FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+15
Chainlinc3
Eternity
Gunneh
Fluesopp
Loki
Bird of Hermes
Hello Danger
Kalon Ordona II
Shadow Moonseye
quakernuts
Blackrock
Buzzwulf
Dax
Guilty Carrion
Gadreille
19 posters

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Hello Danger Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Dax, can you come up with some more details about the island prison you and I talked about. It may be getting put to use for a backstory. PM if you need help Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 am

I didn't have my disc with my portrait on it when I was in portland. I was hoping no one would notice Embarassed
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh, in that case nevermind. Just wanted to give a friendly reminder.

And does anyone have any opinions on the idea that Silvone and I came up with?

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello Danger,

It's me, Ryona. I just want you to know I miss your posts.

*cough cough*
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Everything did slow down a bit, indeed.

Would a posting list/order for every sub chapter be in order then? Because, if I recall, things were rolling ever soo wonderfully when we were using that system towards the end of the council.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:59 pm

I was going to leave it up to individual groups to keep track of it, but I can always make lists and update them in the post that is currently available. I left up the two day post claim rule for that very reason.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I think it could be that it just takes longer to get posts out here sometimes. And unlike the council we can't just skip to the next person. If everyone is waiting for someone to reply and their reply is critical to what happens then skipping doesn't work so well

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Well yah, what Ryona said.

Little individual lists between each person in said chapters. Say for MoN it would be Kalon, Buzz, Raptor and I. There would be a list and a time limit as to whom posts when. I was just throwing that out there.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Just a helpful tip:
If you're using a different computer that doesn't have your character portrait on it, you can always copy the url from another one of your posts. All you have to do is edit or quote, then copy and paste.
Or, you could also just right click on the image and find an option that says something like Copy Link Location. Then just use the url inside an image tag in your post. Smile

As for the seasons, it's nice to keep them in mind, but my suggestion was to have them be chapter divisions, as an answer to month-long travel journeys.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm

As for the seasons, it's nice to keep them in mind, but my suggestion was to have them be chapter divisions, as an answer to month-long travel journeys

Does it matter? xD

No matter who we use it, it will give the same results.

Now Kalon, I call upon thee to post! Huzzah!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm

I will try to get my post for Valinyx up some time tomorrow. Or tonight after work if I'm really feelin' it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Should we post the reminders/list on the OOC or just keep it via PM's?
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:50 pm

I just realized that I never offered a summary of my plans in regards to Emoria. I've talked to some of you about this, but I feel that it would be a good idea to just finalize it with everyone. Here's the issue: I don't technically have a worldspace. My worldspace was part of Katheryns, and it sort of disappeared when she did. I also never actually had control over it in the first place, so no real loss there.

You might be asking how this has relevance to plot information. It doesn't! The only interaction I get to do is character-driven, so anything I do will only affect other characters, rather than nations. While this is not necessarily always going to be true (for example, it's possible I could go kill a major political figure or something of the sort), I have no plans to do otherwise currently. Should that change, I will certainly be more than happy to inform everyone that I may be involved in a mjor shift of the landscape.

I do, however, feel that I should illuminate some things in regards to the way I intend to develop my characters in the future. I'll start with Saint.

First of all, I need to stress the point that he is looking for redemption. When he began his descent, he was doing so entirely for the good of his sister, and he had no intentions of actually aiding Morgarath. Now that he is caught in that web, he is desperately trying to escape it while still attempting to seems loyal AND keep his sister safe. This is a very dangerous game, obviously.

As for Lairelosse, I'm a little more hazy on how I want her to develop as of yet. There are several things I want to do with her. First, she will gain some semblance of sanity as a result of losing her ability as a seer. This change will be very quick, perhaps one or two posts, and may happen fairly soon, or much later, depending on events unfolding within Emoria. I haven't really decided yet. I'm also toying with deepening her connection with her spirits (which is a bad thing, probably), and maybe giving her a very loose sense of morality (which is probably a good thing, at least for her). I'll update on her as I become more sure about my concepts.

I hope that this is satisfactory.

