FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Red Tide

+3
Aesalon
Eternity
Fluff
7 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Red Tide Empty The Red Tide

Post by Fluff Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am

(Status: Open, but don't bother applying if you won't be active enough to keep up.)

It has been hundreds and hundreds of years since last the world saw a trace of demon-kind past the arcane rituals deep within the confines of the Mage Towers. The civilized races have forgotten them completely, save for several ancient tomes deep within hidden libraries, and a sage here or there locked up inside a magically sealed tower. There are no wars, for there are no nations to war with. The only unified nation worth the name is the Northern Empire, and their soldiers are more than busy enough with the beasts dwelling within those snow-covered peaks. Perhaps the spirits of the Sands of Illusion remember them, far to the south of the continent. The demons were the cause of the sprawling desert sands, after all. Their warfare razed the once-rich terrain and destroyed its fertility, rendering it a merciless stretch of dune after dune, where nothing is truly what it seems to be. Spirits tell no tales, however, and mortal men foolish enough to seek them out will find no more answers than those given by their own bones as they bleach in the sun. The Greatwoods to the west might remember them. The forest guardians, none of which are really human any more, are older than many cities, and some of them fought the first invasion. They do not speak to mankind, however, and seem to have no desire other than to protect the woods they live with, and whatever else might lie within those shadowy glades.

No, the civilized lands to the east are oblivious to their own history. Nevertheless, the traces of demonic influence are there to be seen if the seeker knows what to see. The knights of the Golden Order were founded as an order of demon-slayers, but now all but the most ancient of them have forgotten their origins, and those ancients only know of stories from fathers' fathers' fathers. Now their mission in life is to keep the lands free from the touch of any evil, be it a marauding dragon, a power-crazed mage, or some beast of darkness terrorizing a cozy little village for human food. They have plenty to occupy themselves with, since while the hordes are long gone, the lands are still filled with beasts only too happy to feast on human flesh.

The Golden Order is not infallible, however. Power will always hold its allure, and the martial disciplines practiced by the Gold Knights bring power. decades ago, one promising knight found that he enjoyed the taste of power. He traveled far and wide, destroying enemies of the light and growing all the stronger for it. Stories spread about his prowess in battle, how he had single-handedly slain a fully grown dragon, over fifty feet from nose to tail, how he could destroy a mountain troll with a strike of one finger, shatter boulders with his fist. He heard the whispers, and smiled to himself. He used his power for good, but he failed to find the evil within himself. His wife begged him to stop, but he had grown addicted to the feel of battle, and refused. She left him, taking with her their infant son. In a rage, the maddened knight disappeared from the face of the world completely. No trace of him was ever found, or of his wife, or of the child.

Connected to the mortal world is a vast number of unstable, shifting places known as the Ethereal Realms. The rules of the mortal world do not always apply within the Realms, such as gravity. There is no solid ground, but floating castles, prisons, and strange warped structures with no apparent purpose usually form the center of each realm, floating far above the clouds. These realms form the barrier between the mortal world and the Wastelands, the awful eternal badlands that the countless demon races call home. There, a dark threat is growing in silence. The self-styled "Demon King," a human with the terrifying ability to command the twisted beings there, plans to overcome the Ethereal Realms, and unleash his legions directly upon the mortal world.

Of course, none of this is known to any of you. Very few know anything at all. There have been dark whispers within the powerful city-state known as Iarad, whispers of men in the shadows who disappear as soon as you look at them full-on. Iarad's culture is close to what in another world might be called Arabian. The roof-tops are flat, making for another set of streets above the city that takes life at night, filling with assassins, thieves, and hardened criminals of many kinds. The influential merchant family Draec has set out many advertisements for bodyguards, knowing that behind every whisper there is an element of truth, and that any group in the shadows is always a danger to the established players in society. The Golden Order has dispatched independent knights to investigate, although as always they will take no payment. "The only gold we need is what we wear," as the Gold Knights are known to say. At the same time, such a rich city as Iarad is always a magnet for petty thieves or even the darker-hearted among men, as in such a large city there are plenty of dark alleyways for an unwary maiden to vanish into.

