FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling Major Tom (Re-do)

+10
Cypher
Baker
Loki
Squall Reyes
Aidan Carroll
Eris
Gunneh
quakernuts
Bird of Hermes
Attie
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Empty Calling Major Tom (Re-do)

Post by Attie Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 pm

2010 - 2350

In the early 21st century the United States of America fell into unprecedented economic hardship. With ever increasing debt and inflation threatening to bring the country to its knees and no politician seeming to have an answer to the problem, it seemed like it was the end for America. With the rest of the world fairing no better in the global depression, the US had no allies it could turn to for aid and support.

Then in 2032 the inevitable happened. Disillusioned with the seemingly broken political system in Washington, General Brougham, a high ranking leader in the US Armed Forces, launched a successful coup against the government and declared martial law, ending over 250 years of Democracy in America. Equally disillusioned and disgruntled with politicians in Washington that could do nothing, the people gave their support to this new President.

Knowing that no purely economic solution was in sight, President Brougham instead turned to conquest as a means to acquire more resources. With the collapse of the British Commonwealth in the years between 2026 and 2030, Canada had been left isolated in the North and was his first target. After that he turned his sights on the Caribbean and Central America, annexing every country all the way down to Panama with there being little any other country in the region could do to stop him.

Meanwhile the in Europe, the European Union had completely dissolved, with its former members now embroiled in an endless series of wars with both one another and with the Middle East over increasingly limited resources. Russia's government had become highly unstable and in 2033 fell to a Communist coup. Seeking to reclaim their former power, this new Communist Russia began to invade its neighbors and conquered them one by one with surprising speed.

Both America and Russia greedily devoured every nation in their path to acquiring more resources to support their ever struggling economies. It was inevitable they would come into conflict and so in 2039 they did and World War III began. Though no nuclear weapons were used, it was a horrible conflict that lasted until 2047 and ended inconclusively, with both superpowers having been unable to gain the upper hand.

Eventually, with the peoples growing acceptance of an authoritarian America, President Brougham declared himself President-For-Life and upon his death in 2077 his son James Brougham succeeded him as "President". By the time of his death, people had begun to think of the President like a Sovereign Monarch rather than a mere politician, and in 2144, his son Henry proclaimed himself Emperor of the "Imperial Union of North America".

Similarly, the Communist government of Russia had taken to calling itself the "Union of Eurasian Soviet Republics" with their newly acquired territory and power. With brutality unseen since Joseph Stalin, they kept a tight hold on their possessions which ranged from parts of China to parts of central Europe and the Middle East.

From here to the present (2355) many more wars between the two superpowers were fought, with many other nations caught in between their eternal warring. Earth was gradually transformed into a depleted and war torn wasteland. At last seeing that their planet was dieing, the current Emperor of the IUNA, Maxwell Brougham commissioned a state of the art star ship, the BOB (Beyond the Orbit's Boundaries), with the expressed mission of discovering an inhabitable world that the IUNA and it's people could evacuate to and colonize.

The Song That Started It All: "Major Tom" by Peter Schilling
Spoiler:

As the connection broke and the last message was sent back to Earth, the ship pummeled through space at the mercy of it's divine beauty and expansion. The sea that the small crew was lost in was enigmatic to detail. There was only so much that Earth knew about it, no matter where you were from.

That's when a ripple was found, only when one wasn't looking for it. The crew members shook within the ship as it gained speed and pace through the mysterious tunnel, knocking each and every one of them unconscious. Was it fate at last? Taking them to the heavens? Or perhaps just the air in which their bodies would rot?

The crew only woke up to a rather loud crash, the ship hit water and it had hit them back in the collision. Time was pressing against their lives, another test of survival. Still no connection to Earth. But where were they?

This question would have to wait. Their ship was sinking. If they expected to exit it to the surface and survive... Action would have to come first.

And fast.

Were there many survivors from this collision? Will they get out of the ship before it sinks? How do the natives to this place feel about such an intrusion? A UFO to their knowledge falling in from the sky and plotting into their sea? And with such mechanics of advanced technology?

Will they ever make it back home...?

This is a futuristic fantasy/sci-fi/steampunk roleplay. The crew is from a Future Earth, and they slipped through a hole that took them to a whole knew universe unknown to man back home. Here, they use a system of Steampunk mechanics. (As a general difference)

Things you may want to know:

The following people are playable, but if not chosen or altered to a player's liking, they will become NPCs automatically.