Last edited by buzzwulf on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

@Silv @Ryona - I had community service this weekend, and a football game today (we won), so I wasn't able to get to a post. I should have something up this week. PM me if you need to.
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:45 am

OK, before I just start a-posting, I'd better get this plot disclosure out of the way.
First of all, I have no idea what I'm about to type. I have stuff in my head, sort-of, so let's just start rambling and see if it makes sense. ^^

Forth!!

I guess the best way to do this is to focus on my world-space. This includes two parts. One, the island continent of Irrihyánë; Two, the Light Plane.

Irrihyánë includes Aendrel in the west and Äm in the east. It was the elves' first, then humans were found there, who eventually founded Mandor, then Vatienne, then Äm. I have control of Äm now, with Dax helping out, but I don't have any plot for them at the moment. I didn't plan this, but they've become something of an ace-in-the-hole, it must be admitted. Smile All I know for certain is that they have a very element-focused tradition, are very martial and in tune with the natural forces of the world -- an odd sort of mix between european knights and eastern samurai. They're also shamanistic, and have a strong connection with the Spirit Plane, even stronger than Vatienne, mostly due to proximity to the Rift in Aendrel.

Aendrel is the main focus of my world-space. The home of my Thendári, it contains a lot of things I want to develop over the course of the story. I plan to visit there as soon as I can, probably after we go to the Mountains of Night and then Vatienne. I'll talk about them later.

The Light Plane is inhabited by the Araltári, vibration-oriented beings who live to create and express and experience new things. I don't have any solid plans for them yet, except as a last resort. The Thendári are allowed in the Light Plane, so if worse comes to worst, they can be sheltered there. Immortal, they can afford to wait out a crisis, if it comes to that. The main focus of the Light Plane in this story is its Lord, Alos--whom I have yet to make a character sheet for. I'll try to share some of his abilities here, though.

Alos cannot teleport, like Morgarath can, but Alos can fly quite fast. Sort-of anime levitate-ish.
Alos can manipulate light, of course.
Alos can vibrate parts of himself to produce light, sound, music, and even affect the emotions of other beings. If he is touching something, he can apply this ability to that with similar effect. He can produce any number of different vibrations simultaneously.
Alos carries a staff; I have no idea yet what it does or what it's for. Maybe it's part of his connection to the Spirt Plane, as the Lord of Light. A possible authority symbol, plus some other attributes. It, too, can produce light, like a miniature star.

As I see it, the Light Plane is to be the ultimate force for good, and the Shadow Plane is the ultimate force for evil, while the Spirit Plane dictates balance. This isn't to say that Light is ONLY good and Shadow is ONLY bad, but as a whole and at the core, this would be true. It is not necessarily also true of the inhabitants ore leaders of the respective planes, but of the pure essence of the planes themselves, it is. That is to say, Alos might not necessarily be utterly perfectly good, and Morgarath might not be utterly perfectly evil. And the Spirit Plane is superior to both. At the source, though, Light = Good and Shadow = Evil. In this story, as I see it, both will triumph for a time, and yet not. The past couple thousand years have seen a certain balance, since neither Morgarath nor Alos was acting in plain sight; their struggles remained behind the scenes, thanks to the Paladins. Now, though, there's about to be a huge swing for Evil, and then hopefully a resolution in the opposite direction, yet still with bad guys to spare, for part two.

Which brings me back to Aendrel. I don't yet have any solid plans for the elves themselves (hey that rhymes), but I suppose they'll help out somehow. Plus it looks like they'll be attacked by Morgarath's minions. Something about wraiths?

Anyway, obviously my focus is on the Paladins, so here it is.
The Paladins answer only to Alos, as opposed to the rulers of Aendrel (which is pretty much Alos anyway, but still). Their allegiance to Aendrel is now secondary to their allegiance to the Light Plane. Effectively, they are agents of Light in the Material Plane. Alos needs and has relied on them to hold back the Shadow so that things develop properly. Unfortunately, it looks like Morgarath might be able to do a lot of damage anyway; he's had a lot of time to plan and prepare and weave his webs of doom. ^^ He probably has plans within plans. Right? That's always the best way for the good guys to win: against all odds.