Regardless of reasons, one dark figure has appeared silently in the shadows of Iarad. If you ask the right men, you might learn his name. You might learn that he is a paid killer, an assassin of the highest degree. You might learn that if you have enough gold, and know the right fellow to ask, you might be able to arrange anything you want with him. You might also learn, that whatever you do, you should never, ever waste his time. He doesn't like it, and that means that death would be a kindness to you.

You could be anyone. You could be in Iarad, or you could be elsewhere. Iarad is where the likeliest place for something to happen, if that's what you want. What you want is up to you, however. There is a port about ten miles down the road from Iarad. Many traders congregate to sell their wares to the rich and powerful in Iarad. You could be from anywhere, you could be anyone, and you could want any number of things.

It's all up to you. Choose carefully. You won't get any second chances.

~Magic~

Most people in the world--although not necessarily most of the characters in this story--have no magic. These are the warriors, the brawlers, the knights and the roguish rascals. They are very unlikely to have any supernatural ability unless trained in it, as some of the paladin-like Gold Knights are. Despite this, an intelligent fighter can prevail over a mage in combat if he is well-prepared. Then are the crafty fellows, the ones who know when to hit and when to run. They can fight, all right, and they're good at it, but they won't just stand there and trade punches. They're a good deal more likely to have magic of their own, although it will rarely be of an offensive kind. Rather, whatever magic they might have will be more of a utility ability than anything for direct combat. Magic is a thing that requires a lot of skill and dedication to use, and so it's not just every average fruit vendor who can wield a sword and a lightning bolt at the same time. At least, not without skewering himself on one or the other.

The mages of the world are the students of the supernatural, acolytes of the arcane, and priests of the powers beyond. There is very little that they cannot do with their minds, but the power they wield is extremely draining. They are often unable to fight effectively without their magic, but with it they are a force to be feared. All mages have a specialized element--selected from the four natural elements, holy light, or darkness--in which their power lies. There are no elemental weaknesses (this isn't pokemon), and a fire mage attacking an ice mage will find himself at no more advantage than if he was fighting a thunder mage.

But magic takes many forms, and there is another kind available to the human race. Rare and powerful, shape-changers are men and women with the ability to alter their forms. Some are born with the ability, and some gain it through a magical accident. No matter how they acquire their gift, they can be deadly once they have learned combat forms. They are not unlikely to possess other magics, and might even be able to use them to fight in their human form. They may be trained in hand-to-hand combat, or in the magic arts, but their primary strength lies in their own bodies.

(Please note that these are only outlines. You don't need to adhere to any of them. I'm just giving you an idea of the sort of abilities available in the world. You won't be asked to choose between them.)

~Races~

Humans are the dominant race, but some may have mixed blood in their veins. A taint of demonic blood is possible, although most half-demons are stillborn. The Fey, also known as Faeries, have on occasion formed unions with members of the human race, and their offspring, while rare, are very beautiful, slender, and generally possess a considerable magic talent. The Fey themselves are tiny creatures, the tallest among them standing no higher than a foot off the ground. They have insect-like wings of all kinds, ranging from beetles' to butterflies'. They are almost never seen outside of their hidden citadel of Wiren, and when they venture into the human world they will generally either find some spell to conceal their wings and augment their height to human size, or conceal themselves where the tall folk cannot see them until their business is done.

In layman's terms, you can choose Human, Part-Demon, Part-Fey, or Fey. Unless it's a really integral part of your character, I recommend that you stay with Human. If you have an idea for a character that doesn't fit any of these races, just ask me and see if it'll fly. I'm pretty open, I just don't really want a group walking down the streets that's filled with lots of horned inhuman creatures.

~Character~

Name: Full name, or only what you want to be called by.

Gender: I don't want to have to check between your characters' legs myself. You tell me, and save me all the mental scarring, please.

Age: You can give an exact age, or just a general one (early, mid, or late [decade]) if you want to.

Race: Again, you should probably stick with Human unless it's a significant part of your character. Don't pick half-demon just because it's cool, and don't pick part-faerie just because you wanna be a pretty princess.