Queen Jada of Jadan City - This character is reserved.
Spoiler:

Commander Stanton L'dayel - This character is available!
Spoiler:

King of Kurek City, Riddeon - This character is reserved!
Spoiler:

Leon, heir to the throne of Bernadice - This character is reserved!
Spoiler:

Avarinne Y'leska and the Enigmatic Woods: This character is reserved.
Spoiler:

The Bernadinians and the Legend of Jada and Bernard: These are available for play! PM me before you decide to be one, though!
Spoiler:

Faeries - They SUCK! (Still, you are permitted to play one...)
Spoiler:

Otherworld:
Spoiler:

Otherworld is by no means limited to the above races and characters, and you, as the players, are welcome to create your own. Make sure you PM me if you're creating your own race (something other than your average dwarf, human, elf, goblin...) so that I may verify that it will work with the story in mind.

If you have any questions, please PM me or catch me in the IRC. I'd love to help out. ;]

Rules:

• Once everyone has applied a character sheet per character, I will collect all the approved ones and put them up in a catalog. Because I'm anal about that, and forget half the time who looks like what or plays which character, and it's just easier.

• Treat people the way you want to be treated.

• If you have a problem with another player than is unable to be resolved between PMs with each other and it has anything to do with the way the game is going, contact me. I won't have the game shrinking over stupidity.

• Do NOT create a second account in order to play another character or make up another foreign land. - You are permitted to play a MAXIMUM (for now) of 3 characters, along with NPCs that are not included in that number. Are you expected to play more than 1? No. Can you? Most definitely. But don't stress yourself.

• If you play more than one character, you are not expected to post an update for each character on each post, unless someone else has posted an action towards said character and is waiting on your response in order to continue.

• People work and I have a baby. I understand that we all have things to do. Let me know if you've got something going on that is going to delay your frequency in posts and don't fret about it! I will only kick someone out if they have NOT notified me of something going on and have been absent for at LEAST 14 days. Avoid this, and you shouldn't have to worry.

• I have provided a code for the CS with bold categories. I am OCD. I expect those bold to stay there, and that shouldn't be hard, since I've given them to you.

• Read these carefully and mention that you've done so in your CS before I will accept you.

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b][/Faction:[/b] (Shipcrew or Otherworld) (If you are Earth, double check your bio with me to make sure it fits with the History of Future Earth. ;])
[b]Alignment and Personality:[/b] (Chaotic Good, True Good, Good Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Evil Neutral, True Evil, Evil Chaotic)
[b]Race:[/b] (This is extended to those of Otherworld exclusively. If you are interested in playing a race other than human as a native to Otherworld, PM me your idea of a being of your choosing. Or if you'd like to know what I had in mind. (Think Final Fantasy type races. Hybrids. Etc.)
[b]Age:[/b] (Keep it real with human years. As far as Otherworld goes, I'll pretty much accept anything except 200+ (unless you give me a really good reason))
[b]Gender:[/b] (If you can't answer this, this may not be the game for you...)
[b]Special Abilities?:[/b] (For Earthlings, they are like us. Normal. Shipmembers can potentially learn things other than trades (tailoring, weapons-crafting, marksmanship, etc) such as the abilities some OW Natives have, depending on their race. You do not have to any. )
[b]Bio/ History:[/b] (At least 3 sentences) If you are "leaving the secrets for roleplay", please explain them via PM to me.
[b]Appearance:[/b] (If there are special markings, birth marks, or things worth mention that we can't see in a picture, please put them here. You do not have to have a picture. You can just explain via words. :] It happens.)

Post your CSs on this thread when you've completed them.

Attie

Otherworld - Jada, Queen of Jadan City
Spoiler:

Shipcrew - Adrien Dekker, Protection
Spoiler:

Aidan Carroll

Shipcrew - Nicholas Kane, Pilot
Spoiler:

Gunneh

Shipcrew - Thomas Carlisle, Captain
Spoiler:

Eris

Shipcrew - Elena Llewelyn, Medic
Spoiler:

Quakernuts

Shipcrew - Douglas Fortune, Armory and Weapons
Spoiler:

Otherworld - T'lask'rae, Bodyguard and Mystery
Spoiler:

Squalleh Reyes

Shipcrew - Alejandro Vasquez, Communications
Spoiler:

