FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Such an easy registration...

+3
Kalon Ordona II
Loki
Starstruck
7 posters

Go down

Such an easy registration... Empty Such an easy registration...

Post by Starstruck Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 pm

That doesn't bode well. Email confirmation is not about to stop a troll from creating forty different accounts and using them all...

But enough about security. Hello, I'm Starstruck. I started out looking at RoleplayGateway, moved to RoleplayerGuild, went back and joined RPGateway, and then looked up related sites. This looked good.

I am a very advanced roleplayer, as you may be able to tell from my very English disposition and grammar nazi-ish tendencies. I will get along with people below my level, but I love dealing with people who are better at this than I am because it gives me a chance to learn from the best, as they say.

For those of you that want personality...

I am a planning sort of person, planning to strike when the time is right rather than impose my will on everyone, always. I am humorous, and rather a pun-lover. Everything I do has meaning. I am ruled by logic and instinct rather than emotion, so I can be cold and unfeeling, but my team of writing analysts can tell me when I'm doing something wrong. You know, those nice men in the white coats.

Anyway, enough seriousness. I hope to bring many great ideas to the FOG community, but I'm mostly here to learn. I heard this was an Advanced Community; show me Advanced Community, please.

~Starstruck

Last edited by Starstruck on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Starstruck
Starstruck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Such an easy registration... Empty Re: Such an easy registration...

Post by Loki Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 am

Welcome to FoG, Starstruck. Rest assured that even though we may not require email verification, we are quite diligent and effective at sniping would-be spammers. Staff also have the ability to easily track the IPs where posts originate and who all posted from them, so multiple accounts become quite easy to identify.

As it stands now, we are a small enough community that we don't really attract the riffraff that can frequent other larger sites.

I am also a creature of logic (comes with being an engineer) and am always glad to see an RPer who is not satisfied with things occurring "just because". FoG is the best RPing site I've come across and have ceased looking once I got settled in since I no longer saw a need to look elsewhere. I hope you will share that same outlook in time. Smile

Make sure you read through the rules, especially the IC ones, then dive right in to whatever RP suits your fancy.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:11 am

Firstly, I must tell you, I was forced to highlight your entire post in order to read it. Dark blue on a dark background is next to invisible, at least on my screen. Just for future reference. Actually, I recently created a thread on this very subject. If you like, you may access it easily from here, at your leisure.

Moving on, I'm very happy to have another experienced player joining us! I'm the sort of person who can be crazy one moment and dead serious the next, so I seem to fit in well here, where there is plenty of both floating around. We're a lighthearted bunch, intensely focused on excellence in writing, as oxymoronic as that may sound.

As for security, it's like Loki said. The staff here is quite vigilant, if I do say so myself, and we're not that large a site anyway. We've had some spammers once in a while and they've been swiftly dealt with. Still, I'm sure we're open to suggestion.

Beyond that, welcome again to the FOG! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing. In fact, I do have an Advanced role-play, with a very deep setting, which has been going for some time. It's slowed down a bit, but not stopped (as a host, I never stop a role-play even if it slows down; it always bounces back). The lull right now would probably be the perfect time to jump in. I designed the role-play with newcomers in mind, to where anyone could join at any point. See here if you're interested. We'd love to have another experienced player.

Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 am

Welcome to FoG, Starstruck! Let me echo the previous sentiments and say that FoG is definitely the best role-playing community I have encountered, and I also have never thought to look elsewhere because the quality of writing here is so spectacular. And like Kalon and Loki said, the staff does a great job of dealing with spammers. We have had a couple of instances since I've been here, but they've always been dealt with by the end of the day.

It's always great to have another experienced role-player join our ranks, and I look forward to seeing what insights you can bring to our humble community. Enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 am

Looks at post and promptly goes blind!

Oh noes! Mine eyes! I shall be force to write the rest of my post using my shoddy memory of the home row keys!

Well i hop you aew happu, rhis posr is realku haed to do so it will habw ro ne shoer. I hope upi like or here ar fog. Amd we;cone to thw nords!

(Massive points if you can transcibe it all perfectly!)
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:25 pm

I don't think I got all of it, but here goes nothing, Loki:

Well i hop you aew happu, rhis posr is realku haed to do so it will habw ro ne shoer. I hope upi like or here ar fog. Amd we;cone to thw nords!

Well I hope you are happy, this post is really hard to do so it will have to be short. I hope you like it here at FOG. And welcome to the board!

I'm not sure if that last word is right, there's two possibilities from what I can tell. Either horde(s) or board(s).

-----

Back on topic: Welcome to FOG, Starstruck. Smile
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 pm

You win! I hereby award you 100 Dio points, redeemable nowhere! Have a nice day!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Starstruck Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Cyan seems to work.

Thank you all for your guidance. I'm glad to see this place is so friendly. Last place I tried, they were so violent at my introductory challenge that I got actual hate mail.

I'll look around. Kalon, I'd join but for the fact that I like a bit more creativity, i.e. making up my own race or playing as a totally original one, not a Dragon or an Elf or a Shish Kabob dressed as an angry unicorn. Well...maybe the last one. Maybe.

Loki: I love your signature. That there is GIR's second best moment, the first being the Doom Song sequence. ^_^
Starstruck
Starstruck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Gir's got the moves that drives the ladies wild. Of course I would have to rate the third as...

Sammich!
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 pm

First, hello and welcome to FOG!

I am not as logical in everything I do, but I do agree with being logical in roleplays. Speaking of, FOG does not have problems with spammers or trolls and as far as being advanced goes, you've come to the right place.

I also find that cyan works best when playing with colored fonts on FOG.

There isn't much else for me to add that others haven't, so I'll leave you with welcome, again, and I hope to see you around FOG!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down