FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 16 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Gadreille Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Daaaang girl what were you wearin????

Feel better, ma'am.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I was wearing a long sleeved, grey shirt, jeans, and Chucks. I wasn't all fancy. My designated driver had way sexier eye make-up than me, too. I don't know wtf it is...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm

It's your luxuriously long locks, awesome body and gorgeous face, that's what!

Now cheer up, you'll feel better in the morning Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:57 pm

So fuck did I do that everyones avoiding me now?

Thats my complaint.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Everyone on FoG, or everyone where you live?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Everyone on FoG, or everyone where you live?

The whole fuckin lot of yez… I'm goin to the Mitcham, yoos got nuttin on me.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Desert Zephyr Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 am

Transporting drunk people is always an unique experience. On the bright side, I can't ignore getting my car cleaned anymore.

Desert Zephyr
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:51 am

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm

I hate being sick. I really, really hate it! I also hate that all my cold/flu medications make it impossible to think in coherent sentences. Ugh! I want to feel better...
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Syrena, I definitely feel you on that one.

I was two days shy of not being sick for an entire year, but on December 30th, I got a sore throat. The next day, I had a runny nose and muscle aches added. The following day, sneezing and coughing were added to that. Now, I have a stuffy nose (not so runny any more), a sore throat, a bad cough, nausea, and a headache. Being sick sucks.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Hm... It doesn't have kiwi fruit in it, right? I think maybe I actually had the Naked Juice form of that stuff when I got sick. I also bought Halls Defense Vitamin C things that look like cough drops but aren't, but they were disgusting, so I hardly ever used them. Mostly, I just drank lots of tea... or rather... I'm still drinking lots of tea because I think I'm still sick.

All of the worst symptoms are gone: fever pain, weakness, headaches (which is weird because I get almost constant headaches when I'm healthy), runny nose, sore throat, painful coughing. All I have left is a cough, but it doesn't hurt... but it still won't go away even thought it's been a little over two weeks. :: sighs ::

How come Stion and Moon left forever?

I complain that my back is killing me. Eight hours on my feet with no break is brutal.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

That sucks... I hate when that happens.

When I was at the store a few minutes ago, I bought it. It doesn't have kiwi. It's not that I don't like kiwi fruit. I think it's delicious. I just happen to be allergic to it, and I haven't been able to eat one or consume anything that contains even a little bit of it without hives and general unpleasantness for over a decade. =(

So I guess... really... I don't think it's delicious. I used to think it was delicious. I don't really remember what it tastes like... I just remember it being my favorite fruit ever for three years until I became allergic. Thanks, Universe!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Most fruit is fine. It's just kiwi fruit. If the juice touches my skin, I get hives. My tongue itches and burns, and my throat swells. It's all so very uncomfortable and itchy, too. I hate that kiwi is so yummy and so healthy because it's so uncomfortable.

Sugar kills your teeth? Like makes them more sensitive? I haven't experienced that, but if I eat too much sugar, it tears up the roof of my mouth. The same goes for cereal.

I complain that I have to work tomorrow morning. It's not a really terrible thing... I just... hate mornings. Waking up early is hard, and I won't get a break during my eight hour shift.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm

I GOT FUKIN C BOX BANNED!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Keith, It'll be okay. You have the rest of the forum and PM's.

Ysopet, that sounds sucktacular. I would be very sad if I couldn't eat sweets... or maybe I'd be super thin, now that I think about it. hahahah

I don't know how that makes sense, either... unless it has something to do with the nerves in your gums/teeth? My wisdom teeth haven't even rooted yet which is weird. Like... most of my friends had theirs dealt with in high school or very soon after, and I'm just over here like... "Yeah... Nothin' yet..."

I hate when that happens. Maybe you could ask about a new direction in the OoC? Maybe someone will be able to offer a good idea?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

I've noticed that sugar, like that from alcohol particularly, makes my teeth super sensitive when I brush them, to the point that it hurts. Also, acid from fruit can slowly erode your enamel over time. I just try to drink a lot of water with both to wash it down and then brush my teeth really well when I get home.

So far I've dodged the bugs going around *knocks on wood*. I'm super careful to wash my hands a lot, not touch around my eyes or tear ducts (easy path for germs to enter the body), eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, and take vitamins. And loooooots of water. I learned my lessons about hydration after having mono.

I complain about just really feeling the pressure about my thesis this semester. It's like no matter how long I stay at the lab and work, I'm not making much progress...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Knifey Keith Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:Keith, It'll be okay. You have the rest of the forum and PM's.

Naw it's all good, I'm not upset. I'm just complaining because I can.
Knifey Keith
Knifey Keith
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm

I've had such a wonderful week that it seems a bit wrong to whine…

But, dear lord, I have done something awful to my back! I feel like I have an ugly, swollen purple bruise covering my lower back. And I can't move! Sitting is currently the least painful activity. Lying down on my bed, walking up and down the stairs—all of that is out of the question.

The worst part is that I have absolutely no idea what I did to cause myself so much pain. I spent a lot of time walking around Disney World and playing Mass Effect while stretched out on the sofa, but I wasn't participating in gymnastics or dance and I didn't even trip over myself. I've had a relatively quiet week.

Yet, here I am rummage through drawers and cabinets looking for painkiller.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

You could have a pinched nerve?

Also, if you pop your back, you could have twisted a muscle.

Another option is that "that time of the month" is coming up. Lower back pain around that time isn't uncommon. Oh! Or you could be sick? I get this really painful, feverish, muscle soreness any time I get sick.

Allergic reactions to things can also cause muscle pain because not all allergic reaction are created equal. For instance, when I eat kiwi fruit, I get itchy hives wherever the juice touches my skin, my tongue burns, and my throat swells... However, when I eat something that has Red Dye (insert number here) in it, I just get a horrible migraine for a day and a half, but I'm allergic to both. Maybe muscle pain can occur with some allergies?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrena Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I've never heard of allergic reactions causing muscle pain. Typically I hear about the migraines, swelling throats, red and watery eyes, and itchy hives. I tend to get hives, like you, when I come across something I don't agree with. Including abrupt changes in weather. (Why I get hives if the weather abruptly changes is beyond me! It's a bit weird.)

But I am starting to think I pulled something or pinched a nerve. My back just feels absolutely dreadful, so I keep sitting at my desk and whining. Although, some of the painkiller seems to be helping and I might try a muscle relaxant before bed.

Someone recommended that I try stretching. I don't think I'm brave enough to try that. Sitting is bad enough. I can't imagine trying to stretch! I'd probably die or curl up into a pathetic, whimpering ball on the floor.
Syrena
Syrena
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 am

You could have an allergy to cold. My friend had that for a while. She had to carry an epi pen with her everywhere, and when she went swimming, she had to give it to the lifeguard on duty because of the abrupt temperature change. She couldn't even ice her jaw when she got her wisdom teeth removed, and she could forget about icing her legs after running (she's a cross country runner). It's apparently not that uncommon. Ever since her hip surgery, it hasn't been a problem for her, though.

Actually, stretching really isn't a bad idea. You could try placing something warm against the affected area right before doing it - or even stretching it while under a stream of hot shower water or in a warm bath. I stretch in the shower all the time. The warm water is really relaxing.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoMalfoy Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm

I'd recommend stretching too, Syrena! I feel like a hypocrite, I have an awfully low pain tolerance and I barely stretch when my muscles ache, but it's not a bad idea. Especially under some hot water, like Kathryn suggests. Hot showers when I'm sore are amazing and relaxing. So that may not be a bad idea. I do hope you get to feeling better soon! I'd rather be bed ridden sick than plagued by muscle pains and the like.