Appearance: I know you know what you're doing, but try to cover at least: hair color and length, eye color, height, build, and any distinguishing features. Facial descriptions are good. Mouth? Chin? Nose? Cheekbones? Eyebrows? I dunno, you're the one writing this thing. Clothing can go here too, if you like. You can post a picture, but that's optional and it won't be a substitute for a written description.

Personality: Try to be a little more specific than just a few adjectives. Playing with stereotypes can be fun, but only if they're well done, and you can't do something well if you can't describe it using at least several sentences. If you put "strong and silent" I will probably trap you in a genie's lamp and force a little character development into play.

Abilities: I don't just want you to cut and paste a DnD class here and be done with it, nor does this need to be limited to combat. How will your character be useful to the story? Dual-wielding rascal? Scholar of the ages? Fragile fireball-farting female? Give me something here.

History: Sorry, but no laziness here. You don't have to give me a five-hundred page autobiography, but I do want to know where your character is from, what his or her experience has been so far, and most importantly, I want to know motives. There's a reason your character is here, and I want to know what that reason is.

Equipment: Just important stuff, please. Clothing can go in the Appearance bit up above. Got any important family heirlooms? Twelve-foot long sword? (I sure hope you don't.) Post anything you think I should know about.
(I know that when I make lists I always forget something, so if you see anything I've left out, please feel free to correct it in your character profile. Thanks.

Last edited by The Mighty Fluffball on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

The Red Tide Empty The Bestiary

Post by Fluff Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:06 pm

This is a sort of compilation of the sort of creatures you might encounter over the course of the story. It can and will be edited and changed to make room for new pretties. Like I said, you guys are creating this world as much as I am, and I give you full license to throw in whatever Nasty McNast springs to mind.

Demonic Hordes

Manhounds - Manhounds are the footsoldiers of the demon hordes. Seven feet tall, they have the heads of vicious giant jackals. They stand upright, but their legs are the hind legs of a massive dog. They have opposable thumbs, three fingers, and strong blunts claws for fingernails. Their bodies are covered with fur, and they have no tails. They typically wield exotic weaponry, from reverse-axes to three-headed flails to double-ended spears.

Half-snakes - Half-snakes are the feared destroyers of the Wastelands. They resemble huge pythons, several feet in diameter and growing to become as long as a sailing barge. All along the length of their bodies grow many clawed legs, so that they are more like giant serpent-headed centipedes than anything else. You may find one of these accompanying several hundred manhounds.

Nagaken - Named after the god of sight, Gaka, Nagaken are not technically demons. They are a humanoid race from the mountains of the Northern Empire, akin to trolls. They appear as huge humans taller than manhounds, but lack eyes, noses, or mouths. The bone structure of humans is still present, however, including a mobile jaw. They bear a fierce hatred for the northerners, and are loyal and dangerous members of the demonic army.

Wraiths - Despite their name, wraiths are nothing like ghosts. They are possibly the most human-like of the demons, and by that virtue the most intelligent. They resemble deathly-pale humans, and are always seen with a billowing, tattered cloak. Their eyes are never seen, constantly shrouded by the shadow of their hoods. They are very potent mages, and if you find that the shadows are suddenly taking life and ripping the members of your party to quivering pieces, you may be sure that there are wraiths nearby. They are also proficient swordsmen, and their thin blades are a weapon to be feared.

Winged Lizards

Dragons - Dragons come in many shapes and sizes. The smallest are the size of a pony, and the biggest are longer than a large ship. All of them breathe fire. Some shape-changers can transform into a small dragon.

Drakes - Drakes are close relatives of dragons. They are a deep, glittering blue, and generally grow no more than thirty feet long. They are the result of an arcane experiment, and instead of breathing fire, their breath is cold enough to freeze, and a human standing directly in the path of a forceful exhalation will be turned into a ice statue.

Wyverns - Wyverns are a much smaller relative species of dragons. They only have two legs, and from the nose to tail they grow twelve to sixteen feet long. While their skin is scaly and their wings are bat-like, they often grow a mane of feathers, multicolored as a parrot's. Their saliva is poisonous, and a strong bite can prove fatal within days if not treated.

