FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Celebration Thread :D

+39
Little Supernova
Bird of Hermes
Axiom Awaits
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Mojave Wanderer
The Ghost Writer
Entity of Sin
Sunwolf007
Skitzo-phrenick
Gabe
Tartra
Shadow Moonseye
Kalon Ordona II
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Squall Reyes
Hisoka
Inerio
Attie
MoiraofWords
Loki
Dax
Mercinus3
SpaceWheeler2.0
Sighlent
Eternity
Gadreille
Guilty Carrion
ImmortalSin
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Fate Flyer
Gunneh
UnfortunateBountyHunter
Silvan Arrow
The Melancholy Spirit
xraineyesx
Lara
wakeangel
43 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Celebration Thread :D - Page 13 Empty Re: The Celebration Thread :D

Post by Gadreille Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Oh, not my finals. I meant the Stanley Cup finals, which was what Tartra was celebrating.

I still love archaeology, though I no longer participate in it. The center for archaeological research I worked for shut down, and now the only digs students go on are in Egypt...I'm obviously not going to be able to do that Smile My degree had emphasis in archaeology, and I promise that I dug my cat's grave with almost archaeological precision ^_^

The man seems like he was very nice. I hope he felt his good demeanor was worth it. I know, being a person who tries to be nice to those around me, that sometimes you just feel walked on rather than generous.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm sorry I wasn't polite, Kathryn. I shouldn't have written it like that.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Ryona, oooh. I see. Yeah... I clearly know nothing about sports. XD

Oh... That's too bad that it shut down. That must have been hard. I'm glad you were able to find something else that you'll enjoy, though.

Yeah. I can be... quite a bitch sometimes, but I've lived in a world where people constantly take advantage of kindness, soooo yeah... I'm just glad that Jonathan and I are appreciative of Gene's kindness and generosity. It would be a shame if people had gotten this house who would destroy it.

Tartra, wait... so you were calling yourself rude? I'm so confused. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I celebrate having a clean bill of health from the doctor today! I had a follow-up appointment to make sure the strep was gone, and he think I'm fine. I still have a couple of tiny white spots on my tonsils, but he's not concerned about them as those may pop up from time to time in pretty much anyone.

Also, I finally slept straight through the night last night and have been feeling so much better today! Kathryn, I've been taking calcium supplements at night before bed, and I think they and the multivitamins I'm taking have been helping. Thanks for the advice!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm glad you're finally better, Silvan! It's wonderful news!

I'm glad the calcium has been helping you sleep, too. I'm sure it's nice to have a healthy sleep after being unwell for so long.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Yay for Silvan Smile

I celebrate eating the most...delicious...cookie ever. It is a cross between a knottsberry farm shortbread cookie with strawberry filling, and double fill oreo...

MMM! Aww
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Delicious cookies...jealous.

I have a lot to celebrate today. =D Yesterday, a casual friend who happens to live somewhat near the area I'm currently staying in invited me to go to a house auction with her today. (For those who don't know, a house auction is another name for when someone dies and they auction off everything the family doesn't want.) I agreed to go since a) I had nothing better to do and b) I like hanging out with people.

While there, I ended up bidding on (and winning) a box of books. I had started to bid on what I thought was two or three Nancy Drew books, then stopped when the bidding got too high for me. Then I saw that they were actually auctioning off an entire box of Nancy Drew books and I jumped back into the bidding and won the box for $27.50.

I cataloged the books when I got home. Inside the box were 21 Nancy Drew books (all the older editions [some from the original 30s editions, to my glee, and others from the 60s editions]), a couple of older Bobbsey Twin books, and a handful of other random old books (including something called "Rosamond or the Youthful Error", which has no copyright year in it, the author died in 1905, and the book looks really old).

I am a casual collector of Nancy Drew books. To my excitement, I didn't own 9 of the 21 books, and all but one of the 21 are an older edition than the version I currently own. This brings my collection of the original set to 40/56!

