FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh From the Grave

+6
Fate Flyer
Adrius Frostglare
Kathryn Lacey
Kalon Ordona II
Igraine
True Grave
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fresh From the Grave Empty Fresh From the Grave

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:40 am

Hi, my name is True Grave. I hail from Roleplay Gateway, and some of you may know me from there. I have been called an advanced literate roleplayer, but I'm not quite sure what I am.

As for my favorite type of roleplays, they are reality-based, fanfiction, and fantasy. For fanfiction, I like X-Men, Resident Evil and Baki the Grappler. Favorite fantasy roleplays include Hanbuki the Destroyer and Flamer. For real life, I like The Cooler. You can expect to see all these roleplays and more.

I really look forward to meeting all kinds of dedicated and literate roleplayers. Let's show the world what roleplaying is truly all about.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Fresh From the Grave Empty Re: Fresh From the Grave

Post by Igraine Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:14 am

Wonderful to have you, True Grave. There is RP here to fit most any kind of taste you can imagine - I've no doubt you'll find something, and quickly, that you'll enjoy. Very Happy
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Welcome... to the FOG!!

I really look forward to meeting all kinds of dedicated and literate roleplayers. Let's show the world what roleplaying is truly all about.

Amen and amen! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Welcome to FoG, True.

We're a pretty cool bunch, so feel free to join any open role plays, and participate in any of the OoC topics that you like.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 pm

FRESH MEAT FOR THE GRINDER!

*crickets*

I mean... cookies? I'm making some sweets in the RP threads... *hides the meat cleaver behind his back* C'mon, don't be shy...
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah, thanks for the welcome. I have found only one I'm really interested in, and, as usual, no one is interested in my roleplay. I suppose this site shall serve as a repeat of my past. So much for my hopes.

Scratch that, there are no roleplays on this site I am interetsed in.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi, True Grave! :] I'm Fate. I love a good X-Men role-play. I haven't gotten to do one in quite awhile though.

Hear, hear, on your last statement!

I'm sorry no one is interested in your role-plays right now, and that you can't find any that you're interested in. That seems to be a problem us RPers run into every now and then.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Welcome to FoG, I'm sure you'll find a good number of RPs to keep you entertained.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:09 pm

I would love to do an X-Men roleplay, Fate, but I'm afraid that no one else would have any interest in my ideas. No matter where I go, no one seems to share my vision on ideas. I don't know why.

You're a lousy soothsayer, Loki, but then again, that's what you get for naming yourself after the Norse trickster god.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:11 pm

You have only been here but, what, a few hours? Do not jump so hastily to conclusions.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Try a day, dude. I've been in every section and no one has any roleplays that look good. I submitted my own work and got no hits. I've learned that if no one bites in the first day, the idea is a lost cause. The failure of one of my ideas will probably mean the failure of more, so I'm going to need more than just, "I'm sure you'll find lots of good roleplays", to convince me that this forum is not a lost cause.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:53 pm

It's your choice. *shrug* I can't stop you nor change the way you look at things. Only you can do that. Ah, well, for what it's worth, thanks for checking us anyway.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Well, I started another roleplay in the Advanced Interest Checks forum. If you want to check it out, go ahead.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:56 pm

You know, the unconcious manner in which the mind effects our reality is a funny thing.

FOG takes a while to ease into. I didn't find my niche for a week or so and none of my RPs were a success. However, after a few days I made friends and began some pretty good roleplays.

I'd compare the experience to going to a new school. You may need to wait a bit before you're comfortable.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll feel better once I get a roleplay started. My first utterly failed and my second isn't getting much interest either. It feels like I'm wasting my time.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Yes, well, some people may not be interested in the same things you are. I suggest going out and joining other roleplays. Once you've made a few friends its easier to attract people.

You can also try changing the format or the way you word things. People tend to be drawn to the aesthetically pleasing without realizing it.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:51 am

Honestly, you can't expect everyone to suddenly jump at the chance to join a role play right away.

I've been here for a while, and at first, only one role play really interested me. After a while, I suddenly found interest in like... three, but they all died. I decided to start my own, and some fish bit, but the entire forum didn't jump at the chance to join.

Also, I don't check every single forum for new posts every day. Every few days, I'll start looking through the role play sections for something interesting. Just because no one bites the first or second day, doesn't mean they even know your role play exists. Advertising it is a good way of getting your idea out there. Like... putting it in your signature or something.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:48 am

Nobody jumps at my ideas, and that's the problem. I really think it was a mistake coming here. I will not be roleplaying here, but I may be around for awhile longer before I leave completely. This site has proven to be the exact opposite that I was led to believe it was, and I am reaping the consequences. At least I still have my old site.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:58 am

True, you only joined on the 25th of July. It is now the 26th of July. You can't possibly hope to realize the true potential of things in such a short amount of time. You seem to me like someone who is very quick to judge without giving enough time for thought. Honestly, if you just GIVE IT TIME, you will likely see that good things may happen.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:48 am

I don't have to think to realize that I will not be able to roleplay here. Two of my best ideas garnered no interest, and I'm not sticking around to watch a third great idea fail. I'll forgive that "quick to judge" nonsense, because you do not know me.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:03 am

You must be joking. Nobody's even responded to my hello yet, but at least I know to wait. What in the world are you looking for? you've got most of this board (or at least it seems like) responding to you just saying hi. don't disappear because of lack of interest, join something. It might be good to get out of your comfort zone a little. Plus, keep in mind that this board is relatively brand-new. It hasn't had all the social kinks ironed out yet.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:06 am

You guys, just leave him be; we can't force him to do it our way. He won't have any fun with us, and we won't have any fun with him, if we do it like that. If he doesn't see it our way, we can't really change that--he seems bent on leaving, so it's probably not in our best interest to try to convince him to stay.

Sorry it worked out this way for you, True Grave. Smile It's probably for the best that you found out right away that we weren't right for you. Good luck in future!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:23 am

Aww... And I had a really original story for an introduction topic. Looks like it's a farewell instead. Good luck in your travels.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:54 am

Hold on a minute, Diodri. Enlighten me on this introduction topic. If it interests me, I may stick around for a few more days.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:16 am

*realizes the heat is on, and that everything rest on this one post.*

*Sweat drips*

---

Diodri pushed his way trough the dark evergreens and into the dank cemetery. Hot shivers of adrenaline shot through his veins. What was the cause of this familar feeling? The night air? The thrill of the hunt? The fear of being caught? Whatever it was, it was enough to make the man smile. He tightened his grip on his shovel, and proceeded down the rows of gray tombstones.

His eyes caught the damp, fresh earth turned up just a few feet away. A fresh grave. An easy job. He looked around quickly. Not a soul present.

Not even mine. He grinned to himself.

The single metal tooth of the shovel bit into the ground, slowly unearthing the fresh cadaver. Fresh sweat punctured the air with its musky aroma, as the man worked quickly to reveal the coffin. Suddenly, the shovel was defeated as it plowed into the hard wood. Diodri smiled wicked, and pitched the shovel out of the hole. He used his hands instead to uncover the rest of his treasure.

He allowed himself a brief flicker or light as he lit a cigarette. He placed the end in his lips, fingers trembling in anticipation. The benzine taste already hitting his taste buds. The was a click, a hiss, and burst of light which streamed out of his lighter.

But then, a puzzled look crossed his face. The inscription of the head of the coffin read, "True Grave", whatever that meant. He breathed in deeply, letting the nicatine course through his blood, before finishing the job. True Grave was probably a manufacturer. Dio had seen stranger things in his time.

He flipped the lip of the coffin.

The cigarette spun out of Diodri's mouth as he screamed. He tried to scramble out of the grave, but slipped back down as he tried to gain footing on the damp earth. He gave to rest as the bottom of the grave, just inches away from the cadavers face.

His face.

No, it couldn't be. It's some coincidence.

"It is no coincidence." A voiced whispered.

Diodri spun trying to locate the speaker. "Who said that?"

"I am True Grave, Protector of the Dead. You have trespassed against us many a time, and now you will pay for your sins." The voice explained.

Without warning, the corpse bearing Dio's face rose up and grabbed Diodri's arms.

"No wait. You don't understand!" He pleaded, as the dirt began to fall back into the grave.

No answer.

"You can't do this! You can't!" Dio struggled against the undead abomination, but was held fast. Soon his cries were muffled by dirt and rocks. "Please."

"This is the price you must pay." Spoke True Grave, "Your soul."

---

So, I guess you should stick around for a few days, because this took some effort. : D

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by True Grave Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Hmm, that was pretty good. I think it has some potential. Yeah, I'll stick around. Create an OOC for a topic based on that post and we can discuss where to go from there.

Thanks again for the welcome.

True Grave
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:53 pm

Can I be the first to say that he's not coming back?
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey, he was invited here and didn't take it. This place is a step up from RPG and is for the elite as Fate and a few others had concurred in a previous thread. If he isn't mature enough to stick around because no one bit at his ideas and he didn't bother to make friends, then what does it matter?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:10 pm

Inerio wrote:then what does it matter?

Never said it mattered. Jus' sayin' he's not comin' back.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Amen! Good Night
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content