Bird of Hermes

Otherworld - Leon, Heir to the throne of Bernadice
Spoiler:

Loki

Otherworld - Raaj Nasaug, of the Cane.
Spoiler:

Otherworld - Tavi Valerian, of the Moogles
Spoiler:

Baker

Otherworld - Riddeon, King of Kurek City
Spoiler:

Xraineyesx

Otherworld - Alayna, Arathian High Priestess
Spoiler:

Cypher

Otherworld - Oller Dilarasse, Major within the Kurekan Ranger Corps
Spoiler:

Last edited by Attie on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 9 times in total
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Empty Re: Calling Major Tom (Re-do)

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:15 pm

I would love to try my hand at Leon.

-waves to Attie-
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Hermeeeeees! I missed you. ;]

I am thinking that would be quite fine. I will PM you with a few pin points about his situation unless you'd like to meet me up on the IRC some time?
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Name: Douglas Fortune
Nickname: "Blackbeard", 'Big D"
[/Faction: Shipcrew
Alignment and Personality: True Good

Big D is just the person to go to when everything hits the fan. He is always there with some sort of comment that can easily break the tension and make everything seem alright for the time being. A good shipmate, and an even better friend, he would rather give his life before he watched someone he cared about get hurt, and for that, the military has declared him 'soft' and pulled him back from the frontlines. At times, he can become very dark in his manner, and his emotions are very easy for everyone to read, because he does little to hide them. If he hates you, he'll speak and act towards you accordingly and strongly. Blackbeard does not hold back on anything, including his fighting. Doug is more of the father type to the crew. He seems to know when they are upset, when they need a good talking to, or when they really need to sit down and have a moment to themselves.

Special Abilities?: Weapon's crafting, hand to hand combat.

Bio/ History: If you were to ask any of Fortune's superiors about his attitude, they would tell you he is one of the most dis-respectful people in the military, and that he should be lined up and shot. If you were to ask one of his squadmates, they would say there is no one else they could think of sharing a foxhole with.

Big D was born of old Canadian lineage, and his family carries with them a terrible grudge against America for the annexation of their country. Even though they, themselves, have never been true Canadians, they still hate what happened none the less. The other 'true' American superiors look upon his family and him with instant distaste and hate, which is then reciprocated by Doug.

Master Sergeant Fortune could easily be a Captain in the military if it wasn't for the fact that his is always and constantly overlooked for promotions. They usually send him off to backwater assignments with dead end posts, only to have Douglas take it further, and win a major battle by defying orders and breaking formation with his squad. The military would love to court martial him, and shoot him, but they need someone with his particular skills in creating weapons from damn near anything for this mission that they are about to undertake. They have no idea what is going to happen, and they want someone who will be able to fight no matter what's up there with the explorers.

Appearance:
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Dab5

Blackbeard usually has a chain of sharkteeth around his neck, though they are not seen in the picture due to the nature of event he is currently seen at. Along with this, his forearms are covered in black and red tattoos. On his left forearm, the word "Courage" is printed in an Old English style of writing. On the other forearm, the word "Canadian" is printed in big bold red lettering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: T'lask'rae
Nickname: T, Golem, Dark Angel
[/Faction: Otherworld
Alignment and Personality: Neutral

T is your basic Junkie. He is emotionless by other races standards, but tends to be more curious then other Junkies. He tends to wonder what these other emotions are, and is trying his best to understand them. He will often try to impersonate an emotion, but without really feeling it, fails horribly. Uncharacteristically for the Junkies, T has been known to show something close to kindness, and sometimes disdian. The others see this as a way of understanding emotions, and his perserverance is finally coming to light in small emotional markers.

Race: The name for T's race is unpronouncable to many races other than his own. For this fact alone, many refer to T's race as 'Junkies'.

Basically, Junkies are floating spheres of light around four feet in diameter, though they are not bright, and sometimes look black. They simply look like floating balls, but this is what is known as their core form. Junkies earned their race nickname through their ability to assimiliate anything, and use it as its body. For those of you scratching you head, imagine there were several piles of bricks on the ground. A Junkie would come floating by, a bolt of pure energy would shoot out of the sphere, grab the bricks, and form a body for the Junkie.