I'm stoked. =D And on top of everything, my "casual friend" has invited me to hang out more while I'm still in the area!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Wow, what a score, Lara! That is awesome, and sounds like your friend and you get along splendidly Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 am

Yeah, it was a nice time. =) She and I met up for lunch the next day, so that was also fun.

I celebrate having gotten to help out with the build for Extreme Home Makeover! I waited on a wait-list for a little over four hours, then got to go help out at the construction site for the rest of the day, into the next morning! (Just got home, in fact.)

It was so much fun, though I wouldn't have minded getting to do a bit more. It's amazing how many people are willing to come out and help!
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:17 pm

I celebrate my two year anniversary with the Army today. I remember joining FOG right before swearing in. Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:21 pm

DeadEye wrote:I celebrate my two year anniversary with the Army today. I remember joining FOG right before swearing in. Very Happy
Wow, congrats, DeadEye!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 pm

That's wonderful, DeadEye! Thank you for all you do to help protect our country!

I celebrate a fantastic weekend after coming back from my research boat trip. Swing dancing on Friday night, hearty breakfast Saturday morning courtesy of my boyfriend (He can cook! Who knew?!), chill afternoon, more swing dancing that night, and birthday party on the beach with my lab buddies today for one of my friends. Yep, life is good right now ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Sounds like a great time! I'm glad things are going well for you.

I celebrate Emoria finally getting some IC action, getting Bram up and running, and not missing my personal deadline for Caligo!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Yay! Things seem to be looking up for a lot of people.

I, too, celebrate the fact that Bram is up and running, and I also celebrate the fact that I'm feeling much better than I've felt for the last three days. I'm going to tan a bit today once my clothes are done in the dryer. I need to eat lunch and get a shower before I tan because I want to lightly exfoliate before tanning to ensure I don't have dead skin cells making my tan all spotty.

I really think that I may be able to get my Yue cosplay together in time though I think I'll have to go as the mortal Yue rather than her moon spirit form due to the fact that I can't sew. =(

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Feeling better always rocks Smile

I celebrate getting five sets of flashcards, two educational bingo games, eight lined dry erase boards, a step stool for the sink, a time poster, a set of large weather labels and month labels, an ABC tracing book and a teacher planner all for twenty bucks. A minor investment in my daycare!

I also celebrate getting a free photobook from walgreens. I wish I would have thought of putting my pirate picture in though Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Congratulations, Ryona! That's a lot of stuff for such little money!

I celebrate that the FoG Writing Contest stories have gone into voting! I'm enjoying reading all of the stories!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 pm

I celebrate the fact that my job recognized me for my hard work (or at least decided it was time to give something back). I used the fifty dollar gift card to buy a gift card for Olive Garden, where I will spend some time with my wife (and maybe son) that I had previously sacrificed for hours at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:36 am

Good job, Silvone! It's great to get some much-deserved validation/recognition/appreciation.
Kudos to you for being a stand-out type of person. Nod Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamless Days Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 am

I'd like to celebrate the fact that me and my friends recently booked two hotel rooms for the weekend past next. Which means that the big AVCon (Anime and Video Game Convention) weekend is definitely happening. God, $200, 6 friends, video games, anime and competitions for 3 whole days. I'm gonna be in heaven.
Dreamless Days
Dreamless Days
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:43 am

Thankfully the world has blessed me with friends in far away places (European and Eurasian time zones), and humorous nurses...

To entertain me at seven a.m.

Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 am

Celebrating good ole' lemon tea:

*Walks into community center, escaping the 120 degree temperature outside.*

*Looks over behind counter and sees something that makes his mouth water.*

Me: "Is that tea?"

Sergeant: "Yeah."

Me: "Lemon-flavored tea?"

Sergeant *raises brow*: "Yeah..."

Me: "Cold, lemon-flavored tea?"

