FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 words to introduce myself

+5
Bird of Hermes
Dax
Lord Revan
Sólrökr
ocho
9 posters

Go down

8 words to introduce myself Empty 8 words to introduce myself

Post by ocho Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:43 pm

"Hello fellow gamers. I'm excited to be here."

Okay, so eight words isn't enough for me. Trying to correlate my username to a specific meaning has apparently failed me. Eight is not my favorite number (but not my least! So, we're off to a good start!); I (unfortunately) am not fluent in Spanish; I don't play poker; and, I most certainly am older than eight years. Ocho just sounds nice, doesn't it?

OCHO!

...ocho...

Well, here's hoping.

I'm truly excited to be here. FOG (<< Look at me using abbreviations like I know my way around...don't be fooled.), to me, has a great advantage by being GORGEOUS. The font, the layout, the background, OH MY! This is obviously what caught my attention first. Second, the fact that this site is designed for the advanced, the seasoned, and the know-what-they're-doingers comforts me.

I have, in fact, enjoyed RPing for years now. However, since I am new to this site, I just beg for understanding. This site probably runs tremendously different than I've been accustomed to. I will happily follow suit to any guidelines or rules, just steer me in the right direction. Smile

Most importantly, I'm ready to write!

ocho
ocho
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

8 words to introduce myself Empty Re: 8 words to introduce myself

Post by Sólrökr Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Welcome, Acht.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Weclome to FoG, Ocho! Well if you are truly ready to write you have come to the perfect place. FoG loves new writers, and is a great place to meet and learn from others.

My name is Marc, and I am one of the OOC mods here, so if you have any questions or need any help feel free to contact myself or any of the other staff and we will be glad to help you.

Enjoy your stay!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Benvenudo, Ocho! (Is that how we say 'welcome' in spanish?... I don't know)
In my case, I can say BIENVENUE to FoG!

I am one of your every so friendly IC Moderators, Dax! Don't hesitate to ask me any questions, and the same goes for the rest of our lovely staff and all of our awesome members. We are quite the helpful bunch! Nod

So, I have agree with you: Ocho sounds pretty cool. And, as with anyone with cool names, they are unquestionably awesome. I already know you will fit riiiight in here with the mists of FoG and its resident soul nibblers.... docile(?) spirits. Razz

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you on the boards, Ocho! cheers
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Greetings, Ocho!

8 words to introduce myself Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you have a pleasant stay here at FOG.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Well Hermes has pointed you in the right direction(s) if you're looking for details on rules & regs, and you've already seen that we have moderators for the two main branches of the board (out-of-character and in-character). So, FoG isn't that different in its setup in comparison to other boards, actually. What does separate us, as you've already pointed out, is the fact that we... well... know what we're doing. xD

We appreciate your compliments on the layout and design. You have Fate Foretold and Axiom Awaits to thank for the aesthetics. The design was their vision and doing.

Anywho, I should probably introduce myself now. I'm The Ghost Writer - FoG's own librarian, Illusive Man, and one of the Global Moderators. If you have any questions concerning the entirety of the site, then the GM's and Admins are the people you want to go to. Anything that requires expertise in a matter can be directed towards the IC and OOC moderators. That's what they're there for! Very Happy

Hope you have fun here at FoG!

-Ghost
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ocho Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Such quick and congenial welcomes here. Thanks everybody! Very Happy I feel so comfortable and informed. I'll just make myself at home.

ocho
ocho
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:37 am

Like the matching avatar and sig set, by the way. Is that you?
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Soul nibblers? Hark! I hear my cue! Twisted Evil

NOM NOM NOM

Oh wait...I need to welcome him first, don't I...? Oops! Razz

Um...uh...welcome to FoG, Ocho! I do so enjoy the number 8, as it was my soccer number in high school. I think we shall get along famously! No worries, we are more than happy to help new members find their way in our land of swirling mists. Hermes has provided most of the links you'll need, but by all means feel free to ask if you have any questions. Any of us staff members would be delighted to help!

Enjoy your stay! And...guard your soul... Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Bienvenido. I remember that one at least. ^_^
*looks it up* Yeah. ^_^

Welcome to the FOG, Ocho! cheers
New people raring to write is always awesome!
It's great that our relatively new visual upgrade impresses other people as much as it impresses us. Clap

Looks like you've gotten most of the welcomes already, so I'll just wish you a most intriguing frolic through our mistical (spelling difference intentional) wonderland.
So welcome again, happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Welcome to FoG, ocho!

You seem like an interesting and an amusing person. FoG is really a great place to be. I've always liked the way Fate and Axiom have worked on the layouts over the time that FoG has existed, but this latest layout definitely blows me away. I love it, too!

You'll find that we're an understanding lot, and if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down