Beasts of the Land

Wargs - Wargs are giant wolves, growing to the size of a small horse. They terrorize the countryside, and the Golden Order is constantly sending small groups of knights to eliminate packs.

Snakes - In a world where magic can rend the earth and conjure lightning bolts, snakes can be a serious hazard. Naturally, the mundane variant are common enough. However, every once in a while a larger, more dangerous variant will emerge. Pythons, burrowing sandsnakes, twenty-foot-long cobras, and ever more dangerous hybrids roam the lands to hunt the unwary. I hear they particularly like planes...

Monsters - There are many dark crevices in the world, and more often than not those crevices are occupied. Insane half-demons, magically summoned hellspawn, or twisted results of horrible experiments are all very real and very dangerous. If you see a shadow moving between the trees, chances are it isn't your imagination.

Vampires - Vampires are very real in this world. However, as elegant as they may choose to appear, they have no human urges. They are drawn inexplicably to members of the opposite sex, but there is no lust in their undead hearts, only an unnatural thirst for blood. They may appear human, but they are monsters of the foulest kind. Most vampires cannot pass in the human world, and the closest they ever come to mortal society is residing in their vast, crumbling mansions-on-a-hill.

Werewolves - Werewolves are only barely defined as beasts. In truth, they can be many things. Some werewolves are in fact very skilled shape-changers with a great affinity for the moon. Others are humans who go transform and go on a berserk killing frenzy at the sight of the full moon. Some change back to their human form when the full moon is gone. Others are stuck as bestial abominations forever.

Undead - Like werewolves, the undead are not really beasts. The classification of the undead really depends on the power and effort of the necromancer. It is possible, given the proper target and many painstaking rituals and personalized charms, to take the body of the recently deceased and reanimate it into a fully sentient, very physically powerful being. However, unless an immense effort is undertaken, the bodies animated by necromancy are nothing more than mindless shells serving the will of their master or, if their master sets them free or is killed, attacking humans on sight. Their appearance is also subject to the skill and inclination of their animator. Skeletons may shrug off their flesh to fight with disjointed bones, or corpses may rise zombie-like and try to chow down on your brain. Sometimes, particularly cursed bodies may become something greater...

Ghouls - A ghoul is a particularly dangerous type of undead, caused by an intentional curse laid on a fresh-dead body--or bodies--by powerful dark magic. They appear as emaciated corpses with glowing red eyes inside empty eye-sockets, literally nothing but skin and bone, the skin darkened to an ebony shade by age and the curse. Their fingers are clawed, the last joint having grown out another six inches to a razor-sharp point, breaking through the skin. As part of the ritual of the curse, the body's tongue is ripped out with the curse-maker's bare hand, and the teeth bashed out with a brick to be replaced with a single shark's tooth. The tooth takes root of its own volition, and within a month the mouth is literally filled with shark's teeth, making the bite of a ghoul something to be feared.

Djinn - Djinn are ethereal creatures with no physical affect upon the material world or Netherworld, and only a moderate influence on the Ethereal Realms. They are much like ghosts, but completely invisible whether they wish to be or not, and without any human history. They cannot speak in any recognizable form, nor have they any individual names--one djinni is much the same as another--but they can be directed, and they have the capacity to psychically share their memories with other beings. They have little individual will, and their intelligence only extends so far as following orders, but they do remember it when they are abused, and will at times take a crude sort of mute vengeance by delivering a compromising vision their tormentor's enemies. They are often summoned and used as spies, for their immaterial forms can pass through any mortal substance. Djinn cannot be seen except with the aid of very, very specific spells, and so they only one who can sense a djinni is one who has intentionally prepared to do so.

Sentient Races

Humans - Durable, resourceful, and diverse, humans are the biggest and strongest of the sentient races.

Fey - Also known as Faeries, the Fey are a race of miniature winged people. All of them possess powerful innate magic unique to their race. The Fey are remarkably beautiful to human eyes, and are not easily trifled with.

Demonic Human - The greater the proportion of demon blood in a child, the greater the chance it will be stillborn. Very, very few half-and-half babies survive, but every once in a blue moon, you might run across a human whose eyes are just a little strange...

