FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 4 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Here's a link to the RP.
Sephiris: The Price of Peace

Stion wrote:No problem, mate. As long as you don't take too long to do it. O:

I've just done it now. Very Happy
Thanks anyway for the prod. I need those sometimes. Thumbs Up ^_^

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 4 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Stion Gyas Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Thank you, I like it.

No problem, we all need to be poked from time to time.

Congratulations on the first post of page four!
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm

My characters are still in the evening of day 4. My next post will probably finish off that evening, and begin with the morning of day 5.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:04 pm

That's what I figured.
Well hey, I guess we already solved the timeline! And here I thought it'd wait till later. Laughing This'll be useful for the synopsis. Nod
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Hey Silvone, in Simion's profile, for the location of the town Caluk, I think you need to change "west of the River Swift" to "west of the Manora River." Swift is to the south-west; Manora is the north-east one.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 4 Telmarmapmandor

I just finished making this. I'll be updating it constantly as new labels for the cities are discovered. ^_^
I'll do the same thing for other sections of the map, as well.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Yes, feel free to go to the next day. You might have gotten the dreams before Gado did, on DAY 1. Right now all my posts are in DAY 2.
The branding in Mandor was DAY 4, I think, so Silvone's last post was either that evening or at a later day. So actually you and I, at least, have a few days to catch up, which will work out splendidly, I'm sure.

I think maybe the first time Silli has an dream that she clearly remembers about Sephiris, that should be the night of DAY 1 (or early morning of DAY 2) for her. It could be later, but probably not earlier.

Groovy. That does work out just fine for me. I'll use 2 extra days to catch up to Mandor's DAY 4, and develop her wandering, which will end at Eldin and hopefully I'll have more direction on bumping into some body else Very Happy Perfect!

Also, you are totally right. The dream started night 1 Smile So she is technically wandering on DAY 2. She won't know what the dream is about until Eldin, when she will probably hear some rumors of Sephiris returning and make some kind of connection between the two. I haven't totally thought it through yet - but that is the general direction I'm headed in.

Will fix my post and get some more of the journey up tomorrow Flirt

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 pm

You are right. I don't know how I mixed that up, as I recall checking it several times. Let me change it. Thanks for catching all of this for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 am

You're most welcome. And in return, just promise you'll be outspoken if you ever see me screw up the continuity. Very Happy

Sometimes, when I check things over and over to make sure, I end up getting it wrong somehow, too. Maybe it's because our brain gets screwed up from all the tension of trying to definitely definitely definitely get it right. Razz

Reffy, remember that the elves don't really know exactly what's going on. They're investigating. I love the idea that the ones guided by Sephiris might not even know much about who she is, but they'll get there before everyone else. In fact, maybe I'd better PM you where to go.... Silli and Gado should meet at the same time wherever the temple is. We can have Áirhath join up with Silli along the way, maybe, somehow.

Hey wait... Reffy, have you edited your last post yet?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 am

Kalon Ordona II wrote:You're most welcome. And in return, just promise you'll be outspoken if you ever see me screw up the continuity. Very Happy

Don't worry, I will Cleaning

By the way, I don't think I will be making an elf character. School will be starting soon and I've finally decided its time to sit down and write my books (no small thanks to my father-in-law). I'm getting burned out with Tales of Riv'nar, and I honestly can't see the RP surviving beyond the end of the first chapter (if we get that far). I think my Star Wars RP has come to a halt, and the Black Rock one-on-one I have with Ryona can halt for a while. That leaves Sephiris, which I won't quit no matter what as it rocks Headbang , the Caligo RP I just joined which I'm excited about, and the Middle-earth RP Into the Shadow, which is also a very good RP. With those three active RP's, me writing my own books, school, my family, and work, I will definitely be very busy. I'd rather not make my load any heavier than it already is. If I make too many characters, I may burn myself out.

Anyway, this also kind of serves as my warning that I may not be as active here as I would like to be, but I am by no means giving up here :medievalfight:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! Very Happy
I'm very glad you feel so committed to this role-play. cheers
I guess this means I'd better get back to work on my novel as well. Laughing
Hey, if you got a pep-talk from someone about your books, would it be okay to pass it on? Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Since it was my father doing the lecturing, and I happen to lecture a lot like he does, I feel obligated to pass it on to you.

There are some of us in the world that have great ambitions, but don't have the means to achieve them. Whether it is money, time, skill, lack of contacts, etc...there are just some things that certain people have no access to. When you are an adult, you come to realize that everyone has a 'glass ceiling' in their life. Still, there are some who struggle to achieve their dream, and few that actually do achieve it. My father is one of those people who is struggling against his 'glass ceiling'.

