FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check)

4 posters

Go down

Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check) Empty Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 am

Once the world of Salria was a beautiful if conflict filled place to live. Great cities and nations stood triumphant upon millennia of success and power. The lands were rich and vibrant and resources abounded it was a good world and yet as with nearly all worlds there was a darker side to it. Ceaseless warfare, inter-nation conflicts that had raged since the beginning of the world and seemed destined to rage for eternity to come. Armies numbering hundreds of thousands marched and counter marched in an endless dance of war as the elements raged before the wills of their masters. For the men of Salria once marched to war by the will of tyrants, the Marikan, powerful mages and the rulers of the great nations. Tyrants they were but yet they were better than that which was to come. Better the devils you know than the devil you don't after all. In hindsight it would all seem so clear, the endless wars that slowly pushed certain Marikan to destruction and ruin, the powers they possessed, the sheer unwillingness of any born with the innate power of a Marikan to submit to any authority save his or her own. It seems inevitable that eventually one of them would grow desperate enough to unleash a forbidden magic.

It began with a war. A war that unlike so many before it and like many as well should have ended with the destruction of a nation. A war that spelled final defeat for one of the great Marikan, a war that would give birth to a new empire upon the face of Salria. But not the Empire that anyone was expecting. Aldranes the Marikan whose name is both praised and cursed in the new Salria was faced with the unimaginable situation. His armies were gone, his cities had fallen, his realm had shrunken to a last fortress and that was on the verge of falling despite his power. A Marikan could not surrender they could only die but Aldranes did not simply slay himself or launch a final attack. He evoked a forbidden magic and with his power created a rift. What he intended is not known only that it was he who released it to the world.

The armies which surrounded Aldranes keep attacked and were thrown back by something unknown. Something whose soldiers suddenly appeared to fight pouring forth from the rift. It was nothing, simply a minor setback and almost ignored by all the Marikan save the one who had been about achieve victory. For that one alone knew something was amiss, in arrogance he gathered new armies, stripping his realm bare, certain nothing could stand against his might and the armies he brought to bear against the strangers from the rift. And he was destroyed utterly save a few soldiers who fled. By the time the rest of the Marikan realized that there was a new enemy, several more of them had fallen and those who remained banded together in a grand alliance to crush the being who now ruled nearly a third of the world, the being whose soldiers and magics surpassed their own, the being simply called His Darkness.

The wars raged for hundreds of years. Salria was devastated. But like all things that war had to come to an end. And when it ended the sky was burnt and ashen, the earth itself had begun to wither but still lived and His Darkness ruled over Salria. The last of the Marikan had been hunted down and only their subjects remained. And so His Darkness established his rule. A rule that has gone on for the last hundred years across the world of Salria. A rule that has made the being out to be a god. Peace though one of the Dominion brought about by His Darkness existed at last in most places. But even His Darkness was wrong and the Marikan had not been hunted to total extinction, the last had hidden in desperation and their thoughts turned to the forbidden magic as Aldrane's had a millennia before. The last of the Marikan opened a new rift and reached their power through, desperate to find others who would aid them in their increasingly futile struggle against His Darkness. Their power found individuals and pulled them through the rift....

This where your characters will come into the thread. You have been summoned to aid in the now very much futile seeming struggle against His Darkness, the being who has enslaved an entire world. The setting for this is a quasimideaval world, so I would very much prefer not to have people bringing in guns and such, firstly because they kill the atmosphere and secondly because unless you have a magic gun that never runs out of ammo you would be in deep sh-t as soon as you run out of ammo. Also in regards to characters I would like them to be fairly powerful, I am not looking for demigods or the like but they should have a moderate degree of power.

Ex. If you are a mage and can destroy cities you are too powerful. Below that though most things are acceptable.

Warning- I do not want all mages, that gets really annoying and I have seen it happen before.

Without further ado here is the character sheet for you to fill out. I hope to see some good characters appear here because the thread needs some good ones. Smile

Please PM character sheets to me when they are completed. However feel free to express your interest here if you do decide to make one.

Code:
[b]Name: [/b] Does this really need explanation?)

[b]Age: [/b] While His Darkness is seemingly immortal you are not. You do need a reasonable age depending on your race.)

[b]Gender: [/b] This should be pretty simple)

[b]Race: [/b] Be reasonable, I don't want to see any robots here. Other than that most other things are good, you can be creative)

[b]Alignment: [/b] Are you good, bad, or otherwise?)

[b]Appearance: [/b] What you look like)

[b]Personality: [/b] What you are like)

[b]History: [/b] How you became who and what you are.)

[b]Powers: [/b] What you can do

[b]Equipment: [/b] What you carry with you, especially magical artifacts or special armor/swords. ect.

[b]Weakness: [/b] Because everyone has something that screws them up.

Back to top Go down

Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check) Empty Re: Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check)

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Since it's casual I think I could fit this one in. Very Happy
Haven't had a chance to RP with you in your element before, so this should be fun. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check) Empty Re: Breaking His Darkness (Interest Check)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Glad to have you on board Kalon. If we can get another few people I will put the OOC up as well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 pm

I'll tag along. You mind if I create something strange?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

I don't mind. Just remember that if something is too strange then it will be very obviously not part of the world in question. Feel free to be creative though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Elric, wait'll you see my guy! ^^
Pulling in help from Beyond opens up soooo many possibilities. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Ok, you know what, I am interested.

Sign me up.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Glad to have you onboard dax.

I will see about posting the OOC tonight. Feel free to keep working on your characters everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 pm

I am using two characters. My old assassin, Lorn Rent, and the character that bears the name of Vhaan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm

That should not be any problem. Feel free to use both of them. Well I can't say for sure till I read the sheets but having 2 characters is not a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnofLight Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:03 am

Well, I've been lurking around for a while now, (geez, that sounds creepy no matter how I put it) and figured it was time to just 'dive in.' Might I join?
DawnofLight
DawnofLight
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 am

Sure thing. Feel free to work on a sheet. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolis Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm

I see you posted this on RPGFO as well as here. Did you intend on running both, or seeing which garnished more interest? Either way, I've expressed my interest there, but would rather do it here - depending on how you're doing this.

Nikolis
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I fully intend to run it both places. So whichever you prefer to participate on is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolis Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 pm

I'll participate in both, if that's fine with you. I simply have quite a bit of time to dedicate to posting, and this would be my only active game currently. I'll see which is more active and is progressing in a satisfactory manner before I make a decision to participate solely in one (assuming I become so busy that I'm not able to take on both, which I doubt).

Nikolis
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Sure I am fine with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I plan to start this in the next few days. Just waiting for one last character sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolis Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 am

Apologies! I wasn't tracking the OOC topic, so I didn't see the new character sheets and whatnot. I didn't mean to hold up the game. I'll get this sheet fninished up and posted within the hour. (I hope! I'm at work.)

Nikolis
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down