FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OoC] Days to Come

+5
Dax
The Ghost Writer
Gadreille
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[OoC] Days to Come - Page 4 Empty Re: [OoC] Days to Come

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm at work on my cell phone right now, so I'll get into this more later, but I just wanted to say that I think you misunderstand. There absolutely cannot be one post per 2 months. You only would have that amount of time since YOUR own last post, not since the last post inside the RP. The goal is to have EVERYONE involved in the RP post within 2 months (not just a single person), so that by the time you are finished reading all the responses, you still have time before your 2 months are up to post a reply yourself.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay, after having a chance to sit down at my computer on break and reread what Kathryn wrote, she pretty much had my original idea down exactly, she just managed to say it in a more understandable way. ^^ Thank you!

So, one round will consist of 2 months. Does that sound good/fair to everybody?
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Yes, that sounds much better. And on another note, I didn't mean to offend anyone or make them feel any more rushed or that they were going to be "kicked". I never want that to happen to any role player, ever. Sorry for sounding like a douche back there, but on the bright side, at least I helped get a clarification across. Haha! XD

EDIT:

On another note: I posted! Confused yet? Shocked? Awed? Gripping the edge of your seat to know more?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! cheers
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Hm... I have a concern, actually...

The Gift from FoG in Caligo wrote:To further increase the bond between the human and Shade soul mates, the spirits of each of themselves were intertwined forever. Where the Shade lives, the human partner can never die. While a Caligoan could be stabbed through the heart, set aflame, or thrown off a cliff, so long as their Shade was alive and well, so, too, would they be. The Shade was their second lifeline.

If you had a plan to not have your character actually be dead, I can totally understand that. I just don't understand why - even as young as the characters are - they wouldn't realize that with his shade still living and just feeling her companion's pain that he wouldn't just be a gonner. After all, I imagine something as major as that would be common knowledge.

Also, I'm pretty sure the shade would feel that her companion was still alive. Humans can lose their shades but not vice versa, and humans are supposed to be able to feel it when their shade is gone. If the human really is dead, that means the shade had to have died either before the companion's death or simultaneously.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Unfortunately, I really don't know how to respond to that without giving away any spoilers. But alas, even saying that is to have said too much. Neutral

Better: all will be explained in due time. study
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:42 am

Alright, well I'm thoroughly confused, I admit. Hmm Surrender I'm sorry.

I just wanted to say that, in order to make this more clear, we will all have 2 months to post since my last post. Since I was the first one to post in the role-play (obviously), we will consider 2 months from then one turn. My last post was on June 24, so by August 24th, everyone should have posted.

I already wrote out 5 bullet points of different things to include in my next post while at work (so I don't forget), so I hope to start on that soon.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

Fate Foretold wrote:Alright, well I'm thoroughly confused, I admit. Hmm Surrender I'm sorry.

You're supposed to be. No one should be looking for an explanation in the OOC right now. Everything is actually thoroughly planned and explained (and has been for the last month)... on my hard drive. Cool

For the time being, I highly advise against having your Caligoan characters jump off a cliff.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 pm

I've been working on my post, but I have a lot of things to cover and a lot in mind for the progression of the RP.

In regards to that, I wanted to bring everyone's attention to a band that is going to start playing at the end of my role-play post. It is essential that, if you intend for your characters to see or catch a glimpse of the Provectus/"god" that has remained on the island, to situate your character(s) toward the back of the crowd gathered in front of the band. You will understand why when I'm finished with my post, but I just wanted to post this now in case anyone else makes a new post before I can finish mine, so that you can prepare to move over in that direction.

The band is a popular local one (local to the capital of Phasmoenia) and will be performing on a stage in front of a dance floor in a pavilion. There will be some seating set up outside the enclosed pavilion (the nose-bleed seats), and a little wiggle room behind those for people to stand and watch, but those people standing (preferably our characters) will be backed up against where the open festival grounds meets the forest.

I'm excited to see where we take this RP! It's fun planning it with you guys.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Finally. Posted. Oh. My. God.

I had absolutely no idea what to write, a massive writers block for more than a month. Hopefully it will get better as we continue. Razz
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Wow, awesome post, Dax! I feel so bad for Arthur. The poor guy sounds so miserable. Hopefully the decision to attend the festival will change around his life some. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:02 pm

I've been working on my post off-and-on few these past few days, and it's going to be another long one, so bare with me. I have all these points to cover. After these next posts, we should be propelled forward in the story in terms of something exciting happening (chasing/finding/perhaps talking with the Provectus).