In this particular case, the ability to create a story and the skill necessary to write a novel are the means being discussed. You, Kalon, have an exceptional talent both as a writer and as a person of creation. One may think that just anyone can pick up a pen and start writing, and to some degree, it is true...but not everyone can finish their piece, and have it become a masterpiece. In a sense, by not writing your novel, you are wasting your precious gift; a gift that many of us could only wish we had. While this is true for myself, I will use my father as an example because the work he has done is exceptional, in its own way.

My father, Tom, is a middle aged man who works full time to support his family, and spends much of his free time spending time with family rather than personal time. Our family is exceptionally close in comparison to other families around us; it is something my father has worked hard to achieve and has so far succeeded. Such success shows the hard working ethic that he has, and that he has pushed onto the rest of us, including Silvone.

He has always buggered Silvone into writing, but has had little success. With work, school, a wife and a child, writing a book wasn't on the top of Silv's to do list. Recently, however, my father has decided to try his hand at writing a novel. Here is where my little 'skills' blurb comes in. My father is by no means illiterate; however, he is not at the intellectual level that you are. He doesn't have a natural knack for writing and creating; it is a struggle for him, each paragraph coming slowly (if it comes at all!). However, he has continued to write this novel and is now at 20,000 words, no small feat for a person like himself.

His book is about a man's dream to fly into space, and his unconventional means for making that dream come true. My father has done a lot of research on the shuttles and has put a lot of time into his story. He also has been using this website for guidance and inspiration. He has various people reading it and giving their advice, and writes and rewrites until he has reached his highest level of perfection.

The difference is, his highest level of perfection, and your highest level of perfection, are two different levels. You can go so much farther than he has, while putting a similar amount of work into it. He said to me, "If all my book does is inspire Silvone to write his books and become a successful writer, then I have succeeded." He would say the same to you, and even offered to talk to you, if you wanted him to. I figured I'd make a general summary of his 'pep talk' so you didn't have to hear the hours upon hours of lecturing that my father can produce. Laughing However, if you want him to talk to you personally, I can arrange it.

Silvone downloaded this free program to help him organize his thoughts and begin writing his novel. You may find it useful!

[/endlecture]
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Wow, that was very inspiring. Very Happy Thank you so much!
I wouldn't mind at all listening to (or reading) his hours of lecture. Does your father have gmail? Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Not edited yet - I was just going to. Good thing I checked the OOC first >.>

Did you have an idea? Wanna PM me? Very Happy I'm open right now. I only have a vague idea on the next few days and could do with direction. She was headed to Eldin ... that's as far as I got Razz

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm

*goes to PM Reffy*

*reads Silvone's post*
Great post, Silvone! Very Happy Good descriptions of Dor, or at least that district of it. Very appropriate for the capital, which in all likelihood has the most history, being near the coast.

And I really do want you guys to point out my little errors--every single one you can find--so, in the spirit of aspiring perfectionism:

Constructive Corrector's Corner Smile
In paragraph 4 you have "quite" instead of "quiet."
And also in #4, I'm not sure but I would think shadows from the inside would create large shadows on an opposite wall, not small ones. But I might have read that wrong.

Also, Silvone, if any of your characters or side-characters get dreams from Sephiris, let me know so I can tell you where Sephiris will guide you.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm

The doorway, being large than the two men standing outside of it, would shed light over their entire bodies, making their shadows smaller. At least, thats how it seems to me. I would think a small area of light would create large shadows. But I may be wrong.

Barthon would likely be the one to have a dream, but that won't happen until he manages to get some sleep.

Or maybe Simion. That would be interesting.

Edit: I fixed the quite to quiet error, and a few others you missed affraid
I also mentioned Brenard at the end, as he wanted to be a part of the group. I forgot to mention him when I first wrote it. I planned on doing about one long post per character, as a way of introducing them and the environment they feel comfortable in. As you can see, Inen is a tough woman, perhaps a bit of a risk taker, and she is seemingly hiding from something. That...or she enjoys hanging around in the deep, dark pits of a city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Ooh, cool, I LOVE the idea of Simion having a Sephiris dream!! xDD
And oh LOOKIE!! 500th post! cheers

All right, *sings* Here I go a post-eh-ling among the fog-gy threads....
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Congrats on the 500 Smile I've yet to reach the 300 mark Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:18 am

Eh, I've been here a little longer, plus I probably post in a few more out-of-character places than you do. You're almost there. Thumbs Up

Yaaaay, I posted! *whew* Took a while.
Ready your fine-tooth combs! xD

Okay, so the S'harahe scene takes place in the afternoon of DAY 2, and Gado scene in the evening of the same day. Gado must be more fit than he seems to think, carrying all that stuff. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:39 pm

*Pulls hair out* You have to be joking me! Finally got around to rewriting and my bloody computer has a spazz and loses it. Why do I have such bad luck!

