FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars meets Earth RP

5 posters

Go down

Star Wars meets Earth RP Empty Star Wars meets Earth RP

Post by Dax Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok, so with the new MMORPG game coming out, Star Wars: The Old Republic or SW:TOR, I have been pretty interested in the SW universe lately.

So basically it would involve a plan by the Republic (good guys, Jedi’s, etc.) gone wrong , the Empire finding out (The Sith Empire, baddies, sith, etc.), both arriving on earth to try and get control of the Star system, planet and the humans on it, but there is a massive twist that happens that will force the sith and the jedi to work together very grudgingly to overcome a new and very powerful enemy that has been planning their entrance into the galaxy for centuries.

Ok, here is the new info:
So the basic idea is this. The Galactic Republic has been the dominant power in the known galaxy for several millennia’s, or since its creation. Through its unchallenged supremacy, it has explored and charted many star systems, one of them being Sol who has nine planets orbiting it, including a small blue planet called Earth. The Galactic Republic, especially its humans, has taken notice to this planet and its primitive human inhabitants that seem to have evolved separately to the Republic’s humans. They have decided to keep watch from afar on the planet, studying it for purely academicals reasons, preferring to watch it evolve independently.

After a few years of unfettered research and observation, the Sith Empire, thanks to its feared intelligence agency, learnt of this untouched planet and thought up a scheme. If they could get to this ‘Earth’, establish contact with these innocent humans and annex them to the Empire, they would gain a new, potentially enormously powerful ally and a large inflow of soldiers and resources. The Empire as a consequence has sent some Sith lords to the planet to prepare the terrain for its fleets.

The Republic has not taken lightly to this aggressive move by the Empire. In retaliation, the Republic has sent Jedi Knights to the planet to eliminate the Sith lords and end the menace. Both sides have unfortunately made their presence known to the Earth humans and some humans have decided to be more friendly towards the Republic, others the Empire. The world governments still stay officially neutral.

Once on planet, the hunt begins, but something more sinister awaits, taking both the Jedi, the Sith and the Earth humans by surprise and may threaten the entire galaxy…

You can play as someone from the Empire, Republic or even a human.

If I get any interest at all, I will post up a crap ton more of information so that you guys know what you’re getting into, but first I gotta know: any of you interested? Need about 3-5 people.

Last edited by Dax on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Star Wars meets Earth RP Empty Re: Star Wars meets Earth RP

Post by Ruu Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:03 pm

~Oooh, I'd be interested! This sounds awesome!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Good to have you, Ruu!

I just posted up more back story in the OP.

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:18 pm

The question is, are these earthlings capable of force adept-ery?
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruu Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:19 pm

~Looks even better! I definitely think I'd want a Jedi spot!
Ruu
Ruu
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:19 pm

The rule would be 'yes', which is why there are 'wizards' in ancient human lore, but they would be rare and not very good at it.

But yes, it is very possible.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Midochlorians can equalize that. With enough power one doesn't necessarily have to worry about skill.
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:23 pm

That's true, but what I mean is that they won't have that much knowledge in the Force to start with.

Having humans discover new aspects of the Force as the RP goes is pretty much ideal.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 pm

I think the proper term for 'humans' as you're using them would probably be earthlings or terrans. Razz
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 am

Actually no. In Star Wars Humans are Humans. It's their race. So people from Earth would still be called Humans.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Alright, so I am going to post up the OOC shortly. Smile

As for the naming contreversy here, it is correct (according to Wookipedia), to name them after their planet (such as the Naboo people), but only if it has already been noted that they are humans. So the way to name these humans would be: Earthen Humans.

Then again, that is simply deduction from a 'kipedia' page, so it may be wobbly...

Edit: OOC up
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Red_Wolf Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:04 pm

I may join. I will make a character sometime soon but even if I get my character up and you start the roleplay, don't wait on me.
Red_Wolf
Red_Wolf
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down