FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix

Go down

Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix Empty Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix

Post by Kate Orchix Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am

Last edited by Kate Orchix on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix Empty Re: Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix

Post by Kate Orchix Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 am

Concepts and Ideas: Kate Orchix Deucalion

Genre: SciFi/Horror/Survival/Thriller

In-Game Information:

A Brief History:

Ever since the twenty-second century, space travel had become a commodity. At first, not everyone could afford to sight-see among the stars or pay for insurance if their flight was to somehow become incapacitated while on a trip. However, it wasn’t long before others than just the wealthy members of Earth’s society flew among the stars.

In 2263 A.D., humanity gained access to ‘Jump’. Jump is simply the name used to describe the idea of ‘jumping’ through space at incredible speeds. It’s hard for people to understand, and even the people of higher educations who do understand have difficulty explaining it to normal people. Most people, therefore, treated it with some suspicion when scientists and engineers introduced ‘Jump’ as a new and exotic way of traveling through the stars instead of taking weeks (if not months) to travel to nearby planets such as Mars.

Jump had a habit of moving objects through space too quickly – to the point where ships were vanishing into stars because there was no way to tell where those stars were in time to avoid them. Some very clever people eventually came up with a ‘Phasing Drive’, a complicated machine that harnessed dark energy and used it to ‘phase’ objects in and out of molecular existence. After extensive testing, the Phasing Drive was combined with a Jump engine and the ability to safely travel through space was finally given to humanity in 2789 A.D.

The Phasing Drive was later proven to be less of a ‘phasing’ device, but rather a device that sent the objects within a Phasing Drive’s grasp into a different dimension for a short time. The dimension of ‘Jump’ is nothing to be afraid of. There is practically nothing there, and there are so many layers to the dimension that the risk of two ships in Jump colliding is all but impossible.

Jumpers are men and women who brave the possibility of death each and every day as they map routes among the stars. Even with Phasing Drives, Jumping would still be dangerous if not for Jumpers mapping out where stars and planets were located. The Universal Association of Jumpers (UAoJ) was initiated back in 2322 A.D. and still exists even today.

Over the next two centuries, space travel rapidly advanced. Planets beyond the known galaxy were named, terra-formed, and colonized. Space travel became so common that owning a ship or cruiser was a bit like owning a boat back in the twenty-first century. The first known pirate attacks were reported during the 2810’s, and several freighter companies were started up to transport people across the galaxy. One of the more influential and galaxy-spanning of these companies is Orbitus, a company catering mostly to the common people making their way from planet-to-planet.

Concerning Aliens

Spoiler:

Synopsis:

The year is now 2864 A.D. We, the passengers and crew of an Orbitus freighter, are travelling from one of the outer-rim worlds, Castor, to Earth. Our reasons are different, our paths not connected in the slightest… until our ship is attacked by pirates and the crew are forced to send the Orbitus 815 into a blind Jump.

Coming out of the Jump, the Orbitus 815 is drawn into a jungle planet’s gravity well. Only a few get to the escape pods and fewer who are left on board when the ship crashes planetside survive.

The Planet’s Occupants

Spoiler:

Orbitus 815 (And Other Details About the Crash)

Spoiler:

General Info:

This roleplay is a sandbox roleplay - basically, once we get past the intro and crash planet-side, we're free to do whatever we want to, within reason. I will not force you or herd you about, or railroad you, or whatever you want it to call it. If there's a dragon, I won't make you fight it - your character can go halfway across the world and work as a waitress, instead, for all I mind! However, there are no dragons or bars here in this case, so... both would be highly unlikely to run across.

Since this is a sandbox roleplay and I have no real control over how the plot will go, I ask that you act respectfully and realistically in your interactions within the roleplay. I will set down the environment in which we are moving through, so you may have to refer to me quite a bit if you're planning to wander off on your own, but that is hopefully all you will have to rely on me for.

Please follow all Forum Rules, refrain from heated discussions in the OOC thread, and attempt to get along with other forum members as best you can. Posts have to be at least three paragraphs and at least twenty sentences in length. Proper grammar is a must. Please do not use any font colors or changes in font or text size if you can.

Work together! This means being polite, open to compromise, and communicative with other members. To get anywhere in this plot, we’re going to have to work together – both in Out of Character, and In-Character, but more so the former. Using the chatbox and private messaging to discuss plot and character ideas with others is just as awesome as chatting about them in the OOC.

Your character has no access to the OOC thread, remember! They don’t know what’s going on in our fiendish little minds, and have no clue of the thoughts of people around them unless specified otherwise.

Please refrain from taking over anyone’s main character(s) or owned NPCs without their permission. God-modding is a pure and simple no. NPCs will play a major role in this roleplay and may be used by all players - unless you wish to 'own' one, in that case you must state here in the OOC the character you are claiming, or creating. There will be a lot of survivors, so if your main character dies and you wish to keep playing, you can pick up the story with one of these nameless, 'faceless' characters.

Even though this is a sandbox roleplay, you're still in my world. Any character you meet in the wilderness who was not a survivor of the crash, for example, has to have been approved by me before they enter the game. You cannot create alien species, alien beasts, or any other such thing. You cannot randomly make a faction and decide they have been on the planet since, like forever, or send help from civilized space to your character or anyone else's.

Character Sheet Stuff: (See below for template.)

You can make up your own homeworld - it doesn't matter where in the galaxy it is, seeing as you probably won't be going back there any time soon. You can make it as large as you want, both in size and population, can create any industries you wish for it, and any history if you really feel like going into detail - most of these details are just given so others can take a gander at your CS and know what to refer to in-game if your character ever mentions where they are from.

If you don't feel like briefly making your character a homeworld, feel free to choose either Castor or Earth as your homeworld. Earth is terribly overpopulated and is filled with skyscrapers, grey buildings, and hardly any green. Nations are still separated as they were in the twenty-first century, but most of the smaller countries have been swallowed up by the larger. They still go by the same names. Earth has no exports to the rest of the universe - except trained personnel and settlers, if they count.

Castor is a planet much larger than Earth, but its population isn't so dense. Castor is a green, lush planet with many lakes and oceans, and is one of the largest agricultural providers. Earth's animals are thriving there, and it would seem so are humans. Castor, despite its size, only has one, massive city where most of the population lives, going also by the same name as the planet its on - Castor City.

As for the rest of the character sheet... name is relatively simple, as is age and gender. Your character can be any age, though I would prefer your main character to be at least older than fourteen. Children characters are definitely allowed, as are elderly. I would suggest you don't make more than one character (including NPCs, unless they're your character's companion on the flight) before we reach the planet's surface. I think the rest is self-explanatory.

Any questions, feel free to throw them at me!
Kate Orchix
Kate Orchix
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down