FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPocalypse - The Terminus Project

3 posters

Go down

iPocalypse - The Terminus Project Empty iPocalypse - The Terminus Project

Post by Chainlinc3 Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 pm

[FoG1]
Hello, and welcome to my first thread here on FoG! But this is no time to dally, I'll cut to the meat of this.

Premise:
Welcome, to a dying planet.

Seven days ago, i the Scourge of Worlds, the Agent of Chaos graced this Earth with his presence.

Six days ago, mankind was brought to it's knees.

Five days ago, 99% of fauna on Earth has been extinguished.

But we survived.
The dead walk the streets, but we survive.
The restless prowl the air, but we survive.
Nightmares flood the Earth, but we survive.
Chaos comes upon us, and one by one we fall.

Background:
i is the Agent of Chaos, the one man who brought Planet Earth to a screeching halt in less than twenty-four hours. Since then, the bodies have reanimated, becoming undead. But these aren't your traditional style of undead, this is no shambling horde. Sure they have zombies. They're the least of our worries. Many other monstrosities plague the land, stalking the few survivors. For brevity's sake, and for drama, I will introduce them in-plot. For a rough idea, we're looking at spirits and demons as well as your "casual" undead. The plot will proceed similar to a survival RP, with i's plans for the world progressing more or less unchecked while the players bear witness. As it proceeds further, a new faction (The Paladins) will come into play, and I will accept new characters from existing or new players then, in case anyone misses the initial launch (or are removed by other means-- see "The Terminus Project" below).

The Terminus Project:
This is a new feature I'm wanting to try out here. The RP will be divided into "chapters" as it progresses. As each chapter moves close to it's climax, I will post a notification asking for PMs. You would PM me your vote for who get's the axe, and when I'm ready for the climax, I will post it up and kill off the "winner." In order for someone to be killed, they will need at least three votes, or else it's a no-kill. Also, if you want to kill off your own character, for dramatic effect or whatever else, voting for yourself will count for five votes.

You may be asking "Why?" It's a simple matter, really. Characters will be average humans caught up in a storm far beyond their wildest dreams. People will die, even among our little band of survivors. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise, and would break the pseudo-realism. As the RP progresses, our numbers will whittle ever lower until a "last stand" is called for.

Also, for those of you who are worried, you will have a say in how your characters would die. Deaths will be meaningful, not just "AND THEN ZOMBEHS RIP BRAINZ OUT LULZ." No, I'm not a sick jerk, I respect the fact that people pour part of themselves into their characters, and I'm not going to insult that. Furthermore, even if your character dies, you will be able to rejoin any time the group meets up with other survivors, which will be decently often (though, admittedly, rarer as the RP progresses, but The Paladins will come into play as the survivors dwindle, which fixes that.)

Rules:
Regarding i-- I don't care what you get out of his name, as long as you write it correctly. It's always lower case, always italicized.

Don't be stupid. If you try to pull a Rambo, you will get predictable results for a random civilian trying to pull a Rambo in the face of undead far beyond their skill and power. In other words, you will be killed. I won't save you just because you're a player character.

Try not to autohit on new enemies-- certain enemies have resistances or even immunities. For example, turning a rifle against a banshee is going to have minimal effect. If you need to assume damage for your post to work, then just take a guess, but I may ask you to edit.

Follow the forum rules; I don't want anyone raping people just because the world is in a state of anarchy.

I'm the GM. I can make new rules as I see fit, and if I feel they should be common sense, I can also make them retroactive for particularly egregious errors.

----------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY. Thanks for reading all the way through! Please post if you're interested, or have any suggestions, criticism, or other comments.
Thanks again!
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

iPocalypse - The Terminus Project Empty Re: iPocalypse - The Terminus Project

Post by Crazy Hobo Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Matt, you know I'm in. i makes me happy.
Crazy Hobo
Crazy Hobo
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm

This looks cool. ^^ I am in

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 pm

i makes me more than happy.

Of bloody course I'm in.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 pm

Sweet, three people (alright, I kinda knew Kingmaker & Crazy Hobo would be in, but still).

Anyone else?
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Alright, I'm in! =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Sweet!
Anyway, I'd like one or two more people if I can get them, but I'm going to put up an OOC in a couple hours, just so people can start making characters. I'd do it now but:

A) I want to give a little longer for more people, I usually find that people don't bother if an OOC is already up.

and B) I have to design a character sheet. This is actually a problem with me, I'm OCD about my character sheets. >.<
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

If you need help, Chainy, I'm riiight...

In Kansas Razz

But seriously, if you need help, I'll be on AIM.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chainlinc3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:30 pm

The OOC is up here.
Chainlinc3
Chainlinc3
Apparition