FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern

+3
Count
Raspeyer
Delve
7 posters

Go down

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern Empty Ricochet: Traveling Tavern

Post by Delve Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern Ricochet
Ricochet was created as a home by Zircon and Opal Kyanite who were once powerful Djinn. After the birth of their twin daughters Citrine and Amethyst their home was transformed into a tavern to provide them with riches and advance their use of magic. The Tavern consists of three floors, the first being the main establishment, the second consistng of an infinite number of rooms for guests, and the third is an entire bedroom redesigned by the sisters upon taking ownership of the massive vessel. Its exterior is a vertical fortress that floats over fifty feet from the ground. Ricochet's course is fully controlled by the sisters magical prowess and traverses through multiple dimensions across countless worlds allowing for all kinds of patrons. Another access to the tavern is through gold plated business cards that are embedded with precious gem stones that corresponded to the numbers 1221123. The gem stones are rubbed in the same order which summons a door before the patron that leads to the tavern’s main entrance. Consequently if the order is done incorrectly a false door appears and if opened a creature from the nether world is drawn forth.

Upon entering the tavern the wonderful sound of a harp fills the room which emanates from the corner of the tavern situated under a chandelier of candles, magically playing different songs on its own. The majority of the architecture is oak wood engraved with runes of several colors across the walls, floors, and rafters. Ten round tables that seat six surround the main entrance and along the wall lies a deep green tapestry with gold embroidery that leads to the bar at the farthest wall from the entrance. The shelves behind the bar are filled with colorful bottles of different shapes which mainly serve as a chemistry set for Citrine when concocting new alcoholic drinks. Adjacent to the bar is a set of stairs leading down into the cellar, which is filled with wine barrels and food that is primarily used by enchanted silverware when preparing meals on a full kitchen; the aromas of wine, cheese, and cooked meals would entice anyone who draws near the cellar.

The services provided are drink, food, and board for high paying customers. Transactions are processed through bartering precious items, which are usually personal items or of high value with an extended history. The silverware which bears the same runes as the majority of the tavern correspond to paying customers by serving them endless food and drink until requested to stop; the furniture corresponds the same way such as chairs pulling themselves out from the table to be seated on or the brooms and mops cleaning up messes.

When a room is bartered a unique gold key is given for the door at the top of the stairs behind the bar. Each key corresponds to its own room, and upon inserting the key to the door it instantly changes to the customer's ideal room; which can only be accessed by one key. The same door is used for all the rooms and never repeats, the possibilities are boundless. Anyone who opens the door without a key will only find a brick wall behind the door.

In the instance that bar fight breaks out, the patrons involved are automatically transported into a different plane of existence, where the winner earns a special item in the Kyanite sister's collection and the loser is sent to the nether world.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.emery3d.info

Back to top Go down

Ricochet: Traveling Tavern Empty Re: Ricochet: Traveling Tavern

Post by Raspeyer Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 am

Come on everyone! We have some great ideas for this tavern. We have some ideas to invite sparring to the game which will be discussed if we get enough interest. Come help us warm up our roleplaying skills for this forum. Funny Drunk

I'll get my character up tomorrow probably. Will start working on her tonight. Yay midnight writing time.
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Very Happy Joining in a tick. I got your PM, and I must say it's a very interesting and unique idea. I'd be happy to be part of the fun.

Inspiration, of course, must have been drawn from Douglas Adams' Life, the Universe, and Everything, complete with enormous flying party. Send me to the nether realm if I'm not close, mmkay?

Speaking of nether realm...*shudder* I don't like that place. Nothing to count except depressing souls.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:28 pm

All great ideas exists somewhere and nothing is really quite original save for a few changes to the characters and plot but the concept remains the same.

The answer is no. Amazing, isn't it? Raspeyer wanted to do a tavern rp and I proposed the idea of having it be mobile and I got the idea from Howl's moving castle. Then we brain stormed for a week about the specifics, djinn, the collection, and the battle arena.

I am not too familiar with literature since English is my second language. I have a lot to catching up to do. Heh. I'm sure its great, I will look into those works.

Anyway, great that you want to join us! We will be moving along once we get another player interested.

