FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evil is upon us!!! D;

+2
Kalon Ordona II
PuppydogZxZ
6 posters

Go down

Evil is upon us!!! D; Empty Evil is upon us!!! D;

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:31 am

I was browsing the site as I do everyday. Reading, seeing what was new, and doing random stuff. I was apperently the first to notice...

THIS:

Spoiler:

Just thought it was a funny accorence that I would point out before it goes away! Twisted Evil
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Evil is upon us!!! D; Empty Re: Evil is upon us!!! D;

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 am

Were you logged in at the time? There aren't any ads when you're logged in.
(I'm assuming you're directing our attention to the ad at the top of the screenshot.)
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:41 pm

No. She is referring to the '666' as the post count. It's circled in red.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Oh no! I must be the devil! It was my post that got it there! We're all going to die! ^;_;^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Heh heh, yeah its the 666! But the picture got kinda squished in the spoiler box. Here is the direct link: https://2img.net/h/i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/PuppyDogzxz/untitled.jpg

Oh and I also noticed that in the Causal Interest Checks, Shades of Gray, made the 999th post of that sub-forum! 8D
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Ohhh, I see. It was cut off by the forums.
lol, 666 AND 999! that's awesome!!
I think 999 is supposed to be the number of Satan, so that's actually pretty creepy to have them both in the same screenshot. Twisted Evil
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:01 pm

The number 666 is called "the number of the beast", and is supposed to be the number - the mark - representing Satan or the embodiment of sin. While I'm not big on religion, I seem to remember something about the rapture, where all those remaining on Earth will be forced to bear the mark of the beast.

The whole "999" thing is derived from the same source. Supposedly it's based on the fact that the bible states that the number 666 was being reflected from a surface. Since 999 can be rotated and turned to become 666, some took to the idea that the true number was 999, assuming that the reflection had not been accounted for.

I'm pretty sure I heard all of this from a movie, mind you, and not one that I would consider a reputable source, so it could be entirely wrong. Sweat Drop

In the end, it's just one more senseless thing for people to debate over.

In other news:
Kathryn Lacey wrote:I must be the devil!
That one's a keeper.

I have to admit, though, it is kind of creepy that two subforums, one on top of the other, have 999 and 666 posts.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 pm

To further what Weiss has already said, I would like to note that during the time the Book of Revelations was written there were a few things going on with Christianity and Rome that revolved around the Emperor Nero. Some people actually thought that Nero was going to return in a resurrection, or that he was not actually dead.

I can't remember exactly what it is called, but there is a system (after there were many) where numbers equate to certain letters. In one of these systems the number 666 came out to the name Nero. The other number, which might well be the original, was 616 which in another numerical system also came out to the name Nero.

Also interesting facts are the color purple, which if I remember correctly was worn by the Whore of Babylon. Purple, at the time, was a royal color in Rome. The beast also had seven heads, and due to the fact Rome was built on seven hills it was known quite well for this. Many of the symbols used in the book can be directed back to Rome really, and during that time it would have been asking to be killed to openly write something that spoke ill, or perhaps of the downfall, of Rome.

Now, I myself, think it more amusing than anything that this would appear. The two separate threads with the numbers 666 and 999. As for what Weiss said about the number 999 though, I am not sure about since I’ve personally never come across that reference before. It could be creditable for all I know. Laughing

Oh, a side note, from what I've come to understand it is indeed the mark of the beast, but not necessarily Satan. The figure in Revelations is the Antichrist, which I do not believe is ever confirmed as Satan himself or as an agent of Satan. If anyone actually knows more about this I'd welcome the information.

~Is highly interested in the subject of theology himself~
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 pm

You've covered the most of it. It is also good to note, if you care about the numerology in the book, that there are quite a few other numbers of importance other than the Number of the Beast.

If anyone is interested, you can find more information on the numbers in the Book of Revelation here and here.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Taking another look at this, I can predict this thread becoming active with debate over this or that. Please remember to keep things civil, everyone. After all, the original topic was just meant to point out something that, in spite of being inevitable by the very fundamentals of counting, was humorous to the poster.

The fact that 999 appeared in the sub-forum above that, on the other hand, is a mysterious coincidence.

Oh, and in relation to the 999 thing, the "reflected on a surface" idea may have been a plot element for the movie. The more I look around, the less credible I'm finding that reference, so it would be best to disregard it for now.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah, I don't mean to start a history debate!

Though, I must admit, a part of me want to think this is some sort of a sign! Highly unlikely...Maybe. Still doesn't change that fact that someone among us is THE DEVIL!! Fear
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Kathryn and Shades are the devil. ^^
Help

*looks at the picture again*
OMG!

That whole section is a motherload of CREEPY!! Shocked All those numbers are based on 3's!!! It's like a planetary alignment or something... Fear
Excited

Wonderland Divided
Look in Here
Emoria

.... Fear
Twisted Evil

Emoria will bring about the apocalypse!!! Muhaha
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 am

Bwahahah! Spawns of daemons: Kathryn and Shades. They will bring about the absolute.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down