Fey Human - Many of the Fey have ways of changing their size, or shrinking a human down to their own size. Naturally, affairs and even unions do occur, however rare they may be. Humans with Fey blood are extremely beautiful, slender, and often possess a strong magical gift.

Humanoid Demon - Many demons are barely sentient. Manhounds, for example, must always be commanded by a more intelligent member of the horde. However, as a general rule, the more human a demon appears, the greater its intelligent. A sentient demon trapped in the mortal world must always be excruciatingly cautious, for discovery would mean a slow and painful death.

Characters

Kyzra

Last edited by The Mighty Fluffball on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Red Tide Empty Re: The Red Tide

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 pm

YAY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Red Tide Sadness_grey_by_mandyreinmuth

Name: Eternity / "Etern"

Race: Undead

Appearance: With her cloak, she can shift in height, but without it Eternity stands about 5'7. Her skin is pale, with tints of blue, black lines marking over it. Her figure itself is lean and strong, and tells that she has a great strength to her. Or at least, a great will. Her body is wrapped in black thread-like tattoos that shift along her skin. They wrap around her neck and drape scarcely over her shoulders. They droop over her breasts and tangle around her stomach. It seems that they are most abundant over her thighs and over her breasts, and they all connect in the center of her chest, where a black seven-point star lays. Along her stomach and chest is a large scar, obvious for surgical removal of the organs. It is etched with the stitching of her odd arcane thread tattoos and is a faded blue color.
-
Above the shoulders though, she is even more to be marveled at. A lot of her humanoid basics have been lost to time and death. Her skin has no color except for a pale tint of blue along her eyelids. Her irises are now a smooth milky white- though her pupil is still a pitch black. Her lashes extend beautifully, with black at their bases and silver as they raise. Just as her eyebrows and hair. The eyebrows are thin, and silvery in appearance. Just as her hair, which though feels like soft wavy silk, looks like metal. It reflects the colors of her environment, and each strand is like a little mirror. When she has her cloak hood up, it appears as though her hair is black with silver tips, and when it is down, it usually appears silver with black tips. Her lips are full and soft, bow-shapen and smooth with blue/violet coloring. Her nose is slender with an almost sharp point, very feminine and smooth though. Her cheekbones are somewhat raised and her overall face foretells a distant beauty. Maybe a human could see that in her now, in her desolate state. But until she is human again, she shall hide beneath a cloak of black magic, and wait for her day of reckoning...

Personality: Because of her sorrow and constant pain, she prefers to be alone. Easily, she can come off as angry or envious of the living, and as well- tempered. But Eternity takes the blame for her own behaviors, knowing well and why she acts the way she does. When she eases her hard ways around others, they can notice the disturbances with her mind. She does not eat nor drinks, for it only agitates her hunger and thirst, and she lusts for men but dares not to touch them- knowing that the satisfaction she would gain would never be enough. Her kindness is always open though, and to be undead, she is widely appreciative and open-minded to others. Though she was once naive, Eternity is now wise and complex, and analytical beyond human years. She takes everything into account, and rarely lets a slip of mind occur.

Abilities:
-Her dark cloak shrouds her form. Instead of being a real ''cloak'', it is composed of dark magic. It seems to always be in motion of some sort, shifting or blowing, as if its own being. It hides her form with no part, and its hood will not move from her head unless she bids it to. This cloak can also allow her to shift shape, but not greatly. She can appear to be a lanky ten feet tall, or she can appear to be only a foot high.
-The dark strings over her body, those wild curse marks, are both damning yet useful. They can roll down her arms, over her body even, and leap forth. By doing so, they can latch onto and possibly ''devour'' enemies, strangling/restraining them. But to do so causes great pain. You see, these strings are attached to Eternity's heart, thus when she uses them in battle (or something else), they pull at her chest, where they dive inside (the seven-point star), and inside, they strangle her barely human heart. Thus, when she uses these, it feels as though she is dying all over again.

