FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Mascot: Charlie the Ghost

5 posters

Go down

Our Mascot:  Charlie the Ghost Empty Our Mascot: Charlie the Ghost

Post by Fate Flyer Fri May 22, 2009 12:56 am

Charlie the Ghost
The official mascot of Footsteps of Ghosts

Our Mascot:  Charlie the Ghost CharlieGhostDone

FOG's official mascot is a ghost named Charlie. Not only does Charlie represent FOG, but he also is a member of the message board. Charlie is controlled by everyone on the staff, and his purpose is for a bit of lighthearted comic relief.

About Charlie

Charlie was born October 13th, 1813, in Bath, England, to wealthy parents of noble stature. He was raised to be well-mannered, polite, sophisticated, cultured, gracious, and gentlemanly. Charlie was described as being very 'posh' by those that knew him, and grew up in a very large estate, which had a separate house for all the maids. His father was a private physician, while his mother stayed at home as a seamstress in her spare time. They, themselves, both came from a great deal of money.

Charlie studied the art of words and their impact on the human emotions and mind. He wrote poetry and short novels based on himself and his life. His first published work was when he was just eleven years old. He was considered a child prodigy by his instructors. Many of his poems centered around a childhood crush of his -- a wealthy girl from his school named Mary. When the two were just sixteen, Mary died from smallpox, leaving Charlie severely depressed and disturbed. His poetry altered from whimsical romance to melancholy words of despair and heartache. However, Charlie eventually moved on and forced himself to forget Mary.

Eventually, Charlie earned himself a distinct role amongst his peers as 'the nerd.' He was picked on quite a lot growing up, being the intellectual and soft-spoken boy he was. His classmates would poke fun of his poetry or his writing and call him a 'nancy boy' or a 'pansy.'

In January of 1832, Charlie was killed when he fell from a cliff in the forest not far from his family's manor, where he often went to read or write. He had been walking off his usual path to find a nice secluded place to write his latest novel, when he accidently fell off a steep ledge, falling to his doom. Charlie died at the age of nineteen.

Unwilling to let go of his life, Charlie clung to what little he had left, and remained on the planet as a ghost. Still, to this day, he claims he committed suicide, though most that know him know that he would never be bold enough to even attempt such a thing. Over the years of drifting through the world, Charlie grew with the trends, and eventually dropped his old, civilized ways, and tried to take on a new personality for himself. He began speaking in terms considered popular by the younger crowds and using words he normally would have avoided. He also made an endeavor to come across as 'badass.' Charlie became a poser.

Today, Charlie haunts anyone he can, finding pleasure in scaring or startling strangers. Though he enjoys scaring people, he really does quite a poor job of it, for the poor dear just doesn't have it in him. He is far too connected to his old roots to ever behave truly badly. He may try, and he may have convinced himself that he is Brad Pitt, but he truly is just an old-world, poetry-loving geek. He acts sarcastic when he feels threatened and can be rather defensive because of the way he was treated. Even during a routine scare or haunt, if the person he is attempting to frighten is friendly with him, Charlie is quick to change his disposition and to respond to them in an equally friendly way. Charlie is rather pompous, and his is extremely quick to inform people of the rules, if he believes they are doing something wrong. He pretends to be a very proud person, much like the way his parents acted, which makes it only all the harder for anyone to take his new personality seriously.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Our Mascot:  Charlie the Ghost Empty Re: Our Mascot: Charlie the Ghost

Post by Kaislynn Fri May 22, 2009 1:49 am

Hey! Charlie! Very Happy yay!
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Fri May 22, 2009 7:25 am

I grieve for his tragic past but am glad that we have him here with us! This community just wouldn't be the same without a ghost mascot! Very Happy
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm glad you guys like him! Aww

Charlie the Ghost actually kind of has a story behind him, for those of you who are curious...

It's kind of an inside joke. When my brother (who is 2 years younger than me) and I were younger, my grandpa (who was an amazing guy, but who has since passed away) would joke with us quite a lot. He used to try and trick us into thinking certain things that happened around the house were the result of Charlie the Ghost. Smile Of course, my brother and I (even at such a young age) knew he was just kidding, but it was funny. A door would close from somewhere in the house or my mom would drop something from in the kitchen (a frequent occurrence), and grandpa would turn to us and gasp, saying, "It was Charlie the ghost!"

So, that's always kind of stuck with me. Additionally, my grandfather was really close with my brother and I growing up, since we saw him every Sunday, and he was a really great man, so I've always respected and admired him. In a way, Charlie the Ghost here is kind of a nod to him, while keeping the memory of Charlie alive. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 2:13 pm

That sounds like George the Ghost that has followed me all my life. My Mom thinks it's her dead uncle, why I'm not sure, but things like the door shutting on it's own and things have always been atributed to George. I could tell you lots of stories, lol.

So, It's great to meet you Charlie, I hope you and George get along if you decide to pop out here and visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon May 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Oh wow, no kidding? I love hearing about ghost stories. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Okay, so I'm kind of on the fence about Charlie. Do you guys think that we should keep him around? Or should I scrap this idea?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttt?! 0.0''

Why would you get rid of Charlie!?

I think he's an awesome idea! XD
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm

XD Awww, you really like him, Hope? ^^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah!

I think it was a really neat idea to come up with! I like the story behind him, and it really makes the site just that much more fun....kind of balancing the serious face of the board when it comes to rping, and the fun side of it as well!

My vote is to leave it.
Hope
Hope
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

I agree. I don't see how keeping Charlie around would cause the site any harm. Besides, as the site grows it'll be useful to have a mascot around to pop into threads every once in a while.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 am

Charlie must stay! Shocked

Who else will haunt our boards with an English accent!?
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:25 am

XD Lol! Alright. ^^ Haha we'll keep him.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:35 am

Three cheers!

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip HOORAY!!! Clap
Hope