FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FOG Role-Play - In need of opinions

+7
Aesalon
Twoface_ecafowT
Igraine
Loki
Kathryn Lacey
Tempest
Fate Flyer
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A FOG Role-Play - In need of opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: A FOG Role-Play - In need of opinions

Post by Gunneh Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Shade battles...sounds like Digimon/Pokemon lol
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

A FOG Role-Play - In need of opinions - Page 3 Empty Re: A FOG Role-Play - In need of opinions

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:13 pm

xD lol Well, kind of, if that's what you wanted to do. Haha.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:16 pm

*Sigh* Every time I see 'Shade' I think it's me, and the I laugh because I know it's about the exciting awesome that is Fate's story... and I can't help but think I'm a lover, not a fighter... Wink
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Laughing Lol I didn't think about that. Aww <3
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:31 pm

All right. I sent the corrected version to you via PM through the site. I hope it sent the entire thing. I don't know if there's a character/size limit for PM's. It was six pages in my Word, so yeah.

I also admit to having thought of Shades of Gray whenever I read the word Shades in the description.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:42 pm

It's because I'm loveable... Aww
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:00 pm

It all sent just fine! Thanks so much, Kathryn! I'm very grateful for your help, and I sent you a PM back. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Awesome-sauce. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Shades Of Gray wrote:It's because I'm loveable... Aww

Obviously, soon everybody will be wanting their own Shade, each with their own power. Hopefully you are up to the task, your post count will be going through the roof once you start posting as the various Shades Razz
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:48 pm

OKAY OKAY.
I'm so excited about this.

UGH.

If someone doesn't make a Caligo roleplay by tonight... well... I'm going to have to throw something together myself Razz
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm not sure what I want to do as far as a character goes. It would be equally as interesting to be a native as it would be to be someone who ended up there after their Air France flight crashed. =3

I was thinking about this last night, and I thought it would be cool to have a character who floated away to the island after the plane crashed, but I don't really know if the crash site was close enough to where the rough location of Caligo is. =\ I really want a shade, too, but I'm pretty sure the mass majority of people are going to have them... so yeah...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm rather interested in RPing this idea.
Hell, I'm already working on a rather detailed character sheet.
:3

I can't wait for something to get started. : D

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm glad you guys are already excited! Very Happy I know I am. ^^

I think it'll be fun to play out other types of characters too, beside the native Caligoans. (I'd personally like to try playing as a Blue Trinity agent.) Well, everyone should have a Shade for their main character, as the main character is Caligoan.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh. I thought there was only room in the character sheet thingy for one character?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 pm

GAH... I can't wait for something to open up. I might make something for us to do with these characters in the morning.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Kathryn, yes, that's right:

Fate Foretold wrote:Every member is allowed one main character, which must be a Caligoan, and unlimited side characters. This main character will be your own persona, in a sense, for FOG. It doesn't have to be a character that is identical to you. On the contrary -- they can be quite the opposite, if you prefer, and they don't even need to be of the same sex. Your main character though will represent you. You can enter your character's profile and information inside the Caligo Character Sheet tab in your Profile link.

XD Aw, Eternity, that's awesome!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Oh jeeze. You can tell I spent more concentration on looking for errors ((of which I don't think there were any in that part)) than absorbing the material. Thanks. I'll definitely have to go through and read everything again.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm

That's fine! I understand that. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:13 am

HAHA! A roleplay for the Caligo section is now UNDERWAY *rubs hands together*

-Runs back to Gunny-
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:08 am

I added a Date of Birth field to a separate fill-in-the-blank box to the age. So, that way, if your character is like mine and really in her hundreds (or thousands), and you need to say "But they actually look around ___ age," it would take up too much space in the Age + Date of Birth line. So, to help clean it up, I separated them. Wink So, you guys will need to edit that in your info, if you've already entered it in.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 pm

EVERYONE RUN FAST TO

Caligo Chronicles: On a Dragonfly's Wings

THE FIRST OFFICIAL FOG RP !!!! XD *passes out*
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 pm

:: still doesn't have a proper character for FoG. :: Sad

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm still working on my character too, but wow, Eternity! Very Happy I love what you did, and that sounds really interesting! I'm going to try and finish working on my character tomorrow. ^^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 am

Lol Gunny helped feed me the will power to write it all up. But I even constructed blueprints of the machine and figured out how it will work, and I've got all kinds of twists and turns waiting for the story line Wink
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:05 am

It looks awesome, Eternity. Like Fate, I need to finish my character[s] today (hopefully), but I can't wait to jump in : )
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 am

So, a little fun information... Smile

The names for the Shades did change from their original versions, as some of you probably noticed. Here is what they were and what they are now:

Grimal --> Grimalkin
Inkaw --> Inklaw
Yowlis --> Bownyte

The word "grimalkin" means a cat, and it is originally derived from Graymalkin, and was first the name of a cat of Nostradamus', and later a witch's cat. A grimalkin is an old or evil-looking she-cat. The term stems from "gray" (the color) plus "malkin", an obsolete term for a cat, derived from the hypocoristic form of the female name Maud. Scottish legend makes reference to the grimalkin as a faery cat which dwells in the highlands.

The Inklaw was a name I just came up with myself for the bird Shade. I wanted it to be very similar to a raven in appearance, and since all Shades are black (minus their one weapon-of-sorts, which is silver), I wanted the name to mean black in some way. Whilst searching for synonyms, I came across the word "ink," and I really liked that. The first name I came up with was Inkaw, combining the words "ink" and "caw," which is obviously the sound birds in the crow family make. It wasn't until I said the name Inkaw outloud (when reading the information to Tony/onenitedrive), that I realized how strange it sounded. So, I began to think more, and Inklaw came to me, which was perfect, since it is, after all, the claws of the bird that are their greatest weapon (except, perhaps, maybe the ability they possess). So, that stuck.

The wolf/dog-like Shade's name was tricky. Original, I called them a Yowlis, obviously using the word "yowl," like a howl. However, this didn't sound all that great, especially since yowling typically refers to a cry of pain. So, thinking further, I came up with a name that could refer very well to what this Shade is. Bow - which can be pronounced as either "boe" or "bow" (like bow-wow), both refer to a dog. When Bow is combined with the "n" in their name, it reads Bown (as in bone). And then the nyte that follows obviously says "night," which is a reference to wolves (and the moon).
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:38 am

I had wondered why you changed the names. That's a really interesting way to go about it. Thanks for clarifying.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:43 am

Sure thing. I realized that just because I understood it didn't mean anyone else did. xD
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:56 am

I added 2 more paragraphs at the end of the Aftermath section.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

So, I was thinking...

What if we made some-sort of mechanic to give our Shades "stats" and "attacks" and in-cooperated dice rolling and have "Shade Battles".

Now. I was thinking something simple, not a massive game like D&D. Something that could be simple and easy to play on a forum that didn't require reading a massive tome to understand.

So, what do you think? I could try and come up with some easy mechanics and rules based on my game experience.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3