FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drabble challenge rp?

3 posters

Go down

Are you intertesting in this?

Drabble challenge rp? Votele1025%Drabble challenge rp? Voteri10 25% 
[ 1 ]
Drabble challenge rp? Votele1075%Drabble challenge rp? Voteri10 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Drabble challenge rp? Empty Drabble challenge rp?

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:26 pm

So I have been addicted to "drabbles" lately. They are very popular in fanfiction and short story site circles.

The are short stories that range from 100 words, to less than 1000 or simply one chapter etc. It really depends on your comfort zone.

So I was thinking a few who are interested in this idea could create characters (determine their relationships with each other through messages) and then decide a theme for each post that could either stand alone or relate to each other for each oneshot.

It could turn into a long story that is made up of short chapters very quickly. It is an idea that has come to mind recently. If there are no biters here, I will move this to the One on One category in about a week. I just thought it would be a nice way to challenge ourselves from those long (if not epic!) posts that sometimes strain our hands from typing so long.

Discussing the possible plots and questions will be answered in following replies! A poll is also available so please vote your answer. It will last for [b]7 days[/b] and then this will be put in the one on one interest check.

Thanks for taking some time out of your day to read this! Hope to hear from you! ^^

Boogie

High Five

Last edited by Rogue.Ember.Shadow on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://daughter-of-chaos.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Drabble challenge rp? Empty Re: Drabble challenge rp?

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:50 am

I feel like I've missed something... Could you elaborate on what a "drabble" is?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Already a few people don't like this idea. I'm sorry to know that.

But I will still keep this going until I can attract someone who is interested! =D

And Chainlinc, a drabble is a short story that usually contains 100 words. Its a work of fiction that is to test how much you can write in so little length that is given.

Also, drabble are usually written around a theme in contests or ideas challenges. Say "sun", "quiet" or "blue" was your theme, you would only have 100 or so words to write a short story based on it and that would be your drabble.

Would it help if I posted a few links to some sites that showed some drabbles? ^^

I am sorry if that confused you. I guess I wasn't doing the best job in presenting my idea. Hahahahaha!
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Artorius Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:24 pm

100 words is challenging, but it sounds refreshing to say the least, I'm interested
Artorius
Artorius
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue.Ember.Shadow Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Thank you Artorius! I am very glad you are interested. ^_^

That is one person! Hopefully by next Friday, there will be even more people who are going to try this out! I like trying out new things.

Here are some drabble written in the style I'm looking for. And what better series to use as an example than Supernatural? These are NOT written by me!

Please click here to read!

Now as you can see, each chapter is very short. But in a way, they are very meaningful. I would like each post to be like in this short style and each chapter will relate to each other. I hope that isn't too confusing to understand.

Now is the 'theme' part for each post still confusing or shall I write two examples of my own?

Sweat Drop
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Rogue.Ember.Shadow
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down