FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War Z: The Struggle for Survival

+4
Gabe
Kaito
Loki
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Z: The Struggle for Survival

Post by Loki Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Official character sheets have been posted, there is a link under the IC one on my first post. They are in excell file mode and are read only. Ask if you have questions or comments.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Z: The Struggle for Survival

Post by 2401 Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Loki wrote:Just so you know, you arrived at the meeting point about 8 hours ahead of time. So could you either mess with your timeline a bit or simply put in some filler action until it is 8:00PM?

Fiddlesticks! I could've sworn you had noon in the post.

*snaps fingers in disappointment*

I'll go edit Yonkers outta my post and figure out some way for Ricky to... stick around in Harrisburg... for an additional... eight... hours...

*gulps*

EDIT: Scratch the Yonkers edit. Ricky is just referring to the fact that the military is making a stand at Yonkers because, as he put it, "New York City is gone..."

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Woohoo for intro post.

Took around 4-6 hours, I guess.

I hope it's okay that I added a .45 to my collection in the intro post...

It's a 1911A1 Colt .45 and there are two packs of ammunition with 50 rounds each. 8 have been used so far. The magazine holds 7 rounds.

Also, can you save the character sheets in 2000/xp compatible mode? (.xls instead of xlsx) I don't own office 2007.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 2401 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Kaito wrote:Woohoo for intro post.

Took around 4-6 hours, I guess.

I hope it's okay that I added a .45 to my collection in the intro post...

It's a 1911A1 Colt .45 and there are two packs of ammunition with 50 rounds each. 8 have been used so far. The magazine holds 7 rounds.

Also, can you save the character sheets in 2000/xp compatible mode? (.xls instead of xlsx) I don't own office 2007.

Nice post, Kaito. I was pleasantly surprised. ^^;

And ya, I don't own Office either... *wince*

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 am

Why thank you. Smile

I'm not 100% satisifed with it, for example, I didn't flesh out the girl at all. Will do that throughout the RP.

I was rather in a hurry to finish it ;P

Btw, I'm through the zombie survival guide, now, too. But I didn't read the part of the book with the "recorded outbreaks in history" fully.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Alright, updated the character sheets in 97-2003 compatibility. The files are also unlocked for your convenience. Since we no longer need to wait on DeadEye (he is going to withhold his character until after basic) I will advance the story by Wednesday. Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:44 pm

I just read through a majority of the spreadsheets. I really like what you've done there Loki, it's a crying shame that I'm not gonna get to jump into this until after training is done >.< I thought it was cool that you didn't just take our S.P.E.C.I.A.L. into account, but also our personality/biography when you were making the perks/familiarizations, etc.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:03 pm

The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. was supposed to be designed upon your personality and biography, but I also altered the experience with each weapon category according to those rather than the S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Ah, very cool. I'm pretty happy with the set of perks I've got, and definitely feel that you were generous with the weapon bonuses Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 2401 Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Ah, I can't seem to open the documents. I download them, but they show up as a bunch of symbols. I've tried all kinds of stuff...

Could you send mine to me in a PM, if at all possible?

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 am

You can try Open Office, free office suit, and it works for me. It only doesn't recognize the 2007 format, yet... (already 2 years old, jeez, how long can it take?)
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:34 am

General Info & Appearance
Name: Skyler "Sky" Letting
Frame Type: Average
Approximate Weight: 145 lbs
Appearance:
World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 DSCF3856

Background
Hometown: Hersey, PA
Type of Childhood: Skyler grew up in a very small town. His parents were both loving and supportive, making sure he had a decent education. He spent most of his childhood buried in books, trying desperately to escape to a reality different from the one he was currently living in. At the age of 12, he entered self defense classes, so that he would no longer be bullied in school. He received average grades, and ever since graduation from high school, he has been commuting to Philadelphia to attend University.
Education: Sky completed his high school education with moderately high grades. In university, his grades range from A's to F's quite erratically, because he gets lazy sometimes, and doesn't try hard enough.
Hobbies: When he is not working, or going to school, Sky is usually at home on his computer. He enjoy writing and web surfing, and reads the occasional book when he finds a series that sparks his interest. He rarely parties, but when he does, he gets together with a few friends and wastes the entire weekend.
Brief Bio: Skyler is a poor University student, currently going for a Bachelor in Fine Arts for English. His goal in life is to either write novels, or go into journalism, or go overseas to teach English. he hasn't decided yet. To pay for all this, he works at UPS, lifting boxes all day, which is where he gets his fit body from. He used to take karate lessons, but has since quit because they became too expensive for him. Aside from that, he sits at home, a virtual recluse, playing video games and lurking the internet. He currently works for UPS, which helps him keep in shape from lifting boxes all day.
As said, Skyler grew up in a middle class, plain vanilla household. He has one sister, who is a few years younger than he is, and three older brothers, born to a different mother. They have all since moved to other big cities. He made it through his schooling with relative little effort, and was on friendly terms with most of his peers, although then never knew much about him personally. He was always stuck in his little world. Aside from growing up in one of the Chocolate capitals of the world, nothing major ever happened in his home town. It was quite, with the tourist boom in the summer months, and a very stable life. Sky finds himself visiting Philly more often, to escape the daily grind.

Attitude & Personality
Pessimist or Optimist: Pessimist
Introvert or Extrovert: Introvert
Personality: Skyler is a very non-aggressive person. He just wants everyone to get along, and doesn't understand when differences in opinion lead to arguments and violence. That being said, he is also non-confrontational, more likely to go along with the flow, than to challenge someones opinion if he disagrees.
Sky is usually pretty quite, speaking only when needed. He has a sharp wit, and can crack jokes. However around strangers, he usually bottles up, not wanting to offend people, or get in their way. Once he gets to know people, he starts to open up, and become more extroverted. He will never fight another person, unless it's a last resort. He sees himself as sort of a defender for others, and while he has never been in a real fight, he believes he would help other people if they were in danger.
Most at ease when: No one is pestering him, and he can go about his own business.
Ill at ease when: He thinks he knows how to best handle a situation, but people refuse to listen, or acknowledge his ideas.
Character's soft spot: He wants to help other people as much as he can. If someone is suffering or in danger, he can't just ignore them, he has to try and alleviate the pain they're feeling, or go to help them.
Is this soft spot obvious to others? It's obvious to the person he is helping. Usually, he waits for a few moments, assessing the situation, before he makes his decision. It's clear on his face that he is unhappy at the situation, and wants to help.
Biggest vulnerability: His heart.
How character reacts in a crisis: Have never been in a real crisis before, Skyler doesn't know. But he assumes that he would be quick to react. He is not someone who generally panics, and often imagines himself in unreal situations. But since he has never been tested, he could be equally prone to panic.
How character faces problems: If the problem is not pressing, he usually takes a minute to review all the information he has on the problem, whether it be math, biology or mechanical knowledge he's picked up. He can usually infer what a good course of action may be if he has basic knowledge of the situation. If he is completely in the dark about how to face a situation, he usually lets someone else work it out, and trusts their judgment.
If the problem is immediate, and must be solved immediately, he acts impulsively, choosing the course of action he believes to be correct without consultation.
How character reacts to new problems: Very similar to that above. He will take into account the new problem, and take his time if allowed. If not, he will face the new threat as quickly as he can without thinking too much.
How character reacts to change: He has very good reaction skills, able to get out of the way of incoming danger. As far as other kinds of change, he may perceive it quickly, but he may not be able to do anything about it.
One word used to describe self: Passionate.
One paragraph description of how character would describe self:
I'm a nerd. Yeah, I call myself that willingly. It would not be a big stretch to say that I have no life, besides the part that lives in a fantasy world. I don't open up well to others besides my close group of friends. You'd be better off asking me the formula for calculating the gravitational pull between two objects that to ask about how I'm feeling. I'm smart, but that means I sometimes think I know what's best, end of story, though I'm too timid to tell you that. But if you're in danger, or need my help, I'll do my best to provide, or die trying.

Interrelation with others:
How does character relate to others?Skyler thinks he understands people well. He will always try to see where the other person is coming from, and take into account their point of view. He is slow to befriend people, but once he feels comfortable around you, he's a dependable friend.
Strangers?: He doesn't relate to strangers very well. He'll prefer to go unnoticed, that to try and be liked. He'll stay off to the sidelines, having little to say, unless asked a direct question.
Friends?: He will laugh and joke with friends. Still, he never really grows out of his shy stage, and it's apparent. He'll talk about life, and laugh, but as soon as he's said his piece, it's like he bottles up again.
First impression: A quite bookworm.

Traits
Talents: He is mostly skilled with a pen and paper, able to write, or do math equations. However he is quite an agile person, adept at climbing, running, and hiding. He also has been able to pick up small trivia tidbits about a range of subjects, like vehicles, oil machinery, computers and electronics, and survival, and karate. Though most of it is very basic knowledge. An expert would be able to teach him so much more than what he currently knows.
Extremely unskilled at: Firearms. Carrying heavy things over distance. Lifting anything heavy. Communication with other people. Generally anything an outdoors man would be good at. He knows how to survive in theory, but he has never had any experience at it.
Good characteristics: Determined, loyal, diplomatic, passive.
Character flaws: Reclusive, opinionated, pessimistic, procrastinator.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: S-5, P-6, E-4, C-4, I-9, A-8, L-6

Gear
Outfit/Armor:
World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 DSCF3951

Jeans
T-Shirt
Sweater
Leather Jacket
Socks
Rubber boots
Gloves
Glasses
Hat
Fanny pack

Weapons:
Hammer - Worn
Knife - Worn
Cane - Good, unscrew to reveal dull, but pointy blade. Has a heavy, round handle.

Approx. Weight, 15 pounds.

