FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice League Spliced Generation?

3 posters

Go down

Justice League Spliced Generation? Empty Justice League Spliced Generation?

Post by Unicorn Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Justice LeagueSpliced Generation
Justice League Spliced Generation? Dc

“Good always prevails over evil, what a naive notion."- The Justice League has fallen. And most of the brave heroes who served under it have either gotten too old to fight, have been sucked into a dimension vortex, or have simply died in a tragic and angst filled way. After the countless tears, and after the all that fighting, good did not win. And the line of what defines ‘good’ or ‘evil’ has gotten so blurry that no one is sure of either. Society is in a severe decline as far as living conditions go. The battle grounds have become stale, crime goes at a regular everyday pace that has seemed to be accepted and the once truly villainous force dwindles to only a few, not worth paying attention to. It seems as though the life of humanity has been sucked out.

But a stale battle ground doesn’t remain so forever, and invisible tension starts to form as Lex Luthor’s successor, Antony Luthor, takes the business world by the throat and dominates it; offering new and improved ways of living, products that shine as a beacon of light in the dark times, which overshadow his more questionable experimentations. But all of his seen dealings are legal, so no one intervenes. Meanwhile, the adorable children with super powers that once roamed the streets as homeless are growing up, taken in by none other than J’onn, the Martian that was once a managing mind of the League. These children were a phenomenon, as they seemed to be a mix of the public’s favorite supers, thought to be their children in fact. But where were the supers? And weren’t some of them dead? J’onn attempted to find out, but nothing came of his investigations, at least nothing that he disclosed to the children or public.

These supers have been taught how to use their abilities by J’onn, with some help from the mysterious ‘uncle’ Doctor Fate occasionally. They have been training to take up the mantle of the title Hero, as their forefathers once did. With their training completed to what J’onn believes he can teach, these green behind the ears supers will pave the way to a better tomorrow….or will they fail?

=========================================================================
The title of this roleplay basically gives the ‘mystery’ of where your character comes from away. Your super that is supposedly a child of two super heroes is actually a spliced genetic experiment that Antony Luthor made. Why you ask? Go ask him yourself, though be warned no sane person can really rationalize with his logic. Your character has no idea that he or she is some test tube baby born from irrationality rather than love, and they’ve been told since they were little that they were born from love by J’onn. So as spliced people, you as the creator need to pick two supers from the DC universe to base your character off of. I don’t mean personality, I mean powers. But as hybrids, you need to have a trade off too, like they can’t have every single advantage that your two heroes had combined. Basically those are the only stipulations, get creative and nerdy and have fun with it. Be reasonable and smart though or I’ll be forced to call you on it, I don’t like doing that, please don’t make me. I don’t like biting, you taste ikky…
and keep in mind that we’ll need ‘villains’ later on, so try to be ok with taking on more than one character.

I typed this up, but consequentially have no idea whatsoever if anyone at all is going to be intersted, or even if this should be advanced or casual. I dunno, depends who is interested. I'd play Antony Luthor and the team leader to make sure things stay organized, well, I'll just see if anyone wants to do it...
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Justice League Spliced Generation? Empty Re: Justice League Spliced Generation?

Post by DawnofLight Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:45 am

Well, it sounds interesting. I would be more interested in playing a villain than a super, though more than willing to try both.
DawnofLight
DawnofLight
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 am

Well, if you just want to do a super that's more than possible, if I can get a couple more people interested we'll hash out what sort of villain you'll play. Certainly there's plenty of material to work with when it comes to Antony, the main 'bad guy'
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 am

As a DC universe fan I'm interested. I'm just curious about what happens with the people who developed their powers all their own. Like the side kicks of the original Justice League members and so on. If a person with a rather heroic mentality develops their powers 'naturally' or appears in somewhat normal circumstances (ie. Not spliced) what happens to them? Is there some sort of rule against and heroic activity and such?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 am

XD seems like people are interested, but don't like the spliced idea! LOL, why didn't you say so sooner! I'm more than willing to change this aspect of the roleplay if you guys want to do something different.

We could have like, one character be a splice that was taken in by J'onn and the rest could be the sidekicks etc. Villains were going to include splices that Antony Luthor makes.

Basically just talk to me people, tell me what you do and don't want to see! ^-^ so basically to answer your question, yes, if that's what you'd like, other superhero interaction is possible.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:26 pm

I don't mind the splicing idea to be honest. If I have any problems it's that the ONLY super-powered beings are the ones that are spliced aside from Martian Manhunter. Every superhero in the DC verse got their powers a different way, so in a world variances such as that it would be nice to have an explanation on what exactly COULD happen to those who acted as heroes in a villians' world.

All I really want is some clarification.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnofLight Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm

I agree with Skitzo-phrenick on the 'superheros being the only ones spliced' thing. Personally, I want to know what would have happened to the heroes who didn't have super powers in the first place, like the Green Arrow. Anyone could have been a hero if they had money or ingenuity like him or Batman, so there would have to be some like that around somewhere right?
The DNA of a non super could still be used if the person it came from had desirable traits, couldn't it?
DawnofLight
DawnofLight
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh, then you were asking about society? Well, those with heroic ability had been dwindlind to a few, and since they had no backup often times became overwhelmed with the sheer amount needing to be done. At least that's what I would think.

Of course brainstorming on the behalf of others is welcome.

Did you want to create an origenal character by the way? Pm me if you do I'd be interested in seeing the idea, but if it does not add to story intregue and sort of just gets thrown in there I'll likely be hesitant at that.

Edit: the regular heroes such as green arrow would be old and decrepit by this time period, and to be honest the sidekcks such as Robin would be in their sixties. J'onn doesn't age like humans, and Doctor Fate is a sorceror who has been around for quite some time. So that's why they're still around.

Yes, supers with desirably traits are welcome, in the case of green arrow his acurracy and perhaps suave nature would be inherrited.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnofLight Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh, okay. That makes sense then. I just sent you a pm. So the super community is dying out and splices are an attempt to bring it back...
DawnofLight
DawnofLight
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Basically yes.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 pm

But this world is run by villains right so why would they even bother to bring back super-powered beings (aside from weaponizing them)?

Anyway I'm interested, but I'm not going to create a character sheet till we get moved to the OOC phase of this RP, which I'm guessing would involve more people.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 am

in my leave of absence, I got sick, but on a good note I figured out a way to start this rp with any number of people, and so the ooc is up, and modified to fit a wider and more open plot, so we can start with as few people as we wish, and more can be added on easily.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 am

Alright I'll try and get a character sheet done ASAP
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnofLight Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:40 am

sweet. I'll also get a cs going now.
DawnofLight
DawnofLight
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down