FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will of the Heart

+3
Gat
Hope
Renji
7 posters

Go down

Will of the Heart Empty Will of the Heart

Post by Renji Sat May 23, 2009 5:49 pm

*Hits the restart button* Third time lucky!

Will of the Heart

An initial note: Due to the image restraints please, please, please click the links to see the maps. Thanks guys!

Will of the heart.

Aeons have passed since the desert world of Animus was terraformed in the age known as The Great Sin. The world, which was riddled with sand pirates, a mighty arena and all sorts of outlaws existed for one purpose, to be fought on. One day though, without warning, a force erupted from within the planet, spilling massive amounts of a strange new energy, along with 8 sentient beings. These beings harnessed the energy and drew on it to begin changing how the planet looked. Water became abundant, desert turned to grass land, great mountain ranges began to form and all host of other changes began to take place. There were those who embraced these new sentient beings, but the majority of the outlaws and pirates decided that this wasn’t what they wanted and began to rebel against the beings. This however led to the pirate and outlaw’s down fall. The supporters of the beings took to arms and defended the beings, temples were built and the rebels deemed blasphemous traitors and systematically slain. The rebels out numbered the believers a good 100:1 and eventually a great war began around the area of the arena. When all hope was lost with the believers and the pirates seeming to have the upper hand, a strange thing happened. A hero emerged on the side of the believers. He wasn’t just a brilliant fighter, he was also deemed blessed by the entities as he too could manipulate the new energy and use it as a weapon against the pirates. Soon, more and more people began appearing with these new “powers” and were lead to victory by this hero. Once the blood bath had ended the entities resided in their temples, continuing their terraforming of the planet, and blessing the believers with the knowledge required to advance their peaceful technologies.

This story is set 200 years after the events of The Great Sin, the arena is nothing more than ruins now, and the entities nothing more than legends.

It is now a world that is a mixture of advanced transport and medieval weapons. Such as there are no guns here, just bladed weapons and projectile weapons but transport is advanced beyond anyone’s imagination.An ancient force known ad spirit energy has governed the world since the beginning of time.

'Kai', a typical 19 year old teenager, is always at the centre of his group of friends, to the rest he is like a leader, a best friend and anything else they could ever need. But then one day 'Kai' is killed under mysterious circumstances. Unknown to anyone else, 'Kai's' spirit energy had been huge. After his death his friends begin to gain strange new abilities that seem linked to 'Kai' and his spirit energy.

Each of Kai’s friends gains their own unique powers and 'Kai's' "ghost" follows the party around, but they can't see him. He is the cause and control of their powers. If he disappears, then everyone will lose control of their powers, and their minds.

The group of friends set out on a journey to try and bring their friend back to the land of the living, to do so they must enlist the help of other powerful spirits called the Valeron. Each Valeron possess tremendous power, but it comes at a cost. To be commanded a mortal must bond their spirit with the Valeron. If the Valeron dies, so does the user, and vice-versa. And due to the limits of the human body not all the power of the Valeron can be released. There are said to be only 8 Valeron, but rumour has it that many more secret ones exist. Each Valeron possess a unique ability. They are found in temples that are spread across Useli. They see everything that happens in the world, and will remain neutral until they are called upon.

Akara – Female – Spirit of Fire

Lynessa – Female – Spirit of Healing

Raith – Female – Spirit of Light

Zynoa – Female – Spirit of Ice

Drakone – Male – Spirit of Darkness

Faowind – Male – Spirit of Pain

Medarin – Male – Spirit of Wind

Ryodan – Male – Spirit of Lightning

Any human can bond with any Valeron, but it is at the Valeron’s discretion as to whether they bond or not, they will evaluate the humans pro’s and con’s before committing themselves. Once bonded the human will either obtain a new power, or augment their own powers with those of the Valeron. The Valeron can also withdraw from the human at any time if they feel they are being put at unnecessary risk, or if they find the humans heart to be dark and impure.