Starting Gear:
World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 DSCF3949
World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 DSCF3950

Carrying case (Cooler)
Tool Kit -Contains, screw driver, wire cutters, crescent wrench, bolt and screw bits. Missing pliers, and one screw bit.
Sewing Kit - Contains needles, thread, tape measure, cloth, more needles, adhesive strips.
Flashlight - D-Batteries, half charged (Approx.)
Tape, Scotch - Half a roll
Chop sticks
Box cutter

Food:
8 Apples
Bag of Ceral
Box of Rice
4 Dr. Peppers - 710 mL

Approx. Weight, 20 pounds.

---

Going to go poast my intro. I look forward to it guys!
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am

we got ourselves another player! Very Happy

Welcome aboard the sinking ship.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 2401 Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Choo choo!

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Trains go Choo Choo, boats go like, wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh, or slosh slosh. :/
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 2401 Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Diodri_Setera wrote:Trains go Choo Choo, boats go like, wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh, or slosh slosh. :/

Oh.

Slosh slosh!

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by 2401 Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Also...

Diodri_Setera wrote:Once he felt he had enough gear, he looked around the house one last time. He felt defeated. This was where he lived, and now zombies were taking up residence. He allowed himself a few tears, as he contemplated what this really meant. He would have nothing to hold dear. It was a crushing blow to his spirit. He often prayed for the end of civilization, a fresh start. It didn't seem so appealing now. He wiped his cheeks, and stepped out his front door.

He was confronted by approximately 10 zombies wandering the street.

Sky walked back inside the house, locked the door, and crawled out the back window.

I lol'd.

Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:08 pm

XD

I'm glad you lol'd. Though I hope it was in a good way.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 am

World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 Do-want-dowantdowantdowant-300x205

- to start!
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:43 am

Soon everybody, I am working on some examples for the combat system and I'll have the next step posted this evening. I haven't forgot about you all, just a few things slowed my progress. Thank you all for your patience.

*Edit*

Combat example has been posted!

I'll probably also have an example with multiple players to show how the turn system works this afternoon also. Ask if you have questions or see any errors.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Looks good. I still wished there was a way to combine this with the board-dice. But I don't want to post 5 times in the ooc to get the dice values for the IC post. And rolling in advance could influence what I am going to do with the roll...

Actually thinking about it

It would work pretty well, actually. No need for the combat charts in the IC: simply post the weapon, attack, required roll etc in here together with a dice roll, and you can write the what happenes in the IC without the spoilers in there.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:40 pm

I can't agree with that method. Having a list of rolls ahead of time would take the uncertainty of your actions out of the game and allow you all to manipulate around them. It would make it easy for people to put all their experience into a single weapon class and cause weapon damage to be focused on a lesser weapon. It is this uncertainty that brings the challenge to this RP and causes you to be more strategic with your moves.

Plan for the unexpected and work together to give you margin of error. If you do want to move all the spoiler tags in here, that will be fine with me as long as you are rolling in sequence of your actions. Let me know if you would prefer to do that, but I ask that you also provide links bridging the OOC rolls with the IC story.

I put a lot of effort into these character sheets and all of the built-in equations, combat in the beginning may be difficult, but that will quickly change as you gain weapon experience. As such, I ask that you be truthful with your rolls.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Ok, I need everybody to PM me a 1d20 roll before I continue with the story. You can either post it or PM it to me, deadline will be tomorrow morning in which I will plan to continue the story.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Ok, I did mean that you do a roll for EACH combat move. take this post here as an example for a combat action,

Weapon: Hammer
Target: Zombie 1
Attack Type: Kill
Range: Close
Required Roll: 14

And now for my roll, I use the dice, and it will show just below my post:

(And after this post I would continue to write my IC post, depending on what roll I'd get.)
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:10 pm

The member 'Kaito' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'20-Sided Dice' :
World War Z: The Struggle for Survival - Page 2 20sided
Result : 13
Game Master
Game Master
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:12 pm

The only downside I see here is that the OOC thread might get a little spammed. Also, do we use 1d20 or 2d10 in the game?

(you can use my roll above for whatever you needed it, btw)
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Combat rolls are 2D10, rolls that take place outside of combat are 1D20 unless I ask otherwise.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:30 pm

So the one thing I didn't gather, yet, is: when do you gain Exp and when does your weapon get damaged, is it only 2/20?
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Yes, I got rid of the weapon and armor check rolls since they were too much extra work and the 2D10 system gives each roughly a 1% possibility of happening.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Uploaded new character sheets to include Dio's CS as well as the CS for the NPC used in the first example named Joe Someguy. Again, if there is any problems, please let me know so I can fix them.

Kaito wrote:The only downside I see here is that the OOC thread might get a little spammed. Also, do we use 1d20 or 2d10 in the game?

(you can use my roll above for whatever you needed it, btw)

I would recommend just looking elsewhere for a dice rolling program since, as you said, the thread would be overwhelmed with dice rolls. Especially whenever people are dual wielding and going for 7 turns at a time.

Here is a good program:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next