FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis

4 posters

Go down

Genesis Empty Genesis

Post by Loki Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

In-Character

In an empty universe it is up to supreme beings in the forms of gods and demi-gods to shape reality and existence to their will. These beings that have the ability to create something from nothingness, the ability to tie realms, to alter existence and what lies beyond. However, these creators are not immune to their base desires. Lust, greed, envy, wrath, pride, sloth, gluttony; all vices that have the potential to bring conflict and destruction to what is created. Perhaps it is more than that; not every god is bound to the desire to create and will base their existence on theft and destruction. Good and Bad are all relative in this universe, there is only actions based on what each believes is best of existence as a whole, or perhaps it is that very existence they wish to destroy. This reality is but a blank canvas for the artists to contribute their own perspective of utopia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How To Play:

1) This is open enrollment and anybody can join and leave as they so desire. Players are automatically accepted with the submission of a character sheet. (Please PM me or post a link to the post containing your CS.)

2) Each player may only have one active deity at a time. Should they find themselves wanting to make another one, they must first retire the original and their new one can either come into existence independently or as a spawn of the original. I will be keeping a list of all active and inactive Gods with corresponding players, just for the sake of keeping things clear and organized.

3) Each player only gets one action of creation per post. With this action, the deity can create whatever they desire, but understand that certain things require prerequisites. For example, if one wanted to create trees, it could not be done without the soil in which they can bury their roots, the air they need to breathe, or the sun they need to survive. Please make sure to highlight your creation somewhere in your post to make sure it is clear for the other players.

4) We start from square one. At the beginning of this RP, there is literally nothing in the universe but endless darkness. No life, not afterlife, no matter, etc. Nothing. It is the goal of the players to create whatever they want, but again, it must be done in phases. Naturally, the actions in the beginning of the RP are going to be epic in the sense that they will be performing massive feats to fill the void. For example: scattering stars across the endless abyss, which in turn creates light and heat; although there were technically three things created in that one turn, two were simply a byproduct of the one, so it is allowed. As the game progresses, these powers will be scaled down and hopefully the more powerful beings will also retire, returning their energy to the universe and perhaps spawning a smaller entity from themselves.

Things to consider:
- You may create a creature, but can it really live without the spark of life/a spirit?
-Is life everlasting or is there mortality, if there is the latter, what happens upon death (of course death must first be created).
-One may have created matter, then another may have taken said matter and formed it into planets, but can things really stay on the planet if gravity was never created?
Again, we start with nothing, getting close to the point where life is sustainable is bound to be a long process, so don’t rush it.

Conflict
A conflict is initiated when one player wants to change something that has been created by another god. Since it is going against something that another diety formed, it isn't so simple as a simple creation or destruction post. For example, suppose God A opposes or desires something created by God B, there is a process that must be followed.

Step 1) God A must announce in his post with a Conflict: [Player conflicting with] tag at the beginning of the post so that we all understand that something is happening between two parties and to notify the other player involved that they have been challenged.

Step 2) God A posts normally as to their intentions as to how they will achieve their goal and why.

Step 3) God B has two options once God A has finished their post. They can either a) Allow God A to perform their plan without incident and have their way, or b) Resist God A’s actions and come to a neutral point according to God B’s desire which itself has the potential for creation. Note that either way the targeted creation must be changed unless God A decides to withdrawl their challenge.

A brief example: (This is lacking a lot of the detail just so that I can convey the overall point)

God A’s Post:
Otherius looked with envy upon Therius’ forge hammer that he used to create master works of metal. Wanting it for himself, Otherius intended to sneak into Therius’s forge located deep within the mountain and steal it for himself while Therius would sleep. That next night, just as planned, Otherius crept his way into Therius’ home and found his hammer resting on the anvil where all of the works were created. As silently as he could, Otherius crept past the bed where Therius slept and retrieved the hammer and admired its power.

God B’s Post: (opposing the theft.)
The hammer recognized that it was now in the hands of one that was not its master. With a loud hum, it called out to Therius, who woke from his slumber upon hearing the cries. Both deities fought desperately for control of the magic device, wanting it for their own. Then with one mighty tug, Therius ripped it from Otherius’ grasp, but the extra momentum caused it to leave his own grip. The hammer flew across the room and landed with a great force on the floor, cracking the very base of the foundation. This crack traveled all the way to the core of the planet, creating a fault through which the molten hot magma could be released. The pressurized molten rock traveled with great velocity up through the crevice until it finally exploded upward through the mountain’s peek, sending rock, fire, and ash into the atmosphere; thus creating the first Volcano. Although the two immortals were unharmed by the planet's fury, the hammer was lost deep in the core of the planet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheet: (Please provide me a link to the post containing character’s profile to make it easier for me to make the players list.)
Code:

[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Gender: [/b] (Male, Female, None)
[b]Appearance: [/b] (Optional, they need not actually exist in the physical realm, but it would be nice if it is possible.)
[b]Origin: [/b] (Can either be the essence that resulted from something a previous god created, a fragment or essence of another deity, or some other method that follows those lines.  If none of these categories apply, then you are to put "Opifax" since you will be a product of his essence.)
[b]Essence: [/b](Your deity’s composition or purpose of existence that will help guide their actions.  I.e. Death, life, light, afterlife, cosmos, etc.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entities
Opifax – Loki (Retired)
Srada - Deadliest Vic
Wyrk - Kaito
Demi - Loki
Noros - Kesteven

Last edited by Loki on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Genesis Empty Re: Genesis

Post by Resurrection Vic Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Name: Srada
Appearance: a light blue, blanketing essence
Origin: Opifax
Essence: the blood of life, Srada enjoys meandering like the waters he may one day create and compile

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:43 am

Character: Wyrk
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am

Lol.
Yeah, go ahead and put energy into a rock so it emits energy which you can enjoy, because there's so much nothingness elsewhere. Razz

So basically we made rock, I scattered it, and you guys went ahead to make even bigger rocks and make another rock dissipate to energy, again, from which we made it..
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am

Pssh, don't be hatin' my friend I'm only a single post away from making liquid and gas. Then it just grows from there. *plots*
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Name: Noros
Appearance: Noros can be seen in areas of negative space, such as the blackness of the sky and the space between leaves or fingers, at least for those that seek him.
Origin: Opifax
Essence: Absence and Possibility
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a day or so...I'm just at a blcok, not sure where to go from where we've been.

It is too early to make a simple planet or star, right?

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am

We've got the basics covered pretty much, go ahead and see what you can come up with.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 am

Okay...I will...

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Loki, sorry for doing that, I didn't realize what I had done until you reacted.

Forgive me?

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Um....triple post...well then...

Mrunha
female
derived from Srada
yearns for life with free will

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 am

Heh, I think we have a pretty good cosmology going, now. Demi became the stars, Noros dissolved into the space between them, Srada created a star, which now mixed with his essence has the potential to support life, and Wyrk's experimenting on a rock, which I'm kind of hoping will yield a second race of sentients or demons, because that would be cool.

I'm not sure what to be next though, it's a bit early for the traditional pantheistic deities. Maybe a sky or earth god if that's OK with you, Vic? I take one, you take the other?
Kesteven
Kesteven
Shadow
Shadow

http://www.dissoluteproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 pm

It's okay with me Smile Mrunha's already turning into a bit of a sky demon. I'm still working on how she'll complete her masterpiece in the gases above the planet she's on.

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kesteven Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

In that case...

Name: Baratan
Origin: Srada
Essence: Earth
Kesteven