FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Fantasy

2 posters

Go down

Dark Fantasy Empty Dark Fantasy

Post by Nicola Christine Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

I would like to do a dark fantasy role-play. Something in a reality similar to Karen Chance, Laurel K Hamilton ... With other words our reality but an imagined secret substructure made up of supernatural individuals. I would like there to be a power struggle in which a human becomes embroiled. Something like a corrupt ruling elite that is being overthrown, a designed illness that threatens the supernatural subgroup, or an extremist group wanting to exterminate them. Admittedly all fairly standard stuff for the genre. I am looking for characters to complement the human - one of the members of any of the paranormal factions, human police.... I am looking for someone who would like to bring in a possible flirtatious element, if the story develops such, but especially a fun element. A possible beginning is below.

Jelena was sitting at her desk staring blearily at her computer screen. The module handbook was not getting thicker, figuratively speaking. When she had arrived here at Guildford House to take the post of assistant professor in political theory only 2 weeks ago she had not anticipated that she would spend virtually every evening in her office until 11 o'clock. But it had been made clear to her very quickly that, as youngest faculty member, she would be serving on each and every minor committee the university administration threw at the department. As a result she had spent most of her last two weeks dealing with the acquisition forms of the library committee, drafting a new code for the equal opportunity committee and attending teaching committee meetings, as she was expected to take that over in the new year. Additionally, her publisher was inquiring into the state of her book and she had not yet told them that it was still closer to PhD format than book format. To be honest, she could have curled up in a corner and cried. This, however, would have required her to shift various boxes of books and papers, as she had not yet found the time to unpack her boxes and fully move into her office. Instead she decided to return her concentration to her computer screen and the reading list she had to compile and check against existing library stock before tomorrow morning.

Before her eyes could cross from tiredness once again her mind went on alert. A creak, it almost sounded like a moan. This is an old building, she admonished her overactive imagination. They creak! However, when considering that a wander into the hall would get her away from her computer for a few minutes, she jumped up with more energy than she thought she could possibly muster in her current state of exhaustion. Her office, situated under the grand stairway was out of the way and, she suspected, had been a broom closet in a previous life. The advantage was that it lead directly into the entrance hall of the main building. The normally well illuminated, beautifully decorated hall lay dark and deserted. Not even the night lights shed any illumination. That was strange. She groped for the light switch which would light the large chandelier. As the soft yellow light chased away the shadows in the hall she stood frozen and shocked. In the middle of the persian mosaic lay the body of a man. Or she assumed it was a man - as there was no head attached to the body she had to draw that conclusion based on clothing style. And we all know how clothing can be deceptive.

Anyone interested?
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Dark Fantasy Empty Re: Dark Fantasy

Post by DarkGoddess Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Do you have any takers? I'm interested if not...
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 am

No takers as yet. I would be very grateful if you would want to play. What kind of character are you thinking off?
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:25 am

I can definitely do a fun character. It's been such a long time since I've had one, I'd be happy to.

What were you thinking with the paranormal structures? Are the paranormal to stay strictly with paranormal jobs, or can they join a human police task force?

Other than that, I'm comfortable playing pretty much anything. I do have a character in mind, he's just a fun guy. He works for the police, spends his free time in bars, at home or at the theatres. He's just a chill guy, doesn't take offense to much, etc. etc. I'm only wondering if I should have him as a cop sent from the paranormal structure in order to keep an eye on the humans and to cover the tracks of other paranormals
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 am

Your character sounds fun. Why should they not join human police force. Or alternatively why would the paranormal elite not want some people in the police force to make sure they know what is going on? So up to you. I normally prefer not to do a character sheet, because I feel it is more natural to "meet" the other characters. But I can do one if you would prefer.
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:10 am

Nah it's fine Smile I've been in quite a few rps that require a character sheet but it's not a fan of mine to do. I do like to have a reference picture, however. I'll probably be looking for one of those. If you don't have one, that's fine though. It's a habit of mine, I guess.
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

I can never find one that looks like the person I am imagining and I am just not good enough a painter to create one. I will have a look and see if I can find something. Anyway, any other comments or suggestions before I make the thread?
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Well unless you want to plan out a slight plot, or just figure it out as we go along. It's up to you Smile

EDIT://

Here's my character's face:
Dark Fantasy 2688155
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 am

I prefer to start and then discuss the possibilities on the side. I always find that what will happen depends so much on the dynamics of the characters that it is better to wait four or five posts before finalising the plot. But if you would prefer a general outline now i was thinking that the dead body turns out to be a vampire (or werewolf) and a colleague of her. Possibly one she hated and therefore feels guilty. The body then disappears and the police ignore her when she asks questions. She ends up cleaning out his office and comes across something important.

What do you think?
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Sure sounds good. I can't wait to get started!
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Same here. I will create the thread forthwith - well after dinner that is Wink
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola Christine Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I started the thread. I called it Dark Fantasy - mainly because I am absolutely rubbish with names.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/t3779-dark-fantasy#90489
Nicola Christine
Nicola Christine
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGoddess Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:03 pm

All right Smile I'll start an OoC thread as well, just so we can continue discussions without spamming the signup forum Razz
DarkGoddess
DarkGoddess
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down