FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renaissance Faire

2 posters

Go down

Renaissance Faire Empty Renaissance Faire

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:57 am

That's where I've been this past weekend, and that's where I'll be the next two coming weekends. xD

The Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire

Volunteering. Aww
I thought I'd let you all know, in case my RP activity suffers because of it. ^^

ANYONE WHO LIVES NEAR ME, GO THERE!!

cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Renaissance Faire Empty Re: Renaissance Faire

Post by Lara Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 am

I'm jealous. You honestly have no idea how jealous I am right now. XD

-would love to actually volunteer at a renaissance faire-

I'm working on convincing my parents to go to one this Sunday, but sadly, not to one in Washington.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:03 pm

I hope you have a lot of fun, Kalon! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 am

I got to see the jousting! Yaaay! xD

I don't think I'll ever volunteer for parking again, if I can help it, since you don't get to see much of the faire... because you're busy telling people where to park the whole time... but it was still a lot of fun! xD I didn't get to see much OTHER than the jousting, but that was the main thing for me anyway. ^^

I totally went in costume and set the tone for people coming in. What with the bowing and putting smiles on their faces, it was a real treat. ^^

In addition, a lot of people noticed my ocarina (which I wore like a medallion). It was almost like a status symbol! xD One guy was even like, "dude, I must shake your hand." It was awesome! cheers

It was fantasy week, so I was dressed as a blue wizard. One of my sisters made this awesome staff, and let me use it. It was worm-eaten or something, so she scraped out those bits and painted the resulting grooves silver and blue. It totally looks like lightning! xD
I don't have many pictures of my time there, but I'll put the costume on again sometime soon and show you all. ^^

This coming weekend is the total Renaissance masquerade ball thingy. I'll have to see what I can put together. I may or may not actually pay to get in this time. Razz Depends on the weather. It was nice and cloudy the first time, but it was super hot this last time. I'm actually grateful for my wizard costume -- I purposefully used light clothing, so I wasn't too hot; it was just some of my face and part of one hand (holding the staff in the same position for hours, with the sun on it), that got sunburned.

But again, I got to see the jousting! Lance xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:22 pm

It sounds like you had an amazing time, Kalon! I'm happy for you. Very Happy I hope you'll have lots of fun this weekend too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down