History: Long ago, in the small city-state of Turan (a city-state surrounded by woodland areas in the central/midwest space of the continent), there lived a young woman. She was a Mage of the Arcane, but she was not a bad person. She was good, and only learning of the magics of the dark art. Her name was Nova Esquire.
-
Nova was a powerful and gorgeous young woman, with a curious touch to her mind. She loved the people of her place, and made a great promise to help protect the city-state. But in her playing with the dark arts, did she one day decide to do a summoning. She wanted to call forth a beast called Orgas to protect Turan. But her naive nature, and inability to thoroughly summon, instead drew forth a rage-filled monster. And that beast did not protect Turan, but instead destroyed it...
-
The Priests of Turan, as well as the Magicians' Circle, came forth to her, taking her into their confines. She was to be punished for her cruelty as soon as she herself damned the beast back to the Wastelands. And once that was done, she was given two options.
Nova could either be damned to her afterlife, one in the Wastelands with the beast she had tried to bring forth. Or...
She could live eternally, as an Undead, until she was able to repent for her sin.
-
Of course she took the second option, but knew not the consequences that came with it. For she was cursed, and strung up. Bled out, and cut open. She was desecrated, and lined with the long black hairs of a powerful young male Necromancer. And she knew soon the path she had taken. As she was released, and fell to her knees in the light of day, her skin no longer sweet and tan, but cold and pale, and her hair no longer auburn, but instead silver as a witch's mirror; she heard the Priest tell her.
"The curse shall haunt you til the world crumbles, lest you release yourself with repentance.
For your food shall have no taste.
Your hunger cannot be fed.
Your thirst shall not be quenched.
Your lust will not be satisfied.
And your longing will never end."

-
From there, she left. Her dark magic was still with her, but just barely. She wandered, trying to find those she loved. But her lover did not recognize her, and thus he cast her out of home. And her mother found her a bewitching demon, and thus could not take her in. So Nova left, hiding her name and life. And she began a new one... If you could call such a life...
-
223 years have passed, and she has forgotten much of her real life. Only the pain remains as a woman- now who goes by either ''Eternity'' or just "Etern"- wanders the world, trying to do her bidding in good, to return to a life she destroyed so long ago...

Equipment:
-Dark Magic Cloak
-(1) Leather-handled Dagger
-(1) Leather bound war Whip
-(1) Broken Masquerade mask [black]
-(2) Vials of Human Blood

Last edited by Eternity on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Name: Valus Carberrin Xerius III (The Argent Fox)

Age: Age Unknown, appears to be in his mid 50's - early 60's

Race: Human

Appearance: Ht: 6'2" * Wt: 188 * Hair: Silver/White, worn long, but tied back with a leather cord * Eyes: Pale Grey * Build: Wiry - long limbed * Features: Weathered face with prominent nose and brow, jawline is slightly pointed and is almost perpetually covered by a shadow of a long drooping mustache. (Also silver/white in color.) Valus wears a full length grey hooded cloak over undyed sandsilk breeches and tunic.

Personality: Valus has an extremely high opinion of his abilities (in some things, rightly so.) and by extension he will come off to strangers as being aloof at best and egomaniacal at worst. He is completely cynical about almost anything that is not cash or fame related, though, he is also a trained and talented actor, so should the appearance of kindness seems to be in his best interest, he will be more than willing to play any part. His only real soft spots are for his children, (of which there are 32 that he is aware of, and many more that he suspects.) and his quest, which he is beginning to despair of ever acheiving.

Abilities: The Argent Fox is Valus' stage name, he is an exceptionally talented actor who is also skilled as a singer and can play a number of instruments. He has a frighteningly perfect memory, this applies to hearing new songs or stories, it usually only takes one telling and the Argent Fox can repeat the story nearly exactly, including inflections and accents. Over 45 years of roaming the country and sleeping in bushes he has also learned to defend himself rather well, he is a master knife thrower (Which he uses as part of his act at times.) and is nearly at master level with his light Bo-Staff/Walking stick. Valus has at one time or another had light training with Medium Swords and Axes.