My plan for the Paladins is just to do what they do: be the best Good Guys they can be, even if they have to stand alone against the darkness. (heh, kinda poetic. ^^)

Over the foreseeable future, they'll be going with Saint, Jean and Asmodeaus for a tour of the Mountains of Night. Raptorman and I have a plan with Asmodeaus and the Sythen and the Paladins, involving infiltration and glorious, horrible betrayal. Apparently Morgarath has used the Sythen to help the Paladins over the years, building and building and building trust all for such a time as this, when he can betray it all and leave Aendrel vulnerable. I'm not sure how it'll all go down, but it's bound to be quite a nice bit of plot.

Then there's Vatienne. After Jean's made Papus, he'll have to make a journey to the Rift to get close to the Spirit Plane, in the long-established tradition of the Vatiennien clergy. Their deity, Sanctus Unus, is their interpretation of whatever highest being rules the Spirit Plane and, by extention, everything in existence. The Thendári call this being the Highest, and were worshiping it long before they started converting to Sanctus Unus. Anyway, this trip that Jean must make is the perfect time to go to Aendrel and have the Paladins report their findings to the rest of the Paladins, and also the perfect time to introduce Alos as a player character (by Me).

After that, we'll go with the flow. If there's a war on, we'll join it. By the time it ends up clearly against the Shadow, the Paladins would be at the forefront.

My vague plan for a possible ending is a huge battle that, at its core, features a duel between Alos and Morgarath, surrounded by Paladins vs. Highers, surrounded by Heroes and elves and soldiers vs. Pirates and beast-tribe warriors, surrounded by all the other good guys vs. all the other gad guys, surrounded by a big mêlée of faceless combatants. I suppose Alos would win, Morgarath would die (but not really; there's a plan for him to continue on, in a way, within Asmodeaus), and the Shadow Lords that make up Morgarath would Diminish, fleeing to the Shadow Plane to recover for a (long?) time.

Afterward, either Alos would retreat to the Light Plane himself, at the behest of the Spirit Plane, or he'd stay and, in addition to Asmodeaus still being around and the addition of the other continent and who knows what all else... we'll get to see what happens when there's too much Light. Twisted Evil
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:41 pm

I honestly find Alos a bit squally since the very beginning, but that is just my opinion. What can I say, I have a prejudice against demi-gods. Whatever.

Anyway, this is probably early, but another ending I had instead of having Alos kill Morgarath for some reason, because the last time that he was 'slain' but one person or and agent of the light we all know how that ended; BOOM!

I was thinking that to make mor epic, Morgarath not be destroyed by merely one person, but by 3 (or at least three). Now this is what I was thinking: Alos (of course), the Papus ( he got a callback, what?) and.... SAINT! WHATTATWIST! In all seriousness though, let me explain.

When it all comes down to it, the only thing that can destroy Shaodw is light right? Wrong! If indeed it was the only thing that could meet shadows destruction, then a shadowy being, would have to do, is find a way to mitigate the power of light to be nearly unstoppable, correct? Wrong, AGAIN! What is the only element that can destroy every element without hesitation? no, not Spirit, no not a god, but the element itself.

If common knowledge is that the shadows would only need to defend itself to the light to be unstoppable, but they would be all but oblivious that the shadows themselves can destroy the shadows, which is where Saint comes in. So, here is the thing; the Papus/Alos whittle down Morgarath as the spireans, good pirates, remaining sorceress', those from Kvatch, paladins, vatienniens, arbians, etc. fight the Tynir and armies of darkness.

Once the dust settles down and Morgarath is but a hair from death, the shadows in him know that he won't die, presuming that the last blow will come from either the Papus or Alos, never presuming that he will actually die and be killed by one who seeks redemption and salvation from the very darkness he is about to destroy: Saint.

Of course, more things are to be worked out and of course accepted, but this is what I had in mind for the very end.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Dax that would be clever if not for 1 rather large flaw. Saint is physically incapable of harming morgarath. Due to the corruption process and the blood oaths and such sworn. You could ask buzzwulf about it too, he is the one who told me about that before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Those are but things that can add to how symbolic the action of killing Morgarath could be. In fact, those ties probably make things more interesting and, believe it or not, realisitic. I shall speak to you about those details when I can.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Dax wrote:Those are but things that can add to how symbolic the action of killing Morgarath could be. In fact, those ties probably make things more interesting and, believe it or not, realisitic. I shall speak to you about those details when I can.

