FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+15
Chainlinc3
Eternity
Gunneh
Fluesopp
Loki
Bird of Hermes
Hello Danger
Kalon Ordona II
Shadow Moonseye
quakernuts
Blackrock
Buzzwulf
Dax
Guilty Carrion
Gadreille
19 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 4 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:05 pm

We are listening. Nothing is set in stone yet. People are just throwing around ideas.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:32 pm

As delightful as all those ideas are...it's kinda...well, it's just you four. Everyone else? We're just thrown to the faceless masses. That's not exactly fair, nor entirely logical.

Also, uh, I'm calling this up.

At the source, though, Light = Good and Shadow = Evil.
I'm heavily inclined to disagree. It's an element. Nothing more. We assume it's evil, because people often use it for such. But to label an entire element evil and the other good? Dosen't make much sense. But, that's minor compared to...

Their deity, Sanctus Unus, is their interpretation of whatever highest being rules the Spirit Plane and, by extention, everything in existence.
No. One of the biggest rules since the beginning has been No Proven Existing Deities. Morgarath and Alos are already flipping around this line saying maybe I am, maybe I'm not but...seriously. That's too much. He rules everything, and he's viewed as a god? He's a god.

As great as everything you guys have been saying is, it really is focused on you guys and you guys alone. I know I'm rarely outspoken in here, but...we need more than just that. I know we all need to contribute and that, and I will once I think on this some more, but I wanted to get this out there now.

And I'm sorry about the delay on the Lich info. I've been sick, mangled and working alot lately. It's making things difficult. I'll get it up ASAP. Sorry.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Plaguewalker raises some good points. And I would also like to add on to something that he said.

Light and dark are nothing more than elemental forces. Dark tries to conquer light, and as a result is considered evil. Suppose the dark wins. Is it still evil? What about when light tries to reconquer the dark? Is light then evil? They are nothing but forces working against each other. Good and evil are determined by morals and ethics, by the beliefs of those who associate themselves with either force. Light does not equal evil, however those who consider themselves a part of the light may BELIEVE themselves to be good based on the morals and ethics they uphold. The same could hold true for the dark.

It is very important that you all understand this, because this is pushing the boundaries of what has been established as the general rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Well, as both Plague and Silvone have covered everything I was going to say , I won't restate it. However, I will say that I completely agree with both of them.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Honestly I agree with you. Though I would say Morgarath the character is indeed an evil one. Smile

Silvone do you think you could give me a hand with the other issue at hand? I wish to be able to choose the manner in which morgarath is destroyed. Since he is my character and since he must die I only ask that I be allowed to decide how?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Maybe we should just wait til we get to the end to talk about this. That way, no one feels that their character's end is determined in advance.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

hmm. I've got a feeling that this has the potential of another emoria flame war.

Alright, I'll just leave my thought on the matter so that everyone can keep from killing each other. I agree with the light and dark ruling entirely: light isn't good, and shadow isn't necessarily evil, any more than a snake is evil when it bites you. Predisposed towards certain frames of mind, perhaps, but not entirely bent towards maliciousness.

And plague is right when he says that the idea of me, dax, and kalon dealing with morgarath isn't inclusive. nobody else really has anything to do with it, and it isn't really fair to them if they would like to be involved.

I would say that it would be a much better idea to go with whatever raptor puts out for how he wants the end of Morgarath to come about, regardless of the amount of drama inherent in the idea. It's not a bad idea-- it just won't work in this context.

If you don't want to give up the (admittedly awesome) concept entirely, let's talk to raptor about what he would like to do first.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 pm

We could, but...honestly, I think some finer points should be laid out, or else we end up dicussing this at the last possible second, which pushes the actual end back. We'll argue no matter what. Might as well get SOME of it done now.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:59 pm

buzzwulf wrote:
I would say that it would be a much better idea to go with whatever raptor puts out for how he wants the end of Morgarath to come about, regardless of the amount of drama inherent in the idea. It's not a bad idea-- it just won't work in this context.

If you don't want to give up the (admittedly awesome) concept entirely, let's talk to raptor about what he would like to do first.

That will work. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 pm

To be honest, I like their ideas. But, yes, it is your choice to decide ultimately what happens to your character. While his demise is essential to the story as a whole, the manner of his demise is something that must ultimately be agreed upon by all parties involved, particularly Raptorman. Morgarath is Raptor's character. I'm sure the rest of you wouldn't want him to decide on the manner of death, or the manner of anything, for your character just because he thought it was better for the story. It is something we all like to decide for ourselves. I'll admit, Morgarath is a big part of the story, and how evil is ultimately destroyed is essential to all stories. However, this is Raptor's character, and his opinion in this instance carries more weight than anyone else's.

But that doesn't mean that the manner of his death must ultimately affect any others either. For example, you cannot say (not that you would, its just an example) "I want Morgarath to strike down half of the players before he is killed. That would be the only way to do him justice." That would affect the other characters.
However, asking for a large battle rather than a simple assassination is not asking for too much, I believe. Especiallly since that is the way we were already headed.

As I said in the beginning, I happen to like the plan they were discussing. But it is not our choice, nor our right to determine how to kill Morgarath. This is something I would like to have a general agreement on, and Raptor's agreement in this issue is essential.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Just to make a quick agreement on the topic, I also like the idea of light and dark planes being elemental in nature without a built-in alignment.

Even though it seems like the discussion has pretty much reached a conclusion, I might as well weigh in my opinion. As I mentioned in one way or another, if a player's world space is going to be significantly altered in a negative way (be it in the form of invasion or destruction of a key figure) the manner of which things should play out should be most heavily influenced by that player rather than the one(s) attacking. In this case, seek out a compromise most definitely, but it should ultimately meet Raptor's approval in the end.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

I always imagined the pirate poppn' a cap in Morgarath at the end to seal the deal! Pirate Gun

* shrugs *

That's just me Wink

Kidding.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Initial ideas might better be pitched via Pm before announcing here, to avoid the Emoria Court of Bluntness. Lol Smile

In other news, I'm going to be moving stuff around the information thread in order to make room for an expanded geography section. Don't expect it to look much different, but do expect the links to be a crazy mess of weirdness for a bit. Also, if there is something that needs to be put in the info thread which I have missed, please tell me now. I will be logged on as Silvone so if it is via PM send them to him.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Maybe, but, the court is kinda useful. Because if you put all the effort into planning...only for us all to start sharpening our swords and rattling them and shredding ideas. It's kinda annoying to do all the work, eh?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Lol, Danger, that would be awesome, I have to admit. It simply MUST happen one way or another in the story. Maybe pop a cap of the head jailor on the island thing? Classy.

And yah, in the end it is better if Raptor agrees. But I would just like to clear something up from that. There is still the epic battle, it is just that my version makes Morgarath inulverable to a light coup-de-grace, NEEDING something with shadow to finish the job. The honor would be given to Saint for obvious reasons. However when it comes to that Morgarath will probably be nearly dead/unconcious/insulting everyone by then.

But holy crap believe me there will be an epic showdown between light vs. evil.

Besides, what is an epic showdown between the two main forces of the universe if there is no rematch between the two most hated people in Emoria! I will let you guess who those two people are. xD

Edit: I agree with Plague, mostly because I am the 'epais' (french term for fool) who does both.

Edit: WHOUPS I just realized I missed about 6-7 posts before posting this. Disregard everything in this post except the first paragraph and the edits.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Expect a Poll within the next couple of days. I am allowing the four newest members to propose names for the second continent, then all members of Emoria will vote for a winner. I look forward to finding out what it is Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

If it is anything near the awesomeness that is Talonia/Renjira Krin, I think it will be awesome.

I am now visioning something exotic, yet familiar - savage, yet classy - scary, yet comforting - Yes, I like paradoxes.... nomnomnom.

Last edited by Dax on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Well remember Emoria is the whole world, including the second landmass. Talonia is the northern continent, Renjira Krin the southern, and Irrasomething that I can't remember the large island to the west. The new landmass is techincally a part of "Emoria", though they might not use the term. Still, we need a name for the continent itself.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Ah, excuse me as I sulk in embarassment.

I fixed my previous post.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Smile It's ok, I was confused a bit myself when I was editing the maps section...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 am

So there is a new map with new land areas readily claimable?
I'd love to map it, and claim it for my own.
I shall call it Arcona and it shall be mine and it shall be my Arcona.
Ninja Disappear

Being new and all, I don't really understand the purpose of these two OoC threads. What goes where? And in which thread does one post after character creation?
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:55 am

The second map is in the map sections of the Info thread and is called "Second Landmass" I think. There are three land claims on it already but a lot of space left for you to pick a spot.

World Building thread was/is used to discuss creations of characters and landspaces. Since most of us have done this we don't use it much, but you can still use it if you want. This OOC thread is supposed to be more for story progression.

When your character is finished you may post it in the Information thread. We will eventually link it to the character section after we get your emoria icon finished.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm in the process of putting all land claims on one map, as well as making the geography section for the second landmass. I haven't heard back from any of the new members regarding a possible continent name.

Edit:

We have one name pitch so far.

I updated the geography section...and I have a big map of both landmasses put together. The only problem is I don't know where to upload it since every site I use resizes it badly. Any suggestions?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:35 pm

I have an FTP server I use to upload files and images to. It's 750GB of space, with 7500GB of bandwidth per month.
If you wish you can use that.
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Thank you, Fluesopp. How do I get the file to you? It's in photoshop (.psd) format right now. Also I might want to wait until I get the name(s) of the new continent hammered out so we don't have to worry about doing this over and over again.

Geography section is now up to date and the scale can be used on any of the images shown there. The only image not to scale that is from me is the second landmass. for some reason photoshop won't let me upload it...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Three ways:
First you can try to upload the image here: http://fluesoppen.com/host/
If that doesn't work, or you wish to upload the psd file, try this: http://fluesoppen.com/host/
(edit: Password is "Passord123")
And if neither works, PM me and I'll give you some ftp user details.

Also, I added the names to the countries to the map.
http://fluesoppen.com/images/div/World%20Map%20Chart2.jpg
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I actually found another way to make it work! Thank you for the offer though, I may have to take you up on it in the future.

I posted up your updated map. I've also posted up a map of all of Emoria with all of the land names that I know of. I didn't put anything topographical but someday would like to make one.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluesopp Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:13 pm

That's one huge land area...
Alright. I'll try to settle in.
Fluesopp
Fluesopp
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:41 pm

By the way, how is interaction between our two continents happen for the time being? I forget if this was already discussed, but will only select special cases (I.E the RPers) will have found their way to our continent or are both continents in good communication? Last I heard of, Talonia and the southern continent with a very hard spelling barely knew of the continents existence, etc.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm

I think we are kind of making it up as it goes. Lady and I had decided that her lands and Sretin were trading with one another (which makes sense if you look at the map). There is also some interaction with Spectre's land and Valinyx. Overall the other landmass is supposed to be rather distant, esp considering that none of them came to the council. We will assume (for now) that Morgarath's destruction has not reached them, which makes them isolated in a sense. This of course can change as the story progresses.

That was a whole lot of blah blah blah...did I manage to answer your question somewhere in there?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next