History:
-Youth: Though the story alters with each telling, Valus was born about 60 years ago to a travelling show somewhere on the northern plains. The boy was raised to be a showman, and he proved to be a natural. When he was 19, the troupe visited a small fishing town called Rhi'At and there his life took a tragic turn. The villagers accused them of kidnapping two missing children of the town. All of Valus' people were killed that day by the raging mob. Valus was left for dead, but crawled away as the camp and wagons burned.
-Mid-Life: For the next 20 years Valus wandered around the continent, always moving on, never growing attached, he never wanted for work, and making money came easily to someone with his talents. One day he rode into the remains of a small fishing village, and it took him only a few moments to realize that it was Rhi'At. Standing in the middle of the square was an old woman, wearing a tattered robe and leaning on a staff. She was a Soul-Eater, behind her eyes could be seen the pleading faces of those whom she had taken to feed her power. She teased him in the voice of his mother, of Eann the girl that he had loved, then she spoke in the voice of the village children, the two that his people had been accused of taking. He attacked the woman again, in rage - but with a flick of her hand he was launched away. She then began to speak: "Valus" Her voice sounded as though hundreds were speaking, "You may spare them this eternal agony, you must only capture for me 10 spirits of Magri - demonkin." She handed him a small blue stone on a chain and said. "Be swift, child of man."
-Elder Years: Over the years Valus has seen little beyond stories of stories that the Magri still exist, or even ever did. Now he no longer feels anything resembling hope of success, but still carries around the blue stone. A year ago, while entertaining at an earls castle on the desert frontier Valus heard a story from a Golden Knight of a sighting in Iarad, and some sparkle of hope renewed as he rode for the great city without taking the earls payment for the show.

Equipment:
-Bo Staff - doubles as a walking staff
-Brace of 5 throwing knives, worn bandolier style across his chest.
-Bleakstone: worn on a silver chain around his neck, the witch told Valus that this stone was needed to seal away the souls that she would trade for those of his family, Valus often questions if there are any magical properties at all, but cannot force himself to throw it away.
-Horse - Tribus, a brown stallion with white markings. Tribus has been with the Argent Fox for over a dozen years, and was a gift from a southern duke for a particularly entertaining show. The horse shows an unwavering loyalty to Valus.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:13 pm

OKAY.

So far we've got an old guy and a dead chick. This looks epic already Razz
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 pm

BUMP!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Give me a damn minute, this takes a while.

[GM character moved to Bestiary.]

Last edited by The Mighty Fluffball on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm

WHEN CAN WE START
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Iunno. Spectre and Heyseuss said they'd be coming around.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:28 pm

GAH
I'm gonna' go PM them or something soon...
GRARH!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:29 pm

The starting IC post is largely written already. I can't start at the drop of a hat, but if you rolled it down a hill or something, that would probably be enough time.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Name: Vann Kosu
Race: Human
Appearance: Vann stands at 5 feet, weighs 100 lbs. He ha the darkest black hair one could have. It is short not yet covering his ears and running down to the top of his neck. He is extremely scrawnny, but in his small size he is naturally very fast and agile. The only distinguishing feature he has is a set of scars. They run symetrically under each of his eyes from the middle of his nose up to his hairline.
Personality: Vann lives for adventure. The more his adrenaline pumps the better he likes it. He tends to have a bad temper at times but usually he's pretty laid back.
Abilities: Vann has trained his mind and body since he was four years old. Mainly training his agility, his speed and ability to dodge attacks is often seen as inhuman. A mage he befriended as a child helped him learn support type magic. Said magic helps amplify strength, agility, magical power, and endurance to many attacks, to both him and those around him that he wishes to aid. Unforunately he isn't very strong (even with his spells) but he's not completely useless on the battlefield without his magic. The only other magic he knows allows him to create poision (and the antidote) but not as an attack it just fills up something like a jar for example. He uses that very poision in his weapons.
History: Vann grew up in an orphanage for most of his life. At the age of four he tried to run from the orphanage but instead found a couple that brought him back. They made him a deal to keep him safe. He stayed there and in return they would teach him to survive. They taught him both magic and physically trained him. Sadly they passed on when Vann was 18. They gave all their possestions to him and he has been living in their house since.
Equipment:
2, 8 in. Daggers complete with leather handles and sheathes.
A set of 36 throwing knives with the capacity to hold poision, complete with two cases worn on his legs to hold 18 throwing knives in each.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 pm

