FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVIL LIVE

2 posters

Go down

EVIL LIVE Empty EVIL LIVE

Post by Chainlinc3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 pm

"Sometimes I have the most horrible dreams.
Or maybe they are real. Do dead men dream?"

EVIL LIVE-
The world ends slowly.
In 2013, a media conglomerate was formed by the name of the Edwin Violin InstrumentaL group (NYSE: EVIL). Receiving almost overnight success, the company proliferated into almost every corner of the globe, winning viewers with humorous ads featuring a cartoon Lucifer ("Call me Luke.")
In 2020, Lucifer seized control of the company, issuing a press statement that made no attempt to hide that it was a "hostile takeover."
The world wrote it off as a publicity stunt.

BLOT OUT THE SUN-
The dead began to walk the streets-- liberated from the mortal coil, the spirits of the damned were returned to Earth on the condition that they work for EVIL. Crime rates skyrocketed as police are unable to combat the ghosts of the past.
By 2037, government had no hold on the populace, and EVIL declared itself to be a sovereign nation. Governments allied themselves with EVIL to quell the anarchy in the streets.
By 2040, the world had fallen.

SEEDS OF HOPE-
All is not lost, however-- the forces of good (relatively speaking) have been guided to a small town in what used to be Ohio, a town that comes to be called Home.
Nobody really knows how the town started, or how all the less-morally-bankrupt people ended up there, but many assume it was some form of divine providence or other guidance from the beyond.
It didn't take long for EVIL to notice Home, and it rallied its forces against it. It couldn't outright crush the town, those who were undecided between good and evil would be revolted.
More distressing to EVIL, the town was surrounded in some sort of aura that repelled most evil creatures, literally burning their skin from their bone.
Yes, EVIL was going to need to be subversive about this.
The Powers That Be knew this, and made preparations to defend Home.
EVIL cheated Death, so can we.

ICARUS-
Those taken before their time in Home are given a new shot at life, unbeknownst to the living.
They are the Icons, what myth would describe as guardian angels.
For whatever reason, they have chosen to return from the beyond, to defend Home from the corruptive influence of EVIL.
But can they stand against a foe without a face?
Can they stand against human nature?

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one--
For when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Yet another interest check from me. Woo! Hopefully this one fares better.

Evil Live is an idea based upon a simple concept: How do you fight what doesn't exist? EVIL cannot enter Home, nor can any creatures already under its sway. The threat is in those that EVIL corrupts from within, meaning that, while Home is the safest place on Earth, nowhere is truly safe. That little old lady you just helped cross the street could turn around tomorrow and try to breach the shield around Home in order to let EVIL in.

The RP will largely revolve around trying to track down and eradicate a "sleeper cell" of corrupted residents within Home before they break the barrier. Character sub-plots are more than welcome-- I mean, characters are bound to have emotional ties with those still living, and their efforts to protect their loved ones even as chaos inexorably spreads should be interesting. I'll detail how we can work this more in the OOC.

To create a sense of moral ambiguity, players are put into the roll of Icons- entities of unclear purpose. It is all within the choice of the player to decide how they act. Do they walk the path of mercy, aiding the helpless? Or do they walk the path of the judge, cleansing those they deem to be a threat? Perhaps they even seek to stop the fight entirely-- if all life in Home is exterminated, then there is nobody for EVIL to corrupt, right? Maybe, just maybe, some of them have already fallen. Who is to say what's the right or wrong way for an Icon to behave?

About Home, consider it to be a classic small town-- it's practically unaware that the rest of the world is going to hell, both literally and figuratively. Instead, it's a "utopia" of white picket fences and lemonade stands. Your characters could have died for any number of reasons-- suicide, car accident, overdose, disease, even murder (albeit that would be unlikely).

Questions, comments, and interest are all welcome. Especially that last one. ^_^
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

EVIL LIVE Empty Re: EVIL LIVE

Post by Copper.eyes Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Interested of course.
Copper.eyes
Copper.eyes
Mist
Mist

Female

http://childrenofimmortality.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Cool. I suppose I'll throw up an intchk when I have time, just for the sake of having one up. Hopefully more people will materialize between now and then. ^_^
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down