A Junkie does not need to eat, sleep, or drink anything, as they are pure energy. However, if they were using an organic body as their 'host' they would be forced to to keep the body functional. Junkie's are looked upon with a mixed view from the many species of OtherWorld because of their tendency to use recently dead bodies as their own. To many, this is frowned upon, and Junkies have been barred from many towns due to this. Junkies are also mistakenly called Golems from time to time when they are using stone or steamwork pieces for their bodies. This is easily fixed once the Junkie starts talking. When a Junkie talks, it has two options. If the body can talk, it can use the body. If it doesn't, however, it must use what the race calls its 'soul voice'. This is basically telepathy, but at a much stronger level as a Junkie can talk to multiple people at a time.

Junkies do not have emotions as we could classify them. To us, their is no other emotion other than confusion and curiosity. Junkies tend to be very monotonous in tone, and come across as cold, hard creatures to like. However, Junkies often bond to one person or thing, and would die to protect such person or thing. They become so attached that if death were to happen to their selected partner, their entire body collapses, and the core form then starts to glow. The easiest thing that the Junkies have been able to explain this as, is grief.

Junkies are used as workhorses for many business around the world, and because they do not need any sustenance when they are not using an organic body, are very cheap labor. Along with this, Junkies are incredibly long lived, easily reaching the thousand year mark. However, soon after, the Junkie soon loses it's ability to assimiliate materials, and eventually fades out of existance. This 'fading out' is known as the collection among the Junkies. While as a race they are not very religious, everyone of them views the fading as an assimiliation to their creator up beyond the stars. Many Junkies look forward to their 'death' rather than dread it.

Now, while Junkies may seem invincible because of their ability to have anything as their body, they do have limits. For one, no Junkie has been able to make a body over eight feet tall. The energy required to make such a massive thing is more than the Junkies hold in their entire being, and falls apart within seconds of being constructed. Also, if a Junkie's host body is suddenly and rapidly destroyed, the core Junkie is left vulnerable for upwards to an hour as it recovers from the shock and stress of such a rapid disassembly of it's outward body. While in its core form, a Junkie is incredibly vulnerable. A simply flick of the finger sends the Junkie flying, and seriously hampers it's ability to assimiliate. This is the main reason that very few people ever see the core form of a Junkie.

As to where they originally came from, the Junkies have claimed a mined out region at the base of the mountains as their homeland, calling it simply Haven. The cave provides protection from the elements, and has enough natural resources for a Junkie to make its body almost immediately after being born. However, legend has it that Junkies are actually lost souls thrown from the gates of heaven because of sins no one can remember. This has earned them another name of 'dark angels' and further increases suspicion among their race.

As far as reproduction goes, the closest equivalent would be that of cell division. A Junkie's core form would simply split into two, and the seperated piece would then take a few days to gain it's power, and then be off on it's own destiny. There is no parentage here. Simply reproduction, then off the Junkie goes to leave the 'baby' to its fate. While this may seem that all Junkies are clones of each other, the infant actually takes DNA from the entire race, and randomizes it, therefore creating a new Junkie. The Junkie's are then given names by the DNA sequences they have gained. Therefore creating new names for randomized genetic material.

Gender: All Junkies are considered male because of the deepness of their soul voice.
Special Abilities?: Assimilation
Bio/ History: T was born in his native homeland of Haven, and after the few days of infancy, quickly left that life. T was curious as to what was out there in the world, and wondered what it could possibly have for him. He had assimiliated the plentiful rocks of Haven, and had made himself a golem like appearance. From there, he simply picked one direction, and started walking. Requiring no food, water, or even rest, he made his towards the city of Kurek.

While wandering through Kurek, T saw that many eyes were upon him, a lot with what looked like hatred, but T did not understand it. After spending a few nights in Kurek, he found out that his race wasn't necessarily wanted or liked by many people due to the superstitions and suspicions surrounding his people. In order to have a reason to leave the city, he quickly took up a job with a travelling merchant as a bodyguard. This is where T'lask'rae first got his nickname of 'T'. T tried to tell the merchant his name, but after several failed attempts, the merchant simply settled for T.

T only worked for this man because he needed a way out of the city. He could see that this man wasn't as good as he pretended to be in front of people, and could see the evil that lay inside his being. Curious to see how evil this man truly was, T stayed with him for quite a few years to come. Finally the man showed his true colors to T when some kids were caught stealing from the merchant's cart. T caught them, and brought them back to the merchant, and saw how furious the man was. He quickly ordered T to cut off one of their hands, and stood there watching.

T was confused, why would he cut off their hand when they only stole something that was barely worth it's weight to carry. However, T wasn't in a position to argue, and assimiliated a nearby axe for his hand. From there, a crowd had begun to form and shout at T. He stopped, and looked at everybody. Their faces were a mixture of hate and anger at such a punishment, but they were powerless to stop a 7'5 creature of stone.

It was at this exact moment that T understood why they hated his race so much. If he chopped the kids' hands off, he wouldn't feel anything about it, not even remorse, but the people around him would. They would remember, and hate his race even more. T couldn't understand hate or anger, other than the fact that he didn't want it put towards his people. He lowered his axe hand, and pushed the kids into the crowd. Surprise filled the faces of everyone as he did this, as well as the merchant's. Then the merchant got furious, and took a hammer to T's body, yelling and cursing his name. Saying that T was his employee, and that he was to do as he was told. T simply picked up the man, and threw him over the rooftops onto the street a couple blocks away. The merchant was trying to hurt him, it was self defense. The crowd saw it as a Junkie with emotions, and they all stared at him with an awe struck expression.

T left the city soon after that, and wandered all over the world in search of answers to questions he would never know. He quickly assimiliated anything that could be use to him, which would be fighting. Unlike other passive Junkies, T had a natural flair for fighting. His emotionless stature also allowed him to kill without remorse. Soon, he was known well enough that anybody wanting a bodyguard or protection knew his name. T's price was often an item, and not money though. Something like armor plating, or a weapon that he could use. This not only made him cheap, but very useful to the right people. For the current moment, he is wandering around in search of more jobs and answers to satisfy his curiousity.

Appearance: T has reached his maximum height of eight feet, and now simply subtracts lesser things in favor of better equipment. The axe on his right hand is actually a giant two handed axe that he has encased in stone and ice in order to make it more effective in combat. The ice spikes over his body are simply to scare people when he faces them in combat, but have been useful for killing anyone trying to jump on his back
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Golem_by_shadowblitz

T'Lask'rae's core form is that of seen in the picture.
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Linkens_Sphere_by_alivepixel

I HAVE READ THE RULES!

Last edited by quakernuts on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Faction: IUNA Ship Captain; Earth
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Name: Thomas Carlisle
Nickname: Tom; Sir; Major
Race: Human
Special Abilities: Piloting; Marksmanship; Martial Arts (Various)
Personality: Major Carlisle is the military type of man through and through, though he enjoys to let loose when the time calls for it. While he may seem like a hardass on the outside, he holds extreme compassion for any and all members of his crew and will take up arms in a moment's notice if anything threatens them.
Bio/History: To Be Completed...
Appearance:
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Scott_bakula

I read the rules, Mamaburr ^_^

Last edited by Gunneh on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Need a History, Gunneh.

Quaker, re-accepted ;] Welcome back.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eris Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:42 am

Name: Elena Llewelyn
Nickname: Elle
Alignment and Personality: Neutral Good

Special Abilities: Marksman and Medic

Bio/ History: Elle was born in a military hospital, on an air force base in Laredo, Texas. Half-Japanese and half-French (French Canadian), Elena is a combination of both worlds: the UESR and the IUNA. Her mother was a Japanese immigrant who fled from the UESR, while her father worked for the IUNA military force.

Generally quiet and self-monitoring in front of others, Elle has been described by several of her superiors as “unoffensive” and “steadfast in following orders.” This is primarily due to the fact that her father was one of the top generals in the IUNA. Her father's job depended slightly on her willingness to conform and submit to authority, and she did as much as possible to remain under the proverbial radar.

She was selected for this particular mission, due to her extensive experience in the medical field (even at her young age) and her filial connections.

Appearance:
:

I have read the rules.

Last edited by Eris on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Eris
Eris
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 am

Accepted. ;]
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Carroll Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 am

Name: Nicholas Kane
Nickname: Nick, Kane
Alignment and Personality: Good Neutral
Nick is a bit of a silent person. He is one that is always good to have on your side in a fight. Due to his years in the IUNA Military, he grew into a clever tactician, always keeping his cool under pressure. Nick is a trustworthy crew memeber, even if he seems a little stand offish at first.
Special Abilities?: Marksmanship with firearms, Piloting, Electronics expert
Bio/ History: Born in 2321, Nicholas Kane grew up in the Imperial Union of North America and at age 18 enlisted in the IUNA military. During his time in the service, Nick became an expert marksman, later enrolled in a military flight training program to become a pilot, and achieved a high level of respect among many of the high ranking IUNA military leaders. Late in his military career, Nick was recomended for the BOB project and did not hesitate to join. Little did he know the adventure that awaited him.
Appearance: Nick has many scars on his body from being through many of the wars between the IUNA and the UESR.
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) 1201992-0fury_large
I read the rules.
Aidan Carroll
Aidan Carroll
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:56 am

Taken-back. None of you but Aidan and Quaker are accepted so far.

