FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun?

5 posters

Go down

Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun? Empty Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun?

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Imagine a setting somewhat like Narnia, a fantasy land who is at the brink of destruction due to war. (Details to be decided upon later). Someone, perhaps a queen or just a desperate creature, finds the power to open up portals across time and space. Warriors from all over the world (our world, Earth) are suddenly thrust into this magical war of this fantastical land.

Characters could be from any time and any where in the world, but choose weapons carefully for if you need ammo and cannot craft it, you will have a very limited supply.

I'm wanting three to five people. Each person can have two characters: a warrior from Earth and a native creature.

Is anyone interested?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun? Empty Re: Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:35 pm

-waves nervously- Could I maybe join?

Back to top Go down

Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun? Empty Re: Fantasy, time travel, fighting, fun?

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Of course. We'll have to wait and see if there is anyone else interested before I start it though. I'd like at least two more to join.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:58 pm

-smiles brightly- Thankies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Well...it seems interesting, and I have been lacking a roleplay lately that doesn't require an exhaustive post...sure, go ahead and count me in.

Interestingly enough, funny that you mentioned Narnia; I was watching the second movie last night.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Awesome. Yea I want some fun, low pressure role playing.

I don't want too much similarity to Narnia, don't expect any king lions or ice queens...but its the best way to describe the whole "travel to another fantasy realm" theme I want to use.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I am definitely interested.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Ok, tonight I am going to put up the official OOC. If anyone else is interested in joining, go ahead and state so here. I can't wait to get started Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Here is the OOC. You can make one native and one Earth Warrior. I think my native will end up being the advising Centaur, but I might just use that as an NPC and make another. Your native character can be anyone, but remember that the more power you give your native, the more scrutiny must go into your posts.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:49 am

Hey. Mind if I jump in? New to the forum, not to roleplay... though I'm used to smaller groups than this already is, this sounds fun.

And, side note, I *LOVE* the Chronicles of Narnia.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 am

Your native creature should probably be one of the four species I have listed, an avian, mer, centaur or dragon. However I'd plan on there being other species in the realm, letting everyone make it up as it goes along...so if there is a type of thing you want to be that isn't listed, we can discuss the option.

And I realized I kind of goofed...I have a realm of earth, and then Earth itself...I'm going to rename the realm of earth so there is no mistaking the two. Realm of earth (to be changed to Realm of Land or something) is a part of the Realm world, and Earth is where we are from, and where your Earth Warrior should be from.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:05 am

~raises hand~

...Maybe 'Land of Wood'? You mentioned forest and, wood is closely associated with the element of earth.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:07 am

I think I'm going to stick with realm of land, since it balances it out with realm of ocean. But thanks for the option. I hope I answered your question, but its no longer there and now I'm not sure if I've just gone mad and dreamed it up!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:09 am

No, sorry, I edited it out at the last second... Eheh, I thought it was a bit off-topic and was going to restate it in the OOC. But you beat me to it.

I do have an option in mind though, would you rather discuss it in the OOC or by PM?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:15 am

Just post it here. I'm probably not going to give you an answer right away; I'd like to hear the opinions of everyone else in the RP before I make a decision.

That said, everyone let me know what you think, and also if you have any questions regarding the RP.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 am

Well, you made it sound like, it was going to be akin to Narnia but divided into elemental realms. So my initial idea was to have my native be an animal fitting to the realm of land, who could coexist with centaurs... Maybe not in the same tribe (or whatever form their societies take) but, same realm.

And, it seems to me, RPing with a dragon for a native would be rather overpowering.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Well I just used Narnia as an example of how I want people from our Earth to end up in a magical realm...the likeness ends there though.

Will see what others say about it.

The dragons aren't going to be super powerful. Obviously if the Avian have been fighting them for years, they are nearly equal in power.

I'm going to be gone the next two days, so I'll see you all and your progress this weekend!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm back, and no one seemed to comment on the matter, so go ahead and do what you like, just keep in mind that this isn't Narnia nor a spin off or anything of the sort.

Has anyone worked on their characters yet? I suppose I should get my own up Razz
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 am

I was going to make my native a talking lynx from the realm of land, if you'd allow it. Sorry about the Narnia confusion again. If you'd rather I stick with one of the four races you specified, I have a contingency.
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Go for it. I'll get my characters up this weekend.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyrt Malthorn Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 am

The rest of you guys did notice the OOC I hope?
Kyrt Malthorn
Kyrt Malthorn
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Do you happen to still have room in the rp? I'd be rather interested but if you have too many already, its fine with me.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Well we were waiting on someone who never made a character. We have an OOC with our characters here. If you'd like to join, I'd be happy to have you. When you make a character, I will message the others to see if they would like to get this going. Then we can revive this zombie thread!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down