FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello friends

+6
Tartra
Silvan Arrow
MoiraofWords
Fate Flyer
SpaceWheeler2.0
Pterodactyl
10 posters

Go down

Hello friends Empty Hello friends

Post by Pterodactyl Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Hey guys!

So my name is Katie, also known as Pterodactyl. Caw caw. Anyways, I am here for some roleplaying! Woo! I used to RP mostly at a Wheel of Time site, but it kind of died and now I am looking for somewhere new to call home. And I like your forum! The colors are so pretty. Not to mention all the great writers ...

Anyway, I'm a college student studying bio and psych, so I have this crazy premonition that when the semester begins in a couple of days I am going to be super busy. So I probably won't be the fastest poster. But that's life, right? Right. I thought I'd stop by and say hi anyway. Smile

I guess my favorite genre would have to be fantasy, but I am pretty open to anything. My favorite part of RP'ing is creating characters and really getting to know them psychologically. I can't wait to get started!
Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Hello friends Empty Re: Hello friends

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Welcome, Katie!

First of all, yay for yet ANOTHER psychology student... there are like four or five of us now... maybe more.

Second, hurray for dinosaurs, too. As a kid, dinosaurs were practically my life. Dinosaur toys, books, shows, etc. were always my favorite things... I think I became a good speller because I used to spell all the dinosaur names, and some of them are long. Try getting the average five-year-old to spell tyrannosaurus and pterodactyl!

Anyways, I'm sure I've shared more about my childhood than you'd care to know at this point, but whatever.

WELCOME again to FOG.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey, Katie/Pterodactyl! Welcome to FOG! Wave

I'm a dino lover myself, so consider me a fan of your username! ^_- I hope that this will suit you well for your new home, and I'm really happy you like the colors!

No worries about not always being able to be a fast poster when it comes to role plays. I think a lot of us are still students or at least are working, so that pesky life definitely can get in the way, haha.

I really like that you're interested in the psychology of the characters. :] I think getting to learn your characters inside out and seeing their interactions together can be one of the funnest things in writing.

Enjoy yourself!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Ello, Do you need any test subjects? Cuz i'm sure you can find them here from their everday (ish) interactions.

And I'm sure that you'll fit right in. Faq! If you have any questions, that should answer it.

So yeah, enjoy your time, find an rp, jump into the chat, and most of all have fun. And try to avoid the mental illnesses that come from a reduced inhibition (or the apparent ones that is Razz).
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Welcome to FOG, Katie! I can see that we have a lot in common. I studied biology in college with a minor in psychology, and I also love fantasy and getting to know what makes my characters tick. I'm sure you'll fit in wonderfully here! We're all a little crazy (or a lot crazy in some cases), but I've come to love the strong sense of community here. So have fun, ask if you have any questions, join the chat, find an RP, and...oh yeah...watch your soul. We like to nibble... Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Fantasssyyyyyy?

My dear lady, I've been looking for someone to roleplay in my fantasy RP, if by 'fantasy' you mean 'THE ONLY WAY TO UNDERSTAND THIS IS IF YOU ARE ON DRUGS'.

Poof!

If not, I'll see you around. I keep to myself (I'm fairly new here, too) but I'll say hi every now and then.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

Drugs are good.

No...wait.... uh....

I mean... I mean..

I mean welcome you to this blip of reality, where the creations of imagination run loose and where you do not know what lurks behind every shadow or behind every veil of mist. This wonderous place only known as FoG!

Theeeeeeere we go. Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 am

Drugs.........Hmmm? Say what now?

*Waves away all the smoke from his face*

Well, I just wanted to impart to you my lovely and awesome words of welcome. My name is ZE QUAKERNUTS (It's how it's spelt in France, Shifty Eyes ). You seem like a wonderful person, but don't bother trying any of that psych stuff on me, you will go insane. Trust me, a couple others tried, and well...Their living in thatched huts singing to the moon about how they love pickles in a jar. I know, I took pictures.

Anyways, before I get too random in my welcoming, I would just like to say for you to enjoy yourself, have fun, and don't be shy to ask questions. Any of us will be more than willing to answer them for you. So there ya go, have a good one!

yours Truly
Quakernuts

Last edited by quakernuts on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pterodactyl Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:27 am

Hehe thanks for the welcomes.

1. I am glad there are so many dinosaur lovers here ... because dinosaurs are the best. Even if pterodactyls are technically winged reptiles, I believe. But who's nitpicking? Not me, that's for sure.

2. Bio and psych are the best, and I stand by the statement. Wink

3. CRAZY? I love the crazy. I think I am going to like it here ...

Thanks again, see you all around. Very Happy

Pterodactyl
Pterodactyl
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:29 am

And dinosours are.......... ...... wait for it ........................ reptiles. Nod Aww

You know what else is both reptilian and saurian? And it flies? Well do ya? Very Happy
DRAGONS! cheers

DRAGONS! Coolio

So we have lots of cool stuff in common, represented by the quantity F|F = D² ± P, P = D - F, and D = F + P, where F is Fantasy, P is not only Pterodactyls but also dinosaurs in general, and D is Dragons.

Fantasy FTW!! cheers

Personally I'm all about the medieval fantasy, with the armor and swords and chivalry -- never ever forgetting the Elves AND DRAGONS. ^^

Aaaaaaaaanyways... Welcome to the FOG! cheers

Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

Welcome to the swirling mists!

I can't confess a large love of dinosaurs, but alas, I have nothing against them. ^^ I can confess a large love of fantasy and in recent days I've gotten quite interested in steampunk too... Anyway, I digress.

If you want more of our crazy: the chat room is the place! And checking out the chat snippet thread will have you laughing a lot, even though you don't know all of us....yet.

Once again, welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Greetings, Pterodactyl! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

Hello friends Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Watch out for the dragons.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down