FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Out of Time:

2 posters

Go down

Running Out of Time: Empty Running Out of Time:

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Running Out Of Time

Running Out of Time: 41-1

In this world, we have long forgotten magic as to be just old folklore and good material for movies and novels. But no, it can't exist...
But it does. Just not like how many people remember it.
Living, there is a dying race of people, born with the symbol of a Roman Clock on the back of their necks. This symbol is that of a Time-Weaver. Time-Weavers are people born with the ability to weave time, to stop it, jump through it, rewind it. Their only rules is that the past cannot be changed, only reviewed. And the future cannot be warned, only foreseen. But these rules- they can be broken... And at their expense comes great consequence...

~XXX~

In the prospering young city that lingers around Mt. Airy, Mayberry, lives a young girl. Her name is Kristen and she is 18, and she is pretty normal- as far as normal goes.

Kristen's great grandmother just died. Though she didn't know her, she feels with this happening comes on something strange. But it's more than just her death- it's a ring given to her from the will. This ring contains a special power to entreat it's wearer to the gifts of a Time-Weaver. But Kristen knows not of this, so she keeps the ring locked away...

Upon one time of it's use, she ends up magnifying herself outwards, allowing another Time-Weaver to sense her existence. And from there, this Time-Weaver comes forth- to teach and prepare, as a legend begins to unfold, and the sins of Kristen's great grandmother- a Shade- are passed to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLOT-

You are a male Time-Weaver. You can be of whatever era you please- jump to the present from medieval days if I care. Make it interesting.

You sense a new power being born. This power is Kristen, as she absorbs the power of Time locked into her great grandmother's ring. And so, in wondering of the oncoming danger, you seek her out.

As the story progresses, you realize that most of the world's troubles are secretly being caused by another set of Time-Weavers with dark inhibitions. Now it's time to stop them, before a new world rises up from the soon-to-be ashes of this one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TERMINOLOGY:

Time-Weaver- A person born with the ability to bend and shift through time. This allows many abilities, and is only blessed upon a certain few. Time-Weavers are well-kept secrets from the world. Time-Weavers can be from the past, present, or future.

Roman Clock- A roman numeral clock, usually seen in a tattoo-like form on the back of the neck, only for Time-Weavers.
Running Out of Time: Roman_10

Shades / Shades of Time- [Shade(s) = person belonging to the group / Shades of Time = group] A group/person belonging to such, that seeks a total cleansing of the Earth to create a monarchical rule held by the True Bloods of the group.

True Bloods- Time-Weavers born of two other Time-Weavers. True Bloods are more powerful, and have powers that stretch beyond normal lengths.

- - - - -

Time-Weaver abilities:

- - !! No ability can be used when being attacked, or in any kind of strenuous activity. You have to be calm, and in control of yourself !! - -

-Stopping Time
-Reversing Time
-Fast-forwarding Time
-Jumping Back (going to the past)
-Jumping Forward (going to the future- what you see is not always right)
-Weapon Call (calls a specific weapon that you hide in the rift of time; allows you to make your weapon appear)

True-Blood abilities

-Stopping Time
-Reversing Time
-Fast-forwarding Time
-Jumping Back (going to the past)
-Jumping Forward (going to the future- what you see is not always right)
-Weapon Call (calls a specific weapon that you hide in the rift of time; allows you to make your weapon appear)
*Cast Age (can touch a still victim and drain the youth from them, allowing immortality or the lack of aging)
*Dream Pursuit (can jump into a person's dreams to warn or haunt them)
*Weaponry Construction (allows you to create whatever weapon you please from the rift of time; Time weapons have attributes, and can do specifics as well as damage. Ex: a weapon that freezes its victim in time when attacked)
*Pure Teleportation (allows them to jump effortlessly to a place, instead of usually freezing time and then traveling to given 'place')
*Soul Connect (can bind two people, making them more powerful; but in this process, those two given people can become great targets to Shades)
*Sacrifice (in the act of death, can a True Blood sacrifice their pure True Blood power into a Time-Weaver. This must be willed, and cannot be 'taken' or 'forced')

Pick your abilities Time-Weaver.

Remember, you will not be strong in all areas, but instead will strengthen over time.
Be from whatever time era you please, this is very creatively open for your character.
CLOSED <3

Last edited by Eternity on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Running Out of Time: Empty Re: Running Out of Time:

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I'll be honest, I copy and pasted this from WordPad, so I haven't actually sat here today and added to this. So I want to better summarize the plot for anyone who's interested.

--

When Kristen inherits her great grandmother's ring, she begins to learn of a great danger. First off, her grandmother was an infamous True Blood Shade, who sacrificed her power into a ring for her great grandchild to carry on. When Kristen finds this ring, she is early on with only the Time Weaver abilities (by nature, which the ring unlocks with her). But over time, with the help of another, does she realize that the ring goes much deeper.

But the Shades of Time are haunting her, seeking her out. They want this ring back, to regain the power of one of their most powerful True Bloods. If this ring falls into their hands, they will have the final power needed to launch an attack called "The Dead Hour". But in this adventure, comes many many unfathomable secrets that can change a person's heart, either for the better or for the worst.

Will the Shades of Time be stopped; can two lone strangers hone a power untold, and call upon a long forgotten power to do so?
Or will darkness reign as time itself is left in shattered pieces as the world is corrupt?
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:25 pm

AH!!!! This SOUNDS COOL!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ok, It's probably going to take me a day or two to get a profiled character sheet up and ready but I want to jump on this first and call dibs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

can I?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:32 pm

sure!
lol :3

As we progress, we will be wielding multiple characters.
I'm gonna' start making small character sheets for some of my Side characters, as well as Kristen.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Absolutely, extra characters = totally there.

How many and what kind are we looking at? I'd like to take a couple badies, and a few normal folks from different times too in order to round out the action Very Happy

Does the Time-Weaving gene go in families? And clarification: would Kristen have been a time weaver anyway? without the ring?
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Yes, Kristen is a Time-Weaver anyways, but never realized it, or never knew it.
Now, the Time-Weaving Gene does go in families. True-Bloods only occur in families that have never bred with normal humans.
Time-Weavers are usually people who have one normal parent and one Time-Weaving parent, or two Time-Weaving parents that lead back into humans somewhere (like maybe a human grandma or grandpa).

and you can have a few good side characters, I will Wink
TALKING ABOUT CHARACTERS <3

Running Out of Time: Avirl

Kristen Jane Lorrel
Race: Time-Weaver

Personality: Kristen is a timid young woman, keeping usually to herself. She despises the usual style and way of girls around Mayberry, and thus seems to stick out. She feels as though she doesn't belong, and seeks something greater. After her grandmother died, she finds that strange feelings are pulling at her, and feels even more so that she is drawn to a ring left behind for her.

Running Out of Time: Beenie10

Jo'manik "Black Joe/ Joe" Hastiti

Personality: Black Joe is a powerful man born and bred in Jamaica. He's strong in character and body, and has a great nature for protection. He fights for the better good, keeping his soft humor and fatherly nature intact. He's a Time-Weaver working to protect a great secret, and has decided to find Kristen and protect her, at all costs- but from a distance.

Running Out of Time: Asian_10

Risa Nakashi/ "The Oracle"
Race: Oracle/ Seer of the Future

Personality: A quite and far-too enigmatic girl. She is constantly trapped between two worlds, seeing both the present and the constant shift with the future. She is innocent at times, but it is far too easily seen that this innocence is a lie of sorts. She is being held by the Shades of Time, meant to find the Ring of the Romans.

Running Out of Time: Man_by10

Leonardo "Leo" Estral
Race: True-Blood

Personality: Stern and enigmatic, Leo is a Shade. He is mysterious and dark, and seems to have an aura of anger or disgust about him at all times. Only one thing seems to appeal to him, and that is the Ring of the Romans, and soon the young woman who wears it. He will not stop until everything is his.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:42 am

Also curious: can there be good True-bloods? and do I get to play any badies?

And how much leeway to I have in building the Time-Weaver's organization? is there one? is it guild-ish with most in and some out (jedi-y?)?

Benedict
Running Out of Time: Benedict

Personality/Bio: Ben grew up towards the end of the Roman empire, watching it fall to shreds. His family had always been well off, if slightly out of the way. They also seemed to roll well with the times, buying when the prices were low and moving somewhere just before the prices skyrocketed and the section became the most popular in the city. One day someone came for them and at 11 Ben began to learn about Time-Weaving from his father. He learned fast but the Shades were fast too and fairly soon his father was killed. Ben continued to Weave and eventually met two of his decedents in modern day Peru, trekking the Andes. Twins: Verylia and Kiran.

Verylia
Running Out of Time: Verylia

Race: Human
Personality/Bio: Verylia is a traveler and an experimenter. Like her brother. Unlike Kiran she's not a Weaver though she's aware of his abilities. The two of them are travelers, trying to avoid the other Time Weavers. The others tried to pressure Kiran to leave Verylia and concentrate on their tasks. The bond between the siblings is very strong.

Kiran
Running Out of Time: Kiran

Race: Time Weaver

Personality/Bio: Kiran is loyal to his sister. He loves adventure. If there is a road not traveled that is the one he will take. He speaks spanish and a little Korean. He doesn't like to be labeled or bound by anything. Freedom is a big deal for him.

Raymond Park

Running Out of Time: 0508-lee-jun-ki

Race: Human
Time: Current
Job: Reporter

Personality/Bio: Ray met Verylia and Kiran two years previously and was intrigued. He did some research and realized that Kiran was about a year ahead of how old he should be. Ray has a theory, which he hasn't told anyone at work, but he's researching more and following the twin's progress trying to figure it out. He thinks they might have figured out how to teleport or time travel or something.

Suzette Nestra

Running Out of Time: SuzetteNestra

Race: Time Weaver

Personality/Bio: A Weaver in the (guild--maybe) who's after the Shades. She's one of those who pushed for Kiran to let his sister alone and devote full efforts to helping the guild catch the Shades.

((sorry for the shorts, trying to get them up fast, I'll come back and edit with more details a little later))
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am

The Time-Weaving organization will be born as the roleplay moves forward, so we will both be constructing it.

And go ahead and make a few badies if you like. As well, there are good True-Bloods, but since the birth of the Shades of Time, they have decided to lay low (great power draws other Time-Weavers).
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 am

awesome sauce.

Ok: last question for now--did you have a basic plot idea in mind? I.E. first they have to meet up and then they need to get to point x then the shades have to figure it out etc like a basic vague line?

ooh and I'm having a conflict, I don't know who to send to find her: Ben or Kiran -.- any preferences??

what do you think of the journalist? usable? yes/no?

and anything else you need from me before we get started?? Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:40 am

HM Well character choice is up to you.

NOW.

My starting plot line:

She'll be at her house, and she accidentally unleashes the rings power, first in time-weaver magic, but secondly in a True-Blood magic that leads to tragedy. The True-Blood magic will be the powerful burst that alerts your time weaver, or whatnot.

After that, a Shade will be coming, and they will have to flee. From there, we'll have to find a safe haven, until they meet Black Joe and so on and so forth. I have a plan, basically, it's just long and stretched out.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:13 am

Just for a reference, in the first post I mention a cat named Buddha.

This be him :3

Running Out of Time: Candy%20prebath%201
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 am

IC is made and up Very Happy

Running Out of Time
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 am

OH and the Journalist is very usable Very Happy
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:32 am

BOMB!!! Very Happy

I just got in from the airport and read the post. I will be posting in the morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy BOOYAH!!! that is awesome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*excited* . . .

and awesome kitty by the by, good name choice. I wrote a short story with a dog named Buddha Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 am

lol well glad you're back! Can't wait to get this thing rolling!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Here's a small character that will be in my next post.

Running Out of Time: Korean-kwon-sang-woo
Name: Ruko Jon Woo
Other: Apart of the Shades of Time.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content