FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oekaki

3 posters

Go down

Oekaki Empty Oekaki

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:30 am

I'm not really sure where to put this. I figured, since it has to do with the Oekaki, it counts as feedback. Anyway, here goes.

Basically I was experimenting with the oekaki for a while, and I eventually turned out a passable work of art. Problem was, when I went to save it, it said something like the data wasn't transferred, or something to the effect of an error. It seemed to be connected with Java somehow.

I was just wondering if it was just me, or if it's a problem with the oekaki. Obviously the former is more likely, but you never know.

Also, I'd like to know what steps I might take to prevent this in the future. It won't be any fun using the oekaki if I'm afraid I won't be able to save anything. Smile

Aaaand, one last thing. I did manage to rescue my doodling from annihilation, using the "print screen" feature. Very handy, that. Anyway, since this didn't get saved in the oekaki section, I kinda wanted people to see it somewhere, and I'd rather not make a whole other topic for it. (Advice would be welcome, since I feel a little weird posting it here like this. =) )
At any rate, here 'tis.

I call it: Mystic Lights
Oekaki Mystic10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Oekaki Empty Re: Oekaki

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm sorry that that happened to you, Kalon. I do believe actually that at least someone else had a similar issue. I'm going to try researching it, and I will also consult onenitedrive (the more technical of the two of us) once he's home. Hopefully, we will be able to figure out what the problem is. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and did you perhaps try saving it as anything different? I mean, when you were finished, did you try saving it as a PNG and a JPG and/or AUTO? I can't remember what I saved mine as, but I believe it was just the AUTO option.

Lovely drawing too, by the way! Your evergreens have so much detail in them. I also *really* love how the closest one is somewhat out of focus. That was really a cool idea. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Hee, thank you. ^_^

Yes, I tried saving in each of the three categories, several times, and several different ways--like messing with the amount of quality.
What happens when everything works smoothly? Does it take you to back to the start page where all the other pictures are?

I'm trying to remember the exact wording of the error message.
It was definitely something about an incomplete transfer of data, maybe "data transfer incomplete" or something, though I don't think that's exactly right... and it said Java somewhere at the bottom. Maybe it was 'Java applet window.'
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Well, I asked onenitedrive, and he really wasn't sure, so I'm looking into it myself.

Yeah, if everything goes right, it should just take you back to the main oekaki page, but have your new submission there.

Thanks for trying to recall the error message. That actually helped. I'm looking up on Google that error right now.

Apparently, that exact same thing happened to someone else:
I used to LOVE oekaki. I used to draw on oekaki boards all the time.

Tonight, I found out why I lost enthusuasm for it and haven't been into oekaki for about a year.

"SAVE ERROR Data Transfer Error."

Every frickin' time, JPG, PNG, Auto.... after messing with my Java settings to try to figure things out... after making sure my pop up blocker was off...

It's not just an error with Firefox. I'm using Internet Explorer right now.

Here is a question and answer I found:

Shown below are most recent questions picked up from the oekaki FAQ board.

Q: The drawing window doesn't work.
A: Try a proper version of JAVA.

Q: It freezed up after I clicked the save button.
A: Some security softwares and pop-up blockers conflict with the OK BBS.

Q: A transfer error occurred after clicking the save button.
A: It could be a) the internet connection error. b) the oekaki BBS server error.

Q: The drawing was successfully saved but not appeared.
A: Clear the browser's cache and reload the board.

That's all I can seem to find on this. It sounds like it might actually be the oekaki server, which belongs to OekakiBBS.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 am

You can just put something like this in a new thread in the art section. Fate did that when she drew her Avatar Aang and Momo picture. I don't see a problem with doing the same thing with oekaki drawings.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down