In the meantime you can work out what character you plan on using by posting your character bio here and what item you have in mind to barter that is related to your character. If you need help with that, let me know.

I will be playing Amethyst and I will provide her information ic-wise.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:46 pm

...-_-;; Howl's Moving Castle is somewhat close, I would think.
Count
Count
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raspeyer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:23 pm

A taste of what sort of innkeepers you will be dealing with, kekeke.

Citrine Kyanite
Raspeyer
Raspeyer
Mist
Mist

Female

http://holly.clonestyle.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Undisputed Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Hmmm.....man, there's a LOT going on there! Seems everything and anything is either magical or dangerous (or both, of course)! Ok, few questions then! Are we going to be making our characters some of the random patrons, or as some of the more permanent members of the tavern? Such as a bouncer/guard, bartender, etc? Or is it all ran by those two Djinn and the enchanted items? Oh, and are out character purely human? And last, any hint as to the main story you are wanting this RP to have? It makes it easier to make a character and RP in the direction you want if we know just a little about the main story Razz
Undisputed
Undisputed
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Undisputed wrote:Are we going to be making our characters some of the random patrons, or as some of the more permanent members of the tavern? Such as a bouncer/guard, bartender, etc?

If you want to work as a method of bartering for services it can be done ic-wise to keep it interesting. However, if you feel more comfortable making a character based as an employee before the rp starts you can; be creative as you want to be. :3

Undisputed wrote:Or is it all ran by those two Djinn and the enchanted items? Oh, and are out character purely human?

Initially we planned just to have the sisters run it, but like I said you can create a new character as a major role of the tavern, the rp is yet to start so I can easily add your character in as a part of the introduction to the rp.

Ricochet travels all kinds of worlds so the patrons can be anyone from anywhere. (deamons, vampires, humans, robots etc) You see a floating fortress, you scope it out and find it to be a tavern. Ricochet is everywhere at once and never at the same place--its magic! lol

Undisputed wrote:And last, any hint as to the main story you are wanting this RP to have? It makes it easier to make a character and RP in the direction you want if we know just a little about the main story Razz

Well...this is a casual rp, so there isn't much of a main story other than what other players make it out to be--it's just a place to hang out for those who discover it or know of it, which is why you can either use an existing character from another world or create a new one and implement it into the story ic-wise or ooc-wise.

Its up to you.

Once you figure it out just paste a simple bio here or link to your character archives so we know when to start the rp. If you need feedback of the bio you have in mind, I can help you with that here or PM. :3
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Why not. I have no idea what my character would be in such a thing but probably some random wandering hobo.
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:16 pm

If said hobo has an item worth bartering him to supply him with food and dorm for the rest of his life, do it.

We take souls too, btw.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:21 pm

I suppose a shopping cart would not suffice, would it?
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Unless it was made out of gold and diamonds it would. Just kidding. Unless said shopping cart was passed down to hobos for generations each telling the story of a life of poverty ( which you will need to write out), we'll take it!
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

It probably came from wizmart, honestly.
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi, hello, howdy.

Name: Sar Cathan
Age: Approximately eight-thousand years old. Physically appears around 30.
Race: Human
Height: 6'
Weight: 195 lbs.
Build: Lean but muscular.
Hair: Deep red.
Eyes: Green.
Date of birth: Pre-history. Approximately eighteen years before the Fimbulwinter.
Marital Status: Windower.

Personality: Sar embodies the cold-shoulder. His persona is stiff, unyielding, and coarse, uncaring for the weak of disposition, but shields a simple and warm character. Though he does not care to show it outwardly, he is fatherly, particularly to young men who remind me of his own son, and vehemently protects those that he cares about, when in fatal peril. Through his age, he has experienced many lives, both his own and those of others. He can truly empathize with those in pain, but to his own dislike, begrudges the faint of heart and melodrama. He speaks softly with a slight, but indiscernible, accent. He is in constant search.

Gear: Sar is most generally equipped lightly. His clothes vary depending on the place and space that he occupies, usually attempting to fit in the best that he can, but due to the fact that he does not age, he must eventually move to a new locale. Always adorned at his hip is a sheathed sword, and those who know its name do not remember it for long. Occasionally he is seen wielding a war-hammer, strapped to his back, but it is unusual and sparse that this occurs. He is always seen wearing a necklace with an archaic rendition of a war-hammer.