I also should inform you guys that, because of The Ghost Writer's involvement overseas, he is unable to continue being a part of this role-play with his sufficient lack of time in his deployment. As such, I will be deleting his posts inside the RP, and we will have to forget about G22 and Blue Trinity for now.

Also, I wanted to share with you guys this...

The Caligo Timeline: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/h26-fog-timeline

Axiom will be putting it up in the Caligo information section just as soon as he has time. Some of the credit for creating that goes to Kathryn, as does much of the inspiration. Smile I think this should be helpful in understanding all the events a bit more.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh, thank goodness.

We were in desperate need of a timeline! I can't wait to get accustomed to it.

It's too bad that Ghost Writer has to bail on this; are we just going to do our own thing with Blue Trinity then?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:43 pm

That is too bad about Ghost Writer, but at least he won't have something over which to stress. Real life comes first.

Also, Fate, the time line looks fantastic! I completely forgot that BC counts backward and not forward, so my rough draft of that tiny beginning section was totally off. XD I'm glad you fixed the dates, and I think the way you did it is fantastic!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Awww. Sorry to hear that about Ghost Writer. I was looking forward to some sparing with Blue Trinity.

Thanks for the timeline, Fate. It should be quite useful.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah... this deployment is keeping me from stretching my writing too thin, and I'm going to stick with continuing my own plot at my own pace in G22: Avalon. As far as BT goes with this role play, it's up to Fate, I guess, Ryona. I believe that she's got a plot of her own planned out for this story.

And thanks, Fate, for the timeline, also! I was very hesitant at first to start my own, not wanting to step on anyone's toes. I never do, and I try my best to dodge candle sticks left and right in the process of doing so, but I always knock a few over. At least the timeline in my head for present day wasn't so far off from this new official one.

So long, everyone!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 pm

I know I have to get my post up soon, and I've been working on it for a little while now, but I've been gone for the past 4 days, so now i can get back to it & get it up this week. I'm hoping I can include everything I want to, since it's kind of.necessary, but I may just have to exclude some details.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 am

I hope to have a post up by the end of the week.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

Sounds good. Smile

I was finally able to finish my post last night, so it's up now. It's a bit lengthy, but I had a lot to cover!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Silvone and I will be working on a collaborative post, since it seems to be the only way to get our characters from Lyra's catering tent to where the concert is supposed to be held in one jump. We'll probably get it up tomorrow, and please count it as both our posts.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

That's perfectly fine, Ryona. It's actually really cute/awesome that you guys can write together. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Lol, I'm glad someone in the universe views it as "cute" rather than "dorky" Very Happy

Edit: Well, we got it up. Hopefully it makes you guys laugh Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 am

So, I haven't actually read the last couple of posts because I've been so busy. However, I've started my latest post, and I'm working on reading through the other posts as well. I'll have my post up tomorrow evening!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

lol Aw, Ryona. Definitely cute! Thumbs Up

No problem, Kathryn. We've had kind of a lot going on on FoG lately. I'm pretty excited to see where our role-play goes now, since we all should be meeting up soon and interacting. Very Happy
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

I am very excited for the moment when we get to all meet one another! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm

I'm thinking about joining this if it's not too late.

Also, I haven't read much in the IC aside from the first post and I kinda skimmed though the OOC, but, you say that 2 months is one turn, and that you need 1 post per turn. Does that mean that you can't exceed 1 post in a 2 month period? I can understand going at a slow pace, but 6 posts per year is... too slow in my opinion. I don't expect the rules to be changed for me, but I don't want to join if I'm just going to upset someone wanting to do a collaboration or if I feel like posting after 2-3 weeks.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

I think you can definitely exceed two posts a year. That would just be... a little unrealistic. People have more time at some points during the year than others, so they'll likely want to post more frequently. Plus, there's always the option of joining a fast-paced role-play alongside this one to ensure you get your writing fix.

Okay, so, I suck. I was going to pump out a post the night I said I would, and I'm honestly almost done with it, but partway through, I started feeling less than myself. Lately, I've been feeling kind of like that every so often, and it takes hold of me and makes me not have the will to do much. I've even been having trouble forcing myself to read on these occasions which is really just kind of crazy.

