FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browser Opera

3 posters

Go down

Browser Opera Empty Browser Opera

Post by Clyde Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I mainly use the browser Opera. It doesn't appear the site is functioning very nicely with Opera though. I can get on the site just fine, can click on an individual thread, but I cannot click on the individual forum.

So if I wanted to click on Introductions I'd get a blank page.

But if I clicked on "Hi I'm Sally" the thread I can go into the thread.

Is this site compatible with Opera? If not, is there a possibility to make it compatible?
Clyde
Clyde
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Browser Opera Empty Re: Browser Opera

Post by Weiss Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:51 am

Since our forum structure is confined to the limitations of the Forumotion template, we can't really increase or decrease its generic compatibility with specific browsers. If there was one or two specific issues, such as an image loading problem or radio buttons gone AWOL, it might be possible to fix it via the CSS or a ticket on the Forumotion help boards, but what you're asking for would be an issue for the Forumotion development team.

So, the simple answer to your question is: no, we can't make the forums anymore compatible with Opera, because that is an issue with Forumotion, our host service. I believe most (if not every) other browser(s) work(s) fine, though. Unless you're particularly stuck on Opera, I'd suggest Firefox or Chrome. Each is known to have much fewer compatibility issues than Opera.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Clyde Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:43 am

Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
Clyde
Clyde
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by OpSat Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Sorry for the late response, but I think I'll finally jump in and provide an answer. Opera seems to only be having difficulty with FOG, which means its not a server-side issue with Forumotion. Whenever I try to load the sub-indexes, it seems to load everything fine, but then the background randomly jumps in front of everything else. This indicates a CSS error that is only effecting Opera. Other phpBB3 boards running with Forumotion don't have this problem.

After checking through Opera's Dragonfly application, I wasn't able to, yet, pinpoint the problem. The error console was just teeming with a bunch of common misunderstandings in the CSS here, which is quite common for any website, actually.

For now, until I can find and suggest the fix, I recommend using Browser Opera 218 as it works best with FM boards and is actually must faster than Opera. True, it doesn't have the wowing window effects and widgets that Opera brings you, but its more reliable when it comes to speed and site compatibility.

OpSat
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down