FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage

+8
Seer
Kalon Ordona II
Lara
Inerio
Yuina
Kaito
Fate Flyer
Kaitlyn Wild
12 posters

Go down

Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage Empty Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:06 am

Hello all

I am brand new here, but very excited to get started RPing with other experienced, literate writers. I don't really have many preferences, I like to broaden my writing experience by trying new characters. IRL - I am a horse trainer and I compete in Hunter/Jumper. I enjoy writing and hope to have one of my short stories published by the end of the year.

I tend to be rather random at times, I like my fun. Generally I'm in a good mood, but I can't say the same for my characters. As I said, I don't like to stick to one type of RP. The same is true with my characters, I love to experiment with different personalities, cultures, races, etc. Although I do tend to give alot of them those tragic backstories (I'm trying to get away from that though).

Anything else you would like to know, just ask! I look forward to RPing with all of you!
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage Empty Re: Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:10 am

Welcome, Kaitlyn, to FOG! We are delighted to have you. :]

I'm so envious of what you do in real life. Being a horse trainer and also competing would be amazing! That's also terribly exciting that you are working toward getting one of your stories published.

Well, your characters sound like they would be interesting to see inside RPs, and I think it's great that you're so versatile in them and in stories.

I look forward to seeing you around!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage Empty Re: Checking in.... I'd like your best room and a massage

Post by Kaito Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

I'd massage you any day. Smile

Unfortunately you live around the corner of the world so it has to wait.

Welcome aboard, anyways! Enjoy your stay!
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 am

Welcome to FOG. If you're looking for some RP's, there are plenty in the offing right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuina Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 am

Heya! Welcome to the boards. I'm sure you would get a lot of "massage" offers from the others round here. *whistles* anyways, hope you do enjoy your stay.

warm regards,

~Lady Yui~
Yuina
Yuina
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:56 am

YOU CAN'T HAVE THE BEST ROOM DAMMIT! D< AND I'M NOT MASSAGING ANYONE!!! ::throws prima-donna-esque fit::

Oh, I'm just kidding. Okay, so maybe I'm not. I'm not massaging anyone. >/ I just got my nails done. : | Welcome to FOG, you should make sure to have a flashlight on hand at all times. You know, we don't need you bumping into trees and hurting yourself. ::points to bandage on forehead::
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 am

lol Thanks to you all for your warm welcome. I didn't expect such a fast response. I was busy reading Heyseuss's RP. Warning to all, I am a stalker. Often when I'm bored I will just start reading others RPs. Dirty lurker, I know.

Oh and... ::gives Inerio ice pack for head::
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Giggle Hehe, well I don't think that's a bad thing. Wink
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Stalkers are a-plenty here, so no worries on that account.

Welcome to FOG, Kaitlyn! I think it's so awesome that you're a Jumper (and the other stuff, too, but I love watching the horses perform jumps). I'm sure it's a lot of fun. Very Happy

I hope your short story gets published, too! I'm inching my way towards a similar goal, though my target time is certainly nowhere near the end of the year. :p
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Well I actually had a revelation this year. Typically when I wrote it was more along the fantasy line of things. But I participated in a rather interesting writing contest. We had different prompts for each round and one that I received was a detective story. I had never written anything like that so I approached the topic with much trepidation, but in the process I remembered how much I loved detective stories when I was younger.

I started working on a longer story and really suprised myself with the knack that I had for it. I am hammering out the final draft now and will soon be sending it off, so happy thoughts everyone! lol

And yes, jumping is every bit as much fun as it looks. My mother and I own and run a stable and have 18 horses plus 15 boarders horses to care for. Its alot of work and the shows are alot of travel. But I'm doing what I love....kind of wish I had decided on this before six years of college and untold amounts of student loans...but oh well Doh
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Ooh, I love detective stories. You'll have to let us know how that works out, once you've sent it to the publisher! Good luck~.