Sergeant: -___-

Me: "Cold, lemon-flavored tea with an American logo in a 23 ounce can?"

Sergeant: *grabs can from cooler and reads labels* "Arizona Lemon Tea.... with lemon flavor. It's ice cold... and, yes, it's American. That's why it says Arizona in big, blue letters. Buck-twenty-five. You gonna buy one, or just stand there and ask me more retarded questions?"

Me: "I'll take five."
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:42 pm

I love arizona green tea Smile If you ever get your hands on red apple, I envy you!

I celebrate...we'll, I'll tell you all when it is for certain, but here's what I'm singing:

This old town can slow you down, people taking the easy way,
But I know exactly where I'm going, getting closer and closer every day!

And I'm almost there, I'm almost there,
People down here think I'm crazy, but I don't care.
Trials and tribulations, I’ve had my share,
There ain't nothing gonna stop me now ‘cause I'm almost there!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I celebrate being a natural born killer.

With an M9 anyway, lol. I hit 100% of the targets today, hoping for similar results tomorrow. This redeployment training started on the right foot. Here's hoping it keeps up.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:59 pm

I celebrate finally finishing my post in the Battle of Celebrant role-play Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:08 am

DeadEye wrote:I celebrate being a natural born killer.

With an M9 anyway, lol. I hit 100% of the targets today, hoping for similar results tomorrow. This redeployment training started on the right foot. Here's hoping it keeps up.

Lock and load! Gunner Good luck on your mission! cheers I'm a pretty good shot with the M9 myself, though I honestly can't claim 100%. I usually end up hitting the white once on the first magazine as a result of simply warming up, but the miss isn't any greater than a centimeter.
Fuck Sake
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:16 am

The Jets finally have a new logo! And I'm really happy about the direction they went with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 pm

I wrote again. That is certainly worth celebrating, since it has nearly been a month since. And I haven't started over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Silvone: Good job! It's certainly worthy of celebration. I've not got a regular writing routine for my own works, so I certainly know the massive feeling of accomplishment that comes from when I actually manage to pump out a few more paragraphs.

I'd actually like to celebrate that I've gotten over my massive distaste for the Chatbox and I'm going to make it my goal to go in there and try to be active at least once a day. I'd like to consider it my own olive branch for Fate and Axiom since they were gracious enough to give the IRC its own sticky in Links to Click Very Happy
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Silvone, that's fantastic! That's really a great thing because most people I know also continually start over. I've tried to write stories on my own in the past, and I've never been able to finish. I, too, start over constantly, sooooo yeah. I've even done that with simple role-play posts.

Gunneh, that's really good of you to try and make an effort ((give and take)) with the chat box. ^^_^^

I am super psyched! So, I had a "casting call" which is just a fancy way of saying "group interview" with Blockbuster. They're the first people to have called me about an interview, so I was psyched. It was on Wednesday, and I felt like I was at least in the top three or four of the eight people there. However, they made it clear that they aren't specifically hiring at any locations; they simply want the best, and they're find a place to put those people if they feel they're good enough.

Anyway, I felt I did all right in general, but not well enough to be called back, so I've been sort of depressed all day. I have a tendency to over-analyze everything, after all, which is sometimes good ((because it enables me to see several different sides when I'm not analyzing myself)) and sometimes bad ((when I'm analyzing myself)).

So, Jonathan and I got home, and he checked the answering machine messages only to find that I had gotten called back and had simply missed the call! I called the woman back, and I have an interview for Saturday at 4:30pm. I'm super psyched! ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Kathryn Lacey wrote:So, Jonathan and I got home, and he checked the answering machine messages only to find that I had gotten called back and had simply missed the call! I called the woman back, and I have an interview for Saturday at 4:30pm. I'm super psyched! ^^_^^
Yay!!! That is awesome, Kathryn! Very Happy I knew they'd like you. ^_^ Congrats, hon! I hope the interview this Saturday goes well!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next