FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh meat!

4 posters

Go down

Fresh meat! Empty Fresh meat!

Post by Dr. Martin Hesselius Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:16 am

Yep, newbie here but a tad old in the RPing circuit; I’ve RPed for many years, chat based and fórum alike I’ve also sparred as well but not as much as I’d like. I love writing, I’ve done it since I was 15 and that was a reaaaaaally long time ago; writing keeps my mind busy and it helps me get every single shard of fantasy I have in my head out and take shape, personally I think writing has saved my life a couple of times. I come from an online community which I really don’t want to discuss, the place has changed in a way I no longer find entertaining although I still work there as a moderator; the place gives me the chance to talk to my online friends and reminiscence a few items of the past but as I said before its gone rather dull and I want to improve and continue writing and of course Im getting nowhere in there.

The handle I use is named after a very old char I had, naturally it comes from the real character of Dr. Hesselius which has always intrigued me; since there is no actual description of him I decided to play around with the name and a few silly ideas.

My line of writing is pretty much outlined with horror aspects, Im a big fan of Victorian writers and old European movies, I do enjoy new stuff as well but I tend to go for the oldies. I like comics and games, I do watch anime and read Manga as well, I could go on for pages describing my likings but I’ll leave it as it is otherwise I’ll put everyone here to sleep Razz

I hope I can RP with you guys or enter the sparring area again, I must warn you Im very rusty and might need training; Im sure rules have changed over the years so I guess training will be the wisest course, still I’ll be sure to roleplay as much as I can because I do like being active.

Dr. Martin Hesselius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Fresh meat! Empty Re: Fresh meat!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! I mean... Footsteps of Ghosts. I'm a big fan of horror myself, though... interests here have been not quite what I expected in that genre. I say this on every welcoming post, but I do hope to roleplay with you!

I'm into the semi-modern, futuristic eras, but I'm willing to try new things.

Have fun here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Martin Hesselius Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Thank you, Im glad someone actually answered to my post maybe bad grammar and horrible sentence structure scared everyone away ^ ^

edit: I take it you like HP too?

Dr. Martin Hesselius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 pm

I love Harry Potter. Bit of a fan. Haha. Your Grammar didn't scare me away, I promise! Maybe we could chat sometime... I see you have AIM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Martin Hesselius Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 pm

I call myself a fan too, actually Im doing Snape in some long lost RP somewhere (he is my favourite character) although I'd love to write Sirius one of these days.

I'd love to talk, I'll add you if you dont mind.

Dr. Martin Hesselius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 pm

I officially love you. It's odd, but I'm a huge crack pairing shipper with Hermione. Older, of course... but still. ^_^ Go ahead and add me, cause I added you. =3

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 am

Welcome to FoG, Dr. Martin! It's always great to see veteran role-players find a new writing home in our humble community, and it sounds like you're already making great strides in getting to know the place! Check out the FAQ, which is always helpful, and feel free to ask if you have any questions! I'm sure the rest of the welcome wagon will be along shortly, including a certain madman who likes to destroy all good grammar on sight.

Which reminds me...just a moment...

*sets up bear traps, pit falls, and rope traps*

All right, I think we're good now. The madman shouldn't cause TOO much trouble now...I hope... Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Martin Hesselius Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 pm

HermioneGranger wrote:I officially love you. It's odd, but I'm a huge crack pairing shipper with Hermione. Older, of course... but still. ^_^ Go ahead and add me, cause I added you. =3

Awesome Smile

Thank you SilvanArrow, I already read the FAQ, Im just looking for a place to write and also Im working on my Avy. I cant wait to see that welcome wagon you speak of, I hope they dont get entangled in all those traps Razz

Dr. Martin Hesselius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Oooh, fresh meat! ^vv^

Welcome to the FOG, Dr. Hesselius! cheers
Your grammar's basically fine; mostly you'll want an apostrophe with your Im. ^_^

Always nice to see an experienced role-player join us. Nod
If you're looking for some role-plays to jump in, the best place to start is to have a look at the interest check subforums in the In Character area. If none of those interest you, you could also join some role-plays which have already started by asking around in the OOC subforums. Lots of role-plays are set up to allow new people to join. I'm sure you're familiar with the process already. Very Happy

If you want to start something of your own, you could put up your own interest check. You could also look for people who might want to join by perusing the Favorite Role-plays List.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask/
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Martin Hesselius Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Thank you for the wise advise, and sorry I didnt answer to this earlier but I've been out of the city working.

Now that Im back I have more time to continue searching for someting interesting or maybe, creating something of my own Razz

Dr. Martin Hesselius
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Dio suddenly blips into the thread, he has long black messy hair and talks in a quiet unassuming europeanish accent.

"Oh hai Dr. Martin Hesselius. You are looking very sexy today. Ah ha." Dio laughs.

"Et looks like we have merged realities, and we are going to take over the woooorld soon, hahaha. I'm going to leave a message now huuh."

Suddenly Dio number 2 blips into the thread, covered in blood.

Dio #5: "What are you dooing here!"

Dio #2: "I'm here to kill you for going along with Dio number ones plan!"

Dio #5: "That's bullshit! You're lying! It's bullshit! I did not help him! I did naught! Oh hai Dio #3"

Dio #3: ¿Qué mierda está pasando?

Dio #2: "Enough!" Dio #2 pulls out a giant gun. "Death to you both!"

Dio #5: "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART DIO NUMBER 5!"

A giant explosion rips the thread apart, leaving limbs and dust everywhere. You hear a voice from among the debris.

"Only the original and number 6 remain. Welcome to the boards, well, what's left of it. HAHAHAHA!"

Blip.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:28 pm

*rushes off to fetch some fog-paste for that hole in reality*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II