There are those who seek to harness the Spirit energy of the planet for personal gain. In the beginning this seemed harmless, but soon that all changed. With the draw of power, an ancient void was ripped asunder spilling all manner of creatures onto the planet. Beings who existence was unknown, lost in the writings of old. A great war began with the people of Useli fighting to defend their planet, since that day every man woman and child has carried a weapon in fear of confronting one of the creatures. The war, which is still being fought, is now over 200 years old. Useli’s weapons have advanced, but the creatures have evolved to over come this advancement. Spirit weapons are few and far between these days, only given to those deemed with a high enough spirit energy to use it. ‘Kai’ strangely enough was one of these few, that was until he died.

Maps:

The following map indicates temple locations, and cities. Cities are marked with the red dots, the size representing the relevant city size.

https://2img.net/h/i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/MishraArtificer/Map1.jpg

Place names and descriptions going around from the top left going clockwise.

1. Gauyang (gow-yahng) Snow covered mountain, abandoned city with temple
Spirit: Medarin – Male – Spirit of Wind

2. Qaranqul (care-un-cool) Grass land with a temple
Spirit: Lynessa – Female – Spirit of Healing

3. Ahnkur (An-ker) Barren desert, abandoned city with temple
Spirit: Faowind – Male – Spirit of Pain

4. Lassithi (lah-sith-ee) Raised plateau, surrounded by forest, with a temple in the
centre. (I had to rotate the picture 90 degrees to get it to fit ¬¬)
Spirit: Akara – Female – Spirit of Fire

5. Rioloja (ree-oh-loh-ha) Tropical Island, dense jungle hiding a temple.
Spirit: Ryodan – Male – Spirit of Lightning

6. Malea (mah-lay-uh) Dense tropical rain forest concealing a natural temple.
Spirit: Raith – Female – Spirit of Light

7. Kahaluu (kah-hah-loo) Cliff lined shoreline covered in forest, temple set back into the cliff.
Spirit: Drakone – Male – Spirit of Darkness

8. Vlashivinsk (vlah-shih-ving-sk) Arctic tundra, temple made of Ice.
Spirit: Zynoa – Female – Spirit of Ice

City names will follow, along with a picture of the capital city.

City names:

Serdan
Divora - Capital/current location in prelude
Sarway
Oligar
Palasaid
Theriot
Raya
Raynspan
Rayden
Vorlis
Cartel
Aldera
https://2img.net/h/i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/MishraArtificer/citylocationsnames.jpg

The rp will be split into 3 chapters and a prelude.

The Prelude – Kai’s death <-- All lack your powers here

Chapter 1 – The journey begins <--This is where your powers begin to develop

Chapter 2 – A twist of fate

Chapter 3 – The end of days?

Here is the character sheet.

Name:
History:
Abilities: (Limited to a maximum of two, only one elemental ability)
Weapons: (1 ranged and 1 melee, or 2 ranged, or 2 melee)
Other items you own:
Personality:
Appearance:

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to PM me and ask. Once we have enough people we will begin.

On a side note something that cropped up in casual; you carry your weapon at all times, and you know how to use it. Got any queries just PM me

The three post rule: You can only post once three people have posted since your last post.

Name: Kaithis ‘Kai’ Zyten
Sex: Male
History: Unknown (for now)
Abilities: Can harness other peoples Spirit energy to amplify his weapons.
Weapons: Seele Schneiders Special Spirit cutting swords that double as arrows.
Other items you own: N/A
Personality: He is a good student and is sometimes seen as the slightly awkward nerdy type. He obtains excellent grades, coming in first place in exams. Kai is generally shy and quiet, but tries harder to act cool when other people are around, such as wearing clothes he likes When it comes down to it, he will fight to the bitter end, ensuring the safety of his friends and family
Appearance:
Will of the Heart Kai

This will be open to all but once I have enough players it will be closed.
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Will of the Heart Empty Re: Will of the Heart

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I'd realllllllllllllllllllllllly like to join if that's ok. This sounds amazinglyyyyyy fun!!

I'd like to pick up Lynessa if that's ok as well.

I'll set up a profile in a bit after you approve you don't mind me joining. ^^
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Sat May 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Hmm maybe I did explain this well enough so here goes:

1) No one picks a Valeron, you create your character who is in some way linked to Kai.

