FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Celebration Thread :D

+39
Little Supernova
Bird of Hermes
Axiom Awaits
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Mojave Wanderer
The Ghost Writer
Entity of Sin
Sunwolf007
Skitzo-phrenick
Gabe
Tartra
Shadow Moonseye
Kalon Ordona II
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Squall Reyes
Hisoka
Inerio
Attie
MoiraofWords
Loki
Dax
Mercinus3
SpaceWheeler2.0
Sighlent
Eternity
Gadreille
Guilty Carrion
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Silvan Arrow
The Melancholy Spirit
xraineyesx
Lara
wakeangel
43 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 18 Empty Re: The Celebration Thread :D

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks you three Smile I've had a wonderful day so far Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 pm

I celebrate feeling really pretty today, and it's all because of this chick. So, when I do make-up, I basically limit it to eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and I occasionally use blush.

The reasons I don't wear lip things or foundations are these:

I get never get full enough coverage to hide my acne without the foundation looking cakey and/or flakey.

Foundation often makes my face feel and look really oily after only a couple of hours.

Lipstick exaggerates the fact that one side of my lower lip is a lot lower than the other.

However, I found this chick on YouTube whose acne is like... a million times worse than mine, but she does her make-up so well that she can actually model ((which she does)). I decided it would be a good idea to follow her advice on how to do foundation.

A little over $300 later, I'm quite satisfied with the results. They aren't perfect because there were a couple of things that I decided I didn't want to get so I could avoid breaking my bank, but I got paid on Thursday, and I have a decent amount in my bank account, so it was okay.

I took pictures before-and-after, and this was the result. I already had a few products like the lipstick/lip liner, blush, and eyeshadow/eyeliners, sooo yeah. The picture is kind of blurry because I don't know what happened to my real camera, so I just used my phone, but you can still see the awesome results easily enough.

The only problem is that my eczema spots are unhappy, and I don't think I can apply the cream I use to those spots without smearing the make-up now that it's already on. I just need to search around for some sort of really nice moisturizer that wears well under make-up.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Why do 'after' photos always seem to have better lighting? xD
Good job on them! You got the matching angles perfect!

That's awesome, Kathryn!! Glad you found an awesome method! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:15 pm

I am happy you were able to find make-up that works for you.

Looking good makes you feel good, right Kathryn? :-)
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Kalon, probably because "after" usually also means "later." XD The sun was lower, so I had to lift the blinds to access the ideal lighting for pictures, but I took them all in the same spot, next to the same window, in front of the same book case.

Thanks! I just wish that my eyes were all looking the same direction in each before-and-after. Kinda messed up on the left-after picture. hee hee

Lord Revan, meeeeee, too!

That is absolutely correct!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06 am

Wow, Kathyrn. That's a lot of money on make up, but the results are great. I'm glad it worked for you.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 am

Hey, I saw a video of that girl, Kathryn, on wimp.com I believe. I was so shocked to see how she looked without any makeup on. You would not know it's the same person at all because of her horrible acne. I felt really bad for her, but it definitely it clear that she knows what she's doing when it comes to makeup and hiding her blemishes. It's amazing what makeup can do, even when all you want is to look normal.

Three hundred dollars is a lot of money. o_o At least you have enough in your bank account! Axiom gets mad at me for spending nearly $10 on mascara hehe. I think the results are fantastic though and you succeeded beautifully in covering up the acne, and I honestly can't even notice your eczema.

Either way though, you're a beautiful person, and I always think you look so adorable in your photos. ^_^ I'm really glad that getting this makeup too helped you feel even prettier!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Rain, I know, and I was like, "fuuuuuuck" when I went to the counter to purchase it, but I knew it wouldn't be cheap. Still, the stuff is going to last me because I don't wear make-up every day. =3

Thanks! I think the results turned out nicely, too. ^^_^^

Fayt, yeah. I agree. She does look completely different, but even with her acne, I think she looks beautiful. She has great bone structure, but I am not surprised that she sought a way to cover her acne.

