FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ghost Opera: Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now]

+4
The Melancholy Spirit
Aya MacArthur
Guilty Carrion
Gunneh
8 posters

Go down

The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Empty The Ghost Opera: Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now]

Post by Gunneh Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 am

There was once a time when darkness prevailed across the world, a time when the bountiful human race was in a near-constant risk of death at all times. The creatures of myth roamed the hillsides and villages of the world, terrorizing the people night and day. Still, throughout all of the chaos, life was still manageable if one was careful enough to learn the facts about these creatures.

All of that faded away during the Italian Renaissance when these creatures began to band together with one objective in mind: To plunge the world into darkness and rule over their weaker human counterparts. The death rate skyrocketed and, in a last ditch effort to stop this evil coup, the Pope made a decision that went against all that the Vatican had been known for for hundreds of years: The Church made a deal with world-renowned wizard and alchemist Nicolas Flamel to create a spell powerful enough to bind these creatures for all time.

Flamel, knowing the power of one of the most primal types of magic in the world, music, teamed up with Tomas D'Angelico, a very famous Italian composer to create the most powerful binding spell known to man. They named the piece Il Fantasma Opera, or The Ghost Opera. On October 31, 1403, the piece was played and the creatures were bound to the spiritual plane and the world was safe. The sheet music was then locked away deep within the Vatican.

The date is December 24, 2012, and one of the lesser priests within the Church came across the sheet music for an unknown piece called Il Fantasma Opera. Upon further inspection of the piece, the Pope decides to broadcast the piece over an internationally broadcasted Christmas Mass as his own gift to the world. The next day, without knowing the full extent of his actions, his Holiness brings back an eternal darkness on the world.

Types of Creatures

Demons: Forget everything you know about these baddies and listen up. Demons are possibly the most lethal of any of the creatures released by the singing of Il Fantasma Opera because of one reason in particular: They're shapeshifters. Also, forget any notion of these creatures being fallen angels. The idea that these things used to be angels implies that there was some bit of good in whatever they call a soul. Usually able to wield any one of the elements, but not able to cross water. Demons can't cross the threshold of a home without building up enough energy to cross. Your best bet is to run if you encounter one of these beasties.

Vampires: Eat your heart out, Stephanie Meyer. What makes these creatures so deadly is the fact that they actually look like humans with the exception of their pale skin and elongated canines. That's right, boys and girls, there are NO sparkly vampires. Most of these creatures speak Vampyric, a series of high-pitched squeals, hisses and guttural growls used as a form of communication with one another, but some have learned to speak English or other languages. They have weaknesses to light and severe allergies to silver and garlic. A sure-fire way to end a vampire is to pierce the heart and burn the body. The former is usually enough to do the trick, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Werewolves: The easiest to spot, but possibly the hardest to kill due to their physical prowess. The creatures look like a cross between humans and wolves and they don't need moon to change. In fact, these werewolves stay in this form all day, everyday. They're able to run between 40 and 50 MPH and can lift nearly ten times their body weight. Their only weakness is their allergy to silver, so you'd best melt down some jewelery before you decide to take one of these bad boys on.

Harpies: The winged she-beasts of Greek mythology are more of a nuisance than a threat unless they attack in flocks. These are probably the easiest to kill of the creatures released during the Second Opera because removing the wings leaves them defenseless.

Sirens: The singing seductresses of the mythological world can mean certain death for any mortal who hears their song. The winged beasts are similar to harpies in the way in which to defeat them, but the only difference is that removing the wings only makes it easier to fight her. The only sure-fire way to stop a siren is to destroy the song by removing the head or damaging the throat.

Managgal: The Managgal is a former human that had been bitten by a vampire and sucked dry. The poison in the vampires fangs causes all the flesh to fade away, and they become mindless minions of their sire, bringing them live humans in exchange for scraps. They're relatively weak compared to their sires, although their strength truly depends on how strong they were when bitten. They have allergies to holy objects, light, and silver.

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance: (Go ahead and give me a picture. If you can't find a picture, go ahead and write me a description.)
Biography:
Personality:
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon:
Skills:
PLEASE NOTE THAT, AS GM, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY CHARACTER SUBMITTED AT MY OWN DISCRETION. NO IF'S, AND'S OR BUT'S ABOUT IT.

Three players, chosen by MYSELF, will be the only ones to play the main three baddies. All other players MUST CREATE HUMAN CHARACTERS. Even the three chosen to play my villains are required to create a primary human character so as to keep the plot moving along.

