FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wynter

3 posters

Go down

Wynter Empty Wynter

Post by Aesalon Fri May 22, 2009 3:45 pm

As I am sure I have mentioned in every post that I have made here, I don't feel that I have time to invest in properly running a full time character - but I really want to contribute, so I have a proposal for a game.

The setting is Fantasy/Adventure (The land of Wynter as described in my character log file.)
I believe that anyone involved would need to be a new character (though with the dimensional instability factor there may be some leeway there.)
The game would begin as tales of strange monsters and the first signs of the appearance of the Necre are spreading through the lands.

Individual characters are fairly wide open and I would leave the details to the writer. (My next character log entry will be a list of the peoples and cultures of Wynter, that should make character building easier.)
I will post news of happenings around the island - these may not effect every character every posting, but for the most part they will represent the time-line surrounding Wynter as it was originally created. (Eventually I plan to take on a character as well.)

At this point I am envisioning this as a casual/serious - if you feel you can only post once every couple of weeks that is fine - if you just want to post a short-lived character or a one & done to contribute that is fine as well.

If a few people are interested just post on here, and if you decide to start making characters and have any questions about Wynter just message me.

Thanks,
-Aes
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Wynter Empty Re: Wynter

Post by Kaislynn Fri May 22, 2009 5:09 pm

This sounds interesting! If I understand correctly, you're wanting to make it a kind of persistent world at FOG. This sounds really cool, I'd love to see your list of peoples and cultures! Yay, exploration! I'm going right now to read your character post about Wynter.

Nice to get some more bigger role plays going.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Yes, that is correct!

I would be really interested to see the how this world turns out after a number of different creative people add the details. (Honestly, I am a bit bored with myself.) Sleep
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Ha ha! Yea, I totally understand that! It's the best part of role playing, getting to collaborate with other creative writers!

So I read your profile on Wynter and I love it! You've got some awesome stuff swimming around in that world! I definitely think you should open it as a persistent world thread. While I was reading it, I was reminded of George RR Martin: any inspiration from there? (Love that series haven't yet finished it)

I'll come back and edit this post/write another with some ideas, I don't have a lot of time right now! But I love it!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Sat May 23, 2009 11:12 am

Game of Thrones was the first fantasy book since LOTR that I became emotionally attached to - so, yeah - Martin has influenced me. (At least my presentation anyway)

The character/chapter style that he uses has always reminded me of Role Playing anyway, so I am envisioning the Wynter game to run along those lines.
Sometime soon I'll begin with a one & done character prologue intro to set things into motion. Muhaha
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail DeWraith Sun May 24, 2009 11:42 pm

I know I am very new (I joined 10 minutes ago) but I am very interested in this. I hope this will start soon.
Kail DeWraith
Kail DeWraith
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon May 25, 2009 9:13 am

Okay, I have kicked off the Wynter campaign -
Everyone is encouraged to contribute.

Enjoy!!
Aesalon