In the mean time, found this [see link] Using it to help me with the Elvish Very Happy http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/language/phrase.htm

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Um, um, I don't use Tolkien's elvish in this RP. This is MY elvish. Smile
I'm afraid a Sindarin phrasebook won't get you anywhere.
Sorrry to... burst your bubble... sorry.... Sad
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:32 pm

*Bubble officially burst* Sad

BAH! ... oh well - its a good thing I'm not at the talking yet then >.> Rewriting it for the 2nd time ><

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Sorry. Crying or Very sad I'm glad you like using the languages! Very Happy I'll help translate for you, if you want. Although, you remember, using the languages is totally optional. You could always speak in italics, if you want. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Heh. I'm too stubborn for my own good. Still using the language as best I can.

Finally finished the rewrite - now adding another day to catch up with every body else. Think this 2nd rewrite is actually more realistic Smile

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:27 pm

See? I told you it is always helpful to rewrite it. At least, its not always a waste. For me, it almost turns out better the second time, though I tend to lose and idea or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:52 pm

First post written on my new lap top. Very Happy It came a couple days early, but I just now unplugged my old desktop and stuck my ethernet cable into the laptop. :F Aaaanyway, time to start looking at the post(s).
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 pm

That's awesome, Stion! I'm hoping to get a laptop, too, as soon as I can afford it.

*goes to read posts*

Reffy, your posts are awesome, but you've actually done worse things to the distance traveled than before. Instead of about 250 miles traveled, you've bumped it to 400 or more.
Fortunately, there's an easy fix. All you'd have to do is make Cleastuar in Ena, not Ardin. That way she'll be crossing to Ardin, not Eldin, 500 miles away.
It's. A. Long. Journey.

Seriously, your post is really, really great; we just have to keep in mind that these aren't dinky islands they're on. ...here, maybe I'd better just illustrate.

*goes to make a zoomed-in map*
*finishes*

Here, this should help, I think. Very Happy

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 4 Reffymapa

She has to wander about 80 miles. That's plenty for a day's leisurely journey. Smile I seriously doubt a human could pull that off, but elves can hack it, thanks to their stamina.

Edit:
Upon closer inspection, it seems that what I illustrated up there is basically what you have in your post. Which makes things even easier. All you have to do is change the location at the top of your post and the last one to make Cleastuar in Ena instead of Ardin.

Also, Silli should probably use silver instead of gold to pay for her room. If she uses coppers for the fish, it makes sense that she'd use silver coins, not gold ones, for one night of room and board.

Once again, points for the post itself! Very Happy
I like how you have variety in elves and how you even brought a human to work at the elf inn. ^_^

Edit:
Oops, one other thing. One of your elvish words has an M and an O in it, and a couple have C's as well. There aren't any C's O's or M's in this elvish. Smile
Also, could you give me a list of new words and what you think they should mean? Very Happy That would help, so I can add them to the wordlist. Thumbs Up

Edit:
Sorry to keep making this post longer; I just hope you realize the sea trip could take weeks. And I don't even know where Nanndirrien is. Shocked Is it the red dot near the coast, southeast of the Shana Nanndirrien? Like, are they going to sail around the south of Ardin and then all the way up to Eldin? In a leaky boat?

I'm labeling maps as we go, so I have to know where these new cities are. I assume that a city named after mountains would be near the mountains they're named after (or vice versa: the mountains would be named after the town... but that's unlikely). Gotta help me out. Very Happy

Edit:
Just so everybody knows: the U in elvish is only ever the short U sound. Always "uh," never "oo."
The way to speak elvish properly is to make sure your lips are always parted and not really doing anything. The tongue does all the work. You don't even use your teeth for S's. It's probably a good idea to do this quietly or in a whisper as you're using the elvish words or making up new ones. =D
Also, the CH is more like an H than a K or a TCH. There are no C's or K's or G's.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Seeing Ryona's maps for your one-on-one with Eternity, would you want her to make maps for Sephiris? Not that yours aren't good, but I've always thought that having a variety of maps was a great way to add to a story. But I am obsessed with maps. I was going to do some close-up maps of Mandor using MS Paint, like I've done with my LOTR maps (though, those aren't close up). However, I'm not sure if I have the time for it.

