FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gothic/Dystopian Interest Check

4 posters

Go down

Gothic/Dystopian Interest Check Empty Gothic/Dystopian Interest Check

Post by Koi in the River Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:52 pm

WARNING: This is a near-copy-paste from one of my previous interest checks on a different forum.

Okay, so I'm in sort of a gloomy mood, and this happens to be a recurring thought that comes into mind whenever I'm in such a mood.

So here's the deal: I'm looking for a DEEP, THOUGHT-PROVOKING, LITERATE role play with a group of people who aren't illiterate, simplistic in character creation, or just so lazy that they have to copy all of their writing from a mixture of random animes they've seen in their lifetime. If you're one of those people, please navigate away from this thread before you become more offended than you probably already are. If you're not one of those people, welcome! Smile

Since one of my Gothic-style RPs has already been hijacked by hormonally-driven mediocre authors, I'm going to try again. Here goes everything:

I'm basically thinking of setting the RP in a Olden-Times *slightly* fantasy land, which will include a castle run/owned by some twisted duke/duchess/monarch/patriarch, who happens to have a special power of some sort to where anyone who is brought to the castle as a worker, guard, servant, etc. is bound to it for the rest of eternity, since the ruler somehow feeds off of the life of the people around him/her. That's why they continue to stay in power. The plot, of course, is open for discussion, so don't be afraid to ask any questions because I don't really know how this will turn out either.

...I can't help but feel this will somehow involve vampires.
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Location : Atlanta, Georgia, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth

Back to top Go down

Gothic/Dystopian Interest Check Empty Re: Gothic/Dystopian Interest Check

Post by Damion "The Shadow" Fowl Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:07 am

That feeling might be due to the fact that the ruler of the castle/estate was described as one who bounds their servants to the forever and "feeds" off their life force A.K.A. a vampire. Well you have my intrest. We can talk more about plot and characters soon, when I get my lap top fixed.
Damion
Damion "The Shadow" Fowl
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm in. :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:12 pm

It actually has a bit of a 'Ravenloft' feel to it already. (Which makes me want to be involved.)
I am interested, though I am truly terrified that FOG is stealing my lifeforce and I soon will be able to do nothing beside type and drink Diet Mt. Dew.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koi in the River Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist