FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay?

5 posters

Go down

Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay? Empty Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay?

Post by Inerio Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:02 pm

They had told the public that it was a contained outbreak of a mild case of rabies. What a lie. Leaked videos and photos of the infected clearly showed that we were dealing with something far more serious than a mild case of rabies. However, a month or two passed and people forgot about the clip. They moved on to other news like who that pretty blond heiress was dating or the president's health care plan. No one thought of the outbreak, because no one wanted to acknowledge the nightmare that was to come.

Then, it happened. One minute you were in the supermarket trying to find Wheaties and the next minute you were standing in a parking lot full of infected. Upon seeing just what the infected were doing to poor and innocent bystanders the public made a new word for them. Zombies. Now, the government had tried its very best to assure us that we weren't in the midst of a zombie outbreak. But, between the viral videos on the net and the horror which we were exposed to in real life the truth couldn't have been any more clear. We were indeed in the midst of a zombie outbreak, and there was little that we could do to stay alive.

In about a month anarchy began. No one wanted to listen to the authorities, because it seemed that they led more people to doom than salvation. No place was safe either. Hospitals, military bases, and shopping malls all had their fair share of the undead. A persons best bet was to flee to the country, but that also meant being the victim of a large pack of feral zombies. We've all been trying to stay alive in fear of becoming lunch. We were once at the top of the food chain and I can only imagine that pride is what keeps us going.

New was spread via radio, and many nights were spend huddled up in a corner of a well barricaded room with the radio on. The news was usually dismal accounts of what new major city had fallen prey to the undead. However, recently newer stories have begun to accumulate. Stories of a smarter breed of the undead began, a missing link between us and them. Reportedly the man can walk amongst the undead undetected, and think and speak coherently just like a human. Apparently he looks just like one of us too, which makes the fact that he hungers for human flesh that much more unsettling.

So, here's the deal guys.
I want to do a zombie roleplay. However, most zombie roleplays are redundant for the plot is basically the same. Oh no a zombie! Kill! Argue amongst themselves, and then the whole thing dies because people on other roleplay sites never finish what they start.
So, I wanted to do something a tad different.The stories main plot will be the struggle between a man fighting his zombie urges while trying to lead a small group of humans to safety. On their tail is the government who wants to use the missing link man to find a cure to the outbreak. What will happen? Will the hybrid snap and eat his companions alive? Will they turn to the government for help? Will they ever find a cure? Does he even want to be cured?

Well, I'd love to answer these questions but the roleplay has yet to start. So, post if your interested.

Last edited by Inerio on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay? Empty Re: Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay?

Post by Ehoron Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Zombie roleplays are always fun, as long as you focus on the survival part and not the "BOOM HEADSHOT!" part.
Ehoron
Ehoron
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay? Empty Re: Slightly Different Zombie Roleplay?

Post by Kaito Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Uh just for information, there's the World War Z zombie RP just starting and it's one open slot left. You can still join if you want to, no one will hold you from starting your own one, though.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Well, this one is more on the social aspect of a functioning zombie. How he'll interact with other humans and if he can keep his sanity in the world around him.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:15 am

Inerio, I reckon you should still consider taking this up. I might be able to join.

Oh and also, you could add more complications such as an evolving virus, a religious cult and possibly some crazy people in there...

Just saying, although I know you're in control, these Zombie games crash and burn because there isn't enough going on in them. (Nothing to do with WWZ by the way).
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:35 am

Don't you guys think an evolving virus is kind of redundant? Resident Evil did that, I think it's better to come up with your own type of zombie and stick with it.

I did have an idea for a zombie RP, it involved everyone being part of a military special assault unit that was dispatched to a small town to investigate the local populace disappearing. The zombies in this RP wouldn't have some evolving virus, but instead would follow a different route. Zombies wouldn't mutate into larger creatures or anything like that but over time they would retain most or all of their former intelligence. Think about it, a freshly made zombie is pretty stupid, clumsy, and slow. So having them grow more intelligent and physically strong over time would suggest they would be much different than your normal and typical zombie.

I just think that going an original direction with zombies or something that sounds fresh would be better. I just think staying away from a Resident Evil approach towards the zombie virus would be advisable. I know those games and movies are popular to a lot of people, but I do think it would show a little more originality in having something you can actually call.. your idea.

Maybe the virus wouldn't mutate but the infected people could mutate after feeding on others to gain fresh DNA, tissue, flesh, etc. The zombie could even evolve from eating animals and stuff like that to further mutate their body, gain intelligence, physical strength, etc. You don't need a virus to evolve on its own to offer the chance of fighting against a mutating enemy. Just the virus mutating by itself is pretty redundant and linear.

As for a storyline, you could structure it in a Mission by Mission. Survival is what zombie RPs, games, etc. should be about and not so much about splattering the wall with as many zombie guts as possible. So you could start the story out in a small town, a major city, a college university, military base, etc.

Generally when I create an RP, I think of the three things that every story should have in it: a beginning, a middle, and an end. Not saying this formula should apply to your RP but it could give that push to get the ideas gears turning inside everyone's head.

-------

Ok, question time. I wouldn't ask if I wasn't interested enough in joining.

Now your story idea is cool, but how do you think someone turning into a zombie is going to fight his urges? A zombie is just a reanimated dead body after all. Also, I realize that you want the main story to have a zombie/human hybrid, but how is that really going to work? Zombies crave human flesh, humans need to eat human food. I don't think a zombie could eat human food and maintain his or her 'life' off of that. So I'm a little confused on how a hybrid would work. Just seems.. impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

I like the moral/ethical side of things.

Also: "28 Months Later".

That's all I'm saying.

*Steps back and waits for Inerio*
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:36 pm

That's how I see it too. TK, you aren't quite understanding the premise. Or, hell, maybe you are. The whole point of the RP is less action and more human interaction. It's not so much a super powered virus as it is a man with a "possible immunity" who may(or may not) be able to beat the virus.

The hybrid would be a slow moving process. Something in between. The more human he is, the less flesh he craves. Though, the slower he descents into being a zombie the more inhuman he'd become. My zombies are more of an "infected on contact(ie. bitten)" type as opposed to reanimated corpses. The only mutation would be turning into a zombie. No extra appendages, no super speed, just being dead.

I may or may not make it though. There's already a zombie RP and I'm not sure quite how many people (aside from you Howler) would join.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:10 pm

You know I'm always up for a different kind of rp Fudge. Very Happy
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:26 pm

I do understand you want human interaction, but ask yourself this: what gives people a reason to join the RP?

You say less action. How much is that exactly? Human interaction alone won't keep things moving, have to have action, direction, purpose, etc. Just cause there is another zombie RP on the site doesn't mean you shouldn't run with your own idea. There has to be something unique about your zombie RP that there isn't in your typical one.

I really am not sure how much action you actually are intending to be in the RP. From time to time a zombie encounter is needed. Maybe even an infestation breaking out in a major city. How much action is there? Just trying to help.

Generally, the more unique the RP is.. the more likely people will join. I'm sure all of us can help you figure something out, even if a lot of us aren't going to join or even if all of us do join. I always like reading a good zombie RP, even if I'm not in it. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Howler Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:53 am

I'm still up for this. Gather around 5 people and you've got yourself a motley crew.
Howler
Howler
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:01 pm

@Squall-That's why I love you brownie. XD

There will be action, of course, but a lot of RPs focus too much on it. Which, honestly, bores me to tears. There will be the stumbling across the occasional stray, being discovered by a horde, and everything else that usually goes hand in hand with legions of the undead. Just not in excess.

I'll probably, maybe, start writing an intro for the OOC. I'm on vacation so I don't exactly have the time right now.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down