2) You chose what power you will develop

3) During the rp your party will quest about trying to find a way to bring Kai back.

4) Along the way you will stumble across the temples and the Valeron can pick who it bonds with.

Sorry if I seem patronising or what ever, I had this issue last time, guess I just can't explain it very well.
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Sat May 23, 2009 7:25 pm

OH OH OH! I get it..

Oops. :: is embarrassed :: Sorry.

Well I still want to join....is that ok?
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 am

Sure ^^
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gat Sun May 24, 2009 11:13 am

Mind if I drop in on this again Renji, despite it not getting far at all I quite enjoyed it the last time around.
Gat
Gat
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Sun May 24, 2009 11:38 am

Go for it Gat
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gat Sun May 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Hear we go then. I thought about scrapping Shiel and creating a fresh character, but why do that when iv already got her character established in my mind.

Shiel Zyten
22 Female

History: Grew up very close to her brother Kai, for the most part they share the same circle of friends and have known them all for about the same length of time. When they were younger, Shiel had taken the lead almost as much as Kai, though in recent years she has been deferring to him more often than not despite being the elder sibling. Unlike her brother Shiel has never been tested for high spirit power, she has never shown anything out of the ordinary in that regard either so no one really thinks about.
Abilities: 6th sense (Speaking with and seeing ghosts and other spirits, flashes of precognition at rare times), telepathy.
Weapons: Warrior beads bracelet. (RE: Elecktra Movie without the magic crap) Rests wrapped around left wrist when not in use.
Other Items: Antique pocket watch with Kai's and her name engraved on the back, it was a present from Kai on her 15th birthday.
Personality: Can get very sentimental at times though not in the down and depressed manner. Generally an open and caring person and always ready to laugh at a joke, her emotions can run away with her in some situations however. Woe behold any who hurts her friends however... woman's wrath and all.
Appearance: Standing around 5'6" with a trim build Shiel has dark blonde hair with silver highlights streaked through it. Her eyes are a strong sky blue and cut sharply into the profile of her face which looks otherwise soft. Usual attire is a short sleeved shirt and cargo pants. Her shoes are the less common form fitting kind designed for grip during sports. The chain of the pocket watch attaches to her right hip and trails into the nearest pocket.
Gat
Gat
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

This does look interesting, mind if I join in on this? But first I would like some clarification, was the whole deal with Kai 200 years ago (we must be pretty old though)? Or did he die recently? And if so, do we know how?
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 am

Ok so another thing I didn't explain very well.

"The Great Sin" was 200 years ago. An event that shaped the world to what it is today.

Kai is 19 as of today.

The story will begin with his death. And nothing can be done to prevent it.

Kai is one of the few people on the planet able to interact with the forces that govern it. He dies, your characters start gaining powers.

Its going to play out much like a FF game.
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowPhoenix0307 Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Name: Abigale O'Shea
Sex: Female
History: Since birth, Abigale and Kai grew up together. Helping each other every step of the way. Always working to find mischief, then saving the other from blame if they were caught. Best friends to the point of brother and sister relationship. Minds always in sync with the other. When it came to leadership, Abigale didn't often disagree with Kai, but when she did she voiced it. As they grew older, their bond never faded even if their training and studies limited their time together. They still were always there.
Abilities: Abigale can create and control fire. It cannot burn her or anything she chooses not to burn. When it comes to control, the smaller the fire, the easier to control. Also, the stronger one emotion is, the more powerful her fire becomes.
Weapons: At all times, Abigale has her set of silver dual blades on her back. Each blade is 2'4" from point to hilt. The blade is very narrow and very light, easy to wield one-handed.
Other items you own:A leather pack that Abigale nearly always carries on her. What's kept inside varies to food, herbs, coins, cloak or random tools. As stated, it varies from day to day depending upon what she's doing.
Personality:Abigale is a very outspoken and generally happy girl. She's not afraid to voice her opinion or to back up what she believes in. When in an argument and she is proven wrong, she is big enough to admit to defeat. Though when it comes to a dual, even if she knows she's out-matched, she'll give it her all. Patient and difficult to anger, Abigale is a great person to talk to for help or just to talk to. Just as long as you can handle her being blunt. Finally, patient as she is, there is a limit and once it's reached, pray it wasn't you who upset her.
Appearance:Will of the Heart 1174237826_elementalanime
Height: 5'8".
Eyes: Gold.
Hair: Light Brown, when down falls to just under her shoulder blades.
ShadowPhoenix0307
ShadowPhoenix0307
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncommoner Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm in if there's slots still. The chance to meet a few ultra-powerful beings and coerce them into sharing a little bit of that fire? Mmmm, sounds like fun. Lemme whip something up if you're still accepting apps, Renji.
Uncommoner
Uncommoner
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 am