Anyway, I'm almost done with my post. I really just have to attach the end to it where Kaliska makes her way to the back of the crowd to watch the band, and I'll be good! Unless I get busy or emo again, I should have it finished by tonight!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Blade Barrier wrote:I'm thinking about joining this if it's not too late.

Also, I haven't read much in the IC aside from the first post and I kinda skimmed though the OOC, but, you say that 2 months is one turn, and that you need 1 post per turn. Does that mean that you can't exceed 1 post in a 2 month period? I can understand going at a slow pace, but 6 posts per year is... too slow in my opinion. I don't expect the rules to be changed for me, but I don't want to join if I'm just going to upset someone wanting to do a collaboration or if I feel like posting after 2-3 weeks.

Hey, Blade Barrier. Thanks for your interest.

That's right -- one "turn" is equal to 2 months. This means that everyone involved in the role-play must post at least once every 2 months/1 turn. You can post more than once a turn if you feel so inclined to write more, though it probably wouldn't be desired to post three or more times per turn, since obviously as a role-play, this is a collaborative effort, and we need everyone's input to form the story. It won't always be the case that we need to wait 2 months for everyone to post, so probably more often than not, the turns will go by more quickly than that, but that the slowest we can go, if need be.

This is a slower-paced role-play without doubt, but that seems to suit the needs of everyone currently involved. We originally were moving at a faster pace, having one turn equal a month, but that was proving even too quick for people, and I had to agree. While it does mean that we probably won't be able to complete this role-play in a timely manner or accomplish a lot story-wise in a short amount of time, we at least can be reassured that we can be a part of this, regardless of our busy schedules. If this still feels like it would be too slow for you personally, then I do apologize, but you are always welcome to start your own Caligo RP if you wish.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks you two.

I guess I'm use to smaller RPs when there are fewer people and you expect to see some progress by the weeks end. I suppose if there are 8 of us total though, "someone" should be doing something about once a week.

In the end, you're right Kathryn Lacey. If it's too slow, I can always join another RP along side this one. Sadly fate, I don't think starting an RP is an option for me at this point. I tried to start an RP and, although it was a bit experimental, I think most people who saw it just didn't join/make suggestions because I'm too new and have yet to show everyone what I can do. Perhaps when it comes to the point that people don't feel they have to welcome me that they'll take me more seriously.

So what the heck? I'll join. I just want to read the rest of the IC and make a few adjustments to my character's equipment/flavor. I should have a post up sometime this week. the 8th at the very latest. Provided my character checks out okay with everyone.
Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 pm

I know as frustrating as it can be being someone who has more free time and wants to be able to write and role-play at a more usual rate when others involved aren't able to keep up at that pace. I apologize that this role-play is slower than ideal for you, yet at the same time everyone involved, to my knowledge, is pressed for time and can't be involved in this role-play unless it is much more slow moving, myself included.

I'm moving to a new place in a few weeks, and I'm also working until 9:30/10:00 each night, so my schedule alone renders me unable to be involved in any role-play myself on FoG unless it is slow enough for me to be able to keep up, which is why I started this to begin with. I'm in the process of packing and trying to find myself a new job at the place I'm moving to, so like I said, while I understand that most people prefer steadily-moving RPs (and I actually do as well), it's just not always practical. I hope that, since you decided to join us, it won't be too much of a hinderance or problem for you.

I look forward to getting to see you in a role-play. Smile

I'm sorry that you original RP idea seems to not have gone anywhere, though I can't really believe that it is simply because you are new. While it can be tough being "the new guy" anywhere, I'm guess either people are just involved in their own RPs right now, were too busy, or it just wasn't their thing. It always was upsetting for me putting forth a lot of effort and time into making an interest check post on previous message boards I had been a member of and having it not stir any interest with anyone. It's disappointing, but I suppose not every idea will be something people will readily jump on.

Well, like I said, it'll be great to see you in character! I'll get a link up to you and your character's profile on the main post here as well. I'll also read up on your character, and I'm sure they'll be fine. Whenever you're ready and caught up on everything, feel free to get a post up at any time. :]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm glad that you are interested in joining, and that the contest entries piqued your interest in Caligo Smile

I too am in a moving/job fiasco; hopefully soon I can be more active, but right now I am relying on the slower pace to stay involved.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next