'ey sorry haha. i can't always post several times a day xD

my character will be up as soon as possible. which really means anytime within the next 5 to 10 hours. I intend to create a [looks over other characters] female. maybe neutral alliances, rogue-type. maybe something to be able to balance out Fluff's 18 year old character. though i doubt the knowledge of my character will influence the first post.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:42 pm

No sweat, I just thought I'd wait for you. Hah, this is turning into an RP where every character is a rogue. ^_^
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm

this roleplay already sounds amazing. And it hasn't even started yet...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:17 pm

If this group is the 'good' guys...
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Yeah this sounds like a blast.
So is everything okay with my character?

The next part is due to boredom and my appreciation for the literate peoplje on this site.

It's nice knowing you won't have to see crap like the example below here.

"Teh boy ran down teh hill and killed teh man and got blood evrywere and the girl yelled and the boy stabbed the other man ((Usually being someone else's character)) in the arm and teh boy lafed as the man scrmed in pain."

There was a roleplay I was in one time that had someone who posted like that (godmodding and all) all the time. I just wanted to punch them in the face and correct the various errors in the sentence. Then punch them in the face once more. It was so bad I ended up dropping out.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:22 pm

LOL.

A dead chick.
An old guy.
Fluff... I'm just going to draw a blank here... __________________
A venomous rogue.
And all we know thus far about Spectre's character, is that it has ''female'' equipment.

And yes Magix.
Very good point.
XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:24 pm

Eternity wrote:LOL.

A dead chick.
An old guy.
Fluff... I'm just going to draw a blank here... __________________
A venomous rogue.
And all we know thus far about Spectre's character, is that it has ''female'' equipment.

And yes Magix.
Very good point.
XD

Maybe Disfigured Sociopath?
...and from this group that is a compliment. Devil
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm

lol. I like.

Kyzra has been promoted to "Disfigured Sociopath"
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Oh sh--

Yeah, your character is okay. At first I thought it was way too short, then I realized that it was just single-spaced. -_- Go me.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Double posted because I'm the GM:

Yes, he is a disfigured sociopath. He also JUST WANTS HIS MOMMY.

Also: I am a very mean GM. If you're lagging behind, I will drop a hornet's nest under your horse's tail, and you'll be lucky not to break your neck. If the ground is at a crossroads and is taking a RL week to decide which way to go, I will send a rampaging dragon with laser eyes to chase you down the left fork, which will not be the nice easy path. Godmodding invariably results in a "no you didn't, you took a swing, fell on your ass, and started crying like a little bitch."

Yes, you're sort of good-guy-ish. The whole point of the way I specifically designed Kyzra just now was so that he could take on a whole group of players and not get his ass kicked in five seconds flat.

If you're up for a challenge, feel free to make a Gold Knight. That's the character Kyzra will be hating on the most, without a doubt.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 pm

And now we have menstrual GM.

Just kidding Fluffy loves.

I CAN'T WAIT TO BEGIN.

P.S.- that hat, Fluffy, is almost to the bottom of the hill. And it's still rolling, but it's got to stop soon.
(IC IC IC IC IC IC)
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I like to wait for people. I'm nice that way.

Oh, fine, I'll go find it.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 pm

YAY
I'll PM Heysuess about making his character LOL
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Okay thanks

A hornets nest under my horse's tail... What if I'm not riding a horse?
Talk about a pain in the ass...
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Heysuess = PMed.

Eternity = Impatient bitchy moderator. XD lolz.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:03 pm

What does Magix = ?

Sure just leave me out of everything....
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 pm

*pats you on the back*

Well then. Magix, you can be my personal buddy. You see, Fluff got his title, "Sexy Kiwi" From me.

What would you like to be lovey?
teeheeheeeee...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magix Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:21 pm

I'm still hurt
Not even a pat on the back will fix it.
Name me what you wish. Who knows if it'll... *begins to cry while speaking the next few words* ...cheer me up.
Magix
Magix
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: