many and they can't police the entire galaxy. I'm sure they did try to find her, but were unsuccessful.

The time period for Star Wars: The Old Republic is 3,500 years before the rise of Darth Vader and 300 years after KoToR.

Unfortunately, when I didn't see any interest on this site, I had it posted on another site. It has taken off there and I'm currently wrapped up in it. I don't think I would want to start it here also, as I'm sure it would go differently and I'd probably start getting confused as to what was happening with the character and where.

I really appreciate your interest, however. Smile Thanks for replying!

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by skull_mech Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Well if you're up for any other Star Wars RP I'm up for it. Oh by the way, can I have the link to that site? I'm interested in seeing how things are going. XD

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Here's the link: Old Republic Forums

I post as Stray over there as well. The thread is a rather long one as it has several story lines going on in it. It is set in a enclave. I have a couple of follow up post after the one above as I move the girl to her room, then it takes off at page 35, where you will see a poster by the name of NitWhit starting to interact with the girl.

Hopefully, you will find it entertaining, if you can over look some of the, how do I say this nicely, idiot posters, lol. The thread is consider semi-open, so you will find all kinds of skill levels posting in there, but I think you will find the quality ones tend to clump together.

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by skull_mech Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 pm

It took me a while to actually understand how the RP goes on in there, but I got it after a while. Am too tired to read now but will catch up on the story tomorrow. Love how your character continues to act like a slave. XD I can't wait to read as the character change and grow.

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:10 am

If you do indeed read the entire sequence, basically chapter one if you will is complete, I would very much like to know what you thought. As I have told others, I'm not a writer, but I enjoy trying. Smile

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by skull_mech Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 am

It might just be me but... I think I'd prefer it if the RP was only between the two of you. Though the others do help the story move along, I kind of feel like the story is getting side tracked at times. Another thing is perhaps the girl is changing her attitude a tad bit too fast? After years of being a slave, she would still be cautious over everyday stuff even after ebing told she is a Jedi. She should still be solitary or rather, slow to open up to others even if they claimed to have rescued her or are nice to her. But like I just said, that might just be me. Overall an interesting story and like I predicted, simply a breath of fresh air by mixing slave and Jedi.

skull_mech
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:45 am

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. The story is far from over as her recovery is just beginning. So, I'll keep your thoughts in mind as I move her forward. Smile

Stray
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down