I feel weird complaining about this, but I have a not so secret admirer that's really been getting on my nerves. I'm not "liked" frequently, and, when I am, I'm very casual about it. It doesn't make friendships awkward and it doesn't distort my view of the person. Regardless of whether or not I return the feelings, I'm very comfortable with it...for the most part.

But this guy is driving me nuts. He's calling and texting me constantly, he's written me several notes. He's giving messages to my friends in hopes that they'll pass them on to me. It's suffocating. I've made my lack of interest clear. Several times. I've kindly said no, I've been dodging and ignoring him, my friends have even told him I'm not interested, in a harsher way than I originally did. Yet, he's relentless.

I'm beginning to fear it's borderline harassment. And I'm beginning to hear that he's complaining to people that I've fabricated the entire ordeal. And people believe him. Then, in class, he has the nerve to keep insisting on making conversation with me. It's frustrating. Very frustrating. And, to top it off, a good friend of mine has changed her tune. Apparently, it's my fault I'm harassed because I'm giving him the wrong idea? It's all a giant headache.

My apologies for the long, drawn out rant, but this has been stretching on since November and I'm at my wit's end.
DracoMalfoy
DracoMalfoy
Shadow
Shadow

Male

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1634981/w-allman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Draco, I think it's time you had a heart to heart. Tell him that you don't want anything to do with him, not even friendship because, quite frankly, if he's doing this to you and trying to turn others against you, then his friendship isn't worth it.

Furthermore, I'd just ignore him when he tries to even make casual conversation once he's been blatantly told you want nothing to do with him.

Other than that, I can't think of another solution. The ones that are allowing themselves to be turned against you probably aren't great friends either if they feel that people deserve to be harassed for any reason.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Thing Under The Sink Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Post Human, the book I just finished for the book challenge, almost made me cry. I've already read a book that wasn't to my taste, but it didn't reduce me to the point of physical nausea like this one.

Flat characters, a weak plot, tropes and cliches scattered liberally throughout the prose and a severe lack of research into physics, all culminating in the use of the Almighty Reset Button at the end. On top of that, if I read any of my Pratchett or Lovecraft collection in order to clear the foul taste from my mind, I automatically lose the challenge.

The fact that this remains a self-inflicted malady just makes things that much worse.
The Thing Under The Sink
The Thing Under The Sink
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 am

One of my two best friends is going back to school in Scotland today, and didn't think to tell me. My other best friend keeps making excuses for her, like "oh, she just doesn't remember who she's told and who she hasn't. It's nothing personal" and "she's been hanging out with her other friends. You know she doesn't manage time or friends well."

My other best friend has known when she was leaving for a week, apparently. =/

I shouldn't be upset about this. But thanks to my work schedule, I haven't seen her in weeks. Usually before she goes back to school, we all get together and have a send-off party. Or at least hang out one more time...

I just feel left out right now. It doesn't help that I've been easily roused to anger today, but I've been feeling like this a lot with my friends at home lately. They always want to hang out with each other, and I'm always the one to suggest that we all hang out together. Or to hang out with me at all. It's always been like this and it hasn't bothered me in years, but this year both of my friends at back to school and I'm home because I've graduated and now have a job. So we don't get to hang out often, and it's just...upsetting, I guess, that they never are the ones to say "hey, wanna hang out?"

And then to find out that she's going back up to school today and "forgot" that she didn't tell me, or whatever... Meh. That's all I can say.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 pm

This happened a couple of days ago, and I don't want to be too detailed, but...

It is brash to ask someone to do their job for free for you.

It is downright rude, when upon the person declining, you rant about how you don't understand why they won't do it because their job is so easy.

If that person's job is so easy, you should be doing it yourself and not asking it of them without payment.

A good example of this would be, imagine that you are a helpdesk person. You go and help people fix their computers. It takes time and knowhow. While you are fixing their professional computer, they ask you questions about their personal computer. You state that you cannot offer advice or information on their personal computer. Imagine then the person saying, "Well why not? It's not that hard to fix!"

Yes, this happened to me.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next