Yeah. Jonathan wasn't mad at me, but he did get a little bug-eyed when I told him how much I'd spent. However, I don't normally splurge like that. Last time I went to the mall, I ended up spending less than my guy-friend, and I got more stuff. I probably only spend a collective amount of thirty dollars that day, and I got a book, a belt, and a light jacket. I had a gift card on me, or I wouldn't have bought the jacket, but yeah. =3

Anyway, I'm not spending a bunch in the near future, and I'm going to not buy anything from Sephora for a while, so it'll be okay. With my next paycheck, I'm actually going to be getting my plane tickets to go visit Iowa in April, but that and my bills are all for which my paycheck will be used.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I saw that video too, Kathryn. You look amazing! I'm so jealous. I would love to get a primer, new foundation, and new powders! I'm thinking about going to sephora just to get a primer and that smashbox powder, while sticking with my current foundation.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Well, the first thing I ever bought from Sephora was Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and it's probably my favorite piece of pre-make-up ever. It works really well, and this one bottle has lasted me forever because you only need a little for it to work well. ^^_^^

That Hourglass Veil primer I used is amazing, too. It works really well with only a little drop or two used. I just need to find a good make-up remover for after because it apparently makes make-up waterproof.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 am

I look forward to trying that primer. Smile

I celebrate new avatar and signature!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:09 am

I love it! Is it based on your western style rp?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:33 am

Well, it's definitely okay to splurge on yourself every once in a while! Especially if it makes you feel pretty. Every girl should feel like a pretty princes.

I usually don't splurge on make up, but I'm definitely a sucker for dresses.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I love it! Is it based on your western style rp?

Sort of, more like its inspiration for it. The words are from a song called Timshel that played during one of the Hell on Wheels episodes. Hell on Wheels is what inspired me to write retribution station. I am loving that RP Smile

Splurging can be nice, and you might as well do it when you can!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:29 pm

rain, yeah! I agree. I mean, I don't need retail therapy, and I'm not shop-a-holic. I just like to splurge every once in a while. My main splurgey things tend to go toward books and boots, but I think I can make room for one more category now that I've discovered the awesomeness of it. Then again, that could force me to start investing in skin care stuff, too. I just need to take it slow, though. I don't want to be blowing all of my money until there's nothing left. I like having a decent chunk of change in my banking accounts. It makes me feel more secure than looking good does.

Ryona, well, I still really like it. Did you make the whole thing yourself? What program do you use for editing things like that?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 pm

The image in the avatar is from Hell on Wheels, I edited it in photoshop CS4. The signature was also edited in CS4 but I can't claim the scrollwork, I just overlayed it on our signature area's color and added the words in.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:28 am

Well, it looks great, Ryona.

Kathyrn, I agree with that. If you don't have any money, looking good doesn't matter too much. Everything in moderation just works as a motto for anything.
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 am

Ryona, where did you acquire CS4?

rain, I totally agree. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 pm

I bought CS4 while I was a student, making it a somewhat more affordable price of 200 dollars. If you send them a photocopy of your school ID they give you the student price. Consider it my splurge Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Are you allowed to buy multiple ones and re-sell them? xD

Just noticed the "you are not alone in this" line goes along with your Guardian Ghost title! Thumbs Up
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 am

So, some great news that I've been waiting for what seems like ever for!

On Tuesday of this week, I got a call about a job I applied for as an appraisal assistant/order processor. I went in for an interview the next day, and the two women interviewing me, to my relief and pleasure, seemed to really like me! They even had something they wanted all applicants to do, but because of how pleased they were with my resume, they just skipped that part with me. The one lady said she liked me so much, that if she could, she would hire me right there! But they had a couple other interviews lined up still, so they said they were "unofficially" welcoming me to the team! Very Happy

I got to meet all the people I'd be working with and take a mini tour of the place. It's a real cute office environment, and I'd be getting my own cubicle (love!). I'd also get paid lunches, which is awesome and something I hadn't even heard of before, along with a 401K and vacation days. Eventually, after 60 days or so, I'll also be getting a raise, which is fantastic, considering I'll already be starting off more than minimum wage (something I really wasn't expecting to happen at this point).