Also, how would I do the whole dream thing? Is it something I coordinate with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Reffy, your posts are awesome
Glad the posts are awesome. Little daunted compared to the amazing writing you guys are doing!

but you've actually done worse things to the distance traveled than before. Instead of about 250 miles traveled, you've bumped it to 400 or more.
Fortunately, there's an easy fix. All you'd have to do is make Cleastuar in Ena, not Ardin. That way she'll be crossing to Ardin, not Eldin, 500 miles away.
It's. A. Long. Journey.
Hahahaha. Ok - oops! That was a typo from the previous edit. I made Cleastuar as the port on Ena. She hasn't made it to Ardin yet.

Seriously, your post is really, really great; we just have to keep in mind that these aren't dinky islands they're on. ...here, maybe I'd better just illustrate.

*goes to make a zoomed-in map*
*finishes*

Here, this should help, I think. Very Happy

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 4 Reffymapa

She has to wander about 80 miles. That's plenty for a day's leisurely journey. Smile I seriously doubt a human could pull that off, but elves can hack it, thanks to their stamina.

Edit:
Upon closer inspection, it seems that what I illustrated up there is basically what you have in your post. Which makes things even easier. All you have to do is change the location at the top of your post and the last one to make Cleastuar in Ena instead of Ardin.
Edited Smile That was the typo. Your pink arrow is roughly where she is right now. On the boat between Ena and Ardin.

Also, Silli should probably use silver instead of gold to pay for her room. If she uses coppers for the fish, it makes sense that she'd use silver coins, not gold ones, for one night of room and board.

Once again, points for the post itself! Very Happy
I like how you have variety in elves and how you even brought a human to work at the elf inn. ^_^
Will edit for silver coin's Smile Wasn't too sure on money and how it would work. Clarification might be helpful here, for me, as well as the others.
Glad you liked the human bit. I tried to make the Elves, including Silla, kinda high and mighty as you said they were.

Edit:
Oops, one other thing. One of your elvish words has an M and an O in it, and a couple have C's as well. There aren't any C's O's or M's in this elvish. Smile
Also, could you give me a list of new words and what you think they should mean? Very Happy That would help, so I can add them to the wordlist. Thumbs Up
Bah! There has to be C's at least Razz Otherwise they wouldn't be able to call it "Shana Chaldena". I'll go and translate my words for you Smile Was really boggling my brain on how to write it.

Edit:
Sorry to keep making this post longer; I just hope you realize the sea trip could take weeks. And I don't even know where Nanndirrien is. Shocked Is it the red dot near the coast, southeast of the Shana Nanndirrien? Like, are they going to sail around the south of Ardin and then all the way up to Eldin? In a leaky boat?

I'm labeling maps as we go, so I have to know where these new cities are. I assume that a city named after mountains would be near the mountains they're named after (or vice versa: the mountains would be named after the town... but that's unlikely). Gotta help me out. Very Happy
Tell you what - I'll go one better. I'll take a snap shot and give you Silla's planned route, roughly. Then we can kinda pinpoint which towns I guessed and if I got it wrong. I was guessing Nanndirrien was on Ardin and the nearest red dot to Ena. Any who's - I'll make a map for you and then we can sort out names Smile

Last edited by Reffy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Hehehe. Mind is still boggling ><

Eltheran = Greetings
Ireta = Food
Kaotmet = Please
Herethen = Catch
san = and
Niecu = New
Chenye = Route
Nena = Where
ien = was
Chindeye = Party

These are mostly modified from similar meanings from the first OOC page. Lemme know if any of these need to be changed.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:==================
LANGUAGES
==================
. : Elvish : .
Elf language is spoken with the lips and teeth constantly parted. The English letters used to represent these sounds are: e, ë, ä, a, ae, i, u, é, á, í, r, l, n, r, d, dh, t, th, s, sh, h, ch, ll, nn, ss, and y.

There are no plurals. Word order alters meaning. It will be up to the players--those who are interested--to fill in the gaps. What we have here is the skeleton, a language in its early stages, ready for linguistically inclined role-players to explore. Speaking elvish in the role-play is completely optional; just the fact that is here and available will add depth to the world and the story. It is meant as an avenue of added enjoyment for those who really like to dig in. Feel free to expand as little or as much as you like on the language mechanics and the wordlist.

Actually, he can, look at the letter list. Very Happy

Still, I'm liking your posts, can't wait to see what's next.

Silvone, are you wanting for me to post, or are you writing something up for meeting the others?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next