FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio)

3 posters

Go down

72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio) Empty 72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio)

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Alright, in case you didn't see the Interest check for this. Here's what's going down.

An action packed cop vs gang shoot 'em up in the middle of Mongkok, the most densely populated city in the world. In case you missed it the first time around. Here is the style I'm going for.

Kung Fu Action!

There will be plenty of guns too, don't worry.

---

So, what does that mean for you? Well, you're going to be a cop, fighting to apprehend a group of ruthless gang members. The story will take place over the course of three days. I will be providing time in the posts to keep appropriate pacing. There will also be the opportunity for flashbacks, if you so wish. Any questions, just ask.

Remember, this will be taking place in Hong Kong, so for the section on ethnicity, be sure to state if you're an islander, or a mainlander (or possibly from another country entirely). This will affect how some people interact with you. (Mainlanders are generally from the villages, and speak a slightly different language than islanders, so it may be hard to understand them, unless you've had training. Most cops will be able to speak both.)

Rank, please place your police rank, and what section you work with. (Intelligence, patrolman, etc.)

Profile:

Name:
Ethnicity:
Languages:
Section:

Appearance:
Biography:
Personality:

---

Rules:

1: Follow all of FoG's rules.

That's the only one for now.

Last edited by Diodri_Setera on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio) Empty Re: 72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio)

Post by MachinaMaker Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:52 am

Name: Jon Win
Ethnicity: Islander
Languages: Chinese, Japanese, English
Section: Organized Crime

Appearance: Around five foot seven, he's not extremely tall, but he doesn't need to be. Intense hazel eyes and a stern expression make him intimidating enough, things carved onto his face by years on the force.
Biography: Jon never thought he'd be a cop when he was younger. He grew up in a different lifestyle, born and raised in the street. This led him to be tough as nails, even at an early age and was forced to know how to defend himself. He became such a good fighter that at sixteen he was performing in illegal street fights. But when he lost a fight he should have won, it was his brother who paid the price. Jon stopped fighting in street fights and applied to become a police officer. Soon he made Inspector and applied for organized crime, hoping to take down the local gang rings that ran the city.
Personality: Serious, cynical, but with a strange sort of humor that makes him likable even to those who hate him.

MachinaMaker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio) Empty Re: 72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio)

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:59 am

I've accepted your profile. I will let you know, I put this OOC up some time ago. Hopefully this will spark some more interest though! ^.^
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MachinaMaker Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. But hopefully you're right. I'm so up for doing this thing. I mean, John Woo movies are my favorite. You should see my video cabinet. This is my type of roleplay.

MachinaMaker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:08 pm

If not, we could format it like a 1v1, if you're up for that.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MachinaMaker Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 am

Sure, that works for me. What, like a grudge against two specific people? A cop and this gangster/hitman? Maybe they could have been brothers, or friends when they both lived on the same street as a kid, but somehow went seperate ways. Whatever you want to do, just throwing out ideas. I'm fine for a 1x1

MachinaMaker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:09 am

I'll get the IC later up today, and I'll get fate to move both of the threads to the 1v1 section.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 pm

MachinaMaker you still around?

Fate moved the topic to 1v1 for us. I like the idea of the cop and villain being friends who grew apart. I'll get to posting the intro after you respond to this. :p
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MachinaMaker Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry, thought this thing had died. Yeah, I'm ready.

MachinaMaker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Darn....I wanted to joing this too. Too late to jump in?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm

You would be too late, had this RP ever started. I've gotten several people interested, just not several people interested at the same time. If you wish to do a 1v1, I would happily put up an intro thread.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Sure I could maybe do that. Got a general plot idea in mind? Bringing down a criminal king-pin. Stopping a drug shipment?

Trying to take over a rival gang? Spies for various countries looking to steal the same scientist for their respective countries?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 am

I think I'll leave the detective work up to you. *wink*

I will be playing the evil guys, you will be the police force. You can control up to three detectives (or more if you want. Even one is fine.) I will control the (insert number here) of the main villains. I am very flexible as to the level of control you have over minor characters. I am more concerned with interesting story over ownership.

Expect something to go up tonight.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:11 am

Fantastic. I'll likely play an individual cop and concentrate on her. But I can fill out the 'surroundings with various NPCs for flavor and stuff no problem
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:44 am

If you would like to be a single cop, I'll RP the police chief as well then.

I AM VERY SORRY I AM KICKING MYSELF REPEATEDLY UNTIL THE THREAD IS UP, I SUCK AT DEADLINES!!!

HERE IS THE INTRO! FEEL FREE TO ESTABLISH YOU CHARACTER.

Then I will call you in for a briefing, and the plot will get rolling.

Oh, and, give me a profile. ^.^

72 hours in Mongkok
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm

72 Hours in Mongkok sheet
Name: Mei-Xing Chen (Mei)
Islander or Mainland: Islander
Job/Rank: Detective in the Organized Crime Unit for the Mongkok Police Department.
Appearance: 72 Hours in Mongkok (MachinaMaker and Dio) Zhangziyi007s
Relevance/Bio: Detective Chen was born and raised in the middle class portion of the island, populated by corporate salaried employees, restaurateurs and merchants. Her father worked for Sanyo and her Mother was a teacher. Her upbringing had little to do with the hard life of the streets.

It was the influence of her father’s brother, who was also a Police detective that cultivated Mei-Xing’s interest in becoming a Cop. She worked hard through her schooling and was accepted into the Academy at the age of 18. She graduated respectably well and was assigned to a beat in a world she was only minimally had experience with. She did well, partnered up with a good, experienced partner who was intimately aware of the gangs, personalities and currents within the Mongkok underworld.

She worked her way up and after taking her exams gained the rank of Sargeant and was assigned to the Organized Crime Unit at the age of 24. She’s worked hard within Unit and has learned the ins and outs of the dark world of Mongkok crime.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down