Renji if your still up for doing this, I'm happy to join.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Renji Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:59 am

Jump on in.

NOTE: YOu dont get your powers till Kai dies, to those of you who are new.

ALSO: You carry weapons at all times.

AND: Occasionally I will do time jumps, and scenes where you can't control what happens, like Kai's death.
Renji
Renji
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:01 am

My old character ok to use?

If so here he is!

Name: Takehiko Ken'ichi
Sex: male
History: Take was always a good kid, some may say too good. He kept on the straight road, and got along with everyone, including Kai. He always had respect and love for his friends and family. This always included his country. After years of watching propaganda for the army, he could not help but believe he could make a difference for everyone by joining.

He even joined early at the young age of 16; he lied about his age. The army wasn’t about to turn away a new solider and allowed him in. He became an on field medic, providing fire support and treating wounds in the middle of battle. But after the loss of friends and the horror of war, Take left the service. Now, he’s coming home….

Abilities: Lightning strike, curaga
Weapons: Officers sword
Personality: Though he has many of the memories of war fresh in his mind he still keeps a great sense of humor and is warm and welcoming.
Appearance: Will of the Heart Soldier_guy_by_tobiee
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncommoner Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 pm

Name: Malik Morse

Sex: Male

History: Malik always seemed so utterly average in everything that he did. School and studies were done well and on-time without any sign of academic flair, and Mal's focus on physical activities soon afterwards helped ease him into the 'brawn over brains' category he was stereotyped into. It didn't matter, the young kid had his group of friends to help see him through the day. The close knit circle of companions always seemed more comfortable than home and family itself, and Mal saw it as his duty to protect them all from whatever came up to antagonize them all.

Abilities: Telepathy- Malik has always been good at reading people, at getting inside their heads and guessing just what makes them tick. It always seemed instinctive, and Mal never questioned his ability to just -know- things from his gut.

Weapons: Two hooked and double-headed hatchets. Both are small enough to be wielded in one hand each, and they can be thrown with alarming accuracy for a good twenty five feet or so. Heavy and sharp, Mal has had them for years and keeps them honed and toned to bite into and bash through almost anything that has won his wrath.

Other items you own: His ever-faithful companion and friend, his guitar. The ancient wooden instrument certainly looks well-worn, but Mal's constant attention ensures that it will never decay while under his care.

Personality: A raging spitfire if there ever was one. Quick to anger and even quicker to insult, Mal's protective instincts extend to those he considers to be his family. Impulsive and brash, this comes from Mal's knack for reading people right the first time around; it's easy to leap at someone before you look when something in your head is telling you exactly every insult and judgement that is silently being passed by them. As thoughtless and brash as he can be, Mal is easily able to defer to the cooler heads of his friends if they manage to break him from his blood-boiling rage. Surprisingly enough, Malik is otherwise likable through the sheer saving grace of his natural instinct to protect those who are weaker than he. This extends into an amiable enough nature that adapts well to most social situations, as long as there's someone familiar present to help him cool his jets.

Appearance: Standing at 6'1'' and weighing in at almost two hundred pounds, Mal is built like a tank and definitely looks the part. While not a walking mass of pure muscle, the kid's got some definite solid bulk about his broad shoulders, strong back, and long arms. His plain brown hair is worn shaved short to his skull. Loose breeches and a sleeveless vest is his usual attire, with heavy and thick boots tied tight up his shins.
Uncommoner
Uncommoner
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gat Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:20 pm

It's ALIVE!

Well sorta :p Glad I checked back in after a few weeks now.
Gat
Gat
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down