FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good ole epic high fantasy

3 posters

Go down

Good ole epic high fantasy Empty Good ole epic high fantasy

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 am

Like what the title says, epic high fantasy. The human empire Vallorian and their dwarven allies are currently experiencing serious instability issues. The Free States, and Emerald Isles are feuding. The Fae agitate for another war with their historical enemy, the dwarves, while the giant and stone kin among the try to keep the peace. Most troubling of all is the Valloran race that the founded the Empire, and its legendary Long Watch are at war with a foe across the vast desert on the west side of the known world of everyone else.

Magic comes in flavors, and every mage has their own brand of pocket dimension that taps into a primal type of energy. Gravity, Chaos, Order, Shadow, Dark, Light, Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Life, and Death are used in unique and different ways. High mages are masters of their own pockets, and fairly rare. Archmages master an element, and are some of the most deadly beings on the planet. Sages master multiple styles, and only three recorded cases of archsages, master of all elements, exist. They were all executed by the Long Watch Champions, a reason why true Vallorans are feared above all other races.

Multiple religions abound, but only one takes primacy in the human territories. This religion is the source of the issue with the fae. Humans are the descendants of God's benevolence, and have the blood of angels within them. It also states that some species, such as the dwarves, and sverifen, deep gnomes, are children of Earth, and are part of God's plan. Fae are the spawn of the devil, and must be shunned. They take exception to this.

A new religous leader is stirring up a war between the two powers. Which will you side with?

Back to top Go down

Good ole epic high fantasy Empty Re: Good ole epic high fantasy

Post by Airedar Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Interest has been given.

Now tell me about these fae.
Airedar
Airedar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:56 pm

This is a generic term that encompasses the five species of elves, and whatever they enslaved or allied with at the time. If you have a favorite, it is probably under the general distinction of fae. Orcs, goblins, minotaur, base giant kin (ogres, hill giants) and Orgnauth (I will explain these later, but they are the most powerful fighters in the Fae alliance atm) are all working with the six races of elves. Those five races are Sun, Star, Meadow, Forest, Dark and Sea. Sun is the proudest, and strongest of the races, possessing the most warriors and are arrogant and ruled by a monarchy. Forest elves are cruel and visicous, and are sadistic assassins. Dark elves are the last of three elven races who are agitating for this war, and are the most enigmatic of all the elven races. They possess dark champions, are the least numerous. All the races of elves hate humanity, but also love them.

Elves are racial enemies with humans, dwarves and orcs. Orcs are racial enemies with Vallorans, dwarves and elves, and dislike humans. Dwarves additionally hate most giant kin. Humans are racial enemies with the elves and dragons only. Vallorans are the most hated and feared race, and only humans, earth and giant kin approve of them. Goblins are racial enemies with the gnomes, who are allied with the dwarves and humans.

Giant kin have two basic lineages, and they hate each other. Noble giant kin, Stone, Frost, Flame, Storm, and Sun giants are related with Vallorans, and their Titanic ancestors. Dark giants are also of titanic lineage but are hated as they are allied with lower, corrupt giant kin, such as hill, rock, copper, cave, and forest. Dark are at the top of the base pile, and ogres, ogrillions, and other assorted half-giant kin are at the bottom.

I can keep listing, but if you have a race in mind, I can tell you about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Hobo Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm interested in this. I would just like to see all of the different magic types in more detail, if you could. IE more in depth descriptions of Order and Chaos mostly.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I would like to join this...what are the magic limits? You wrote that the more powerful magi are rare, but can we be them?
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am

Sure, but most of them are pretty old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:16 am

Im thinking 35-40 years. So a sage is the highest power level I could manage?
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down