FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distant Journey OOC (Update)

5 posters

Go down

Distant Journey OOC (Update) Empty Distant Journey OOC (Update)

Post by Arthmael Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:15 am

This is an RP that I'm bringing to this forum that I started on R.P.G. (might change the title later if anything). It was a free form RP; just to write what comes to mind. Yet it had a flaw as it had died over there, but I'm not going to let it die out completely( like I've done with a few others in the past).

The plot within the story was-that the characters would be the one's to search for something. What they are looking for is hidden treasure; that not many would know about. Most of those who read tales, and stories about it would either believe, or treat it like it's a myth. Only a few of the majority would actually believe that it's real, they will want to search for it, or just dream of looking for it. It's not going to be one of those "I know where the treasure is" and they find it; no. They will have to fight through obstacles to search for this treasure, because they won't be the only one's looking for it either. Nobody will know exactly where it is, they will have to search for missing pieces to the puzzle in order to progress.

It's about teaming up with others, while trying to accomplish tasks, as well as fighting off baddies that get in the way. Something fun-I didn't see it as something too 'serious' since I don't want people to feel pressured like it's a chore.

As for the treasure? It belongs to an ancient race from many eons in the past. This treasure is worth a lifetime of wealth, but there is also a drawback. With this treasure, it can bring positive and negative results. What the treasure is? No one knows exactly, it's either jewels, gems, gold, a weapon, or both. All there is to know is that this treasure was given to this race by the gods themselves, so it could be anything.

I welcome anyone who is will to take part, I just ask that everyone to be patient with others and have fun. This RP was classified as casual originally, but since it's more story based, I brought it here.

Meh...it's 4:15am...and I just woke up an hour ago, yet I managed to write this. I just had the urge to write something, so I won't complaining =P.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-Synopsis-

The story is going to be a bout a small group of people banding together in order to find some hidden treasure. This treasure won't be easy to find, as they are not the only ones looking for it as well. During their journey, they will be put to the test by having to go through obstacles to get there, and perhaps on how loyal they are to one another.

---------------

|Character BIO|
Code:

[Post image of character]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sex:[/b]

[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b] (ex. Human, Elf, etc)

[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Hair:[/b]

[b]Skin:[/b]

[b]Body Type: [/b]

[i][b]Distinctive Markings:[/b][/i] (Optional: If your character has any)

[i][b]Blood Type:[/b][/i] (Optional)
-----------------------------------------
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Favorite Food:[/b]

[b]Special Abilities (If any):[/b]

[b]Location/Place of origin (Describe in long or short detail):[/b]

[b]Family (If any list them or put none):[b]

[b]Background/History of character:[/b] (Short or long, you may update later on if you need to)

[b]Dreams:[/b] (What are your character's hopes and dreams?)

When you are done, please post them in the [Profile Vault], and if you have any questions PM me, or post them here in this thread. That thread is only for profiles of characters, so it can help keep things organized.

Last edited by Arthmael on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Distant Journey OOC (Update) Empty Re: Distant Journey OOC (Update)

Post by Skittle_Overlord Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 pm

This seems a bit pirate-y, would the characters be human?
Skittle_Overlord
Skittle_Overlord
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 am

I'm definitely interested. Now more of a guide line would be nice, like time frame, where it takes place Earth or other world, what kind of races there are and what the legend is.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthmael Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Wow...it was just two months ago when I posted this...

Well, since you both are interested I'll bring this idea back to life-I had erased some thought of it since I had waited for a response-got nothing, then left after awhile.

Anyway, the response to your question The Literate Angel; I figured with the races it will be up to the person on what they wanted to be. Like; Elf, Feral, Alien, etc. I don't want anyone to feel they have to-when they choose a race-be a specific one. You could mix and match and create one, it's all about trying to be original.

As for the time frame; the setting for it is a thousand years into the future and you have a mix of the old and new. Basically like a steampunk era. There are towns and cities, the buildings will have a modern and old look to it, people are dressed like they use to be back in the 1900s, but with a twist of modern. But here's the thing, anything in our history doesn't exist in their world. So don't go mixing our reality into it, it's all original =P.