I also kind of don't like the whole idea, I prefer the big epic battle way of doing things to this backstabbery. And it is impossible for him to do it. The ties make it impossible. Not difficult but impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Well in that case say you do not like the idea instead of saying there is only one flaw or else you will make me think of other suitable options. Now that I know you don't like the idea, it changes things, you see?

However, I find that the Saint redemption thing is really a focal point of emoria, since he has no world-space. How we do it is up to debate, however. My suggestion was one way of going at it. Besides, and this goes for everything else in this RP and RPs/stories in general; they are our creation thus ours to mold.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Dax wrote:Well in that case say you do not like the idea instead of saying there is only one flaw or else you will make me think of other suitable options. Now that I know you don't like the idea, it changes things, you see?

However, I find that the Saint redemption thing is really a focal point of emoria, since he has no world-space. How we do it is up to debate, however. My suggestion was one way of going at it. Besides, and this goes for everything else in this RP and RPs/stories in general; they are our creation thus ours to mold.

I don't think saint needs redemption that much really. He will be released from the oaths he swore as soon as morgarath dies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:25 pm

This is making me feel so non-epic right now. I should go plot all kinds of mischief with the Elemental Planes.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:44 pm

I actually really like the idea. Not only does it provide a certain amount of drama to the character, but it sort of seems like everything is coming around full circle if Saint is the one to finally end the threat. However, for something like that to happen, he would have to break his bindings, which are enormously powerful. There are maybe two beings that could do that.

1: Alos.

2: maybe, MAYBE the papus of vatienne. And He's have to personally forgive Saint first.

In neither of these cases would the actual physical changes reverse, but at least he would be free of any mental bindings, and thus free to act against Morgarath as he sees fit. However, there's still the issue of Morgarath holding his sister... which would also have to be resolved.

I do, however, rather like the idea of being instrumental in the downfall of Morgarath himself after working to benefit him for such a long time. I'll leave final say up to you guys.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:52 pm

I am going to say I don't like the idea. I would rather the epic battle end than this by far.I hate it when evil gets screwed by traitorous minions. Least favorite way for evil to fall in a book or story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Maybe your least favorite, but most satisfying for said minion and player.

Besides. this is probably going to hppen in literally the last moments of Emoria (that is, before the sequel...?). Basically all that will be left will be Morgarath and those three people up in that dark tower of his, everything else will probably be dead...

Meh, if well planned we can make this pretty epic/awesome/head explosive material and SURELY find something that will be badass for Morgarath to do in his last moments.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Dax wrote:Maybe your least favorite, but most satisfying for said minion and player.

Besides. this is probably going to hppen in literally the last moments of Emoria (that is, before the sequel...?). Basically all that will be left will be Morgarath and those three people up in that dark tower of his, everything else will probably be dead...

Meh, if well planned we can make this pretty epic/awesome/head explosive material and SURELY find something that will be badass for Morgarath to do in his last moments.

Considering it is my character who is about to die I would prefer to be able to choose the manner of his death. And lest we not forget his character will live on. Mine will be dead and gone, my wishes should take precedence because of that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Now I am picturing Alos, Jean and Saint standing before Morgarath ready to fight with some really dramatic music and lighting. Epic.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Just remember we've got a long way to go to really be worrying about that yet...and if no one thinks about posting now then we aren't ever going to get there. Wink

-Ryona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Can you please listen to me? I do not want that ending. I am going to lose. Let me at least lose in a way that is satisfying to me?

I don't want to seem abrasive or anything I just want to be able to decide what happens in the end to my stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:38 pm

-nervous face- I think that the person who owns the character should decide how he or she dies. -sad face- I would not want some one to say to me that my character has to die in a predetermined -did I spell that right?- way.

I am sorry for chiming in if I bothered any one. -nervous face-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next