Be sure to read the rules. >.>
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 am

I am thinking that would be quite fine. I will PM you with a few pin points about his situation unless you'd like to meet me up on the IRC some time?

You can just PM me.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

I read the rules.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:17 am

Thank you, everyone. Not that I need to worry about any mishaps from you. ^.~

Sure, Hermes, I'll just PM you, then.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 am

Read the rules have I and space left there is I hope. [/yoda voice]
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:06 am

Space is present, young padawan.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Name: Riddeon

Nickname: “Riddy”

Faction: Other World

Special Abilities: Riddeon is incredibly smart. Ever since he was six years old he has been building things from scraps and various tools in his dad’s laboratory. Riddeon has the ability to think very fast, his machine-like intelligence can sometimes overshadow his instincts and feelings, but he has tried to be more compassionate than his forefathers.

Bio/History: Riddeon is the King of the vastly technological Kurek, where intelligence is the most respected thing. He is the youngest ruler in Kurek City’s history, but despite this he has made vast improvements to the quality of life. During his parent's reign, the people were forced to do work at all hours of the day, barely eating or sleeping, and not making much money in spite of it.
However, the in past few years, Riddeon has ruled in voluntary work breaks, higher wages, and has increased the quality of the city. Even with these options, some people are hard locked into the old ways, and are opposed to Riddeon's belief of freedom in the workplace.

When Riddeon isn’t making political improvements, he is in his personal laboratory, working on various crazy inventions and concocting weird, personal experiments. He has the IQ of a super genius, but he tends to overwork himself and work on too many things at once, trying to balance his own intellectual appetite and his responsibilities to the people.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Read the rules and whatnot.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Accepted.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Wooooooooo, I already have a first post idea too >.> -is getting too far ahead of himself- Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Good stuff, man ;] Glad you're enthused!
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Name: Raaj Nasaug
Nickname: Ra or Raaj
Faction: Otherworld
Alignment and Personality: Chaotic Neutral

Raaj has become indifferent towards society’s standards and rules, only acting according to his own values. Despite his past, he still has the mentality of a proud warrior who carries himself with honor and dignity. His promises are treated like unbreakable bonds, though he rarely makes them save for contracting himself as a bodyguard. Raaj had become jaded to those around him, not caring to get to know them and showing no empathy to those who are struggling. Rarely will he act to protect the downtrodden if there is no gain for him, but he will be quick to gain retribution for a slight against his honor. Raaj has a personal issue with the use of firearms and magic in battle, viewing it as cowardly and had a tendency to look down upon those who utilize such weapons.

Race: Cane [Cah*nay] (Pl. Canim [Cah*nim])
Special Abilities?: Master swordsman, unarmed combat, martial weapon maintenance, combat tactics, and tracking.
Bio/ History: Was raised as a typical warrior caste Cane and was thrown into war against the constantly fighting Canim nations as an adolescent. For forty years, Raaj had survived hundreds of battles of every size and had grown to be one of the oldest, most seasoned of actively fighting warriors. It was no surprise that he had risen to the rank of Battlemaster and granted thousands of troops under his command. At the age of sixty-five, Raaj had found himself on the same battlefield that he had fought his very first clash upon against the very same enemy. Upon that discovery, he had realized the futility of his efforts and of all the friends and acquaintances he had lost over the decades. The countless warriors he had needlessly sent to their deaths along with all those he had killed himself weighed heavily upon him. It was only a few days later that Raaj had abandoned his position and left his homeland, never to look back.

Since that night, Raaj had lived his life as a wanderer and a mercenary. As much as he had grown tired of it, he knew that fighting was his life and livelihood. His skills are regularly sought after, but he is very selective with his contracts and will primarily stick to assignments where he is a bodyguard or championing for a duel.

