FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness

2 posters

Go down

Darkness Empty Darkness

Post by Kiru Naka Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 am

Before we begin...

I'd like to point out that the idea for this RP was entirely Anemones. If you want the honest truth she linked me a video of the coming Alan Wake game and said she wanted to do an RP like that. She thought of the way things will work, not me, I'm simply carrying them out.

Also, I'm never good at these things, I always make people feel awkward or something, so bear with me here!

The Basic Outline:

Imagine: falling asleep and entering a dream in which you're told that if you exit the light in the dream, your life pretty much ends. You need no proof, you can sense the very fibers of your life are in danger, you just can.

You sense change in the darkness, uncertainty, but more importantly, you sense the thing you swore you had a nightmare about two days ago... With a flashlight that somehow appeared in your hand, you aim the beam of life at the area, what you thought you sensed... what you could have sworn you sense instantly disappears.

You shine the light in another area where you swear you saw something, and this time it doesn't vanquish-- quickly you take your light away from it. You could have sworn now that that creature you just saw made an appearance in one of your nightmares. Shining the light back into the area, the monster's gone, in fact, the entire landscape of that area changes, and certainly not for the first time, but definitely now, the question crosses your mind: "What the fuck is going on here?"

What should you do? What's going on here? Are there others? One thing's clear, your ultimate goal should be to survive...

___

The way it was explained to me, in the best words, was the light is your conscience. Light marks the part of the dream you and your comrades are in control of, it marks the part of the dream in which the dream cannot change. In the darkness things change by the second... here's where it gets complicated...

Not only does the level of darkness vary, but some monsters disappear when exposed to the light, while some merely become invisible, while some are completely unaffected.

Also... the monsters, objects, things in the dream, are from your dreams, your comrade's dreams, and the people who have traveled this nightmare before's dreams... Nothing, not even your comrades can be trusted!

_____

She told me to fix it myself essentially ;_; I guess I can't be lazy on this one...

The Character Sheet:

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] -
[b]Age:[/b] -
[b]Gender:[/b] -
[b]Background:[/b] -
[b]Personality:[/b] -
[b]Abilities:[/b] -
[b]Appearance:[/b] -
[i]Please note that any of the following [u]underlined[/u] fields can be skipped, as there are only there to help you lay out the appearance of your character.[/i]
[list]
[u]Height:[/u] -
[u]Weight:[/u] -
[u]Hair:[/u] -
[u]Face:[/u] -
[u]Body:[/u] -
[u]Skintone:[/u] -
[u]Eyes:[/u] -
[u]Clothing/Accessories:[/u] -
[/list]
[b]How Fucked Up Your Mind Is:[/b] -
[b]Notes:[/b] -
Kiru Naka
Kiru Naka
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Darkness Empty Re: Darkness

Post by Anemone Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am

For the record, this IS open... and this is still taking ideas....

We want it to be very Psych-Horror, and not in the overuse of guts way. Doors locking, hallways changing, stuff like that
Anemone
Anemone
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 am

I like your idea here Very Happy I think you can count me in. I will cook up a character tomorrow.

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiru Naka Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 am

I'm gonna be myself here, simply because of the fact that this is the same sick mind that thought of the Rebel Forces Initiation Process... *cringes* pain training... Yeah... I'm not even gonna begin to explain it.

Name: - Ryan Otnes
Background: -
It's short thanks to the fact that I still don't feel like getting too personal with my past-- even though compared to another person's past, it's not nearly as unsharable.

Ryan grew up a fairly normal kid... well, as normal as a kid can get with literally no fuse until about the age of 12. By the age of 14, he began to get into writing, and loan-behold, the sick ideas flowed out. Recently though, he has gotten better, and sicker, with his writing. Granted with the improved writing skill came greatly improved maturity, on days like even today, he manages to write about sick, twisted things, and dream about things even worse.
Personality: - There are a few things that set Ryan off into a fiery rage to literally rip things apart, metaphorically and physically... but most things don't bother him at all.

He is rather romantic as of late, well, extremely romantic, to one person. This is odd, because it contrasts with his dark, untrusting and therefore self contained personality. To almost all but that person he is extremely cautious, and tries to avoid communication. Though, when forced into it, even lightly, he's smart enough to at least say "Hi" and attempt to get a conversation going. Unfortunately, he does take things personally, which will lead to usually a threatening look on his face when eyes pry to see behind his shell...

He has been referred to as the softie with the nice, crunchy shell... which only few people get to see shattered.

Lastly, he will respond to aggression... with greater aggression, 99% of the time.
Abilities: -
Berserk: Thanks to the Norwegian blood, Ryan, when he gets mad literally feels no pain (rather blatantly ignores it indiscriminately) and gains special-ed-person-wearing-football-helmet strength.

Physique at the Cost of Stamina: Ryan can do 40 pushups on one end, and 80 in one sitting, but he's out of commission after that. Likewise, he can hit really hard until he tires himself out.
Appearance: -

Height: - ~5'5"
    Weight: - 115
    Hair: - Blond hair in a surfer esque haircut (used to be in the Amish Rocker style.)
    Face: - No visible scars, think eyebrows, somewhat squarish shape (chin's still beveled mind you!) and has minor acne on his forehead.
    Body: - Thin, built arms and legs, somewhat build core. Looks lean, and looks like he can run more than a mile (he can't!)
    Skintone: - Light Caucasian
    Eyes: - Blue with a thin white ring near the center of the iris'
    Clothing/Accessories: - Black T-shirt with a small "CCC Welding," flame esque logo on the front, and a large "Clackamas" logo in a diamond plate esque style on the back, blue Levis jeans, and, if it matters, worn black and white sneakers.

How Fucked Up Your Mind Is: - Very, very, very, very, very very very very fucked up.
Notes: - This is me, like me, hate me, I don't care... okay fine I do, but if you hate me, well that just sucks.
Kiru Naka
Kiru Naka
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down