My friend's like that, with the horses. She's still in high school, so she hasn't had to worry about college yet, but she absolutely loves working with horses. Talks about hers all the time. Personally, I'm lucky that I got to ride one once. Laughing

But hey, that's life for you. Years and years of college + loans, and then you decide that you want to do something completely different. Luckily, I think I'm sticking with my major~.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Kaitlyn Wild wrote:But I'm doing what I love....kind of wish I had decided on this before six years of college and untold amounts of student loans...but oh well Doh

Same boat; I tried to do things the way my father would approve; office job, white collar cubicle hell and so forth. I've only recently declared rebellion against the rat race and am looking into freelance writing to pay the bills. Not that I've given up my day job just yet.

I kind of envy the people who major things they actually practice, but then realize that if I'd majored business, I'd probably have collated one too many stacks of paper on an internship and thrown myself out the window after realizing that stacks of paper would always need collating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:30 pm

I think I just had something to prove. I was the first person in my entire family (brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc on and on) to go to college. I majored in ten million different things (I'm a mass of stored information) and settled on Political Science and International Studies with my emphasis in Chinese (Ni hao!). But in the end, as good as I was with all of that, I'm better with horses. I guess some things are just bred into you. lol But I love it. And I would rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Welcome to the FOG! cheers
Jumping horses does look fun! xD

You said you like experimenting with new cultures in RPs? That's exactly what I have going in Sephiris: The Price of Peace, in the Advanced Role-Play section. It hasn't officially started yet, either, though there's still a lot to read in the OOC. *resists urge to include link*. You're so obviously literate that I'd LOVE to have you join! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Seer Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Hello and welcome to FOG! I love horses. I rode one once, but that's all... Go on jumping! I am sure you'll have fun here and find role plays to join. Looks like you got an offer XD. Good luck on publishing. I am on that rode myself but I had a few set backs. Good luck!
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Seer wrote:Hello and welcome to FOG! I love horses. I rode one once, but that's all... Go on jumping!

I have a toenail that always ingrows now because I was a dumbass and released the horse's foreleg while cleaning the hoof out. Totally my fault, and I still like horses. I'd probably be much better with them now because I'm calmer and know how to talk to animals now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seer Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 pm

You can talk to animals?! Teach me! I would love to learn that bit of trade.
Seer
Seer
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://pathlesstraveled.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Welcome to FOG, Kaitlyn - it's wonderful to have you, and look forward to having you about the place! Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Wave

Flirt Super Hero

Martini Snack

Good Night Stupid Alarm

Cleaning Mowing

Angel

*Translation*

Hello.

We would be happy to give you a massage like a super hero.

Help yourself to any of the drinks or food you can find.

Be sure to get to bed at a reasonable time, so you can get up and enjoy our attractions.

Our staff keeps things nice and tidy around here, please rely on them for your house keeping needs and,

Please be good.

Welcome to the boards.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:58 pm

A massage, huh?

[Grabs his brass knuckles.] Should I start at the neck?

I'm kidding... as far as you know. Welcome to FOG and all that. [Coughs.] Enjoy your stay. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

Ieeee! No brass knuckles! I just have a sore muscle...right here ::points::....a few whacks with the blackjack should do.

Kalon_Ordona_II - I am definitely going to check out the thread tonight. Thank you very much for your invite.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Welcome to FoG, Kaitlyn. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I think horses are beautiful. I have only ever ridden on the backs of two of them. The first one was when I was like... six... and the horses were attached to this pole that they could walk around... sort of like a carousel without the up and down movement... and with real horses. The second one was bareback on a young horse when I was like... eight. He had the leash thingy around his face, and my friend's dad lead him around slowly. It was neat.

I would love to learn how to ride a horse on my own, though.

Good luck with publishing your book. If you succeed, you should let us all know about it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn Wild Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 pm

I'll have to put up pictures at some point of my horses. I'm going to a show soon, I'll have to scan some of the professional pictures I get from that one.
Kaitlyn Wild
Kaitlyn Wild
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:50 pm

There's a thread in the General Conversations forum about pets. You should post them there. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down