Appearance:
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Alera__Canim_by_priscellie
Raaj is a large Cane, even by Canim standards, standing roughly ten feet tall (though his posture puts him closer to eight) and weighing over seven hundred pounds. His fur is jet black and is streaked with white from numerous scars.

Name: Tavi Valerian
Nickname: Tavi
Faction: Otherworld

Tavi, like most of his kind, is very curious and well natured. She is very intelligent, but lacks worldly experience, which makes her rather naive and oblivious to how dark the world can truly be. There have been a good number of instances where her gullibility had been used against her, but despite this she still believes that everybody has a good side to them. Inactivity causes Tavi to bore easily causing her to become antsy and restless; fortunately her innate curiosity makes it easy for her to find entertainment in even mundane things.

Race: Moogle
Special Abilities?: Minor healing and protection magic, simple elemental magic, short distance flight, tinkering, mechanics, repairing.
Bio/ History: Tavi had been the more independent of her siblings, preferring to spend most of her time in her father’s workshop. Delighted to have his child take such a strong interest in his trade, her father set aside time to teach Tavi how to troubleshoot, repair, and build a wide variety of things, most of which were items that he was commissioned to fix.

A recent incident with a damaged high-pressure power core caused an explosion within her father’s shop that gave him severe burns throughout his body along with destroying a portion of the store and commissions within. Overnight, the shop went bankrupt, her father’s reputation was ruined, and his ability to work was greatly inhibited. Having no other means of supporting life in such a populated area, the Valerians are being forced to move to a place that has a lower cost of living. Tavi is convinced that life in a smaller town would cause her to go mad with boredom, so she has been looking for a way out of her current path in life.

Appearance:
Calling Major Tom (Re-do) Ffta2-moogle
Tavi stands at about 3-1/2 feet tall and weighs around thirty-five pounds.

I've read the rules.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Accepted! Sorry for the short absence. I'm back and on to working the first post!

If you've yet to apply, no worries. It's not closed.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Well shoot, looks like I came back just in time. Can I throw down a reboot of my old app, or would that be too unreasonable?
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Others have done the same, Cypher. Just make sure to read the rules and I will double-check to make sure your old app is in the clear.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 am

Attie! I told you I was interested, remember? I just haven't had time to make my CS. Can I reserve this spot for it? And I'll post it in this post when I have it up and around?

And yes, I've read your rules. They were yellow, methinks.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Sure sure! I'll put your name up! Very Happy
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:43 pm

I have read the rules and find them to my liking. And no, I won't mess with your bolds and whatnot; I have a tendency to be mildly OCD as well. And the rules were also a very pleasant shade of goldenrod.

Name: Oller Dilarasse
Nickname: Major Dilarasse, Boss, Sir, "Ollie" (to his family and friends)
[/Faction: Otherworld - Kurek
Alignment and Personality: Good Neutral/True Neutral

Oller is a hardened, no-nonsense Army type. Some would go so far as to call him jaded, but that would be a misnomer - although Oller has seen a lot of death, bloodshed and violence, this has not worn him down; merely caused it to be hard for him to form attachments on a personal level. To that end, he has never married, never reared a child, and has very few friends. He very rarely uses his leave time for recreational activities, preferring to spend every moment prepared for a battle that most believe will never come. When he's on the job, he works his troops hard, trying to mold them into the "best of the best of the best", keeping them head and shoulders above the standard rank and file - which is just how the KRC should be.

He dislikes elves, and with the recent agression he has found a reason for both his lack of fondness for the fey-folk and his constantly alert manner. With the possibility of war lurking around every corner, Oller keeps his sword sharp and his crossbow ready at all times.

Special Abilities?: Marksmanship, stealth, agility, field medicine, tactics and leadership.
Bio/ History: Major Oller Dilarasse is a ranking member of the Kurekan Ranger Corps, a special division of the main military specialising in stealth missions, reconaissance and subterfuge in general (the KRC is similar in purpose to real world special operations divisions like Delta Force, the Navy SEALS, et cetera). Oller himself is a fifteen-year veteran of the Corps, having served since its genesis as one of its most faithful members.

"Ollie" was originally born outside of the city of Kurek, the child of two machinists working for a farming community that was slowly running dry. When business came to a stuttering halt, Oller moved away from the homeland and headed into the city, where he himself earned a job as a machinist. However, lacking the finesse and mechanical knowledge of his parents, Oller was wildly unsuccessful in this venture, and found himself out of a job and blacklisted amongst machinists for his almost legendary ineptitude. Oller finally decided to join the military, thinking that this would be his only choice.