ALL OTHER CREATURES ASIDE FROM THE THREE ARE CONSIDERED NPCs

OFFICIAL PLAYER COUNT: 7/7

Last edited by Gunneh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Empty Re: The Ghost Opera: Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now]

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 am

Yo. You already know my interest. Holding this spot for a CS.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Empty Re: The Ghost Opera: Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now]

Post by Aya MacArthur Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:56 am

Name: Rose Vecchi
Appearance: The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Vampire_Remake
Biography: Rose was a foreign exchange student in Rome. Her major: art. What better place to study Renaissance art then in Rome, right? Being American in Italy was actually pretty easy when you knew Italian. Both her parents were born in Italy, but moved to America when they married. She learned Italian and English at the same time. Both were her native tongue, you might say.
Personality: Rose is a spaz. She can never keep focused on anything. She is loud, and sometimes obnoxious. It is hard not to notice her.
Primary Weapon: Being alone in Rome, Rose owns a set of throwing knives. Don’t assume that she doesn’t know how to use them.
Secondary Weapon: Though she hates to use it, she also owns a Browning 9mm.
Skills: Very quick with her weapons, and spot on aim, she could be deadly if she wanted to be. Rose is also very smart and observant when she isn’t having a massive spaz attack.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 am

Name:
Siméon Kistler

Appearance:
The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] 830b870602d683313dda9aea4eb44ca9

Biography:
Siméon was born in Lugano, Switzerland on the border of Italy. He grew up studying classical music on the cello. At the age of twenty he moved to Rome to study art at a university. Having since graduated he remained in Rome working as a free-lance artist, as well as performing in an orchestra. Siméon was, incidentally, part of the orchestra hired to play Il Fantasma Opera.

Personality:
Siméon is not the most noticeable person in a crowd. Generally speaking his he is calm and level-headed. Though with the recent turn in atmosphere that was a result of the Christmas Mass recital of Il Fantasma Opera he has become more frustrated and irritable.

Primary Weapon:
Rapier

Secondary Weapon:
Improvising?

Skills:
Mostly his skills with a blade from several years of fencing training/tournaments.

Name:
Asmodaeus, though he is fond of using Raphael or Gabriel as an alias around humans.

Appearance:
The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Doriangraylxg

Biography:
Too long and unconfirmed to get into.

Personality:
Eccentric, flamboyant, charming, wordy, devious…

Primary Weapon:
His words.

Secondary Weapon:
Cane, as a bludgeoning object.

Skills:
Persuasiveness of humans and scheming for the most part.

Last edited by The Melancholy Spirit on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 am; edited 7 times in total
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 pm

May I use my character (the human one) from the original role-play? I will likely update it a bit.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm

I don't see why not, Hermes Very Happy Maybe don't make her a nun, though...I'm not so sure that I even want any "holy men" in this version....
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Whatever you want. I can even make a whole new character.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 pm

I'll leave the specifics up to you, Hermes Very Happy
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:05 pm

I'd like to tentatively hold a spot. I'll decide for sure in a bit.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 am

Name: Ezuriel
Appearance:

The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Fallen_Angel_by_hybridconcepts

Biography: The only thing that can really be noted about Ezuriel's biography is that he has been watching, guiding and protecting the human race since the first playing of the Opera.
Personality: Stoic, hardened, but mentally wounded from a past event that he never speaks of.
Primary Weapon: Black Orchid
Secondary Weapon: Pistols (2)
Skills: Fighting, negotiating (only if he has to) and protecting.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:12 am

dammit! I wish I had known you were reopening this, I would've resubmitted my character... If you get a free spot later on, message me about it, I'd might be interested.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Edon Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 am

If you still want me to I'll write up a profile.
Edon
Edon
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Go for it, Edon Very Happy
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edon Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Aye, el capitan!
Edon
Edon
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Name: Siobhan Hunter
Appearance:
The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Hunter10
Biography: When her child and her husband are killed by a band of raging and blood-thirsty harpies, former Theology professor Siobhan Hunter vows revenge against the beasts of the Second Opera. The Irish-born woman lives in a suburb just outside of Rome close to the university and the local church.
Personality: Siobhan is well-educated yet rough. The death of her only son and her spouse has left her bitter and looking for an answer. For the time being, she studies and teaches world religions, specifically, Christianity, during the day and hunts the monsters at night.
Primary Weapon: Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Spatha
Skills: College education, Knowledge of religious histories and practices, Mild game hunting abilities with a rifle.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Edon Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 am

Well, don't wait up on me, I have a work assignment for the next four or three days that'll keep me busy.
Edon
Edon
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am

Name: Xaheal
Appearance:
Human -The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Magmademon2

Olde- The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Magmademon1
Biography: Far too long to be told
Personality: Cold, Unforgiving, Destructive, Sadistic…
Primary Weapon: Twin blades(as seen in picture above)
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Skills: Combat, Speaking, Destuction in general

Will edit with my humie later.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:29 am

Name: Gabrielle
Appearance: The Ghost Opera:  Curtain Call (V2) OOC [Full For Now] Hellah___Suicide_Girl_Work_by_sureality
and because this fits too
Biography: Its far too long and complex to go into. It should be noted that a woman of her discription has been seen present at nearly every disaster involving fire.
Personality: Gruff, she’s the one who gets the job done--period, blunt
Primary Weapon:
Shotgun and handgun.
Secondary Weapon: axe
Skills: Fighting, killing, getting things done
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 am

I need some things from some of you to get this going:

1.) I need Plague's big entrance and possible murder of the Pope.
2.) I need a little bit of a description of what Gabi is wearing.
3.) I need a fight scene between Plague demon and Ezu.

AND

4.) I need to know if you guys are still with me on this Very Happy Roll call!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 am

Aye.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 am

Still here! I'll PM ya a description here in a bit.
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 am

I am. We'll have to get the big fight next time you're on Chat.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Present and accounted for.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:44 am

Sorry it took me so long... Being sick is the worst.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down