FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mmmm.

+3
Dax
MoiraofWords
Sheolissar
7 posters

Go down

Mmmm. Empty Mmmm.

Post by Sheolissar Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 pm

The noise of cracking peanut shells presage two peanuts somersaulting into the night air, before tumbling straight into the wide open waiting jaws of the young man entering this particular locale of online civilization. The pieces of shell are discarded upon the floor like so many crispy little dried up bug-husks.

Gratuitous lip-smacking and open-mouthed compression of peanuts ground into saliva-coated crumbs and swished around upon a sloppy tongue unschooled in the arts of etiquette round out this symphony of rustic character emergence.

The young, backwards, uncouth youth pauses his calamitous mastication of peanut nation to squint at the sign swinging idly in the foggy atmosphere of this place. Without much hesitation, he begins reading its contents out-loud in truly oblivious fashion, mumbling certain parts incoherently:

"...advanced... and expert... role-playing society. Catering... to as-pi-ring and acknowledged... writers with lit-er-ate cap-a-bil-it-ies. Be-yond that of the av'rage person..."

Chucking more peanut shrapnel carelessly onto the floor, he resumes his bovine, lip-smacking, molar-crunching chewing ritual and glances about with a few turns of his head and a compulsive scratching of his hair.

"Guess I'm in the right place!"

Sheolissar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Mmmm. Empty Re: Mmmm.

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:48 pm

Well howdy there. Nice to meet you. If you've any pertinent questions I'm sure many can be handled here: FAQ

It seems that a trend has been started. Disregard that self reflecting statement. It also seems that you'll fit in just right.

So come on in, find an rp, join the chat, and have a good time. Welcome to FoG!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Haha, that was awesome.

Sound the trumpets, man the hatches, we got another one!

So Moira has already directed you to the FAQ so I will keep myself from giving you the obligatory/regular links.

I welcome you to this blip of reality, where the creations of imagination run loose and where you do not know what lurks behind every shadow or behind every veil of mist. This wonderous place only known as FoG!

By the way, those peanuts look delicious.

If you would like to give any of... uh I mean if you want to donate...I mean...

Well, I guess I might say this before I go back into my dark corner and recover from this escapade: Welcome, Bienvenue to FoG and if you have any questions, PM the Staff, consult that FAQ up there or PM any member, including me, and we will come rushing to your help. This thread is a good place to ask for help as well. Yes, we are just that helpful. Or we have a form of compulsive disorder. That too.

Be grateful, Kalon helped me in identifying this particular side of craziness that runs rampant on our site. You can thank him later. cheers

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:23 am

Hey, whatcha doing with MAH NUTS!

>.>

Ha, just joking my good sir. I just wanted to welcome you to our a little slice of insanity island where the crazies run rampant and the imaginations have no bounds. Look around, have some fun, and enjoy yourself.

Welcome to FoG Sheo!

Yours Truly
Quakernuts
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:01 am

Great, now I'm craving peanuts...

Welcome to FOG, Sheo! I loved your introductory post! You seem like a very creative individual, so I have no doubt you'll fit in wonderfully here. Get ready for a crazy fun (but mostly crazy) time with awesome people and excellent role-plays. Enjoy your stay, ask if you have any questions, and watch your soul. We like to nibble... Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Welcome to the swirling mists!

I hope you enjoy your time and clean up after yourself. Wink The crackling of peanut shells is not a favored sound when I'm walking. Lol. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here, and someone will run to answer them.

Once again, welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 am

Ooh! Peanut. *omnomnom*

What a marvelous entrance! cheers
You, sir, have indeed come to the right place. I do bow. *bows dramatically*

Well, since all the bases have been covered, what with the FAQ and the helpfulness, let the insanity begin! cheers

Someone should be around shortly from the SoulNibbling department. Yes, the nibbling of souls is both a science and an art around here. n_n Our procedure for souls proceeds much like the consumption process of peanuts, in point of fact. Aww You'll find out soon enough, once your soul has been... tenderized a bit. Twisted Evil

Indeed, you can check out but never leave, and all that sort of thing. Aww
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:52 pm

SoulNibbling department? Hark, I hear my cue again! Yes, not only do I make it a point to greet all new FOGgers, I'm also the head of the SoulNibbling department. But I shan't reveal my trade secrets yet, unless of course you choose to join my SoulNibbling ranks. Mwuhahahaha... *nibblenibblenibble*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Greetings, Sheolissar! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

Mmmm. Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Wait! Don't leave without me!

I hope that I am not too late to the welcome wagon. So welcome!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down