The legend has a name; they call it in Latin 'The Sanctus Unus' which translates into 'The Sacred One', because it was said that when the gods had given the beings this object for them to watch over it. It was said that the object contained immense power of the gods-though the history is very vague on what the power was, and what it's capable of, so it's something someone would have to find out upon finding it.
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:18 am

I like it. So basically it is a fairly open idea role play but the goal is to get the treasure. I think you should roll with this. I would love to join. Are you going to put up a character sheet or do we make our own?
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 am

I'd join, if I only didn't go on a holiday next week, for two weeks. So if it's here in three weeks, I'm in. Wink
Anyway, it seems like a cool story, but it needs more setting. What kind of crafts are available? Space 'ships', modern pirate ships or oldschool pirate ships? Or a mix between them?
Seccondly, how did aliens get there, if there is only modern pirate ships or oldschool pirate ships? Will it be like Disney's Treasure Island, or will it be just on earth?

Then, will there be supernatural pirate superstition in as well? (Kraken, Davy Jones, etc...

Oh, and Talk Like a Pirate Day is in only two days! Arr, me hearties!
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthmael Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Fluesopp wrote:I'd join, if I only didn't go on a holiday next week, for two weeks. So if it's here in three weeks, I'm in. Wink
Anyway, it seems like a cool story, but it needs more setting. What kind of crafts are available? Space 'ships', modern pirate ships or oldschool pirate ships? Or a mix between them?
Seccondly, how did aliens get there, if there is only modern pirate ships or oldschool pirate ships? Will it be like Disney's Treasure Island, or will it be just on earth?

Then, will there be supernatural pirate superstition in as well? (Kraken, Davy Jones, etc...

Oh, and Talk Like a Pirate Day is in only two days! Arr, me hearties!

You got one thing correct, it's based off of a little bit of Treasure Planet...but this world is so vast it's actually inspired mostly from Hayao Miyazaki (I love his movies). So you can say it's a compilation of both worlds.

And when I mentioned Steampunk, it is a reference to old and new. So there can be a a mix of those things, and as for the Alien's and other creatures within the fantasy realm-they have been living with the humans for many years, when it all began with the beings from long ago. To put it simply; they pretty much paved away for all the other aliens to come from other worlds.

I will try to get things started this weekend, I have a lot of plans while I'm on vacation-and promises to fulfill.
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinity Veritas Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 pm

This seems really interesting! I'd like to join.
Trinity Veritas
Trinity Veritas
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:59 pm

I love Hayao Miyazaki's work. I have almost all of the movies he has made. :3 Which one are you basing this off of? Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle? Or just a compilation of them all.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthmael Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:30 am

The Literate Angel wrote:I love Hayao Miyazaki's work. I have almost all of the movies he has made. :3 Which one are you basing this off of? Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle? Or just a compilation of them all.

It's a compilation of certain one's, Castle in the Sky is one of them, then there is Nausicaa of Wind Valley, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. But like I said I only got inspirations from the worlds and the styles, the whole treasure hunting was the 'pirate' side of me kicking in Razz .

Now at this point I think a group this number is good enough, I don't want to invite anyone else at the moment, because having too much of a large group can create confusion. Perhaps at a later date.

If you're still stuck on a general idea, think of it like an action adventure RPG. Most of all just don't worry too much on how you have to do things, try to go with the flow. If you do have questions, feel free to ask away-And I am working on getting the character sheet up so we can get started.

Sorry if it's been slow, but again I'm on vacation and had made plans long ago assuming this thread had died; no it's not a burden, I'm actually surprised and quite pleased anyone of you were interested so I'll keep that promise =).
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:22 pm

It's alright. It's your vacation so you should be relaxing. And I'm glad that your still willing to go ahead with this role play. I'm very excited for it. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthmael Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Well tie me to a tree and stone me with acorns....I feel terrible for it taking this long, even though I couldn't help it. Bah...this sucks, and I was hoping to start it soon when I had the chance.

Long story, but I'll make it short with what caused me to suddenly 'turn my back' on this (and I promise you-it wasn't like I wanted to). I was out of town with my fiance during my vacation, and when I came back I found out a good friend of mine was in a serious car accident. Right now he's doing well and trying to get through rehab, the whole event was mind boggling...and I just didn't want to be bothered with other things, since I worried a lot about him.

We've been good friends since 6th grade, and to lose a friend like that is heart wrenching. So I hope none of you feel that I just didn't care. I will try and get things going....hopefully nothing else gets in the way -__-; then I know I'm cursed if that's the case.
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:26 am

Ha ha, that is perfectly all right. We all go through times like that. And I know if my friend suddenly got into a car accident, so no worries. I just hope we can still get enough people for this. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthmael Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Okay I posted up the character profile sheet, and thread specifically for it...sorry I'm taking long. I've been so busy lately -_-...so my online time is limited.
Arthmael
Arthmael
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down