FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OoC] Days to Come

+5
Dax
The Ghost Writer
Gadreille
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[OoC] Days to Come - Page 3 Empty Re: [OoC] Days to Come

Post by Gadreille Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it. By the way, I just sent you mine. I wrote it a while ago, but needed to sit on it and make sure nothing needed to be changed. Silvone has his written as well, it just needs to be reviewed and submitted.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Okay, wonderful. Smile I look forward to reading both yours and Silvone's!

Oh, and I also just added in the bolded line in my post for those who have read it already.

After collecting a few native fruits and vegetables, placing them in a carrying compartment aboard the submersible and sticking a few smaller ones inside the pack on his back, he set out, this time in a more purposeful direction, using the little handheld device to navigate as one might as GPS. Though his species was carnivorous, he had the capability of processing the protein and vitamins out of the fruits and vegetables in order to make them edible, giving him another means to feed other than hunting and fishing.

In addition, I was thinking with the Provectus' device going off to signalling the closeness of another similar device, it could be either more Provectus not far from Earth, indicating that they have no, indeed, abandoned the Caligoans completely and have, after many years, returned -- or -- it could be another completely different alien species (who carries such devices), as I believe someone said they were thinking of introducing another type.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Fate, your post looked awesome. I don't want to post again until Ryona has a chance since only the four of us have even posted so far. However, I really do want to keep this game alive, so if too much time passes, I'll go for my second post anyway. This is a really interesting game so far, and it's only going to get more interesting as things progress. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Sorry for not posting. I am catching up on my reading right now. I will most certainly have my post completed by the first.

Once again, I am sorry for holding this venture up - I will aim to be more prompt in the future.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I am also terribly sorry for the delay, and I was just about to post today, but, ironically, today was the day that I have to leave for Berlin.

Does it matter if I get my post up by the 1st or 2nd of July, when I come back? The story could still make sense, because it would fit my character for being late or reluctant to go to public gatherings. Very Happy

Also, forgive my character sheet. It's old and, well... I need to rewrite it when I come back. Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks, Kathryn. ^_^ I'm definitely interested in seeing how this all plays out as well!

No worries, you guys. It's understandable. Life gets in the way sometimes. :] That should be fine, Dax.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I posted, but it was short. I left it open for some character interaction if anyone wants to do that, but its up to you guys. I had hoped Silvone would have posted last night...but he didn't. I'll try and get him to tonight.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 pm

I've read through all of the posts so far and I will work on my post tonight. I have no idea how long it will take me to write, but considering there is very little research and stuff involved, I should be able to pull something off relatively quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 am

I enjoyed that post, Ryona. I like the interaction between mother and daughter. One of the characters could wander in for some food too. :]

Awesome, Silvone. That's fine. Even if you post something short and sweet (that meets the rules) just to stay in the RP, then that works.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:54 am

I was able to read Ryona's post, and I liked it. However, I'm currently sick, and being at the computer sucks for me, so I'll have to wait until I'm better to make my second post. That's fine, though, because it gives Silvone a chance to post before me, too. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 am

That was post was quite a surprise to read, for me. Most role plays nowadays have conflict solely between the protagonist and antagonist characters; caring less to focus on the inner conflicts between family members and friends of the characters. It was quite refreshing to read something new for a change; so, good job Ryona!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Aw, sorry you're feeling sick, Kathryn. Get well soon! Hug This does give Silvone a good chance to post, if he so desires, before the 1st without having to take time to read more new posts.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I feel like I don't have much else to work with but family interactions Very Happy

Silvone works every day, all day, except friday, and friday he might have to drive out of town to sit on a jury for the State Court...so I shall keep bothering him to post in the evenings, but please keep in mind that's really all the time he has to do anything, including but not limited to family time, personal time, chore time, and of course writing Wink

Oh no! Feel better Kathryn!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 pm

That sounds like a busy life! I know how that can be, since I don't get back from work until 10:00 at night. So, it's quite alright if he can't make a post or decides he doesn't want to be a part of this role-play right now, with everything else going on. I don't want him to feel pressured. I was just trying to accommodate him. Smile Like I said, either way is fine and up to him!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

As far as I know, he's determined to stick with this as much as he's able...I just wanted you guys to know he's not purposely dragging you along, a lot of the time when he is home I get in the way of him getting his stuff done, and then I feel bad the next morning when I get on here Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 pm

I have posted! Sorry for the delay, and thank Ryona for it getting done at all Smile

I would have liked to make it longer, but I haven't really had the writing spirit lately, and I am not quite sure how my character is going to fit in with this story. I am kind of going blindly, and we'll see where he ends up...