I'm really excited and kind of nervous! I'm starting work this Monday, and I work Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00, so normal business hours, which I'm super pleased about. I'm really glad there aren't any nights or weekends involved. She said when it gets really busy (since they appraise houses not only in the area I live in, but in the surrounding states as well), they we may have to work some over time, but that's rare.

Yay! Best birthday present ever! ^_^
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Fayt, that's so fantastic! Congratulations and happy birthday!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Are you allowed to buy multiple ones and re-sell them? xD

Just noticed the "you are not alone in this" line goes along with your Guardian Ghost title! Thumbs Up

Haha, no, one per ID. Technically Silvone and I could have bought two copies...but we are not students anymore.

Oh wow, you are right! Everything fits quite nicely with "Guardian Ghost". Speaking of, I really need to donate again. I just need some decent income first!

Fayt Fyre wrote:So, some great news that I've been waiting for what seems like ever for!

On Tuesday of this week, I got a call about a job I applied for as an appraisal assistant/order processor. I went in for an interview the next day, and the two women interviewing me, to my relief and pleasure, seemed to really like me! They even had something they wanted all applicants to do, but because of how pleased they were with my resume, they just skipped that part with me. The one lady said she liked me so much, that if she could, she would hire me right there! But they had a couple other interviews lined up still, so they said they were "unofficially" welcoming me to the team! Very Happy

I got to meet all the people I'd be working with and take a mini tour of the place. It's a real cute office environment, and I'd be getting my own cubicle (love!). I'd also get paid lunches, which is awesome and something I hadn't even heard of before, along with a 401K and vacation days. Eventually, after 60 days or so, I'll also be getting a raise, which is fantastic, considering I'll already be starting off more than minimum wage (something I really wasn't expecting to happen at this point).

I'm really excited and kind of nervous! I'm starting work this Monday, and I work Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00, so normal business hours, which I'm super pleased about. I'm really glad there aren't any nights or weekends involved. She said when it gets really busy (since they appraise houses not only in the area I live in, but in the surrounding states as well), they we may have to work some over time, but that's rare.

Yay! Best birthday present ever! ^_^

Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement. My grandmother has been wanting me to look for work in that field as that is what she did for the county. Happy Birthday as well!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh! THAT'S something else I wanted to get done this weekend -- adding the Guardian Ghost rank to the Ranks in our Info section. I have a few things to catch up on around here. Very Happy It wouldn't be that bad, but there are multiple pages I need to edit just for one thing (kind of hard to explain), but that, along with updating some other things, will get done this weekend I imagine.

Aww, thank you, Kathryn and Ryona! Hug That is really awesome that your grandmother did the same type of thing, Ryona! Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:42 am

Well, we didn't really stay up too late to play WoW last night, though we were up later than normal lol (which isn't saying much). But I did get to play with Lumeus on his Rogue, so that was awesome. Very Happy He rocks! High Five And I got to level 40 on my Hunter before deciding to pass out, so nice wrap-up to my day.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Supernova Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

I celebrate getting to meet Amy Lee and the rest of Evanescence on the 21st. I even crocheted her a doll and she recognized the outfit I had put on the doll! Turns out there were photographers there and one got a picture of her holding it! Its on my Crochet Mania thread in the Arts&Design if you guys wanna see it.
Little Supernova
Little Supernova
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:38 am

Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:27
That's so awesome, Supernova! Congratulations!

EDIT
I totally found the right car for me!

New Car!:

I had a budget of $3,000, and I found a cute little car for only $2,000. It was originally listed as $2,300, but she was willing to drop the price due to a couple of things that are wrong with it. Namely, there's air in the brake shaft ((or is it the compressor? My step-brother knew far better than me what was what)), the right, driver's side brake light bulb needs to be replaced, and the battery needs a strap or whatever so it isn't just floating around under the hood.

Honestly, I got a good deal for the price. I'll just have to have my step-brother refresh my memory on the issues he found so I can have an educated talk with the people who will be fixing my car.

We'll be picking it up on Monday! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Yay!!! No more walking to the bus stop!!!!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 pm

I know! It usually takes me about one and a half to two hours to get to work. Now, it'll only be twenty minutes! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 am

Congrats on the car, Kathryn!! I am sure you will enjoy it. I love having a car of my own. It makes life so much easier.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next