"Ollie" saw action as a military police grunt attached to a unit policing the area around Tohan Factory after the Incident, where he recieved several commendations for his services. Eventually, after serving for several years and proving himself time and again in the sparse few engagements Kurek had entered in its time, Oller was assigned to the KRC, where he still works to this day.
Appearance: Oller could be described as "ruggedly handsome" if one were to get past his gruff demeanor. He has a well-aged, but slightly lined face, with sharp, angular features, deep-green eyes and a shoulder-length shock of dark-brown hair that is usually tied back in a long ponytail, but occasionally is left untouched. He has never been seen without a speckling of stubble across his chin. A long scar stretches from the center of his forehead to the bottom of his left cheek in a vague "J" shape.

Oller stands at 6'3" and weighs around 195 pounds, almost all of which is lean weight (muscle). He is always seen in the uniform of the KRC, a wildly different outfit from the standard Kurekan army. The uniform consists of a grey wool turtleneck sweater, tough brown work-pants, a pair of gaitered black leather boots and a long black leather trench-coat with multiple pockets and holsters. Secured across Oller's waist is a wide leather belt with two items on it - an experimental three-barreled, double-action revolver referred to as a "Hydra" and the sabre of a Kurekan Cavalry officer. He also shuns the traditional long guns of the Kurekan army in favor of a crossbow that is loaded from a drum magazine using relatively simple clockwork technology.

Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 am

Accepted, added, and I'm posting.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:59 am

<Loki|Netflix>: Attie, both of my characters will be starting in the same city, though I don't know what sort of cities we are looking at and their proximity to the crashsite
<Attie|Posting>: Okay.
<Attie|Posting>: Until I can get a map made... Imagine this, and bare with me.
<Attie|Posting>: (Note, this is only a small section of the world that I am describing) Imagine a triangle: The three points are Kurek, Jadan, and Bernadice. In the direct center of that triangle is the Enigmatic Woods, facing all three cities, technically.
<Attie|Posting>: Between Kurek and EW, there is a small amount of grassland, but nothing else to stop them from contact, which has turned in to a war over many years.
<Attie|Posting>: Between Bernadice (a city within a huge ass desert covered in a sandstorm) and EW is grassland, dessert, and again, that huge ass sandstorm.
<Attie|Posting>: Between Jadan and EW is a large body of water, an ocean if you will, making Jadan on a separate continent (not an island) that has other cities (unnamed or created, to leave room for players to create).
<Attie|Posting>: That body of water is the crashsite. Between EW and Jadan. Bernadicians would not see the ship falling because of the storm.
<Attie|Posting>: Kurek MIGHT see it, only if looking at that exact moment through a telescope or something like one.
<Attie|Posting>: Jadan will definitely, and any elves on that side of EW will definitely.
<Attie|Posting>: Also, people around or sailing in the ocean.
<Attie|Posting>: So, that is the only landscape I presented because if anyone wanted to make up a race or a city or a town, etc, they have PLENTY of room to do so.
<Attie|Posting>: Does this make sense?

<Loki|Netflix>: I assume the cities you mentioned are the big cities with lots of people, yes?

<Attie|Posting>: Yes, they are the 3 major cities that I came up with. Other major cities MAY be created, as well as smaller towns within said triangle, if so chose.
<Attie|Posting>: As we go, I may add things to this 'map' as we chart it out and venture forth, because Lord knows we won't all come up with everything RIGHT NOW and it may come out of our asses later.

<Loki>: Right, I was just getting an idea of the scale of this cities. Are they comprised of an even(ish) population of the major races or does each city have a majority of a certain race?
<Attie>: Kurek is safe to say that every race can be found there unless otherwise specified by a player. (For example, the character "T" and it's race were specified as a race that the rest of the population were NOT found of.)
<Attie>: Jadan has primarily human or of some human decent (half-human, etc), but moogles or other peaceful races (so long as they enjoy Utopian life / Socialism) would also be there.
<Attie>: Bernadice is strictly the vampiric people.

Any more questions on the world til I make a map?
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm

The first post is up, by the way.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I'll have a post as soon as I have a smidge of free time, ma'am. Just a bit busy right now is all.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next