Anyway, hopefully my next post is a bit better than this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:12 am

I thought your post was perfectly fine, Silvone! The two things I liked the most: 1) It was funny and 2) His instincts about the festival being dangerous may just be on par. Twisted Evil
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 am

Yay, it's great to see you were able to join us, Silvone! And I agree with Agenda. Nod Great opening post! It leaves the reader to wonder just how he'll cope with the entire situation.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 am

I agree with the above sentiments. Just because it's a short post doesn't mean it's not a sweet one. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Ok, I am determined to post today!

Work work work, go go go Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:55 pm

I may not post until Monday because weekends are basically my time with my love, sooo yeah. =3

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm about to throw up the last chapters of Unclassified. I'll have to get those done before my next post or it will be as confusing as ever. Not to worry though, I've got everything pretty much written down, I just need to tie as many loose ends as possible (except for the ones leading into Days to Come, of course), and then I'll be ready to carry on Malek and Aaron.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I may not post until Monday because weekends are basically my time with my love, sooo yeah. =3
Ditto. Aww
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:25 am

Okay, so I was thinking about this today... If you only have a month to post since the last time you post, that isn't a whole lot of time for all the other people in the RP to post during that time frame, since everyone has a month they can wait. So, you could essentially wait almost your entire month just for other people to post and then to read through all the posts, before finally having the time to type up a whole post of your own. It doesn't really seem fair.

Considering this (as it's something that has occurred to me), along with my own limited time as I near my moving date and all the packing I'm now doing (my next whole weekend is going to be devoted to packing and cleaning with Axiom, since people are going to start coming and viewing my condo now), I thought extending the amount of time you have to post to 2 months now. How does this sound to everyone? I figure this allows you not only enough time to simply type up your reply, but enough time for everyone else to get up a post and then for you to read through them all.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:24 am

Lol, I heartily agree. I was wondering why I felt so rushed, glad someone else is feeling it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 am

That sounds fine by me. I'm in a decently paced role play now, so a slower paced one is no problem for me.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:02 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I'm in a decently paced role play now, so a slower paced one is no problem for me.
Shocked Laughing Lol Above ROFL ROFL 2

... I lol'd

*ahem* Back on topic. I'm sure I can manage with that; though I have to say, that slow of a pace might prove to be fatal to this role play. Usually if no one posts for more than a month and a half, I consider a role play officially dead. Poke

60 days for one cycle of posts from 5 people, and part of that is because of reading (which would discourage more follow-up posts to not only expand upon the plot, but also pass time for those waiting for others)... I don't know... I have to admit that I find it hard to understand.
Help
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:30 am

That totally came out wrong. XD I didn't mean that the pace is inadequate... I just meant that because I'm in a role-play that runs at a regular-ish pace, I won't be bored by having to wait a while for posts in this one... >.>;;

Now that I think about it, I think that's a bit of a downside, too. I mean... Let's say that one person posts, then two months later, the next person posts, then two months after that, the next person posts. At a rate like that, with eight players who may or may not take advantage of that, we could wait over a year to go through one round of posts. Maybe if instead of individually people taking one or two months to post, we should make sure that each round only takes that long? If everyone doesn't get a chance to post in round two by the end of two months, then they'll get a chance for round three, you know?

The pace would still be slow, but the role play won't die because of the pace.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 am

Perhaps it is because Fate and I are both in the same position. I will be moving soon, and by the time everyone else had their posts up I had less than a week to get mine up before I was to be "kicked out". I can post faster but it will be of lesser quality. I do agree that the problem is people taking too long after someone else to post. If everyone had one week to post after the next person, it would ensure that we have time to read and think of our own post. The hard part was waiting a month for the other three people to post, then having to read and understand their posts and get my post up before my "kick" date.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:41 am

I recently moved, too, and I was involved in a game in which I completely lost interest once I'd actually moved because I was just spending too much time trying to get adapt to my new situation.

Hm... Everyone having a week after the latest post could be a good way to go about it. The only problem with that is that the first few posts would definitely work, but I'm sure toward the end, three or four people will likely not be able to make it on time because that's how this game seems to be going anyway, you know? I'm sure there's a logical, organized way we can do this, though. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next