Tattoos: Upon his left hand, stretched from index-finger to thumb is the word Asgardr. Mirrored on his right is the word Hel. Upon his shoulders, stretching across each shoulder blade is the word MÌmamei∂r.

Abilities: To the naked eye, he is a battle-hardened warrior whom relies heavily on his tools. The true nature of his strength is beyond imagination.

He will barter the sword Laevatein, Surtr's blade that reduced Midgard to ashes. Sar is the rightful owner as he relieved Surtr of the blade shortly there after.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Excellent, just one more bio and we'll be starting the rp, soon! Everyone else quit being lazy or you'll fall behind! Hehe.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sólrökr Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Delve asked me to elaborate on Laevatein.

Speaking concisely, Laevatein, meaning 'damage twig,' is a sword with a past rivaling even Sar's. It is a weapon forged by the legendary smith Völundr, whom is also known for the legendary blades Almace, Curtana, Durandal, Caliburn, and others, this one specifically for the god Freyr's use. Of Freyr's own words, it is a blade that can willfully fight on its own, should the user wield it successfully.

Ironically, this same sword cut its master down. Freyr acquiesced the blade as tribute to the messenger whom aided him in meeting with his betrothed, Gerðr. In this way, the sword made its way into the hands of the fire giant Surtr. Upon the eve of Ragnarok, Freyr was struck down by Laevatein, wielded by Surtr. On that same evening, upon Loki's demise, all of Midgard was set afire by Laevatein and Surtr's combined strength, cleansing it of all gods and humans but two.

The truth behind the legend however is that the blaze itself did not kill Surtr, but Sar that struck down the Jotuhn, and it was not two humans that survived but many, including Sar. The blade has disappeared from history since then.
Sólrökr
Sólrökr
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:50 pm

It will be an excellent item in the sister's collection. Hehe.
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Warr Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 pm

He couldn't remember when the last time he was home. He couldn't even remember when or were home was, though most of the time it seemed like it was either an ancient village on an island somewhere cold, or a modern day city. He knows that he never got to meet his mother. He knows that the clann's religion is nonsense, and that their reliance on the earth mother as a primary means of determining their fate was nonsense. The heroes of old never stood and waited for the gods, they took action. Or was he just a lonely and unfortunate vagabond from the modern era, happy to have a many hours old hamburger sandwich so long as it didn't have too many bites out of it.

Did he spend his days playing games that were nothing more than practice for war, or did he spend his days in school, the silent one whom was more often than not picked on? The past was worth nothing, meant nothing. The only thing that mattered was the food in your stomach, the terrain around you, and the things you could do with it. Victory was never given, it was taken. Victory was to those who seized it.

He was Aed Mac Céad Bua, the fire born of a hundred victories. Born in a time which is beyond his memory, and gifted with birth at the cost of his mother's life. His village was not prosperous, not famous, not much of anything but tenacious and he was born to the clann's ri, its elected chieftain. His father had been a great warrior, and his mother a great beauty born to a great warrior. He was destined for greatness, but upon the night of his birth there was nothing to be done. His mother was given the choice of her own life and her first born child's, and she chose the obvious. The wise women of the village made sure that her son was saved, and were tasked with relaying how much his mother loved him. The only thing she could do before departing was give him a smile, and exclaim what would be his childhood name. His true name, Uisce. Water, which she had exclaimed his eyes were. “Just like water...”
Warr
Warr
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Alright! We have enough to start off on, everyone else can still join ic-wise. I will write my intro post soon and have it up tomorrow.

OOC THREAD IS UP:

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3897-ricochet-traveling-tavern-ooc#93121

Last edited by Delve on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link.)
Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Hail all. I know I'm new, like a day new but was wondering if it it'd be alright if I joined you guys?
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Delve Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Yes, you may! The link to our discussion thread of the rp is here:

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3897-ricochet-traveling-tavern-ooc#93121

The RP for in character posting is here:

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3903-ricochet-traveling-tavern#93212

Feel free to Private Message or message me via AIM or Skype if you need help.

Delve
Delve
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down